Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

twistedmentat posted:

I still am not a fan of Wanda being the villain, i mean maybe it will be a alternative Wanda so they can have their cake and eat it to. Her line "when i break the rules i'm a villain, when you do it you're a hero, that's not fair" line seems to suggest she's not really?

And yea, totally going to have some kind of multiverse Illuminati. I bet there's an Ultron there that isn't Evil, hence why they have Ultrons. Maybe they formed to oppose Kang?

But god drat I'm hyped.

The rumor is that she's been going nuts from the Darkhold and that the driving background force of the movie is Cthon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my goodness.

Also there's two Wandas in the trailer. In the same scene no less

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Oh my goodness.

Also there's two Wandas in the trailer. In the same scene no less

In her and Vision's house in Westview, no less.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Who's the dude with all the arms at the end? It kinda looked like Stuhlbarg. Evil extradimensional Nic West?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

theironjef posted:

Who's the dude with all the arms at the end? It kinda looked like Stuhlbarg. Evil extradimensional Nic West?

Zombie Defender Strange

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I'm glad Disney did a huge antitrust violation just so they could maybe sorta kinda have characters from the Fox movies make a cameo in a Doctor Strange movie

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not going to rule it out, but you would think they would wait until the actual FF movie to have him appear

Well you'd think they'd wait until a movie literally called Multiverse of Madness before doing multiverse shenanigans but we passed that wayyy back at this point.

Plus like, the MCU at this point is basically built on characters debuting in other movies before getting their own flick, going back at least to Spider-Man in Avengers 2.5 Cap 3, or arguably all the way back to Black Widow in Iron Man 2. The big question (probably one that pops up before who the villain is) of every new MCU feature is "what new hero is gonna cameo/be a new supporting character?"

FoneBone posted:

The rumor I saw (do not know if this is accurate) was that it is Xavier, but not specifically the version from the Fox movies

That seems like it would have to be right. I mean, considering we know how that Xavier ends up in Logan. And yeah yeah, there's a big time gap between... I don't know every other X-Men movie and Logan, but still..

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

That seems like it would have to be right. I mean, considering we know how that Xavier ends up in Logan. And yeah yeah, there's a big time gap between... I don't know every other X-Men movie and Logan, but still..

I don't think Logan was supposed to be "canon"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought this was originally supposed to come out before No Way Home, not sure how that would have worked

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

e: wrong thread

e2: I'm excited for the possibility of an X-Men film teaser, though.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 14, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

theironjef posted:

Codependent Poster posted:

Zombie Defender Strange

Looked like Nightmare to me, but that might be one villain too many

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I thought this was originally supposed to come out before No Way Home, not sure how that would have worked

No Way Home got a bit of a rewrite because this got bumped back, so I guess Strange would have just known more about the multiverse or something in that film or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The United States posted:

I'm glad Disney did a huge antitrust violation just so they could maybe sorta kinda have characters from the Fox movies make a cameo in a Doctor Strange movie

Well, if you think it's an antitrust violation, maybe you should do something about it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Veotax posted:

No Way Home got a bit of a rewrite because this got bumped back, so I guess Strange would have just known more about the multiverse or something in that film or something.

per leaked(?) concept art, America Chavez would also have shown up at some point (theory is that she would have brought Tobey and Andrew in, which would square with what the screenwriters said about an unspecified Marvel character having brought them in, rather than Ned, in earlier drafts)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Jamesman posted:

OK so the villain in Multiverse of Madness sure as hell appears to be Scarlet Witch and I'm totally loving down for it.

Do we know if Johnathan Majors is supposed to appear in this? It sure as hell seems like he should.

dunno about Majors specifically, but there are rumors that a scene or two tying it more closely to Loki was added in reshoots

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i was thinking about it last night, like, winter soldier is still my favorite mcu film, and it sucks how we'll probably never get a standalone film like that again because every film has to be 10 different tie ins now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

site posted:

i was thinking about it last night, like, winter soldier is still my favorite mcu film, and it sucks how we'll probably never get a standalone film like that again because every film has to be 10 different tie ins now
Eternals was pretty stand-alone, as far as newer Marvel films go

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

At first I thought the synergy between films to be pretty cool. Nowadays, I loving hate it so much.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, I'm a fan of Raimi, and I'm very excited for this film. But, I would be very happy with just a Raimi Strange film where it hops between different dimensions and we see crazy monsters and poo poo that we've never seen before. All the talk of this being inundated with cameos puts a little dampener on that because I fear it will be restricted to universes which are based around stuff we've already seen.

Also, how long will it be till they start crossing over Star Wars with Marvel? I like both but have no desire to see them combine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Karloff posted:

Also, how long will it be till they start crossing over Star Wars with Marvel? I like both but have no desire to see them combine.

Skip Free Guy if you haven’t seen it yet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Karloff posted:

Need to adapt the Star Trek/X-Men novels first.

The ones where Picard has the hots for Storm.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

At one point, Nightmare was the rumored villain. I'm just going to assume that nothing in this movie will matter, because it will end with some "it was all a dream" bullshit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Barry Convex posted:

dunno about Majors specifically, but there are rumors that a scene or two tying it more closely to Loki was added in reshoots

Whatever that robot place was it definitely had TVA vibes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The ones where Picard has the hots for Storm.

Who doesn't

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Who doesn't

The universal rule of comics is that literally everyone has the hots for Storm.

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

ImpAtom posted:

The universal rule of comics is that literally everyone has the hots for Storm.

And that she's always ready to cut up some fool.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The United States posted:

Endless Mike posted:

Well, if you think it's an antitrust violation, maybe you should do something about it.

I want you to know this joke did not go by unappreciated

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Karloff posted:

Yeah, I'm a fan of Raimi, and I'm very excited for this film. But, I would be very happy with just a Raimi Strange film where it hops between different dimensions and we see crazy monsters and poo poo that we've never seen before. All the talk of this being inundated with cameos puts a little dampener on that because I fear it will be restricted to universes which are based around stuff we've already seen.

yeah, my biggest fear about MoM is that it'll turn into a parade of fanservicey cameos and Easter eggs that don't really serve the story or characters

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm definitely wary of how much this movie seems to be trying to do, but I'm still interested.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

yeah, my biggest fear about MoM is that it'll turn into a parade of fanservicey cameos and Easter eggs that don't really serve the story or characters

People were worried about this with No Way Home and turns out there was no reason to. I think it'll be fine in balancing cameos/fanservice with telling a Dr. Strange story.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Codependent Poster posted:

People were worried about this with No Way Home and turns out there was no reason to. I think it'll be fine in balancing cameos/fanservice with telling a Dr. Strange story.

Well, there was reason to be worried, that reason being "The Amazing Spider-Man 2." NWH just avoided that pitfall, that doesn't mean there wasn't cause for concern.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i feel like no way home is a bit different because we all knew that it was gonna be the previous spider men and villains from those movies, but like, that was it. it's still a movie about Spider-Man. but MoM is dr strange 2, and wandavision 2, and Loki 2, and what if 2, and America 1 (and I'm gonna go ahead and guess at least one or two things we haven't seen yet)

it's just a lot

site fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 14, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're not gonna spend a lot of time on people who aren't the main characters, which is gonna be Strange (and the two other versions), Wanda, Wong, and America. Most cameos will probably just be quick moments as Strange and America run through the multiverse, and the Illuminati likely will just be a part of the middle portion. I don't think this is Loki 2 or What if 2 either. It might have characters from the shows, but it's not going to be a continuation.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

After No Way Home, I don’t have much hope for Marvel movies to be anything other than a revolving door of cameos. Maybe the next Captain America movie will do its own thing and be good, for a change.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Eternals was pretty stand-alone, as far as newer Marvel films go

So were Shang Chi and Black Widow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s not Dr Strange 2, it’s Marvel Phase 4 with your tour guide Dr Strange.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My brain has some smooth parts so when I see a neat trailer I just get excited to see the movie. Then when the movie is out I watch it and enjoy it. It’s a simple life, but it works for me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Daduzi posted:

So were Shang Chi and Black Widow.

honestly forgot those existed

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

site posted:

honestly forgot those existed

Understandable, though Shang Chi had some good stuff to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Someone pointed this out from the trailer: