Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't like Daya Betty but she was absolutely right about Jorgeous. That was some of the most unhinged judging I've seen and I don't think any of my opinions matched. Angeria should've won and the bottom two were easily Kerri and Deja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Still watching it but Workroom Carson is great. Why don't we always have that?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate when people come up with boring, pedestrian designs when they take the most conventional of unconventional materials on these kinds of challenges so I would have put Deja in the bottom just for how boring her set up was. Use some actual unconventional materials sometimes and Lady Camden did a really good job on that front so I would have gone with her for the win even if it wasn't my favorite look of the top looks.

This has always been my complaint on Project Runway too. So many boring but well made designs with the most easy to work with of unconventional materials win over people who actually use more unconventional materials to make something more interesting, even if it's ugly.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Kornbread is apparently in the new Orville Peck music video. I had never heard him before, but I was blown away by the song and just preordered the vinyl for his new record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_jTTOkGUo

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

It’s physically impossible to have enough THC in your system to understand how Jorgeous beats Angeria or Camden this week.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

It’s physically impossible to have enough THC in your system to understand how Jorgeous beats Angeria or Camden this week.

You just have to remember that this show has never been a drag competition. It's just a television show where the boot order is generally pre-decided. Think back to the reports from early season where queens would get their finalized hotel bill the morning before their actual elimination.

Actually, if anyone wants to see how these kind of reality shows are produced, watch the first season of Unreal. It was created by a former producer of The Bachelor, and is apparently pretty accurate. Don't watch anything beyond season 1 though, it turns to crap real quickly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Eh, I still believe production's plans can be derailed sometimes. Valentina's the biggest example, but there's also other queens who are theorized to be favored and flopped to the point that they couldn't manufacture anything, like Robbie Turner and Ariel Versace. And occasionally a filler queen makes it too hard to boot them or becomes a fan favorite (Kameron, Mo, Heidi). Rigga morris has existed since season 1 (Rebecca), but it's really gotten more blatant and harder to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I can't think of any wins this early in a season where the winner could've justifiably been bottom 2, and certainly not on a design challenge.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Kornbread is apparently in the new Orville Peck music video. I had never heard him before, but I was blown away by the song and just preordered the vinyl for his new record.

An excuse to post this!

https://youtu.be/1VoHzlALxp0

I'm also flummoxed by this ep's judging, Angeria's look was amazing!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Eh, I still believe production's plans can be derailed sometimes. Valentina's the biggest example, but there's also other queens who are theorized to be favored and flopped to the point that they couldn't manufacture anything, like Robbie Turner and Ariel Versace. And occasionally a filler queen makes it too hard to boot them or becomes a fan favorite (Kameron, Mo, Heidi). Rigga morris has existed since season 1 (Rebecca), but it's really gotten more blatant and harder to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I can't think of any wins this early in a season where the winner could've justifiably been bottom 2, and certainly not on a design challenge.

Oh, I absolutely agree, that's why I said "generally pre-decided." I've brought up many times before here how Ru usually has an idea going into each season who she thinks will take the prize, but will award someone else if it would be too controversial.

I think the first time this happened was season 4, the plan was to give the crown to Chad Michaels before the season even began. Chad was a legendary drag queen in her own right, and when they first started casting for season 1, she barred anyone in her drag family for getting involved with the show. Alaska and Willam talked about this in their podcast. For the first several seasons, most of the queens were cast from a list that they created before the first season even began. Getting Chad on granted them access to a whole slew of queens who they were previously denied.

Another obvious time was season 9, I think the season was meant to give Shea Coulee the crown, but after Sasha's groundbreaking season finale lip sync, it was hard to justify denying Sasha the crown. Both Chad and Shea were rewarded with wins in All-Stars when other queens were maybe more deserving.

There's also no way that they cast each queen with the idea that they all might stand a chance at winning. They definitely cast fodder, people who are meant to go home early. Why cast a season full of potential winners when you can save them for later seasons?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmozNuz7RA

The fact that you know Monet was roasting Jorgeous's outfit at 20:51 and they didn't want to put it in the main edit, but Monet explicitly asked to keep it in so they had to leave it as an aftercredits bit with no immediate context

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maddy thrown to the wolves. What poo poo. It wasn’t fashion but it was a complete look. Better than whatever the gently caress Jorgeous put together last minute and whatever ugly mismatched poo poo Kerry did that was sloppy as hell. Christ, the safes crushed the top 3 - even Daya being stuck in Crystals shadow was better than either of Jorgeous or Angelia’s. Angeria was just safe IMO - elevated by the makeup and giant rear end earrings.

This season is either Angeria, Willow or maybe Camden. It’s not even close. Zzzz. Or maybe Jorgeous pulling a UK3 Krystal Versace float to the top cause Ru loves you no matter what.

How are they just making things worse every year.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I definitely think Angeria should have been safe but once again part of it me being biased against conventional, well made looks made with the most conventional of unconventional materials. Daya's look was insane but I'd rather her be in the top instead since it went for it and was weird, even though Angeria's was lovely and something I'd buy off the rack. Jorgeous's should have just been safe; it was fine as a look and I don't think it should have been in the bottom but it was just fine for me and he did make a smart move by editing down and changing fabric. Jasmine's crotch was hideous on their look.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Angeria's construction is heads and shoulders above the rest and I think that's worth recognizing, even if it's not as interesting conceptually. It looks very much like what you'd see on actual fashion shows.

If I had to pick I'd give the win to Camden, but it looks like they're making her the Jackie Cox of the season.

If Maddy's gown hit the floor I probably would also think she's safe but as it is I can't be mad at her placement. Like it's definitely gonna look much worse on the runway than on TV because you're gonna see that huge hoop skirt bobbing and bouncing awkwardly above the floor the whole time

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 13, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

What in the David Lynch poo poo is this

I love it!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Cynthia Lee Fontaine wasn’t 100% positive about the winner of today’s episode so Jorgeous responded with this.

https://twitter.com/jorgeous_1/status/1492607351655997442?s=21

Which is a reference to this:

https://twitter.com/lee_fontaine/status/1492643379095744516?s=21

Which is a bit much.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That 21-year old, previous nobody is about to get crucified on social media for the crimes of not deserving a win on a reality show and making tasteless jokes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cynthia's car's cucu :ohdear:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

jimmydalad posted:

So Cynthia Lee Fontaine wasn’t 100% positive about the winner of today’s episode so Jorgeous responded with this.

https://twitter.com/jorgeous_1/status/1492607351655997442?s=21

Which is a reference to this:

https://twitter.com/lee_fontaine/status/1492643379095744516?s=21

Which is a bit much.

Don't be like me and click the thread because someone just posted elimination leaks in it.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
My partner and I were watching Holland to prep for UKvTW, as we had seen all the other queens except Jackey. We just got to the end of season 2, and we're both quite upset Vivaldi wasn't disqualified for bringing her phone, not to mention that Tabitha goes home in her place.. Was anyone else bothered by this?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Mostly just echoing a bunch of what I've read in the thread already, but

- Quite disappointed to see Maddy go home, I don't think she ever really got to deliver on what she gives in her internet presence
- Kerri's outfit was absolutely abysmal, my god. "Stuff glued to a corset" but also no rhyme or reason, just hideous. If anyone needs a justification for the show being rigged it's that outfit being safe.
- I didn't hate Jorgeous' outfit as much as everybody else seems to, yes it was simple but it was quite cute and impressive for a last minute throw together. That said, it was a safe outfit, and nowhere near a win.
- Deja got shockingly positive critiques for that look imo.
- They are Janning the gently caress out of Daya Betty and it's working.
- They also seem to be Janning the gently caress out of Lady Camden and it is not working. Which is really disappointing, because she deserves better.
- I absolutely loved Willow's monster arms slut dress and I'm surprised nobody is talking about it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I liked Willow's idea, but it was very clearly unfinished. Also, if it was supposed to be a creepy look, she should've done appropriate makeup instead of a standard face. I'd love if she redid it in the time she needs to fulfill her vision.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah, I also loved Willow's look, but even on TV you could see the stitching looked a little rough. Which you could argue fits the look, but under the (delusional) assumption that the ball challenge is judged on merit, she probably lost some points on technical execution there.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Willow's outfit was definitely more of a prototype for the look. I was very impressed that she got the arms to work and look cool - it was ambitious and somewhat risky to spend her time on that type of look. I'm sure if she had more time she could have made it really wow, as is, it was exciting and interesting but still reasonably safe.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/hereisbosco/status/1491966502882275329?cxt=HHwWgsCj0aXow7QpAAAA

:dance: :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just watched Untucked and wow Jasmine is really fragile that a straight boy can get under her skin just talking about himself huh

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eej posted:

Just watched Untucked and wow Jasmine is really fragile that a straight boy can get under her skin just talking about himself huh

That’s not how I read that interaction at all. Maddy said she was gonna destroy the lip sync, Jasmine said she wasn’t worried, and Maddy got all upset that Jasmine didn’t see her as a threat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I saw it as the two bottom queens being in their feelings, Maddy trying to flex a bit and Jasmine flexing back. pretty high stress situation for both of em

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I was soft rooting for Maddy but she was a bit whelming to be honest. She seemed smart from a comedy, acting, and writing perspective but she seemed challenged with anything remotely design, fashion, or choreo related. Shame we didn't get to see her in at least one acting challenge.

Now full steam ahead on team Willow.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

iceyman posted:

Now full steam ahead on team Willow.

Yeah, I'm rooting for Willow now, but Angeria is taking the crown this season.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Why is everyone sleeping on Bosco?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

garthoneeye posted:

That’s not how I read that interaction at all. Maddy said she was gonna destroy the lip sync, Jasmine said she wasn’t worried, and Maddy got all upset that Jasmine didn’t see her as a threat.

Jasmine said she wasn't worried but she sure got heated, started yelling and got up out of her seat to start posturing. Definitely not worried though.

Either way it's a complete lose-lose situation for Maddy. He's in a room full of gay men, there's no way for him to get into a yelling match and get out unscathed on national TV. He even clarified he meant he's gonna slay the lipsync not slay Jasmine so as to not make it sound like he's coming for her but Jasmine kept going and all he can do is stand his ground while she gets more and more worked up.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

There’s a clip going around of Jorgeous at a viewing party saying that she is rooting for Monet x Change in UK vs the World, which gives very much the vibes of Derrick Barry and Stonewall.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It would have been really funny (or painful?) to see Maddy in a dancing challenge.

Midnight Sun posted:

Why is everyone sleeping on Bosco?

Oh she's been in my top four the whole time. I think she's going to keep gaining steam as the season goes on.

I think it's going to be Bosco, Angeria, Willow and Kerri.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Found the clip.

https://twitter.com/reyasunnn/status/1493009340080533505?s=21

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

“Biiiiiitch…”

drat Jorgeous, torpedo that career even more.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

There’s a clip going around of Jorgeous at a viewing party saying that she is rooting for Monet x Change in UK vs the World, which gives very much the vibes of Derrick Barry and Stonewall.

But people were killed there...

God, that clip kills ME everytime. Derrick is one of the stupidest people to ever be on Drag Race, and there have been a lot of loving dumb queens.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

I think the main theory is that Jorgeous lurks the RPDR spoilers Reddit.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Read After Burning posted:

I think the main theory is that Jorgeous lurks the RPDR spoilers Reddit.

I heard that someone mentioned Monet shortly beforehand, she was high as a kite, and mixed up Monique with Monet. I don’t get the drama :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Hug in a Can posted:

I heard that someone mentioned Monet shortly beforehand, she was high as a kite, and mixed up Monique with Monet. I don’t get the drama :confused:

Like, I'm all for people shutting down dumbasses going "LOL EVERY LARGE BLACK QUEEN IS LATRICE AND EVERY LATINA QUEEN IS VALENTINA AND EVERY ASIAN QUEEN IS KIM CHI", but Monet and Monique have similar names, were mentioned at the same time, AND were on the same season together. I don't think this is some "JORGEOUS IS RACIST" gotcha like people seem to think?

I don't confuse the two name-wise, but I do definitely have to take a second to remember which is Victoria and which is Veronica.

Rumored future season spoilers: Monique is currently on UK vs the World, but Monet is rumored to be on the All-Winners season. Jorgeous potentially just revealed that she reads the spoiler subreddit (and may have been confused on which of the two was on which current/upcoming season), which isn't a big deal in my opinion but some folks seem to think it'll get her in trouble with WoW.

I think this is just coming up because it was really poor timing with this post:
https://twitter.com/TiaKofi/status/1492633845585305601
https://twitter.com/TiaKofi/status/1492639303184404482

Apparently people are showing their asses in the meet & greets with the UK girls. :smith:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 15, 2022