Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yooooo lmfao

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1493349183423660036

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mitch is going to get another justice.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hate the dems and eagerly await their destruction but that doesn't mean i'm going to vote for republicans either.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Reminiscing over LF, a forum that will be forever preserved as a relic from before the democrats were destroyed

I don't really remember anything specific about LF, despite reading it. I just remember that reading it made me embarrassed about being a liberal and, at some point, coming to the conclusion that my embarrassment was warranted.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

I don't really remember anything specific about LF, despite reading it. I just remember that reading it made me embarrassed about being a liberal and, at some point, coming to the conclusion that my embarrassment was warranted.

Who was the lf superstar who tricked them into buying him designer jeans

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol what a dumbass

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Lib and let die posted:

I hate this loving country
honestly there isn't a lot left to hate anyway, and what is there is fading away more each day

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ahahaha who here didn't see this coming lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nothus posted:

:owned:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

honestly there isn't a lot left to hate anyway, and what is there is fading away more each day

Yah yah I'm sure the collapse of a capitalist super power can't possibly result in anything worse.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nothus posted:

in a 9-0 decision...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

Who was the lf superstar who tricked them into buying him designer jeans

Brother Aziz, pbuh

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at everyone speculating that the republicans would let the dems have a justice as a treat since they already have a solid majority. That's not how this game is played.

Never pass up an opportunity to dab on the dems.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ArmZ posted:

in a 9-0 decision...

Bush v gore for every election

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CaptainACAB posted:

I was thinking today about how stupid the Democrats are going to look when Russia doesn't invade Ukraine, and how it will help ensure the complete demolition of the party in November.

All Putin has to do is order his troops to just camp out on the border and do nothing else and he's crippled Ukraine's economy and made the US look like absolute loving clowns. Not sure it will have much electoral effect here in the US because most people don't care about foreign politics but any third country that thought the adults were back in charge because the Dems are in power has got to be extremely shaken

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In 2024 Republicans will have enacted the following voting restrictions if you want to vote Democrat: you have to get state mandated counseling about voting and then wait 24 hours before casting your ballot, you have to hear the heartbeat of the Republicans you are voting against, you have to see pictures of the Republicans holding puppies or hugging their children, all poll watchers and poll workers must have received a certificate in air conditioner repair, and anyone who in any way assists you to vote Democrat including giving you time off from work to go vote, driving you to a polling place, or using too many words that start with "D" in the week leading up to Election Day, can be sued by anyone

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

In 2024 Republicans will have enacted the following voting restrictions if you want to vote Democrat: you have to get state mandated counseling about voting and then wait 24 hours before casting your ballot, you have to hear the heartbeat of the Republicans you are voting against, you have to see pictures of the Republicans holding puppies or hugging their children, all poll watchers and poll workers must have received a certificate in air conditioner repair, and anyone who in any way assists you to vote Democrat including giving you time off from work to go vote, driving you to a polling place, or using too many words that start with "D" in the week leading up to Election Day, can be sued by anyone

I personally doubt the republicans are going to enact such progressive legislation but I hope you’re right

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

All Putin has to do is order his troops to just camp out on the border and do nothing else and he's crippled Ukraine's economy and made the US look like absolute loving clowns. Not sure it will have much electoral effect here in the US because most people don't care about foreign politics but any third country that thought the adults were back in charge because the Dems are in power has got to be extremely shaken

It's actually the United States that's crippling Ukraine's economy by hyping up the fake invasion scare, even though the Russians did the same kind of deployments last year and nothing happened. We're burning our own embassy in Kiev and destroying all the equipment psyching ourselves out so much.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol we really torched our own embassy?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol we really torched our own embassy?

"Burning" is a turn of phrase. They're shredding the documents, destroying all the computers, and pulling everybody out of the country.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Lol, gotta destroy any documents relating to our assistance of the 2014 coup

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

same

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://twitter.com/dallasjeff/status/1483449425796161544?s=21

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
President Biden is a helpless smol bean but President Trump would have ended democracy, got it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Remember all the promises they made if Georgia Democrats won the special election? lmao

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

We're now 3 years from when Trump served fast food to the Clemson University Tigers, in celebration of their victory in the N.C.A.A.'s football championship.

If you don't remember why Trump served fast food, it's because the government shutdown over his refusal to sign a spending bill without $5 billion for the border wall in it. Eventually he relented and signed a bipartisan bill that did not have the funding for the border wall in it. Then he turned around and declared a Federal state of emergency on February 15, 2019 which allowed him to divert money from the DoD to his wall and and he got what he wanted anyway.

On February 11, 2021 President Biden canceled the state of emergency, thereby canceling money to the wall and the funding for, among other things, the deployment of the National Guard to the border. Then quietly re-activated the Guard mission in July, 2021 with funding coming from the CARES Act under the auspices of controlling the spread of Covid.

What strikes me about this is how Trump wasn't afraid to let things grind to a halt to get what he wanted, and when that didn't work, he found a way to get his main campaign promise funded anyway, while Biden seems ready to throw up his hands at the slightest resistance and declare the presidency a powerless office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Emergency_Concerning_the_Southern_Border_of_the_United_States

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yah yah I'm sure the collapse of a capitalist super power can't possibly result in anything worse.
so are you rooting for collapse or not. jfc you people make up your mind

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

smug jeebus posted:

I'm still pulling for Marianne, but follow your hearts. It's what she would want.

Wait, you mean you support the US being annexed by France... right?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

smug jeebus posted:

I'm still pulling for Marianne, but follow your hearts. It's what she would want.

she was right there

everyone just had to believe

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

She was electable if you loving voted for her

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
id vote for marianne at this point. gently caress, sure, whatever, send out crystal healing gems to the populace i dont care

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Burning" is a turn of phrase. They're shredding the documents, destroying all the computers, and pulling everybody out of the country.

ah okay lol

still though it's pretty funny. looks like the embassy went from selling their own story to believing it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
be pro- or anti-collapse all you like. it doesn't matter because you can't do a single thing about it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PeterCat posted:

We're now 3 years from when Trump served fast food to the Clemson University Tigers, in celebration of their victory in the N.C.A.A.'s football championship.

If you don't remember why Trump served fast food, it's because the government shutdown over his refusal to sign a spending bill without $5 billion for the border wall in it. Eventually he relented and signed a bipartisan bill that did not have the funding for the border wall in it. Then he turned around and declared a Federal state of emergency on February 15, 2019 which allowed him to divert money from the DoD to his wall and and he got what he wanted anyway.

On February 11, 2021 President Biden canceled the state of emergency, thereby canceling money to the wall and the funding for, among other things, the deployment of the National Guard to the border. Then quietly re-activated the Guard mission in July, 2021 with funding coming from the CARES Act under the auspices of controlling the spread of Covid.

What strikes me about this is how Trump wasn't afraid to let things grind to a halt to get what he wanted, and when that didn't work, he found a way to get his main campaign promise funded anyway, while Biden seems ready to throw up his hands at the slightest resistance and declare the presidency a powerless office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Emergency_Concerning_the_Southern_Border_of_the_United_States

unrelated to your post I'm trying to lose weight and get a little bit healthier and that picture is like what I would imagine heaven to look like

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

unrelated to your post I'm trying to lose weight and get a little bit healthier and that picture is like what I would imagine heaven to look like

I'll eat those burders, I'll go to the cardiac unit with you, I don't give a gently caress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol was thinking the same thing. good luck

copy
Jul 26, 2007

president biden i demand hambledurgers you piece of poo poo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan