Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

He's got my vote. Unfortunately I live in Scotland so it doesn't count.

As always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/daniel_freund/status/1486712380419493889

lolling irl

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Danish Supreme Court has upheld a conviction of 60 days unconditional jail for a Lithuanian beggar who held out a paper cup at the Copenhagen central station. Last year Switzerland was convicted at the ECHR in a similar case.

Literally the same punishment a former minister received for violating core tenets of the constitutional state.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Feb 2, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Truga posted:

lolling irl

with friends like this

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish government is entering negotiations with the U.S. on a deal that could see troops and materiel stationed here. Better invest in rape futures.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Danes would have to be real stupid to say yes to that one.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

so that's a 'yes' then.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Southpaugh posted:

:ohdear:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
They're gonna station them on Bornholm, in contravention of the deal that made the Soviets give it back after WW2.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Southpaugh posted:

lmao

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're gonna station them on Bornholm, in contravention of the deal that made the Soviets give it back after WW2.

they're probably going to have a good whinge about that then

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

There's a trucker Freedom convoy in the Netherlands now. Why the gently caress some of these people even have trucks in a country below sea level without any actual rugged terrain is beyond me.

This is so loving dumb.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Freight is often moved in trucks.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

ekuNNN posted:

Freight is often moved in trucks.

That's why I said some of these people?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

An insane mind posted:

There's a trucker Freedom convoy in the Netherlands now. Why the gently caress some of these people even have trucks in a country below sea level without any actual rugged terrain is beyond me.

This is so loving dumb.

oooh is this one also clearly astroturfed right wing nonsense?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

An insane mind posted:

This is so loving dumb.

Trucker or pick-up truck-owner? Truckers dont' drive the latter.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Yeah sorry, mostly pick up truck owners. And I honestly don't know if it needs to be astroturfed what with one of our nazi-lite parties gleefully endorsing it.

E: Spankmeister is right. Sadly there were a lot of actual trucks there.

An insane mind has issued a correction as of 11:06 on Feb 15, 2022

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

An insane mind posted:

Yeah sorry, mostly pick up truck owners. And I honestly don't know if it needs to be astroturfed what with one of our nazi-lite parties gleefully endorsing it.

what the gently caress are you talking about? there were mostly lorries/semi's and tractors at the protest. hardly anyone drives pickups here.

the protest was of course astroturfed right wing bullshit but this picture you're painting doesn't exist

also I don't think you know what astroturfing really means, because having some political party endorse it doesn't mean it's grassroots

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

spankmeister posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about? there were mostly lorries/semi's and tractors at the protest. hardly anyone drives pickups here.

the protest was of course astroturfed right wing bullshit but this picture you're painting doesn't exist

also I don't think you know what astroturfing really means, because having some political party endorse it doesn't mean it's grassroots

Sorry dude, I guess I let my own bias get to me. I think it's easier for me to believe real truckers would be too busy for this kind of stuff so when I saw a picture of a pick-up I must have conflated it.

And I do know what astroturfing means, but I just don't know at this point if the organizers saw the kid glove treatment in Canada and thought now is our time or if it's completely inorganic.

Again, I'm sorry.

An insane mind has issued a correction as of 11:07 on Feb 15, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MORE LIKE FUCKERS XD

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

sorry for coming down a bit hard, this stuff stresses me out a bit.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

spankmeister posted:

sorry for coming down a bit hard, this stuff stresses me out a bit.

It's fine, I'm stressed out about this poo poo too. I just want these fuckwits to go away.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

MORE LIKE FUCKERS XD
join our telegram channel "truckfucklers international" for more freedom convoy updates

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
More great political news

A Bulgarian nationalist MEP gave a Nazi salute in the plenary chamber of the European Parliament in Strasbourg on Wednesday (16 February), sparking outrage after he spoke during a debate on the rule of law in Poland and Hungary.

“We will never allow you to tell us what to say and do. Long live Bulgaria, Hungary, Orbán, Fidesz and the Europe of nation states,”
the representative of the Bulgarian nationalist party VMRO had earlier told the parliament.

VMRO, led by Krassimir Karakachanov, was a junior partner of the GERB party (EPP-affiliated) of the former PM Boyko Borissov.
At the last general elections on 14 November VMRO obtained only 1% of the vote and is not represented in Parliament.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prime minister brian boyko

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Really loving our democratic institutions.

Fondly remembering the time when our countries gave out medals for shooting nazis.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jfc

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pretty weak salute, just looks like he’s hailing over a waitress to buy him a beer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

And that waitress? Hitler!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(More like Shitler!)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

mrfart posted:

VMRO, led by Krassimir Karakachanov, was a junior partner of the GERB party (EPP-affiliated) of the former PM Boyko Borissov.

lmfao, some years ago i said EPP is far right in a d&d eurothread and people got real mad at me

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Truga posted:

lmfao, some years ago i said EPP is far right in a d&d eurothread and people got real mad at me
Makes sense, since the D&D Eurothread had a couple of very active far right posters who didn't want to admit they were far right. Who were also responsible for like 99% of the traffic in the thread, given that activity plummeted the moment they had all been banned or chased off for being openly pro-genocide.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Truga posted:

Hey now, they dic kick Fidesz out in 2021.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Soviets dont exist anymore.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Buller posted:

The Soviets dont exist anymore.
Russia is their succesor state.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Pretty weak salute, just looks like he’s hailing over a waitress to buy him a beer.

Catching an invisible frisbee.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

mrfart posted:

More great political news

A Bulgarian nationalist MEP gave a Nazi salute in the plenary chamber of the European Parliament in Strasbourg on Wednesday (16 February), sparking outrage after he spoke during a debate on the rule of law in Poland and Hungary.

“We will never allow you to tell us what to say and do. Long live Bulgaria, Hungary, Orbán, Fidesz and the Europe of nation states,”
the representative of the Bulgarian nationalist party VMRO had earlier told the parliament.

At the last general elections on 14 November VMRO obtained only 1% of the vote and is not represented in Parliament.
seems like Europe could use some denazification

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ted hitler hunter posted:

seems like Europe could use some denazification

america took all our nazis so we had to make new ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller