Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I’m glad father whupped billies rear end I feel like he needed that

Father is so consumed by toxic masculinity that he's probably going to start to wear a fedora soon.

Gazaar posted:

And then Marcus T Posing with the snake skin with her power slowly filling him.

"I will become snek!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I want the ancient android to reactivate and look exactly like Bishop from Aliens.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Vitruvian Manic posted:

not advertiser-friendly.

It's paywalled in the US anyway, so it's not that much of a problem. Don't know about the rest of the world.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Collapsing Farts posted:

It's out in Sweden

Maybe the UK just... sucks

No HBO channel / app here, as in most countries, so it’s on Sky, which does indeed suck.

They do day and date release for things like GoT.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for further adventures of the crew on Snek in the Family

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And I guess the Trust was cool about keeping the snek baby. What a twist.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

And I guess the Trust was cool about keeping the snek baby. What a twist.

The Trust is going to be benevolent without a hidden agenda and it is 100% going to get murdered.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Father is so consumed by toxic masculinity that he's probably going to start to wear a fedora soon.

The best thing about the robo fight is how Hunter now loves his robo-daddy "Get em pops"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I like how The Trust is apparently perfectly fine with people wandering off to build Bartertown, in spite of previously being portrayed as a bit of a control freak, with the task marbles and everything. I guess it recognizes that people need an outlet.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The Trust probably agrees that the Bartertown boss is very handsome and could get it

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
https://imgur.com/a/XQWok0f

We can see Marcus sleep wrapped in a snake skin which he believes gives him solar powers

Show still crazy, i love it. The planet is full of evidence of previous inhabitants and nobody gives a gently caress or thinks to mention it. Just finding relics everywhere.

The atheist society is tightly controlled with daily tasks, but just off screen there's a huge slum with Battlebots lmao. Father resucitates a million years old android by giving it juice.

Serious question, was this atheist outpost mentioned at all in season 1? I thought the planet was uninhabited, except by the giant gollums. Was this colony here all the time and just watching what was going on on season 1 via satellite? Why did ragnar "have" to eat Mother's eyes again?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

etalian posted:

The best thing about the robo fight is how Hunter now loves his robo-daddy "Get em pops"

Hunter also have opinions about women.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it was accurate but I did laugh at Marcus being described as a "boyfriend."

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nemo posted:

Serious question, was this atheist outpost mentioned at all in season 1? I thought the planet was uninhabited, except by the giant gollums. Was this colony here all the time and just watching what was going on on season 1 via satellite? Why did ragnar "have" to eat Mother's eyes again?

The Atheist mothership arrived at the end of the last season and presumably set up this outpost.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I know this way into the future with flying banshee robuts, but the daily task marbles seem needlessy complex. Why waste energy and resources on 1 use marbles when you could just get a white board and write " yo go fix the fence ".

Having barter town battle bots is cool, but maybe put up a barrier or something if the robuts are going to be using projectile weapons.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The show has to be sufficiently ‘sci fi’ looking to counteract the tiny sets other silly props.

I think I have a mancrush on the head atheist guy Cleaver. Love his 80’s dad glasses and voice. Feels like Guy Pearces cousin or something.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I know this way into the future with flying banshee robuts, but the daily task marbles seem needlessy complex. Why waste energy and resources on 1 use marbles when you could just get a white board and write " yo go fix the fence ".

They're not one use? We're told Collective members have to return them when they're done, and the third episode implies the marbles have multiple other functions (e.g. tracking and data gathering).

Mr. Nemo posted:

The aetheists arrived at the very end of Season 1 (there's literally a shot of their ship entering the atmosphere in the first season finale). They've only been on the planet for six months.

Caleb/Marcus was force fed mother's eyeballs by the other Mithraics, after they became angry and distrustful of the insane man. This was presumably meant to give him a horrific time-delayed death, just like what happened to the coroner who was playing around with mother's innards in the first episode this season.

Unfortunately, Marcus is instead seems to be integrating with Mother's circuitry -- hence the veins, the ability to draw energy (or instruction?) from the sun, his sudden fondness for Father, his newfound ability to climb like mother can climb, etc.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Open Source Idiom posted:

Caleb/Marcus was force fed mother's eyeballs by the other Mithraics, after they became angry and distrustful of the insane man. This was presumably meant to give him a horrific time-delayed death, just like what happened to the coroner who was playing around with mother's innards in the first episode this season.

Thank you for the info, and good catch on the climbing.

So an atheist and a mithraic mothership were arriving at the same planet at the same time? The atheists were aware of it, as they thanked Lamia for destroying it. But what was the original plan of either faction? Recreate the war that destroyed earth here? Was a reason givin as to why they didn't attack each other on the way here?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're not one use? We're told Collective members have to return them when they're done, and the third episode implies the marbles have multiple other functions (e.g. tracking and data gathering).

Also a kind of key card since Lamia uses it to get into the schoolroom.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mr. Nemo posted:

Thank you for the info, and good catch on the climbing.

So an atheist and a mithraic mothership were arriving at the same planet at the same time? The atheists were aware of it, as they thanked Lamia for destroying it. But what was the original plan of either faction? Recreate the war that destroyed earth here? Was a reason givin as to why they didn't attack each other on the way here?

Mythraic momoship arrived at the beginning of season 1. That said season 1 takes places over a few days after the crash landing. Both factions were trying to escape earth. Guessing they cant fight each other at super luminal speeds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SimonChris posted:

I like how The Trust is apparently perfectly fine with people wandering off to build Bartertown, in spite of previously being portrayed as a bit of a control freak, with the task marbles and everything. I guess it recognizes that people need an outlet.

well the whole gladiator contests worked for rome in terms of providing a useful distraction from more practical problems.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm just glad Campion is OK I was worried

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The aetheists arrived at the very end of Season 1 (there's literally a shot of their ship entering the atmosphere in the first season finale). They've only been on the planet for six months.

My bad, thought I saw Mother eating hers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My bad, thought I saw Mother eating hers.

She did. She stuck it in her mouth because their suits don't have pockets.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
There was a scene where she vomited it up

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah Father did the same thing, it's a great detail.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Yes, the plan is to recreate the war. In episode 1 (or maybe 2) of this second season one of the Mithraics said they would've won the new war on this planet if something hadn't happened (I think if Mother hadn't killed everyone). The atheists are obviously happy with continuing their war on the Mithraics - they're strapping bombs to them and using them as bait.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Any theories about the thing in the ocean that ate those colonists? Personally, I'm guessing it's the tropical zone itself, but I'd be keen to hear some theories.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yes, the plan is to recreate the war. In episode 1 (or maybe 2) of this second season one of the Mithraics said they would've won the new war on this planet if something hadn't happened (I think if Mother hadn't killed everyone). The atheists are obviously happy with continuing their war on the Mithraics - they're strapping bombs to them and using them as bait.

Yeah, Decima -- the space travel technician who killed her daughter -- says she deliberately mislead the Atheists into thinking the Tarantula was a functioning spaceship. Then cryo failed one year into the journey, leaving the Atheists trapped for twelve years in close confinement, prepping for a fight with the Arc of Heaven that they'd probably be too exhausted and on edge to win.

I wouldn't say the Atheists are happy to kill all Mithraics, so much as they've spent the last twelve years committed to the task, on top of most of them being traumatised child soldiers. And there's always the possibility of more ships coming from Earth.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Isn’t imported drama probatable? Where are the mods of this planet?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope whatever coked out HBO ceo that loves this show let’s them finish off the series. I wanna see what they have entailed for the ending.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

etalian posted:

Yeah, I low key love how attached most of the kids have gotten to these two mad bastard milkbots.

I really hope Lamia eventually finds a new set of screaming/hovering murder eyes though. I miss seeing her soar majestically reducing men to mulch, it’s such a cool visual.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I guess it was accurate but I did laugh at Marcus being described as a "boyfriend."

To a little kid, cult leader bang-mom reads as boyfriend

I think they're just magic marbles that will do whatever is plot necessary to allow you to accomplish your task. Nobody gives them the bags they're carrying around to gather poisonous radioactive fruit in

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I got the impression that the snake bomb squad was all the mithraics left, but this show does play pretty fast and loose with population so it can kill people constantly like the 100

Possessed space veins guy is like fuckin John wick headshotting all the guys in the bomber and tank

Invalid Validation posted:

I hope whatever coked out HBO ceo that loves this show let’s them finish off the series. I wanna see what they have entailed for the ending.

I can't imagine that anyone else has imagined a tangible ending to this

Also does s2 feel like they moved the needle way too far to the "have exposition" side? Almost every line is an infodump of some kind including father saying "oh whats this?" To nobody because he's alone in a room, While tweezering his weird skeleton girlfriend

Paul randomly reciting the entire prophecy to campion

Mother constantly looking into the camera to say "I don't have my eyes" and "I am my OLD self"

Another dodecahedron that doesn't do anything meaningfull, multiple weird caves

Weird long obvious shots of a cave that later has stuff in it

Everyone in every scene loudly explaining the action that just happened on screen

Endless weird artifacts on this planet that are just conveniently on the ground where they are

I didn't even talk about the snake at all yet but the giant pile of snakeskin that clearly indicates nothing survived the shuttle crash

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 14, 2022

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pile of brown posted:

Nobody gives them the bags they're carrying around to gather poisonous radioactive fruit in

The tropical zone fruit isn't radioactive though

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

When I was a kid I had a very vivid nightmare once about aliens invading my planet and the aliens were riding space snakes that slithered through the sky like it was water.

gently caress you Ridley Scott for stealing my nightmares for corporate gain!

I do like milk tho.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yet

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m just waiting for some humans to stumble upon an ancient spaceship in the tropical zone, and they go inside only to find a garbage can which says TRASH - BASURA on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBKBTWRBQ5I

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

Neither were the space potatoes until oops they were

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I low key love how attached most of the kids have gotten to these two mad bastard milkbots.

I really hope Lamia eventually finds a new set of screaming/hovering murder eyes though. I miss seeing her soar majestically reducing men to mulch, it’s such a cool visual.

friendship ended with Sol now Robo dad is my friend.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
Huge vibes from Space Ragnar in episode 3.

Loving every minute of this drat show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Campion loves his baby bro:3: