Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

It is a bit curious, now that I think about it, that Soundwave shrinks to the size of a human cassette player in alt mode, while Perceptor transforms into a microscope that’s big even for other transformers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Perceptor shrinks in his first appearance, but usually he didn't:

Interestingly, his animated commercial depicts him as smaller than average, so he turns into a microscope that was usable by other Transformers and wasn't so huge.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

Any Lego/Kreo/whatever set that you have to diassenble and rebuild to "transform" misses the point. You can already disassemble any Lego set and build it into a robot, that's the whole point of Legos. It's good to hear they're actually incorperating transfomring. I think those pre-Kreo(?) first Armada-era sets Hasbro put out did that, but they were ugly as gently caress. I trust Lego's designers can do better.
Yeah they kind of are missing the point, but on the other hand it's fun to build a kit of something that doesn't necessarily have to have full functionality.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So what would Lego make? Transformers as a franchise is a mess between continuities and old stuff and new stuff, and Hasbro sells toys from multiple continuities at once, serving different audiences that seldom overlap, but Lego is the biggest toy company, they don't fool around. Are they gonna do cyberverse or RID stuff? Is Hasbro getting ready for a whole new continuity that lego will tie in with?

I kinda feel like I expect Lego to actually make toys targeted at kids instead of just selling $150 G1 stuff for adults.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I could see it being something tied more to the Technic side of LEGO, more than a fair bit of overlap between Transformers and Bionicle for fans of my generation after all

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

So what would Lego make? Transformers as a franchise is a mess between continuities and old stuff and new stuff, and Hasbro sells toys from multiple continuities at once, serving different audiences that seldom overlap, but Lego is the biggest toy company, they don't fool around. Are they gonna do cyberverse or RID stuff? Is Hasbro getting ready for a whole new continuity that lego will tie in with?

I kinda feel like I expect Lego to actually make toys targeted at kids instead of just selling $150 G1 stuff for adults.
I suspect they'll do mainstream sets based on the active lines, presumably the movies to start with, and the next cartoon or generic Evergreen stuff, and then a few high-end G1 sets for us old legacy fans. G1 Prime seems like a no-brainer and easy to make a transforming Lego figure out of since his transformation's pretty basic. The way their DC/Marvel sets work seem like a good template, where there's always sets on the shelf for whatever the latest movie is, but then there's also a bunch of other stuff that isn't really based on anything directly, other than a kind of generic comic influence.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I do hope a transformers line will introduce a slide joint into lego, none that you can make in current lego are very stable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Takara put out a handful of DIABLOCK sets of transforming brickbuilt Transformers you didn't have to disassemble. I had G1 Convoy and they also did Animated Optimus and Animated Bumblebee.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good news, people who have to be able to masturbate to literally every single thing in your life:
https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1492687469791248392

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

Good news, people who have to be able to masturbate to literally every single thing in your life:
https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1492687469791248392

Oh we've been here before

Also as far as these things go, they're down right tame.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Burkion posted:

Oh we've been here before

Also as far as these things go, they're down right tame.

Yeah, those aren't nearly as horny as the Freddy Krueger/Jason Voorhees ones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Rule 34 baby

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dabir posted:

Good news, people who have to be able to masturbate to literally every single thing in your life

Weird of you to assume that people don't masturbate to the male robots. Which I'm actually suspicious that may be part of why some people in this thread get extra upset when the female robots get sexualized.

I'd say the Megan Tron design is better, since she's still some kind of military officer in the spirit of the original character and better integrates the visual features, while the Optimus design is just kind of a mess.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Sorry can't hear you nerds over all this fapping

For real though that trailer-briefcase is pretty neat. I'd take a suitcase like that, especially if I can ride around on it in the airport.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheDK posted:

Sorry can't hear you nerds over all this fapping

For real though that trailer-briefcase is pretty neat. I'd take a suitcase like that, especially if I can ride around on it in the airport.

I got u fam
https://www.smartwheel.ca/Airwheel-SE3-Smart-Ride-able-Suitcase-Silver_p_1696.html

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd say the Megan Tron design is better, since she's still some kind of military officer in the spirit of the original character and better integrates the visual features, while the Optimus design is just kind of a mess.
I disagree, I think the Optimus design is better than the Megatron one because the Optimus design actually evokes the character. If you took the Decepticon emblem off of the tie, there's not a single thing about the design that evokes "Megatron" except for maybe the giant gun. Take away the Autobot emblems on the Optimus one, and it still looks like a chick in a clever Optimus-themed cosplay that incorporates specific design elements and colors. I could see a real-life person wearing that exact getup at a convention (and I'd be kinda shocked if it didn't happen after the statue comes out) and say "oh hey, that's clever". It's got the wheels on the heels of the boots, the matrix of leadership necklace, the forehead crest incorporated into the sunglasses, the chest windows on the jacket, blue gloves, I think it's a way more solid effort than the Megatron "generic grey military uniform".

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 13, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's definitely Megatron's hairstyle, though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I disagree, I think the Optimus design is better than the Megatron one because the Optimus design actually evokes the character. If you took the Decepticon emblem off of the tie, there's not a single thing about the design that evokes "Megatron" except for maybe the giant gun. Take away the Autobot emblems on the Optimus one, and it still looks like a chick in a clever Optimus-themed cosplay that incorporates specific design elements and colors. I could see a real-life person wearing that exact getup at a convention (and I'd be kinda shocked if it didn't happen after the statue comes out) and say "oh hey, that's clever". It's got the wheels on the heels of the boots, the matrix of leadership necklace, the forehead crest incorporated into the sunglasses, the chest windows on the jacket, blue gloves, I think it's a way more solid effort than the Megatron "generic grey military uniform".

Yup, agree with all of this. The Megatron design is ultra-generic laziness. Like someone tried to draw the most predictable possible outcome of "Megatron as a hot woman." The Optimus design completes the assignment while still capturing the character.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Prime's background has always worked way better as a humble working class type than as a cop (mistake on the IDW comics' part)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I never thought Megatron had that great of a design in the first place.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's definitely Megatron's hairstyle, though.

Meg has dreads

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That Megatron design is also skirting as close to a Nazi uniform as they can get away with.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I guess Megatron doesn't really have that much in the way of recognisable design cues. He has a hat and a gun, he's big and blocky and grey with a Darth Vader belly panel and some red. All of those elements are represented, aside from body shape. And yeah, it's close to a Nazi uniform, but he is a fascist wannabe dictator who turns into a Nazi gun, so maybe that's appropriate?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I'm surprised there's no reference to his squiggly chest design, but I guess that would get in the way of the cleavage.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
So does the necktie. They may as well have thrown it in there somehow.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
They should've added a crotch trigger. Everyone would think of Megatron.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Keldroc posted:

I'm surprised there's no reference to his squiggly chest design, but I guess that would get in the way of the cleavage.

That's what the buttons are for.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

She should have had those super thick eyebrows that were popular a while back. And a poster tube or something slung over one shoulder

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Back on the subject of Lego Transformers, this guy makes a lot of cool alt builds from cheap sets that make transforming robots (including several you can make from the Wild Lion set that's on shelves now):
https://rebrickable.com/users/alanyuppie/mocs/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New show!!!

https://twitter.com/nickelodeon/status/1493706944984629253

https://twitter.com/tfu_info/status/1493709385654222856

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to see it in motion but the fact that they added the weird crease on Prime's mouthplate

Don't know that I like that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not a huge fan of Earthspark as a name, it just seems like two unrelated words stuck together. Maybe it'll be relevant though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh huh.

https://twitter.com/nickroche/status/1493711577509502979

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Prime's new dad stache.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I know there's a 99% chance there's zero correlation, but the silver & purple color scheme combined with the smooth curved spikes is making this guy look like Megatron's friendly large adult son or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

After several series without noses, it pleases me they’ve got Nick Roche in to bring them back big time.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cyberverse had noses.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Robot Style posted:

I know there's a 99% chance there's zero correlation, but the silver & purple color scheme combined with the smooth curved spikes is making this guy look like Megatron's friendly large adult son or something.

If they call him something like "Minitron" then we can share the credit

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think I particularly like the look of it. Kind of a weird and different aesthetic. Interesting that it's gonna be happening with Nickelodeon. I don't really have any idea how they're gonna handle it. They've wildly mishandled a lot of other shows, and I often get the sense they want out of creating new shows as a company.

What's up with the white guy that turns into a red quadcopter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dabir posted:

Not a huge fan of Earthspark as a name, it just seems like two unrelated words stuck together. Maybe it'll be relevant though.

quote:

Transformers: Earthspark, from Nickelodeon and Hasbro’s Entertainment One (eOne), launching globally in Fall 2022. This 26-episode action-comedy series introduces a new generation of Transformers robots — the first Transformers robots to be born on Earth. Together with the human family who welcomes them in and cares for them, they’ll redefine what it means to be a family.

I like that Optimus design, Windblade has psycho eyes but otherwise looks okay, the other two look like a My Life As A Teenage Robot Deviantart fan inserts.