Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Please don't actually read the sonic thread, that's where I go to post cringe

That and your mom's dms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

flavor.flv posted:

You'll be happy to hear that I eventually remebered what it was and I am enjoying some beemster as I post

Aw, it would have been funny if you remembered the name, but the shop was out of it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

flavor.flv posted:

Please don't actually read the sonic thread, that's where I go to post cringe

That and your mom's dms

Alternatively you could post a link to the sonic thread coz I don't find it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Outrail posted:

Alternatively you could post a link to the sonic thread coz I don't find it.

there has been at least one quote that leads back to it, just click the "whoever posted" bit

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mr Phillby posted:

I don't even like Dizzy its just not very funny to have your idenity used as an excuse to attack you as a racist and a pedophile apparently, especially on an american forum talking about a japanese videogame series.

Like yeah sorry about the british empire guys, my bad. I won't do it again.

Sorry I was tricked into thinking this was a cool place to talk about sonic related stuff with interesting people by all the good posters recently, I am the fool for being upset when someone said something lovely out of nowhere. Damned to defend an egg i don't even particularly like because i think its lovely to call something blanket racist when its about as objectionable as the game Spelunky is.

Great job I'll gently caress off now, i hope you're happy.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

lol at Mr Phillby becoming immediately incensed when someone called the cartoon egg racist

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nobody had even called the egg a pedophile at that point

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

flavor.flv posted:

What could a paedophile egg even paedophile at. An unfertilized ovum? Sperm? Calcium tablets?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

that truly was out of nowhere

has a whole "people keep asking me about my shirt that says I am not a paedophole" vibe

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

technically correct but like

ArfJason posted:

I was gonna call dizzy egg a pedophile and i can only imagine the level of indignation it would have gotten lol

the concept of paedophegg was certainly trying the doorhandle of the conversation

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

which should make it screamingly obvious it was a joke to anyone who has spent more than an hour reading these fine forums

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
PS the DIzzy franchise has some quality games in it if "insane adventure game logic" is your cup of tea.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Splicer posted:

PS the DIzzy franchise has some quality games in it if "insane adventure game logic" is your cup of tea.

and if you're ok with games whose data cassettes were exclusively manufactured by prisoners of the khmer rouge at the request of the british developers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

and if you're ok with games whose data cassettes were exclusively manufactured by prisoners of the khmer rouge at the request of the british developers

drat this Dizzy poo poo goes deep

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm afraid I can't support the paedophegg in his attempts to colonize young children

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
apparently dizzy is a lovely tipper too and NEVER flushes when using other people's toilets. dunno what that says about the national character of the brits, but maybe it warrants some self examination

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
and in one game dizzy stops platforming and responding to any input, turns to the fourth wall and recites a pro-interhamwe monologue script from radio mille collines during the rwandan genocide, adding at the end "this is what all british people think"

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
drat actually i feel bad for slandering dizzy. that guy's sonic thread cry for help has made me feel guilty. not for slandering brits generally, just dizzy

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

and in one game dizzy stops platforming and responding to any input, turns to the fourth wall and recites a pro-interhamwe monologue script from radio mille collines during the rwandan genocide, adding at the end "this is what all british people think"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

apparently dizzy is a lovely tipper too and NEVER flushes when using other people's toilets. dunno what that says about the national character of the brits, but maybe it warrants some self examination
Several of the games' puzzles are unsolvable without this knowledge.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

This ending is actually quite hard to unlock as it requires collecting all 88 stars while wearing blackface IRL

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Splicer posted:

Several of the games' puzzles are unsolvable without this knowledge.

This ending is actually quite hard to unlock as it requires collecting all 88 stars while wearing blackface IRL

The password to unlock the secret ending was a bitch and a half to input too, coming in at a whopping 14 words long.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dameius posted:

The password to unlock the secret ending was a bitch and a half to input too, coming in at a whopping 14 words long.
Every Dizzy game's copy protection was derived from Mein Kampf, excluding Desert Island Dizzy which used excerpts from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Operation Legacy Dizzy was suppressed by the UK government for its "flattering but overly accurate portrayal". Leaked copies of their interrogations show that when questioned the Oliver Twins stated they had no direct knowledge of Operation Legacy and had merely "written what they would have done in her majesty's shoes". Despite being interviewed separately they made these statements simultaneously, with identical intonation, and while staring unblinkingly at the birthplace of you, the reader.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
That being said Dizzy 4: voyage to the paedoph-isles was a polarising game even in England. The nautical theme and minigame in which you spread cultural hegemony was universally praised for its deep mechanics, with the ability to use phrenology to determine optimal servitude assignments also receiving praise for being an accurate depiction of period appropriate scientific understanding, but there was a mixed reaction to the Gary Glitter final boss because while yes, you were beating the poo poo out of Gary Glitter, you were doing to to gain access to his massive store of children stolen from the sets of BBC light entertainment programs, and the subsequent cinematic ending sequence was regarded as being an inappropriate fit for the ZX Spectrum's processing capabilities, as well as being in enormously poor taste.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Each Dizzy game contains eldritch runes to retroactively strengthen and enrich the former British empire. Each time these runes are collected the breadth, power, duration, and above all else cruelty of the Empire is strengthened. We would all be living under the thumb of The Eternal Monarch if not for the Prime Twin insisting on hiding one of them behind the weird mouse puzzle nobody ever figures out seriously I've got like three kinds of cheese here and none of them work what am I missing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The first dizzy game was written by playing the screams of dying orphans backwards into an amiga

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The third game in the series, "Dizzy Goes Forth", has you collecting crates of wheat from around Ireland.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

1stGear posted:

The third game in the series, "Dizzy Goes Forth", has you collecting crates of wheat from around Ireland.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Instead of the usual blue and yellow flickering loading visualisations the Dizzy games exclusively display black and tan.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Even his name, "Dizzy", is revealed in his penultimate adventure to be a reference to his propensity to use rohypnol as a precursor to committing sexual assault.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And, perhaps worst of all, all of his games used up on the joystick to jump

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I really like the Dizzy games. I might play some this week. No joke here just getting nostalgic.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Splicer posted:

I really like the Dizzy games. I might play some this week. No joke here just getting nostalgic.

I remember Ashens saying they’re some of his favorites and he has alright taste in video games.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

touch fuzzy get dizzy has a very different meaning in some markets...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RFC2324 posted:

which should make it screamingly obvious it was a joke to anyone who has spent more than an hour reading these fine forums

only the novice reads the forums

the true master posts without understanding, without thought, a pure expression of the bowels flowing forth into the depths of the internet

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I've learned so much about British people today, thanks thread.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Man, I'm glad I avoided the Dizzy games as a kid - much too problematic.

I much preferred Auf Wiedersehen Monty where Monty Mole had to sell 'acquired' art works and gold to fund a trip to Argentina with the aid of a Catholic Boys Club.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EasilyConfused posted:

I've learned so much about British people today, thanks thread.

And as has been well established, understanding equals supporting
:mods:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Splicer posted:

Operation Legacy Dizzy was suppressed by the UK government for its "flattering but overly accurate portrayal". Leaked copies of their interrogations show that when questioned the Oliver Twins stated they had no direct knowledge of Operation Legacy and had merely "written what they would have done in her majesty's shoes". Despite being interviewed separately they made these statements simultaneously, with identical intonation, and while staring unblinkingly at the birthplace of you, the reader.

rare 1930s Dizzy fan art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

poofactory posted:

Hey, do you guys think gold is a long term buy or sell right now at 1470?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:fuckoff:

:fuckoff:

poofactory posted:

I was called a shill and probated for asking for a discussion of buying gold at $1470 not too long ago.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2892928&pagenumber=52&perpage=40#post390227914

I think the mainstream view of gold and silver investing is that it is for crazies like glen beck fans.

I've read that some "financial experts" recommend a 5-10% allocation in gold/silver but global assets in gold/silver are only estimated at 0-2%.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:cawg:

:cawg: