Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes when I look at a clock in real life, and see it's "X:53", I think I have to stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Nichael posted:

Sometimes when I look at a clock in real life, and see it's "X:53", I think I have to stack.

No you don't. As a fellow support, you realize it's already too late and say "gently caress I'm late" out loud as if that counts for anything.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mars, Timber, Kunkka, Razor and Beastmaster are some of the best offlines RN, shoutout to OD cheese picks.

Anyone who likes Armlet is also good since armlet is really strong.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

if your clock reads "X:53"... you might just be the president

gormless goblin
Sep 16, 2021

Nichael posted:

my entire life inside of one quote

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1494833975092813827 Techies rework coming with new patch

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

oh poo poo

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:pcgaming::pcgaming:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Techies is now an agility carry

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oh boy I sure do often say to myself “I wish there were more techies players in my games”

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I hope they make Techies fun and cool and somewhat less of a punishment hero for the other nine players in the game

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Geight posted:

I hope they make Techies fun and cool and somewhat less of a punishment hero for the other nine players in the game

That would not be the dota that I know and I hate even the idea of a non toxic techies

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Okay, how do we make Techies even drastically more toxic then

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sugar free jazz posted:

That would not be the dota that I know and I hate even the idea of a non toxic techies

They're going to turn him into that explosives guy from league

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Geight posted:

Okay, how do we make Techies even drastically more toxic then

increase the size of techies model so it's completely impossible to gently caress up the stand-ontop-of-your-mines tactic in laning

Espacio
Mar 25, 2006
Dieses ist der schlechteste verrat!
Instead of explosions, implosions.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do all of these god-awful voice lines finally "expire" with Wednesday's patch? I'm so tired of discount Storm Storm and whatever that one Russian line is

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
there's 3 techies, so they should be separately controllable, meepo style

e: the actual techies rework will just be anime skins and a melodramatic "do you love me" voice line

Plank Walker fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 20, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Do all of these god-awful voice lines finally "expire" with Wednesday's patch? I'm so tired of discount Storm Storm and whatever that one Russian line is

Battlepass stuff should all roll over next week so there's a good chance whichever lines you don't like are going away soon

e: supporters club and guild stuff lasts until march 1st sorry

Geight fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 20, 2022

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1494833975092813827

Techies is getting a rework.

I am one of the few players who loves the hero (they're my favorite, by far), thinks it's fun, and thinks it contributes positively to matches that it's in. (A.K.A. I'm part of the problem.)

I hope they keep the spirit of the hero. They're gonna delete it.

Here's my dotabuff where I can show off a lifetime 58.52% winrate over 827 games on Techies :q:

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am one of the few players who loves the hero (they're my favorite, by far), thinks it's fun, and thinks it contributes positively to matches that it's in. (A.K.A. I'm part of the problem.)

Here's my dotabuff where I can show off a lifetime 58.52% winrate over 827 games on Techies :q:

I would bet money they combine or move mines to being his ult only but make it way more limited and more powerful. The heroes a lot more engaging to play as a 4 and pressure lanes and team fight with blast off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Terminal autist posted:

I would bet money they combine or move mines to being his ult only but make it way more limited and more powerful. The heroes a lot more engaging to play as a 4 and pressure lanes and team fight with blast off

i think they should remove blast off as well as his autoattack altogether and make all of his moves different types of mines. his autoattack should be grenades that blow up on a timer. give him a sticky bomb like bombadier. gently caress it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
make his suicide have no respawn time but take your gold and delete items at random if youre broke. add some real chaos. lets loving go

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

i think they should remove blast off as well as his autoattack altogether and make all of his moves different types of mines. his autoattack should be grenades that blow up on a timer. give him a sticky bomb like bombadier. gently caress it

:wrong: buying 3 salves at level one and just spamming blast off on the enemy pos 1 is some of the most fun you can have in the game

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

:mods:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Terminal autist posted:

:wrong: buying 3 salves at level one and just spamming blast off on the enemy pos 1 is some of the most fun you can have in the game

most fun i had in this game was roleplaying venomancer on microphone including the voice and driving my team insane personally

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

most fun i had in this game was roleplaying venomancer on microphone including the voice and driving my team insane personally

"venomancer" - venomancer

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Smythe posted:

make his suicide have no respawn time but take your gold and delete items at random if youre broke. add some real chaos. lets loving go

If they want to go for broke with maximum chaos options I'm all for it.

A primary reason I like Techies so much is that they're just plain different from every other hero, both for the person playing Techies and also their opponent. If Techies becomes just one more support with some bog standard disables and damage I'll be disappointed.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I always thought it would be cool if Techies could throw out a bunch of temporary mines during a teamfight that you'd have to avoid stepping on but I guess the game already has a lesser version of that with Bramble Maze.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I always thought it would be cool if Techies could throw out a bunch of temporary mines during a teamfight that you'd have to avoid stepping on but I guess the game already has a lesser version of that with Bramble Maze.

I've thought this would be a good idea too.

Could be combined with a suicide attack that causes temporary mines to fling all over, as if Techies' cart was spilling everywhere as they died - so it even fits thematically!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wangsbig posted:

"venomancer" - venomancer

Mwahahahahhaa

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

If they want to go for broke with maximum chaos options I'm all for it.

A primary reason I like Techies so much is that they're just plain different from every other hero, both for the person playing Techies and also their opponent. If Techies becomes just one more support with some bog standard disables and damage I'll be disappointed.

:same:

I actually like playing with or against Techies too. Each opens up interesting tactical possibilities.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I figure you combine prox and remote somehow as his ult, keep blast off and that leaves you 2 free spells to work around or create new stuff

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Three people on the team have to select and control the heroes.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

my most favored dota memories are roleplaying phoenix with a bird soundboard, roleplaying macho man randy savage, and playing techies :unsmith:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently there's a Primal Beast teaser in the latest update. He roars and then a global stun goes off or something like that, right after loading in. I hope he's a hero and not Roshan #2.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The patchnotes actually mentioned Primal Beast as a future hero back in December, thought it was a bit forward of them https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/December_14,_2021_Patch

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is Primal Beast from Agh's Lab thingy? Which I still haven't done once

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The final boss of this one, yeah. It's got a unique model instead of just "an existing hero but big", stomps around and yells a lot.

Geight fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

wtf it's wednesday where's the patch :f5: I don't care if it is 5AM Valve Time