Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Bold Robot posted:

Holy poo poo. Are there any good recordings yet?

YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM88Ni1Go2I

Not sure if tapers have uploaded anything yet. I miss BrownTracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Like a Japanese cowboy

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beastie posted:

Like a Japanese cowboy

Or a brother on skates
(a line that always makes me laugh for some reason)

Gonna see them at the Capitol Theatre in like two weeks- haven't decided if I'm gonna buy a ticket for friday, saturday, or sunday.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Or a brother on skates
(a line that always makes me laugh for some reason)

Gonna see them at the Capitol Theatre in like two weeks- haven't decided if I'm gonna buy a ticket for friday, saturday, or sunday.
Do all of ‘em if you can pull it off ‘cause there won’t be any repeats, but night 2 is usually where it’s at.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I can't imagine ween coming around and only going to 1/3 of the show. It's all or nothing

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That’s… a lot. Probably worth it but Jesus that’s a fuckin’ lot. I have my cousin who introduced me to Ween coming to night 2 but I’d be doing 1 and 3 solo.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ween and Phish are the two bands I will ALWAYS do the full run or die trying.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

Ween and Phish are the two bands I will ALWAYS do the full run or die trying.

:yeah:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
… probably buying GA passes for nights 1 and 3, have balcony seats with my cousin for night 2. God dammit I kind of figured this was gonna happen when I put in my vacation days.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

… probably buying GA passes for nights 1 and 3, have balcony seats with my cousin for night 2. God dammit I kind of figured this was gonna happen when I put in my vacation days.

The correct decision

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

The correct decision

And yet also the one most likely to have me hear

“YOU hosed UP, YOU REALLY hosed UP”

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

… probably buying GA passes for nights 1 and 3, have balcony seats with my cousin for night 2.
You're gonna plotz. I haven't seen Ween since Desert Daze, I'm so jealous. Kinda kicking around the idea of New Orleans since my credit was just upped, though.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Good choice. You just know the song you wanted to hear would have been played on days 1 or 3.

Get ready for 6-9 hours of music! Hopefully you don't have a brownout.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

Good choice. You just know the song you wanted to hear would have been played on days 1 or 3.

Get ready for 6-9 hours of music! Hopefully you don't have a brownout.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate. I’ve been listening to Ween on shuffle on the way to/from work the last few weeks and I keep skipping tracks- not because I don’t like the one playing but because there’s some song I’m itching to hear but I don’t know which one yet.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate. I’ve been listening to Ween on shuffle on the way to/from work the last few weeks and I keep skipping tracks- not because I don’t like the one playing but because there’s some song I’m itching to hear but I don’t know which one yet.
It's Albino Sunburned Girl.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Mine is Vallejo. They finally brought it back but I haven't cought it live yet :(

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

Mine is Vallejo. They finally brought it back but I haven't cought it live yet :(

Same but the HIV song. :rimshot:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Harminoff posted:

Oh man, the big one for me for a loooooong time was The Rift to the point I had given up and they sprung that fucker on me in Troutdale. Also: it took eight shows before I finally got a Springtheme.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm actually super psyched for the saturday show- my cousin got me into Ween in like 2010 and I haven't seen him since then.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Capital will be live streamed as well!!!!

https://fans.live/products/ween-02-18-2022

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

Capital will be live streamed as well!!!!

https://fans.live/products/ween-02-18-2022

Yep. I think I’m going to live stream fri/sun and go with my cousin on Saturday. Maaaaybe one GA night but Christ my joints hurt thinking about three three hour shows.

Goon watch on either?

https://youtu.be/6r1rcxaTLvI

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Also it’s funny- when I first got into Ween my cousin who introduced to me to them said Quebec was their best album. He was 32-33 at the time. I liked “It’s gonna be a long night” but the rest of it was above La Cucaracha at best to me.

It’s been 12-13 years and I’m 32-33 now and Quebec is my favorite Ween album now. It’s great when you have that “fuuuck” life experience.

E:gently caress, just checked the release date of Quebec- Dean and Gene were also 32-33 for it. I think it just hits a very specific tone in your life or something.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 12, 2022

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah Quebec has quickly become my favorite album of theirs, in fact its probably one of my favorite albums ever when it's all said and done

also happens to be particularly amazing if you're on an edible, but you probably figured that already

kinda irked that "Ooh La Va" isn't on the album proper though, that's always been a big favorite of mine

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I couldn't seen from skimming the website, but are the streams available for a time after the show?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

thepokey posted:

I couldn't seen from skimming the website, but are the streams available for a time after the show?

No but places like browntracker and the facebook groups / forums all have people who rip the webcast and upload them to Megadownload or wherever

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

thepokey posted:

I bought the three show streaming package last time and they were available for a week I think.

It says on the show page the VOD expires on Feb 22

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have enough Hilton points I can do Friday night for free the next town over so I may do two live shows and livestream Sunday (when I have to work the next day anyway)

I am so loving pumped. Something about Ween just always makes me feel loving fantastic, it’s the musical equivalent of smelling breakfast cooking on Christmas morning as a kid

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Any goons doing GA for Friday? I’m gonna be likely going, but solo.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Elephunk posted:

No but places like browntracker and the facebook groups / forums all have people who rip the webcast and upload them to Megadownload or wherever

browntracker is still alive?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Think I 'm going tonight. Anyone know how late Ween has been starting these days? Have seen them a dozen or so times since 2016 and they reliably started 30-45 minutes late, but then they were weirdly prompt at the NYC shows two years ago and I missed some good songs. I know I can just show up early but I hate standing around with my dick in my hand at a venue before the show starts, especially since I'm gonna be keeping my mask on.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Bold Robot posted:

Think I 'm going tonight. Anyone know how late Ween has been starting these days? Have seen them a dozen or so times since 2016 and they reliably started 30-45 minutes late, but then they were weirdly prompt at the NYC shows two years ago and I missed some good songs. I know I can just show up early but I hate standing around with my dick in my hand at a venue before the show starts, especially since I'm gonna be keeping my mask on.

I feel like every show I've seen live or streamed on Facebook over the last 4 years or so, they've started reliably between 20 and 40 minutes late.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Outside of festival sets, every Ween show I’ve seen was on the dot 30 minutes past the scheduled time. Hanging out with Ween dorks in line is pretty fun though. Like an arts and crafts fair where everyone’s on acid and selling cool pins and poo poo.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

That's the timing I was counting on two years ago and then I missed Transdermal Celebration :negative:

But I guess I'll just try to actually get there before 8.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Outside of festival sets, every Ween show I’ve seen was on the dot 30 minutes past the scheduled time. Hanging out with Ween dorks in line is pretty fun though. Like an arts and crafts fair where everyone’s on acid and selling cool pins and poo poo.

The last time I was at a ween show the person I was hanging out with pre-show was a sloppy lady who fell off the wagon earlier that night. She was very talkative but not particularly artistic.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bold Robot posted:

Are you in the GA section? If you are look for a dude with a black and red shemagh and a dune T shirt on if you want to say hi to/religiously avoid a goon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Also I just bought a Sunday ticket and gave a friend that I didn’t know was a Ween fan my login for the live show. gently caress it, if I did two out of three nights I was going to end up kicking myself.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Are you in the GA section? If you are look for a dude with a black and red shemagh and a dune T shirt on if you want to say hi to/religiously avoid a goon.

I am in GA and will try to find you. Wearing black jeans, black coat, red/black plaid shirt, reddish beanie, glasses, and a white/black checked scarf. :thumbsup:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They still havent started so good call on the 30 minutes

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaan, I'm glad they've put Z-Rock Hawaii in the rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Jesus that was loving incredible. I was grinning like a loving idiot through most of it. Getting tickets for all three nights was 100000 percent the right call, loving pumped for tomorrow and sunday.