Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

EC10 posted:

lmao wtf is wrong with you ninpo and how are you still a mod? clown

your post was terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Spoken like an expert

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Someone post a code tag xi

EC10 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

code:
        ______
________|____|________
\                    /
 \                  /
  \   Pooshited    /
   \              /
    \            /
     \__________/

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

Someone post a code tag xi or a post from r/soccer about which fifa players liverpool need to sign

Not sure how to fit Mbappe and Haaland in there but I'm working on it.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

pik_d posted:

code:
        ______
________|____|________
\                    /
 \                  /
  \   Pooshited    /
   \              /
    \            /
     \__________/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Boris Johnsons sister

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1492972471271710721?t=HmF9iiGyw7Os5Az1OrATRw&s=19

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I need to find an Australian to fight about the idea that you can put sprinkles on buttered white bread and serve that as a finished product at a children's party as a special treat for a child, perhaps even one that you appear to care about and love

i am still indignant from the last time I got mad about "fairy bread", particularly as they didn't even have the dignity to give it an ironic name, like "gateshead cake" or something

and they mad about egg and potato touching

how loving dare you talk poo poo about fairy bread m8

mash and scrambled egg are two quite alright foods that are fine on their own, but to mix them does seem peak bad english food

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

the sex ghost posted:

right thread

ninpo has the power to give comedy sixers for posts about phil foden's daft tattoo and that's about it. I am in no mood to litigate on the ethics of you not being able to post for 6 hours in a forum that gets about 1 post every 6 hours. If something's bothering you as I've said before shoot me a PM and you can have your own personal 606 grief phone in and I'll listen to you for as long as you want (I love to listen! You find more stuff out that way). Kicking off here, publically, in this thread is not the best way to go about it imo

Someone post a code tag xi or a post from r/soccer about which fifa players liverpool need to sign

Does it have to be a probation/football based call

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Does it have to be a probation/football based call

Today I'm accepting calls on who isn't a top top top player or which pampered modern footballers would not have been able to hack it at some vague point in the past (all of them)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Maguire would survive a 70's game by being impossible to headbutt, and being too far away from the ball to get tackled.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
goikoetxea attempted to break kolarov's ankle and after three agonising days *chuck norris joke here*

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Maguire would survive a 70's game by being impossible to headbutt, and being too far away from the ball to get tackled.

He certainly defends like it's still the 70s with glacial pace and clumsy tackles

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Maguire would be a 5 time footballer of the year and have a statue outside old trafford if he'd played before the backpass rule

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I can easily picture Maguire as one of the English defenders that Maradona effortlessly dribbles past to score that one goal, you know the one

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

the sex ghost posted:

Maguire would be a 5 time footballer of the year and have a statue outside old trafford if he'd played before the backpass rule

'On loan from the permanent collection of the British museum'

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EC10 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GREENOCKJFC/status/1492238147442425864?t=8mNlDlLwZhZ6I6sjsc4gag&s=19

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The lad in the middle with the crutch looks like your typical wheeler dealer who tries to sell you a set of speakers.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:vince:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I really love this.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Half expected Goodwillie to be revealed in the next picture

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Half expected Goodwillie to be revealed in the next picture

Funnily enough there's a Ravenscraig castle not far from Raiths home ground...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Not quite venky's level, but still:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I, too, look straight ahead and scream before I eat my sandwich.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
SEVENTEEN GRAMS OF PROTEIN

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I disagree that's incredibly Venkys level.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, I doubt any of them actually took a bite of that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

The best way to advertise that a sandwich tastes good is to point at it and to hold it next to your open mouth but never take a bite out of it

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

frankenfreak posted:

Messi and Pep fought over a can of Coke there's no way any of the City players ate that

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Big rom sneaking in after the shoot and hoovering up all that delicious protein

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Messi and Pep fought over a can of Coke there's no way any of the City players ate that

Thats because Messi is sponsored by Pepsi

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

Not quite venky's level, but still:

Alas, poor Yannick

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
In the U.S. I have observed a minor difference between the greats and the almost greats being that the former tend to build their legacy by staying with one team and making it great. I understand Jordan went to the Wizards and Brady won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but those decisions were in the twilight of a career. Jordan is a Bull and Brady is a Patriot at the end of the day. They built those teams and stayed with them until the team’s time at the top expired. They will rightly be celebrated as legends as a result. On the other hand, look at someone like Kevin Durant or Matthew Stafford. They may win rings, but they just aren’t going to be considered legends. I think players like Mahomes and the Greek Freak realize their greatness is tied to staying and building something over time. If you leave early, you forfeit greatness in the eyes of fans. You can always make more money somewhere else, but true greatness seems to come with more money over your entire career and not just your playing days. Maybe it’s ownership or just advertising, but Michael Jordan will definitely out-earn Kevin Durant in their lifetimes. If Salah decides to take more money at Real Madrid, that’s absolutely fine, but Liverpool should be very clear with him that he’s giving up his chance to be an all-time great by not sticking around and seeing out this team’s era he’s been integral to ushering in.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

sticksy posted:

In the U.S. I have observed a minor difference between the greats and the almost greats being that the former tend to build their legacy by staying with one team and making it great. I understand Jordan went to the Wizards and Brady won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but those decisions were in the twilight of a career. Jordan is a Bull and Brady is a Patriot at the end of the day. They built those teams and stayed with them until the team’s time at the top expired. They will rightly be celebrated as legends as a result. On the other hand, look at someone like Kevin Durant or Matthew Stafford. They may win rings, but they just aren’t going to be considered legends. I think players like Mahomes and the Greek Freak realize their greatness is tied to staying and building something over time. If you leave early, you forfeit greatness in the eyes of fans. You can always make more money somewhere else, but true greatness seems to come with more money over your entire career and not just your playing days. Maybe it’s ownership or just advertising, but Michael Jordan will definitely out-earn Kevin Durant in their lifetimes. If Salah decides to take more money at Real Madrid, that’s absolutely fine, but Liverpool should be very clear with him that he’s giving up his chance to be an all-time great by not sticking around and seeing out this team’s era he’s been integral to ushering in.

lmao

now i want salah to leave liverpool specifically for the person who wrote this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
its true nobody even remembers that one guy, zinedine who?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

yes Michael Jordan will definitely squeak past other basketball players based on some minor sponsorships, no big thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

vyelkin posted:

The best way to advertise that a sandwich tastes good is to point at it and to hold it next to your open mouth but never take a bite out of it

that advertising burger is probably made of wax and styrofoam, don't blame em