Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Stafford’s NOT the Super Bowl MVP. :sad:

Should've been Donald, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MJeff posted:

Should've been Donald, tbh.

Yeah, I think so, too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Y'all did it!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The silence of this thread says so much

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
It's like that time Kevin Garnett suffered on the Timberwolves for 9 years and then won his first ring in his first season on a new team.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Stafford just proved the lions are cursed but also good for him

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It's like that time Kevin Garnett suffered on the Timberwolves for 9 years and then won his first ring in his first season on a new team.

6 years from Donald and Stafford dealt to the Jets in a Herschel Walkeresque deal?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Should have just named Rodgers Super Bowl mvp.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hey now the Vikings will have a SB winning HC.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Paracaidas posted:

6 years from Donald and Stafford dealt to the Jets in a Herschel Walkeresque deal?

3 years to the bears once they've restocked their draft capital

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SirPablo posted:

Hey now the Vikings will have a SB winning HC.

They could have an offensive coaching staff consisting of revived, peak versions of Bill Walsh, Don Coryell, and Sid Gillman, it wouldn't change things much if Qirk Cousins is their QB.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Rodgers has as many rings as Stafford

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

neither rodgers nor stafford have an NVP smh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

neither rodgers nor stafford have an NVP smh

If Bucs/Rams had been on Nickelodeon, they would've given the NVP to Brady, right?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
These were big playoffs for NFC North vicarious victories between Gould knocking out the Packers and Stafford winning a ring

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MoaM posted:

The silence of this thread says so much

I mean its really weird when no flags are thrown but then on the last gasp drive the rams get three in a row and two of them are super ticky tacky. Im glad Stafford won a ring but to be honest this was the Bengals game. Seems sus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PneumonicBook posted:

I mean its really weird when no flags are thrown but then on the last gasp drive the rams get three in a row and two of them are super ticky tacky. Im glad Stafford won a ring but to be honest this was the Bengals game. Seems sus.

lol the only reason the Bengals were in the lead was because they ripped a guy down by his facemask.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

lol the only reason the Bengals were in the lead was because they ripped a guy down by his facemask.

That's such a "lol i dont know anything about football' take. In real time that was a nothing penalty.

Like whatever, I wanted Matty Ice to get a ring but other than that didnt really care about the game but when the Rams are down a score and all of a sudden the refs start calling poo poo it makes the game look awful.

Edit: lol didnt notice it was Mjeff because of the new avatar, just a hundred lols.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

"In real time that was a nothing penalty."

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

"In real time that was a nothing penalty."

Correct, im sorry that you think frame by frame is how you should call poo poo.

EDIT: I mean youre a bears fan, I should let you have this I guess given that your franchise is hilarious.

Like I feel like even defending any of this is stupid given that your argument is A PENALTY HELPED THEM and my argument is "nothing was called until the Rams were in range of scoring' but I guess we can all be idiots this weekend.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 14, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

PneumonicBook posted:

Correct, im sorry that you think frame by frame is how you should call poo poo.

EDIT: I mean youre a bears fan, I should let you have this I guess given that your franchise is hilarious.

So this is obviously slowed down significantly but even at full speed, it should have been extremely obvious OPI

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1493037584200597504?s=20&t=WJV_rPnZQxykKWb2iBWKdw

e: also lol at calling mjeff a bears fan

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Honestly to me it's also weird to say "well the refs were clearly helping the Rams on that last drive" when the very next play featured a penalty against the Rams that negated a touchdown

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So this is obviously slowed down significantly

Oh okay.

Sorry didnt know everyone was a loving Rams fan here lol.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

PneumonicBook posted:

Oh okay.

Sorry didnt know everyone was a loving Rams fan here lol.

You're surprised that a bunch of Lions fans were rooting for one of the few players that brought anything resembling joy to this franchise over the past two decades?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As someone with no strong feelings about the Lions, Stafford or the Rams, that was such an obvious pass interference on the Higgins TD lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Also I'm going to bring out the old canard that got brought against Lions fans every time the team got screwed by a terrible penalty or reffing mistake:

too bad, it sucks, but it's the bengals fault for putting themselves into a position where a penalty could decide the game.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(Jalen Ramsey goes flailing out of the picture as Higgins suddenly has the room to make an uncontested catch) Yeah ok maybe you could see that poo poo in slo mo

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Is he a Lions fan? I dunno its so hard to tell with all of these loser franchises in the north.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You're surprised that a bunch of Lions fans were rooting for one of the few players that brought anything resembling joy to this franchise over the past two decades?

nah thats fair. I guess I was just dishonest wiht myself when I was like hey whoever wins what a good game itll be! Perhpas the refs throwing three flags on the rams last chance to win had something to do with it who could say? I can say that everyone at the super bowl party i was at was like hey wtf refs??? very odd, who could say?

Game would have been a lot better if flags didnt start flying out constantly but also im an idiot packers fan whos very drunk so who loving cares, none of our teams won even if you think they did because an idiot broke back qb got traded out of this poo poo division.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 14, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So this is obviously slowed down significantly but even at full speed, it should have been extremely obvious OPI

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1493037584200597504?s=20&t=WJV_rPnZQxykKWb2iBWKdw

It's a pretty clear facemask but there's two things working against a clean refereeing call here

1. On these long passes the refs are typically on the boundaries
1a. If you aren't looking directly at it looking for a penalty, it looks a lot like the Ram is just looking ahead of where he's going
2. Super Bowl (until the last 2 minutes)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also I'm going to bring out the old canard that got brought against Lions fans every time the team got screwed by a terrible penalty or reffing mistake:

too bad, it sucks, but it's the bengals fault for putting themselves into a position where a penalty could decide the game.

They also could've chosen to not immediately commit very clearly DPI in the endzone like two plays later. :lol:

PneumonicBook posted:

Is he a Lions fan? I dunno its so hard to tell with all of these loser franchises in the north.

You're doing great.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

PneumonicBook posted:

how can you possibly have two pages of posts in this thread and not recognize my spiritual brother in optimistic-bordering on delusional lions posting

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Acebuckeye13 posted:

how can you possibly have two pages of posts in this thread and not recognize my spiritual brother in optimistic-bordering on delusional lions posting

I ask myself this constantly

EDIT I guess I just assume people are either packer or bears fans because holy poo poo lol at being a Viking or lions fan

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
anywho im glad to give the thread some kind of fun times given that we have nothing to talk about now until the draft. GOODNIGHT FRIENDOS

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Look all the Stafford hate can gently caress right off out of this thread. Any Lions fan recognizes that he's a tough bastard that isn't the kind of QB that can put a team on his shoulders.

He can make plays 75% more often than he can gently caress up plays. It all depends on his supporting cast.

Thats the difference, and I'll congratulate the Superbowl winning QB that will enter the Hall of Fame as a Ram. :(

He has the same amount of rings as Rodgers.

MVP = Most Vaccinated Player.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah no poo poo. Especially with him throwing a ton of picks like always and it not mattering

He threw two, one of which wasn't even remotely his fault, I guess that's "a ton" now? I know two completed passes seems like a lot to a Bears fan, but still...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Q_res posted:

He threw two, one of which wasn't even remotely his fault, I guess that's "a ton" now? I know two completed passes seems like a lot to a Bears fan, but still...

He lead the league in interceptions this season.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Well, poo poo.

:suicide:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Q_res posted:

Well, poo poo.

:suicide:

He won the Super Bowl tho, so who fuckin cares.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Doesn't McVay's offense always look awful if the running game doesn't work? It's not like they're the Chiefs where they're accustomed to being one-dimensional.

There were some misses from Stafford, but there were at least as many plays that didn't work because the design demanded Stafford roll to a side where everyone was covered due to the Bengals' complete lack of fear of Henderson/Akers/Michel. Probably more

They wanted Stafford because the super bowl against the Pats taught them they needed a guy who could continue to function as a QB if all of McVay's complicated cross-formation motion play-action stuff broke down. He proved he could provide that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It still makes me physically ill when i’m reminded that the Lions could’ve had Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh, Ziggy Ansah and Nick Fairley on the same line, but Martin Mayhew decided to egregiously overthink the first round and picked Eric Ebron, instead.

A man whose hands were/are made out of cement.

And, 8 years later, is TE2 on the Steelers depth chart behind a rookie.