Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Blood DLC is free if you bought it for any of the pervious games. Also the reason it has to be separate is to keep the Teen Rating.

*nurgle fart*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A lot the game 2 epilogues were about N’kari planning something, so it’s kind of funny his debut in game 3 takes place chronologically before game 2.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Blood DLC is free if you bought it for any of the pervious games. Also the reason it has to be separate is to keep the Teen Rating.

I'm frankly amazed that with Slaanesh as a faction and the ogres eating everyone Total Warhammer 3 even has the Teen rating. But at least they only charge for the DLC once across three games...

Does anyone know how the modders are getting on - and whether it's easy to mod green for building red for demolition and old skill line colours?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

I never bought the blood DLC for the other games so if it actually does break animations in this one (which hasn't been confirmed), I'd still have to buy it. But the rating thing is increasingly hard to believe when Nurgle daemons can literally poo poo all over their enemies with no problem. And they could have just made it FLC anyway.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Triskelli posted:

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Mandalore video right on time.

Im glad the music is good. I hope they keep the music guy on to add distinct battle music for wh1 races like wood elves that share tracks

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Sinteres posted:

I never bought the blood DLC for the other games so if it actually does break animations in this one (which hasn't been confirmed), I'd still have to buy it. But the rating thing is increasingly hard to believe when Nurgle daemons can literally poo poo all over their enemies with no problem. And they could have just made it FLC anyway.

That was explicitly the case with 1 and 2, so I think people are reasonably extrapolating. I don't really understand the appeal of the blood dlc, it looks goofy except on orcs where it's cool. I guess that will be true for Khorne and Ogres as well.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Chakan posted:

That was explicitly the case with 1 and 2, so I think people are reasonably extrapolating. I don't really understand the appeal of the blood dlc, it looks goofy except on orcs where it's cool. I guess that will be true for Khorne and Ogres as well.

The gore in 1/2 honestly just looked bad and mostly served to hide the models. The big blood spurts on hit look good in screenshots but the effect in a prolonged battle leaves a lot to be desired.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I doubt the animation issues have anything to do with the blood.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Glad to know the ESRB doesnt care about all the Slaanesh daemons offering to suck me off

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

Finished Mandalore's review and I'm pretty on-board with most of his complaints. I really hope the siege stuff he showed off was just bad luck or perhaps a funny prank CA decided to pull specifically on him because it didn't look that bad in any of Janet's videos.
I think Mandalore specifically looks for those kinds of things while Janet is doing many things.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Randallteal posted:

The gore in 1/2 honestly just looked bad and mostly served to hide the models. The big blood spurts on hit look good in screenshots but the effect in a prolonged battle leaves a lot to be desired.

This is exactly how I feel yeah.

Randarkman posted:

There have been some absolutely insane bugs in TW games. Even more than normal programming where "If you get the bigger hat event between turns 15 and 19 then the game will crash... if you have an odd amount of money" is possible, the TW games go a step beyond.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
US rating boards are famous for the consistent and logical rules they follow. CA must be lying to sell the 4-dollar DLC.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

US rating boards are famous for the consistent and logical rules they follow. CA must be lying to sell the 4-dollar DLC.

Unless the rating board also told them to charge 4 dollars instead of 1 or whatever, it's hard to view it as a good faith effort regardless.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Unless the rating board also told them to charge 4 dollars instead of 1 or whatever, it's hard to view it as a good faith effort regardless.

It works out to be roughly 1 dollar per game because the same pack carries forward from 1 to 3 (and maybe further into Age of Sigmar but we don't need to stir that pot)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dramicus posted:

It works out to be roughly 1 dollar per game because the same pack carries forward from 1 to 3 (and maybe further into Age of Sigmar but we don't need to stir that pot)

I agree that it's not a huge deal or exorbitantly expensive, and I'm still happy about buying all three games, but I think they're full of poo poo when they say 'sorry nothing we could do, the ratings board made us do it' and then charge 3 dollars for it instead of making it flc or 99 cents or whatever.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Holy poo poo that diplomacy rework

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kanonvandekempen posted:

TLDR about the bad stuff:
Sieges are a mess.
Some serious bugs.
Some factions got more attention than others, Tzeentch especially he didn't like. Slaneesh is a problem because it relies heavily on cavalry and charge reflection is bugged. In general chaos factions don't feel fleshed out/diverse enough.

Recommends waiting, not buying the game because of its buggy state atm.

Eh I was gonna uninstall TWW2 but I guess I will wait longer. I already have a preorder so I'll check it out anyway.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Randarkman posted:

my very uneducated guess is it has something to do with the new terrain meshes, it looks like they really went hog wild making new maps

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
i'm going to play this game and that's that on that. I'd buy the blood DLC again if i could

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember there will be a patch right at the start, and optimization is one of the last steps.

Also there is a fun little short story for those with Total War Access. https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As is tradition, there will be a patch

Also tradition, new bugs will be introduced and last for 3-6 months and in rare cases 2+ years

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

H2Eau posted:

i'm going to play this game and that's that on that. I'd buy the blood DLC again if i could
Same here.

CA has built a lot of trust with me in all the patches and DLC that have come out in the last 5 years for Warhammer 2. (More if you include Warhammer 1).

If it is a little buggy at launch I’m sure I’ll cope until the first bunch of patches.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

One of these days, marauder spearmen will be recruitable in the majority of non-norscan areas.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Launch being buggy is a tradition and hopefully there are some funny bugs. Biggest ones affecting gameplay will most likely be fixed in the launch patch.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I survived the Rome II launch, I can survive this. And besides I'm sure I'll be too busy having fun getting owned by daemons to notice anything less than literally gamebreaking

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

not a bot posted:

Launch being buggy is a tradition and hopefully there are some funny bugs. Biggest ones affecting gameplay will most likely be fixed in the launch patch.
I want to see some T-posing bears.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

DaysBefore posted:

I survived the Rome II launch, I can survive this. And besides I'm sure I'll be too busy having fun getting owned by daemons to notice anything less than literally gamebreaking

Nothing here seems to approach Rome II levels of release jank. As I recall, there were a lot of warning signs for that game during pre-release reveals, whereas all of the streamers who have been playing WH3 constantly for the past 2-4 weeks all largely agree that the game is good. There are bugs and imbalances, but relatively few of each. For balance, the only real faction-wide offender seems to be Tzeentch's infinite regen being busted (which, to be fair, is goddamn stupid because people raised that concern the second that ability was revealed last fall so how the hell did nothing change since then); otherwise, everything else seems to mostly just be numbers tweaks or maybe wait on DLC to expand rosters a bit.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I want to see some T-posing bears.

meanwhile on tabletop,

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

orangelex44 posted:

Nothing here seems to approach Rome II levels of release jank. As I recall, there were a lot of warning signs for that game during pre-release reveals, whereas all of the streamers who have been playing WH3 constantly for the past 2-4 weeks all largely agree that the game is good. There are bugs and imbalances, but relatively few of each. For balance, the only real faction-wide offender seems to be Tzeentch's infinite regen being busted (which, to be fair, is goddamn stupid because people raised that concern the second that ability was revealed last fall so how the hell did nothing change since then); otherwise, everything else seems to mostly just be numbers tweaks or maybe wait on DLC to expand rosters a bit.

I'd say the not attacking/stopping in their tracks/landing-to-attack bug that seems to be an animation or movement (or possibly even terrain as someone suggested) issue, is the big one, especially as it has the potentially to really negatively affect the performance of a whole bunch of units.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 14, 2022

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Omnicarus posted:

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

Cajun ogres demanding “When’s supper” would have been the absolute best :allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randarkman posted:

I'd say the not attacking/stopping in their tracks/landing-to-attack bug that seems to be an animation or movement (or possibly even terrain as someone suggested) issue, is the big one, especially as it has the potentially to really negatively affect the performance of a whole bunch of units.
It almost seems tied in to the concern I had for cav stopping their charges before really fully impacting that I noticed in a number of videos.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It almost seems tied in to the concern I had for cav stopping their charges before really fully impacting that I noticed in a number of videos.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all manifestations of the same issue. It's not the same problem that cavalry in warhammer 2 (I think) post mass changes had, which was partially adressed, but not fixed, a couple of months ago. An update which may or may not even have made it into this relase build of Warhammer 3 (my bet is on not).

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All I know is that the Ogres look AMAZING and I want to play them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Sinteres posted:

I agree that it's not a huge deal or exorbitantly expensive, and I'm still happy about buying all three games, but I think they're full of poo poo when they say 'sorry nothing we could do, the ratings board made us do it' and then charge 3 dollars for it instead of making it flc or 99 cents or whatever.

to memory, and admittedly this is from when it came up in TWW2, it can't be free because then it's easily accessible and counts as base game content or whatev so the base product gets rated by it

esrb ratings be wild and still not as bad as austrailia's

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

I was watching Janet's Katarina playthrough yesterday and that must be an occasional thing, because Dervishes and Winged Lancers were sending huge chunks of a plaguebearer unit flying.
Here's both the poo poo "won't attack" bug and a good cav charge -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzCN1OCmbg&t=476s

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

H2Eau posted:

I was watching Janet's Katarina playthrough yesterday and that must be an occasional thing, because Dervishes and Winged Lancers were sending huge chunks of a plaguebearer unit flying.
Here's both the poo poo "won't attack" bug and a good cav charge -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzCN1OCmbg&t=476s
Ahh that is good to see, thank you. I wont cancel my pre-order after all for that reason.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Ahh that is good to see, thank you. I wont cancel my pre-order after all for that reason.

If you keep watching for a minute or so past that timestamp, there's a better charge. Still not quite 3K levels of infantry destruction

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea think I'm gonna wait for some more reviews, it looks like a solid base but seems kinda rough, may stick to Warhams 2 for a bit and let them tweak 3 around. How long do the Ogres get bundled into buying the game, just the first week or so?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

H2Eau posted:

If you keep watching for a minute or so past that timestamp, there's a better charge. Still not quite 3K levels of infantry destruction
I'd love for 3K levels of charges but I'll be happy as long as charges work to some degree compared to how bad they were in WH2 at times.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea think I'm gonna wait for some more reviews, it looks like a solid base but seems kinda rough, may stick to Warhams 2 for a bit and let them tweak 3 around. How long do the Ogres get bundled into buying the game, just the first week or so?
I've seen that its a week, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Has anyone uploaded either a screenshot of the overworld map view or 4k youtube video of overworld gameplay? 1080p video is compressed to poo poo so you can't see any detail.