Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Decided on leveling through the story twice as powerpass'ing a character seems to leave them missing a lot if you ever want them as a main, got my paladin to 35 and sorc to 29, definitely wouldn't level again but doing it a second time is faster and you can pick up a few things easily missed the first time like seeds, secret dungeons, and world bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So, does anyone have other sorc build ideas? I've been trying this one and.. it is absolutely terrible.
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/sorceress-leveling-guide

The text mentions focusing on fast cooldown skills. And then doesn't at all leaving you often with everything on cooldown. It also skips inferno which is where you get a bunch of weakpoint boosts. Including the only one that can crack boss defense mode. Kind of weird they are skipping it. And other skills are being skipped as well even when they too have other defense skipping options like rime arrow. I guess I should check if there is another guide, but just saying for anyone following, it'll drive you batty for how much you'll be chucking auto attacks still at 40 just because they put waay too much weight on skill 10 too early. But also chose some really questionable skills (seriously, explosion is dumb since a little add can just block it from hitting the boss you wanted to hit while punishing strike does the same without the same problem)

Outside that, I'm at level 40 now, and I have to say this game would be better off if it more focused on those large set pieces. Just had my second one and man was that good. Similar to the castle wall one was. I may also be slightly biased because sorc is all about large aoe too, but combing through those two events was cathartic for me.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

TeaJay posted:

I've been playing a bit over the weekend and made it to level ... 25 or so, just got in a forest area where I fought the third world boss. I'm going in as the gunlancer and it feels ... a bit slow? I have some good burst damage, but my none-burst skills seem to hit pretty low and I find myself waiting for cooldowns every now and then. When I get to use the big skills it feels good, though. Maybe the pace will pick up when I get the rest of my skills? (slow also applies to how I'm constantly running behind everyone else)

The fetch quests are terrible and uninspired. In some cases the NPC asks me to talk to another NPC who stands 2 meters to his side, or carry one rock from a circle to another. Why is this still a thing in modern MMO's?

I wish there would be more mid-level armor options too. I've mostly been wearing the same thing with different colors. Are all the cool flashy armors endgame only?

Gunlancer is one of the slowest classes in the game for rushing the Main Story Quest, according to one reddit speedrunner. I boosted mine so I wouldn't have to level with it, but I assume if you focus on his red skills you'll do more damage while levelling. Take Shield Charge and Leap Attack and use them to get around too.

I don't think there's much variety in armor yet, you get your chaos dungeon set at level 50 then upgrade that until you graduate to T2. There's MAYBE two armor sets per tier? I'm not sure.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 14, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is there any way to dress up or do you hope the clown suit that drops for you goes together

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If the stupid gold twitch drops mount is the only one I need to get still can I only get that from the listed twitch channels?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

JuffoWup posted:

So, does anyone have other sorc build ideas? I've been trying this one and.. it is absolutely terrible.

The text mentions focusing on fast cooldown skills. And then doesn't at all leaving you often with everything on cooldown. It also skips inferno which is where you get a bunch of weakpoint boosts. Including the only one that can crack boss defense mode. Kind of weird they are skipping it. And other skills are being skipped as well even when they too have other defense skipping options like rime arrow. I guess I should check if there is another guide, but just saying for anyone following, it'll drive you batty for how much you'll be chucking auto attacks still at 40 just because they put waay too much weight on skill 10 too early. But also chose some really questionable skills (seriously, explosion is dumb since a little add can just block it from hitting the boss you wanted to hit while punishing strike does the same without the same problem)

Something is wrong then, hail (with the double pop)+lightning vortex+strike(increased radius and double pop) pretty much one shots everything for me. Once you get the second nuke anything that didn't die was operator error on my part. Definitely don't let little adds block your big nuke

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Oxyclean posted:

I think part of it just comes down to what people think of when you say "this game but harder" and people just worried about it being a more tedious version of what they're already playing rather than something that might be more engaging.

Ironically, being forced to play a game for dozens of hours before you get to the good part is possibly the most tedious game design imaginable.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I hit 50, finished Vern far enough to get my powerpass, got all my gear to 302 from doing a couple chaos dungeons, and now I have to figure out how to actually play the game and what I should be doing.

It looks like to increase gear level I have to hone stuff, and to hone stuff I need some sort of special gem that I don't have any of or know where to get. Looks like I'm watching some youtube videos at some point this evening.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JuffoWup posted:

Outside that, I'm at level 40 now, and I have to say this game would be better off if it more focused on those large set pieces. Just had my second one and man was that good. Similar to the castle wall one was. I may also be slightly biased because sorc is all about large aoe too, but combing through those two events was cathartic for me.

That's pretty much the build I used, and the crash course video he links has a section for the leveling. Make sure you're managing your ident gauge so that you can open on a boss with ident + explosion + lightning bolt. That will by itself kill almost any boss.

Charles 1998 posted:

Ironically, being forced to play a game for dozens of hours before you get to the good part is possibly the most tedious game design imaginable.

mlyp

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 14, 2022

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Not that Nintendosmash and esportsgamerlive aren't dependable websites, but has anyone noticed the absolute glut of blog wordspinner type sites as #1 on the search results for anything Lost Ark related? Usually there's one or two tossed in when you search for something in other games, but they're easily the top ten results when legit sites (maxroll, icyveins, etc) all exist.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's pretty much the build I used, and the crash course video he links has a section for the leveling. Make sure you're managing your ident gauge so that you can open on a boss with ident + explosion + lightning bolt. That will by itself kill almost any boss.

Sometimes I remember to use this but it didn't seem to matter leveling solo at ALL I mostly kept it around for the extra blink

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

No doubt, but if it was dozens of hours of dick-punch-difficulty, or hp-sponge enemies, before you get to the good part, that would be worse.

but also, that's not ironic, that's just a separate way a game can be tedious.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Something is wrong then, hail (with the double pop)+lightning vortex+strike(increased radius and double pop) pretty much one shots everything for me. Once you get the second nuke anything that didn't die was operator error on my part. Definitely don't let little adds block your big nuke

Except it doesn't have lightning vortex. They took frost's call instead and picked unstable rule at the second tier to make it behave like lightning vortex. But with a longer cooldown and smaller radius (since you can get an aoe boost for vortex). Most likely I assume for enlightenment, but I rarely need to pop rupture as it is and sometimes straight forget. In dungeons, sure. But even then, the bosses are downing at a rate that It isn't as big a deal yet. I'm sure it'll be more important later and I am missing the last skill which would be the meteor awakening skill. Just for now, seems.. meh to put it lightly I guess.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

Except it doesn't have lightning vortex. They took frost's call instead and picked unstable rule at the second tier to make it behave like lightning vortex. But with a longer cooldown and smaller radius (since you can get an aoe boost for vortex). Most likely I assume for enlightenment, but I rarely need to pop rupture as it is and sometimes straight forget. In dungeons, sure. But even then, the bosses are downing at a rate that It isn't as big a deal yet. I'm sure it'll be more important later and I am missing the last skill which would be the meteor awakening skill. Just for now, seems.. meh to put it lightly I guess.

I mean you only need the hail and the lightning strike you can pick the skills you use after it doesn't seem to matter at all. I used the first fire skill for a while instead because I liked the fire blanket look. If you're having problems grouping people before your nuke use a skill to group people

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I mean you only need the hail and the lightning strike you can pick the skills you use after it doesn't seem to matter at all. I used the first fire skill for a while instead because I liked the fire blanket look. If you're having problems grouping people before your nuke use a skill to group people

It isn't the grouping, it is the point that the build focuses heavily on the longest cooldown skills so there are points where after you've cleared a few because as said, you need a couple of spells to kill a group, you can end up just running around with everything on cooldown.

Edit: I should say I felt it during the mayhem assault where I was just running around dodging incoming fire waiting for a spell to come off cooldown.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Sintor posted:

Not that Nintendosmash and esportsgamerlive aren't dependable websites, but has anyone noticed the absolute glut of blog wordspinner type sites as #1 on the search results for anything Lost Ark related? Usually there's one or two tossed in when you search for something in other games, but they're easily the top ten results when legit sites (maxroll, icyveins, etc) all exist.

Yeah, it happened to FFXIV when the Endwalker boom hit.

We used to rely on Google to keep the internet unfucked, but they don't really care anymore.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah those weird blog word websites are extremely good at rewording whatever my search query was about a thousand times before I realize what’s going on

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

admanb posted:

Yeah, it happened to FFXIV when the Endwalker boom hit.

We used to rely on Google to keep the internet unfucked, but they don't really care anymore.

Often the way you make a site the best for a human to use and the best for Google bot to rank highly are at polar opposites. Cooking recipes are my favorite example of this. Many sites with recipes are the same absolute garbage of tons of exposition, pictures, links, etc designed to make ad revenue and rank highly. The recipe is generally in a random spot in the middle of a page and often hidden in a drop down. Aggressively unfriendly user design to drive traffic and make ad revenue.

I drink more because of conversations with marketers and SEO experts than anything else at work.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I clicked on a link from google that was supposed to show which northern skin color goes with which letter and the website was one paragraph saying "Unfortunately the skin you will get is random, so good luck!"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Leveling as a scrapper and it's frustratingly easy to get stuck dashing into geometry or just get caught on a bosses big toe if the dash is on cooldown and get hit by dumb poo poo, or the numerous times i've been hit by things i've clearly been out of because of lag. Probably my biggest complaint.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JuffoWup posted:

It isn't the grouping, it is the point that the build focuses heavily on the longest cooldown skills so there are points where after you've cleared a few because as said, you need a couple of spells to kill a group, you can end up just running around with everything on cooldown.

Edit: I should say I felt it during the mayhem assault where I was just running around dodging incoming fire waiting for a spell to come off cooldown.

Vortex does a pitiful amount of damage, frost's call does an insane amount of damage. At rank 10 on my sorc, frost's call does just shy of 46k damage. Punishing strike, without the magick amplification bonuses which you should use it around, will do just under 64k. Lightning vortex will do about 24k. He's putting points into the things that do the most damage. Vortex is a mobbing tool for gathering things up, usually in chaos dungeons, not for killing lots of stuff.

The class will have downtime between blowing up the entire screen, that's just how it works. Picking your bust windows and having good positioning are pretty core to the class.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 14, 2022

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

EU is so hosed.

1 pm I started trying to queue., it took an hour to even get into the queue. at 2pm I got into the queue at around 16,000
After 2 hours or so I absentmindedly closed the lid on the laptop. Welp. I got my first ever laptop last month after decades of desktops, so that's a lesson learned.
5pm, I get back in after dozens of attempts. 15,800
It's now 7.15 and the queue is at 3,800

Good times.

Now part of that was my gently caress up, but still, what a mess. It's going to be time for bed as I get into the game probably, haha.
I'm going to stay logged in as long as possible using a mouse clicker/jiggler program

Lol, look at this, 1 million downloads this week? I wonder how many are Lost Ark players trying to avoid mega queues

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Any way to disable the menu bar notification dots reminding me that there's a new item?
Yes game, I know I (found up a potion / found a korok seed / added something to the adventurer's tome). I was there.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

99% sure there isn't. I would P2W against it. Particularly the "titles" one, but yeah they are all annoying and I have to look at all the things so they gently caress of, or else they distract me

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I can't remember if it was in here or discord, but I've seen people say that powerpassing a new main isn't recommended right off the bat cause they'll be lacking something. Is it just cause you won't have all the bound battle items and % hp potions that a levelled character would have? I've been saving all my bound to roster chests full of them, my striker is almost 50 and I was tempted to try out and maybe switch to artillerist once I get there. There's definitely no way I'm taking another character through "press G simulator" anytime soon.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The class will have downtime between blowing up the entire screen, that's just how it works. Picking your bust windows and having good positioning are pretty core to the class.

Yea this is the difference between the two sorc builds I believe, one is big numbers with some cd, the other is spam constantly with low to no cd spells

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

JuffoWup posted:

Eh you aren't wrong, but I followed it all the way to 50 and was seriously outclassing literally everyone else I saw in a dungeon. Explosion is kinda nice against bosses.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Tangents posted:

I had read that abilities with blue warning zones are the ones that are counterable, but I don't have counter abilities myself (I think) to test it.

Blue ground warning zones means the attack will result in some loss of control effect (stun, fear, whatever) instead of just damage (red).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does MP exist in any meaningful way in endgame? i haven't looked at my MP bar once and I keep seeing passive skill options that reduce MP cost and just think "okay but why"

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Coeurl Marx posted:

I can't remember if it was in here or discord, but I've seen people say that powerpassing a new main isn't recommended right off the bat cause they'll be lacking something. Is it just cause you won't have all the bound battle items and % hp potions that a levelled character would have? I've been saving all my bound to roster chests full of them, my striker is almost 50 and I was tempted to try out and maybe switch to artillerist once I get there. There's definitely no way I'm taking another character through "press G simulator" anytime soon.

I’ve had no issues playing all of my three characters and clearing content so far. They were a little short on some potions and materials at first but it wasn’t too hard to catch up quickly.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Coeurl Marx posted:

No, its usually your class engravings that are harder to get.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, well I've got all those in my stash for now. Figure I'll boost artillerist, and then play around with both in the advanced training room thing to see which one I actually wanna open them on.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Some of the fonts in this game are ultra tiny. Mega eye strain trying to read names speech bubbles for example.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Countblanc posted:

does MP exist in any meaningful way in endgame? i haven't looked at my MP bar once and I keep seeing passive skill options that reduce MP cost and just think "okay but why"

What is MP?
(seriously, I don't know)

Blue bar, the one opposite the HP one? I kinda thought it was armor or the like. I've payed it zero attention (clearly, lol)

Oh, I'm not at end game though, sorry

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 14, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

What is MP?
(seriously, I don't know)

mana pool/points?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Haha, mana, I had no idea.
Yeah, the leveling poo poo is brain dead. Think I died twice so far

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Soul fist will run out of energy if you take a bunch of expensive skills or have a bunch of swiftness and aren't hyped up, which is why the infinite energy class engraving is so nice.

I dunno about the other classes, it may never be an issue unless you have extremely high swiftness and a bunch of CD reduction tripods.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Is there a way to get the previous Twitch drops? If I look at the Twitch Drop page from my account, it shows that the Paper Hat is still there but it doesn't list any streamers and it seems all streamers are currently dropping Helgaia Pet and Saphia Pet (I got both of these last night and this morning).

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Hemish posted:

Is there a way to get the previous Twitch drops? If I look at the Twitch Drop page from my account, it shows that the Paper Hat is still there but it doesn't list any streamers and it seems all streamers are currently dropping Helgaia Pet and Saphia Pet (I got both of these last night and this morning).

I had to screw with this page sometimes to get some of the drops to work.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/twitch-drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

ghostinmyshell posted:

I had to screw with this page sometimes to get some of the drops to work.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/twitch-drops

Yeah I'm linked and I managed to get an item chest at the beginning and now 2 pets. It seems a stream will only drop you a specific drop and that I missed the paper hat? I mean I load up a stream with drops but it doesn't count torward stuff I didn't get yet (the paper hat shown in twitch.tv/drops/campaings) and the mount but it seems nobody has that drop yet so it's impossible to get.