Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Having fun with the Turok Remaster and now I'm bummed that the 360 one isn't BC :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

ColdPie posted:

If you mean Actually Bad, there's some dog photography game that is just straight up broken. Like you can't complete the tutorial because the gamepad inputs don't work right.

I thought it was bugged too, but it's actually just REALLY poorly explained. I finally figured it out, but the game definitely feels like a free tablet game or something.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Having fun with the Turok Remaster and now I'm bummed that the 360 one isn't BC :(

It is, at its most charitable bland and forgettable

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Crysis 4 looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0a-56UT-yg&t=4957s

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

American McGay posted:

He enjoyed the first few hours so much he never played it again.

The definitive gamepass lifestyle.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Barudak posted:

It is, at its most charitable bland and forgettable

Yeah. That was the impression I got about the 360 one, but still a bummer it's lost to time.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Turok 2008 is one of the few FPS I've played where the FOV made me uncomfortable. The other is Area 51 2005 on consoles (PC version has Project Dreamland which lets you run it on modern OS and resolutions). It doesn't help that the shooting stinks and only the melee is satisfying to use.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Game Pass Game Recommendation: INFERNAX.

It's like a classic Castlevania, except it's bloody and brutal as hell, and features some light RPG elements, choices etc. I only played about half an hour but I am into this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMpfceZTNpQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1493296216666521601

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Could be cool. Are they doing the big patch also? I have paid zero attention to this game other than knowing a patch is on its way.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

External Organs posted:

Could be cool. Are they doing the big patch also? I have paid zero attention to this game other than knowing a patch is on its way.

I would assume there'll be a patch for bugs and stuff along with the update. I got 2077 for 10 bucks at best buy and had a fun enough time with it. I'll replay it once it's updated.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sea of Thieves is so good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sea of Thieves is so good

It looks like something that would be really fun to play with one’s kids, I was wondering about setting mine up on xbox cloud gaming with tablets or computers so we could all play as a crew.

*endlessly plays the hurdy gurdy while dancing around the mainsail*

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I havent touched Cyberpunk at all as I have been waiting for the X/S enhancement.

Im also waiting for the Battlefield 2042 'not completely hosed and fun to play now' patch but not holding my breath

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cyberpuck is pretty average its almost a shame to play without chaotic bugs going off all around you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's nice that more people will play Cyberpunk when the upgrade drops. That game has some cool poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Cyberpuck is pretty average its almost a shame to play without chaotic bugs going off all around you

I wouldn't worry about that changing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When the taxi questline starts and the car basically causes the entire world to explode instead of just ramming your hood i knew it was a special game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's pretty funny that Watch Dogs 3 was overshadowed even in terms of being bad cyberpunk.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I bought Cyberpunk on PC and had a pretty good time (with a 2080S and lots of options turned down, mind), probably won't bother with another playthrough but if ever there was a game that could use some extra juice, it's this one.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's pretty funny that Watch Dogs 3 was overshadowed even in terms of being bad cyberpunk.

It was incredibly bland. And I say that as someone who played the game to the end.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Game Pass Game Recommendation: INFERNAX.

It's like a classic Castlevania, except it's bloody and brutal as hell, and features some light RPG elements, choices etc. I only played about half an hour but I am into this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMpfceZTNpQ

Konami code

clemhfandango
Jun 20, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

That game just kind of came out to no fanfare. I haven't even heard any reception at all about it. Even my friend who is a big fan of Watch Dogs 1 and 2 never said anything about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It lacked both characters and character

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The spiderbot looked cool and so did that one building when you had ray tracing on

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s a Ubisoft open world game so automatic poo poo

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Super weird thing happened yesterday. I got a message on Reddit asking to use my Xbox live account because he wanted to play Rumble Roses and it's not avaliable in his area. It was such an outrageous request I didn't even respond. I just deleted it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Super weird thing happened yesterday. I got a message on Reddit asking to use my Xbox live account because he wanted to play Rumble Roses and it's not avaliable in his area. It was such an outrageous request I didn't even respond. I just deleted it.

thought that was pretty rude tbh, I really want to play the game

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Wow, I can finally play Cyberpunk, the game that taught me not to buy games day 1.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lammasu posted:

do you know which goon it was

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ok Comboomer posted:

do you know which goon it was

It was probably someone from the Two Best Friends subreddit that I post on.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

clemhfandango posted:

That game just kind of came out to no fanfare. I haven't even heard any reception at all about it. Even my friend who is a big fan of Watch Dogs 1 and 2 never said anything about it.

WD_2 was legit good and cool. WD3 was a slight refinement with 1000% worse VO in every scenario. And there's a lot of voiceover in the game.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Lammasu posted:

It was probably someone from the Two Best Friends subreddit that I post on.

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it’s a Ubisoft open world game so automatic poo poo

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
If anyone loves good movement in games, I tried Carrion cause it looked cool, and well, that is another game that just feels good to play. plot and style wise it plays like something from Newgrounds circa 2006, (you play as a blob thing that kills and eats its way through a science facility), but the movement is just super tight and feels good to play. Its a perfect gamepass game cause it's not super long, but it just plays beautifully. It's a great 2-3 hours of your time, and it's about the same size as a newgrounds game, so its easy to fit on your console and takes like, minutes to download even on my slow rear end connection.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 15, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

AA is for Quitters posted:

If anyone loves good movement in games, I tried Carrion cause it looked cool, and well, that is another game that just feels good to play. plot and style wise it plays like something from Newgrounds circa 2006, (you play as a blob thing that kills and eats its way through a science facility), but the movement is just super tight and feels good to play. Its a perfect gamepass game cause it's not super long, but it just plays beautifully. It's a great 2-3 hours of your time, and it's about the same size as a newgrounds game.

made by goons, iirc

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

AA is for Quitters posted:

If anyone loves good movement in games, I tried Carrion cause it looked cool, and well, that is another game that just feels good to play. plot and style wise it plays like something from Newgrounds circa 2006, (you play as a blob thing that kills and eats its way through a science facility), but the movement is just super tight and feels good to play. Its a perfect gamepass game cause it's not super long, but it just plays beautifully. It's a great 2-3 hours of your time, and it's about the same size as a newgrounds game.

I never really got a good feel for where I was on the map from moment to moment but it's small-scale enough that that didn't become a problem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know you were trying to compliment it, but saying carrion looks like a new grounds game seems pretty insulting lol. Imo it actually has a pretty badass pixel art style.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Real hurthling! posted:

It lacked both characters and character

They made a big deal about how you could recruit nearly everybody in Watch Dogs 3 and how different characters had different skills. But every character was pretty allround at things and some skills definitely stood out. So you quickly found a favorite and stuck to that character.

So the system that was touted as defining the game was a dud. You pretty much had to handicap yourself by constantly recruiting and switching characters to get some mileage out of it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

They made a big deal about how you could recruit nearly everybody in Watch Dogs 3 and how different characters had different skills. But every character was pretty allround at things and some skills definitely stood out. So you quickly found a favorite and stuck to that character.

So the system that was touted as defining the game was a dud. You pretty much had to handicap yourself by constantly recruiting and switching characters to get some mileage out of it.

And of course they tried to use voice modulation to make everyone sound unique (it went about as well as you would expect)

Supposedly the individuality mechanics were scaled way back at the last minute