Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

The single best video of this whole thing

Honker: "What's the plan once people are freezing out here?"
Cop: "There's a homeless shelter that way..."
Honker: "There's a homeless shelter for 50,000 people?"
Cop: "Hey man if I go on a trip..."
Honker: "This is not a trip, this is a fight for survival!"

https://twitter.com/suzi10011001/status/1493055429806600197?s=20&t=Ja-P5BNf3ecF8Igx8C0tvw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Why don't they just huddle together in their saunas?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao. This isn't a humanitarian crisis, dipshit. They want you to leave. If you're freezing, drive the gently caress home.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So uh, has anyone else noticed that GiveSendGo's website looks rather different at the moment?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

AegisP posted:

So uh, has anyone else noticed that GiveSendGo's website looks rather different at the moment?

So they got hacked and the donation data is available for download, eh?

Xaranthius
Nov 27, 2002

Grimey Drawer
They should make like penguins and just huddle together in a giant circle.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MasterSitsu posted:

The single best video of this whole thing

Honker: "What's the plan once people are freezing out here?"
Cop: "There's a homeless shelter that way..."
Honker: "There's a homeless shelter for 50,000 people?"
Cop: "Hey man if I go on a trip..."
Honker: "This is not a trip, this is a fight for survival!"

https://twitter.com/suzi10011001/status/1493055429806600197?s=20&t=Ja-P5BNf3ecF8Igx8C0tvw

If you're cold go the gently caress home dipshits

Lmao at chuds inconviencing and besieging a city and ordering the besieged to provide them with housing

Just how much more white and entitled can they get?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Is the use of the #ottawastrong hashtag ironic or was that always a convoy thing?

e: Random aside, but historically speaking, if you're a minority group the Canadian government dislikes, I wouldn't suggest accepting any blankets.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 14, 2022

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Real protestors warm up at the swiss chalet and sleep at the holiday inn, don't ya know?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao at chuds inconviencing and besieging a city and ordering the besieged to provide them with housing

Remember when these same people were fearmongering about "MIGRANT CARAVANS"? The irony is lost on them, I'm sure.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

infernal machines posted:

So they got hacked and the donation data is available for download, eh?

I'm looking through it, it's mostly US donors of course

and I'd be shocked if its actually him, but a "Michael Flynn" stood out among the donors.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

AegisP posted:

:vince:

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1493062665723256832

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

MasterSitsu posted:

I'm looking through it, it's mostly US donors of course

and I'd be shocked if its actually him, but a "Michael Flynn" stood out among the donors.

Bolded isn't surprising. The convoy stuff got a lot of traction from folks like Don Jr early on. I doubt it's the real Michael Flynn though.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

:owned:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The site is getting hammered now. Hopefully someone mirrors the dump.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Maybe they can burn their street poo. Fight for survival, and all.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Remember when these same people were fearmongering about "MIGRANT CARAVANS"? The irony is lost on them, I'm sure.

I was hoping if I said this enough times that it would turn out to be true.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

It's actually a migrant caravan that's making it's way to the border.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I'm confused.

https://twitter.com/Tamara_MVC/status/1493072750642180103

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
She's looking for any little straw she can grasp to save face because if she doesn't the rabid true believers she's grifted will turn on her.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:umberto:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Several donors have 1488 in their email

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MasterSitsu posted:

Several donors have 1488 in their email

That’s just a fine upstanding citizen born in the 14th month of 1988 that doesn’t mean anything.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Imagine being an American White supremacist/ Facist and being too chicken poo poo to do anything in your own country that is far more conservative, so you fund a bunch of Larpers to start the White Man Revolution in loving Canada of all places

Takes a whole new level of pathetic honestly

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Imagine being an American White supremacist/ Facist and being too chicken poo poo to do anything in your own country that is far more conservative, so you fund a bunch of Larpers to start the White Man Revolution in loving Canada of all places

Takes a whole new level of pathetic honestly

using "find" in the spreadsheet over and over since each donation comes with an optional message. Lots of ones about overthrowing the government, 'donating now so they dont have to pay for bullets later', racist rants against BLM (obviously)

I have found a few people in there using their company emails, including the CEO of a web design studio in Calgary, but mostly small business owners from the States.

It's rare you see any donation over $1000

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

MasterSitsu posted:

using "find" in the spreadsheet over and over since each donation comes with an optional message. Lots of ones about overthrowing the government, 'donating now so they dont have to pay for bullets later', racist rants against BLM (obviously)

I have found a few people in there using their company emails, including the CEO of a web design studio in Calgary, but mostly small business owners from the States.

It's rare you see any donation over $1000

It looks like the biggest donation that went through is purportedly from American tech billionaire Thomas Siebel and a New Brunswick-based pressure washer company is #2.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Edit: NM

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 14, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Not the thing to be asking for here

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/JesseBrown/status/1493080061376933890?s=20&t=YGos5DuPmTP_k5puZ0mOmA

Jesse Brown is such a joke.

https://twitter.com/swanprr/status/1493071607866314755?s=20&t=YGos5DuPmTP_k5puZ0mOmA

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Edit: ^^^ I wonder if they're confusing total dollar value with number of doners. If COVID-19 has shown anything, it's that some people kinda suck at data analysis (not that I'm a whiz).

And definitely definitely don't post it in the canpol Discord.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 14, 2022

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

HackensackBackpack posted:

It looks like the biggest donation that went through is purportedly from American tech billionaire Thomas Siebel and a New Brunswick-based pressure washer company is #2.

Makes me wonder if this was a "dry run" attempt by American fascists to see if a popular far right revolt could succeed in COVID, and the general rebuff of the public of Canada kinda killed any hope of that.

Makes me wonder if the previous announced plan of disrupting the Superbowl and other US cities was to have "Trucker Freedom Convoys" attempt another January 6th on the US Capitol though if they saw this succeed.

Facists aren't exactly living in reality, so I could see this to them being part of a larger "plan"

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 14, 2022

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Edit: ^^^ I wonder if they're confusing total dollar value with number of doners. If COVID-19 has shown anything, it's that some people kinda suck at data analysis (not that I'm a whiz).

I'm not posting it but if you search hashtag #GivenSendGone on a certain bird app you may or may not find someone else who has posted it who's to say

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I'm just appreciating how nearly all of them used credit cards to make the donations. Getting those sweet, sweet, Visa points for your illegal funding of a foreign insurrection.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

TulliusCicero posted:

Serious note: I remember visiting relatives in Ontario around London and Sarnia, and seeing loving Confederate flags on some houses

Like, what the actual gently caress is that. It's not even your dumbass country, it's sadly ours.
This is going back about 10 - 15 years, but one of my friends did a bunch of anti-racism outreach work with the Ministry of Education in south western Ontario. The short story is that lots of white supremacist groups were (and probably still are) doing a lot of recruiting in that area and northern Ontario. The kids were told the Confederate flag represented rural pride, pride in your history, etc. My friend, with the Ministry and various boards worked on discussions with kids of various ages explaining the history of the flag, slavery, etc. and what it really meant. I remember he said that there were some people who still wanted a symbol to show "rural pride" so he suggested they use the Ontario flag instead. Most of the kids didn't even know Ontario had it's own flag.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Happy Valentine's Day Mr. Prime Minister. I'm sorry I didn't come down all that way to gently caress you. :h:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Wow who woulda known a right wing grifting site would have had major security flaws

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

It's this exactly. More Americans gave money but Canadians gave more money.

https://twitter.com/AmarAmarasingam/status/1493094828531462146

quote:

And what about the amount of money from each country?

From the US: $3.62 million
From Canada: $4.31 million

So, about 15,000 more donations from the US but amounting to almost a million less dollars than from Canadians.

quote:

Fucker Clownvoy got me doing pivot tables at 1am I will never forgive you.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

infernal machines posted:

lmao. This isn't a humanitarian crisis, dipshit. They want you to leave. If you're freezing, drive the gently caress home.

:getin:

Second time I've been happy to see an extreme cold warning this season. Sadly doesn't look like it will stay cold.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

That background over what turns out to be a decently long manifesto is :discourse:

Internet culture is so absurd sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/osbcucscso/status/1493220219053125638?s=20&t=0-SoCCgYdHnOU55LiPAYoA