Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maker's End is the name of the quest where Faro is first introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Deep Secrets of the Earth is where Zero Dawn is fully revealed, and The Mountain that Fell is where the gently caress TED FARO really kicks in.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Love those quests, love those quest names, what a cool story for a game to tell

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Forbidden west ps4/ps5 links to the same page, which is 69 dollars. Did they decide to up the ps4 price to 69?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

UP AND ADAM posted:

Love those quests, love those quest names, what a cool story for a game to tell

Yeah, The Mountain That Fell is one of my favorite quest names ever, and the whole sequence is very good, of course.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

redreader posted:

Forbidden west ps4/ps5 links to the same page, which is 69 dollars. Did they decide to up the ps4 price to 69?

There should be a PS4 version (with digital upgrade to PS5) for 59 on the store page too.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I don't think you can access the PS4 version from the PS5 store app, which may be the difficulty.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just pre-ordered (PS4 standard edition) on the iOS app, if that helps anything.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I couldn't find it by searching, but someone linked it a few pages ago. Here it is, ps4 version: (I was on a web browser and still couldn't find the ps4 version)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA28561_00-FORBIDDENWESTPS4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Can't think of a sequel whose HUD UI looks as similar to the original as this game does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They very much try to push you towards the 79 dollar version even if you're on a PS4 but the cheaper one can be found.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

redreader posted:

I couldn't find it by searching, but someone linked it a few pages ago. Here it is, ps4 version: (I was on a web browser and still couldn't find the ps4 version)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA28561_00-FORBIDDENWESTPS4

If I pre-order the PS4 version will that prevent me from pre-loading the PS5 version? I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to be able to play the PS5 version without forking over the extra 10 bucks, my work schedule and download size permitting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hcreight posted:

If I pre-order the PS4 version will that prevent me from pre-loading the PS5 version? I'm trying to figure out the quickest way to be able to play the PS5 version without forking over the extra 10 bucks, my work schedule and download size permitting.

Yes, you will not be able to download the PS5 version until release

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
wow it looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtTLrfdchoo

some location spoilers here, they mostly keep it to the different wilderness biomes and things we've seen in the trailers, but around the 24 minute mark there's a brief shot of Aloy exploring the buried ruins of Las Vegas which i don't think was explicitly confirmed before

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Does anyone know of a "when is the Faro / backstory event revealed in-game" type timeline? A buddy dropped playing this about halfway through after release, and is picking it back up now. I want to catch them up with the backstory (since they forgot most of it) but don't want to spoiler things they will uncover as they finish.

I wonder if your buddy did the same thing I did when I first played it. Instead of going to Maker's End right when that quest was available I followed the Meridian quest line and side quests which were pretty basic RPG fare. I dropped it and didn't go back to it for months. When I picked it back up, I restarted, made a beeline for Meridian and then Maker's End. I was completely sucked in and ended up getting the platinum.

Erend should have told Aloy to meet him where his sister got ambushed AFTER she finished up at Maker's End. Or even better, Sylens could have contacted Aloy while she was at Meridian to really push you towards Maker's End narratively.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The decima engine is witchcraft.

Their PC games use DLSS too, which as far as I am concerned is like double witchcraft.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just purchased H:FW (PS4/digital) on the PS Store website, and I seem to be able to preload it to my PS5 thru the Recently Purchased website. It's at least showing up in the Downloads tab, and the minutes remaining are gradually decrementing. Will double check later tonight when I have physical access to my PS5

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

isk posted:

Just purchased H:FW (PS4/digital) on the PS Store website, and I seem to be able to preload it to my PS5 thru the Recently Purchased website. It's at least showing up in the Downloads tab, and the minutes remaining are gradually decrementing. Will double check later tonight when I have physical access to my PS5

I can download the PS4 version to my PS5, not seeing an option to dl the PS5 version.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Unreal_One posted:

I can download the PS4 version to my PS5, not seeing an option to dl the PS5 version.

I think that's because you have to grab the upgrade to the ps5 version

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

Ah, good point! I always forget it's a whole separate download

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Man what awful timing. I'm just getting into Horizon Zero Dawn on my PC, like maybe 20% into it? And its awesome. I'm not usually into open world games but HZD is fantastic. I just finished God of War on PC as well as mentioned previously in this thread, that was a game where I thought the ending could've been much more over the top
Between HFW and GoW2 coming out, seems like I'm now officially in the fight for a PS5. Ugh.

Aso n'thing - leave Aloy alone romantically. Can't someone want to just cruise around solving problems and checking out the sites?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/jeffgrubb/status/1493325199277625348?s=21

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Big Bidness posted:

I wonder if your buddy did the same thing I did when I first played it. Instead of going to Maker's End right when that quest was available I followed the Meridian quest line and side quests which were pretty basic RPG fare. I dropped it and didn't go back to it for months. When I picked it back up, I restarted, made a beeline for Meridian and then Maker's End. I was completely sucked in and ended up getting the platinum.

Erend should have told Aloy to meet him where his sister got ambushed AFTER she finished up at Maker's End. Or even better, Sylens could have contacted Aloy while she was at Meridian to really push you towards Maker's End narratively.

This describes my experience with the game to a T. I remember quitting on the approach to Maker's End because of some frustration with being killed repeatedly by something or other, and putting it down for a couple months. I finally went back to it, got to the top of the ruins, and then couldn't stop playing the game until I'd 100%ed everything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe we shouldn't have been telling everyone to beeline for Meridian for years, oops

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Vampire Panties posted:

Between HFW and GoW2 coming out, seems like I'm now officially in the fight for a PS5. Ugh.

hosed up to put all these games I want to play on a console I can't buy unless I want to fork over $800-900 on Ebay. It took years for HZD and GoW to come to PC, hopefully Sony's recent interest in the platform will expedite those ports to some degree but I'm guessing they're still counting on these games to be big console sellers. At least give me Returnal.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

I'm still seeing two listings on the PC store, but they're identical now other than one being $69.99. :lol:

Still, good on them recognizing how stupid this was. I can accept that they're gonna increase MSRP, but maybe keep it to the next gen exclusives.

Edit: I guess people are saying the $59.99 one still only gives you access to the PS4 pre-load. Hopefully that changes?

hcreight fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 14, 2022

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

hosed up to put all these games I want to play on a console I can't buy unless I want to fork over $800-900 on Ebay. It took years for HZD and GoW to come to PC, hopefully Sony's recent interest in the platform will expedite those ports to some degree but I'm guessing they're still counting on these games to be big console sellers. At least give me Returnal.

:hmmyes:

loving seriously. I checked out god of war because I lucked into buying an rtx 2080 super at the top of 2020 before the pandemic hit. Now it’s as you said 8-900 bux to get a subpar graphical experience because I wanna filet some Dino’s and I need to yell BOY

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I hate that I did it but I broke down and bought a scalped ps5 a month ago. Found one through newegg that was 750. Didn't want to go through the whole mess of finding one for MSRP.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

My life over the past couple years hasn't been great, but one of the rare victories has been securing a PS5 at retail cost (thanks to a local & magnanimous goon). And that shouldn't be a big deal. I really hope this poo poo gets sorted out soon

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
My life hasn't been great over the last few years either, and its a major bummer that the money I spent (in retrospect very foolishly) on an RTX 2080 super can't be stretched to more good games because of reasons by Sony.

Its a smart-yet-cutthroat move on Sonys part - now I'm trying to figure out if and how I could get a PS5, although gently caress scalpers on principle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The best way is to pre-enter all your CC information into Target/Best Buy/Gamestop/Walmart, camp out on a discord for a PS5 drop, then slambuy that poo poo as soon as something pops up until it goes through. That’s how I got mine in early 2021 and it took a couple weeks of stalking discord in the early morning. But at least it was only for 500bux and not scalped to hell.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:same:

Of course that requires you to be able to actually watch the discord and/or twitter account and task switch to reloading retailers at the drop of a hat at any random moment of the day

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The reviews seem a tad mixed on the story of HFW, which indicates to me that it won't hit the same heights of the Grand Reveal of HZD.

Oh well I guess I'll buy this game after I've burnt myself out on murdering hapless hosts in Elden Ring.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phobophilia posted:

The reviews seem a tad mixed on the story of HFW, which indicates to me that it won't hit the same heights of the Grand Reveal of HZD.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll like it, but it was always gonna be tough/impossible to beat that level of worldbuilding and reveal doing a story in an existing world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is honestly why it didn't bother me as much. You can't really do that level of reveal twice. They created the world and now they live in it as far as these things go.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How bad are the underwater sections going to trigger my thalassophobia? How murky the bay, how giant the monstrosities lurking therein?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Klungar posted:

How bad are the underwater sections going to trigger my thalassophobia? How murky the bay, how giant the monstrosities lurking therein?

The only water footage I’ve seen is pretty clear water since it’s like maybe 10 feet below the surface

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm more worried about my thatassophobia

Serious answer I saw some swimming through caves and I think there is swimming through underground bases/structures that will be dark and low vis

E; the entire SF bay appears to be there tho so might be the whole gamut of ocean poo poo.

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 15, 2022

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if there are any underwater machines. That'd be kinda cool. I guess they would have to come up with a way to fight them though. Unless it's a sneak mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder if there are any underwater machines. That'd be kinda cool. I guess they would have to come up with a way to fight them though. Unless it's a sneak mission.

There's one in the preview footage