Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

like 2/3rds of that list is definitely just like.. a normal sentence said straight. probably the worst list in history, of all of the lists

Are you sure about that?

Also on the monster/disaster movie front. I like Shin Godzilla, if that kind of thing is your bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Trollologist posted:

Are you sure about that?

Also on the monster/disaster movie front. I like Shin Godzilla, if that kind of thing is your bag.

I moused over that link URL and I'm good, thanks.

Also I watched all the new Godzillas but didn't do Shin Godzilla because I thought it was an anime for some reason? I watched the video of some of the effects here at some point though and it looks sick, definitely need to watch it.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's made by an anime guy, but it's really good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Galewolf posted:

I don't even watch anime or read manga anymore (for long rear end time, like the last one I watched was like in 2010) but how even the slightest mention of it turns some goons into frothing rage is just *chef kiss*

Speaking of anime, Jackass sounds pretty good, might watch it at the movie theatre and wait for Anime Vikings to save the movies again in April.

what anime vikings?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if it wasn't for Fury Road George would be known as the happy feet guy

Babe: Pig in the City guy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

like 2/3rds of that list is definitely just like.. a normal sentence said straight. probably the worst list in history, of all of the lists

baskin robins always finds out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just watched The Blob remake that RLM did the video for. Really really good. Great screenplay and effects.

Does it end with them dropping it in the arctic like the original? Then they say this will be totally safe as long as it doesn't melt or anything then look right at the camera and laugh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

if it wasn't for Fury Road George would be known as the happy feet guy

Who has had the weirdest career trajectory? I know the guy who directed mouse hunt also directed the ring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does it end with them dropping it in the arctic like the original? Then they say this will be totally safe as long as it doesn't melt or anything then look right at the camera and laugh

It does not

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I know the guy who directed mouse hunt also directed the ring

mouse hunt is so bleak and dark that it doesn't seem that weird to go from it to a horror

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who has had the weirdest career trajectory? I know the guy who directed mouse hunt also directed the ring

The weirdest career trajectory will always be Roman Polanski who anally raped minors and went on to be more successful than previously rather than being thrown into the ocean.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingo Ligma posted:

The weirdest career trajectory will always be Roman Polanski who anally raped minors and went on to be more successful than previously rather than being thrown into the ocean.

Doesn’t sound that weird considering the industry he’s in

:(

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Milo and POTUS posted:

what anime vikings?

Northmen. Nerds on the internet think that Vinland Saga (a long running manga, made into anime) is the first piece of media to invent a revenge story and calling it the live action VS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzlQ2N6qqg

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bob Clark went Deathdream -> Black Christmas -> Porky's -> A Christmas Story -> ... Superbabies

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

completely forgot Raimi is making the Strange movie even though I've learned this information at least 20 different times

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Meagles posted:

completely forgot Raimi is making the Strange movie even though I've learned this information at least 20 different times

Literally same

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
He's actually not though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

jurassic park 2 was great, what are you talking about :troll:

Look I love The Lost World too, but Julianne Moore and Vince Vaughn both sucked in it.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I hope patrick stewart is just another dumb x-men fakeout and all the nerds get mad when he turns out to be a new character

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Peter Jackson: Bad Taste > Meet the Feebles > Dead Alive > Heavenly Creatures > LOTR trilogy

Then King Kong > The Lovely Bones > The Hobbit trilogy :chloe:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hell yeah!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

infernal machines posted:

Babe: Pig in the City guy

I loved that film when I was a kid

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Peter Jackson: Bad Taste > Meet the Feebles > Dead Alive > Heavenly Creatures > LOTR trilogy

Then King Kong > The Lovely Bones > The Hobbit trilogy :chloe:

hey: I hooted and hollered in theaters with my friends with the Jackson King Kong and I will NOT revisit it in any fashion to update my memory regarding the quality of the film

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

TIP posted:

I hope patrick stewart is just another dumb x-men fakeout and all the nerds get mad when he turns out to be a new character

I want this to be the second Mandarin-gate so bad :pray:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dabir posted:

I loved that film when I was a kid

I think I did too.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mr. Meagles posted:

"making" in the loosest sense of the term. Like in the sense that marvel got him to sign a contract so they could put his name on it, and then proceeded to sand down every bit of his influence from it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Galewolf posted:

I want this to be the second Mandarin-gate so bad :pray:

they didn't show a wheelchair or call him professor or show any x-men anything so I'm very prepared to laugh at nerds

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Can I get a screencap I ain't watching that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Can I get a screencap I ain't watching that
They don't really show anything, but it's very clearly Patrick Stewart's voice talking

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the multiverse. the final frontiers

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Its the multiverse, baby, anything goes

(it's robo-picard)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it's patrick stewart's character from green room

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You wanna see Superman loving an alligator? Multiverse.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Dr strange and Q team up to gently caress with Picard and the crew in increasingly obtuse ways

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Frank Henenlotter bitch

he was on Joebob Friday night, they played Frankenhooker, it ruled.

Black Roses was on before that which ruled less but was also entertaining.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

kalel posted:

Dr strange and Q team up to gently caress with Picard and the crew in increasingly obtuse ways

Take yr pick

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TIP posted:

Is Professor Z. Is two better than X.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

kalel posted:

Strange spends the whole time trying to entrap Q in a bargain. Q clowns on him and forces Picard and crew to go to an endless Comic-con with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008