Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pwnstar posted:

The Triple Triad thing seems weird to me, I was having fun playing it and thought getting that mount would be cool but I have to do a lot of very difficult Triple Triad things to get it.

Triple Triad lures you in by making you think it'll be a fun card game.

Then you realize several dozen hours into collecting the cards that you were tricked into playing a card game in an MMO, with all of the horror that entails! :shepicide:

Antivehicular posted:

On the subject of Triple Triad, is there any way to get cards out of your inventory besides going through the tutorial and, I guess, getting the card bank or whatever? I don't really want to do TT stuff, especially since I have enough distractions in this game as stands, but I got a few cards from Heaven-on-High and it'd be nice to get those inv slots back.

There's a trader at the Gold Saucer who gives you MGP for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Fat Moogle and Fatter Cat are both good, but the best fat mount is, of course, the Fat Chocobo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know why the Post Moogle quest stopped showing up for me? I'm at postal carrier level 11 and the moogle isn't showing up at Limsa after completing the last quest , is there another prerequisite I'm missing?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone know why the Post Moogle quest stopped showing up for me? I'm at postal carrier level 11 and the moogle isn't showing up at Limsa after completing the last quest , is there another prerequisite I'm missing?

Yes. Do the quest chain starting with Fungal Frolic from Marcette in Central Shroud.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saigyouji posted:

Yes. Do the quest chain starting with Fungal Frolic from Marcette in Central Shroud.

Thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got 3 lines for Khloe's Journal and right after got a 10K ticket in the mini cactpot, hell yeah.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

one of those is like exponentially rarer than the other

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you get a triple 10k then you can brag.

I got it twice.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Automatic housing demolition is resuming on March 9th. There's also a reminder that the timer is only reset if you've entered your house at least once during the time they had the system turned off. If you haven't done that, the timer instead resumes from where it was.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Got 3 lines for Khloe's Journal and right after got a 10K ticket in the mini cactpot, hell yeah.

Save your gold cert until the 6.2 patch and make 15m gil or more by dropping an ornate chest on the MB.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Save your gold cert until the 6.2 patch and make 15m gil or more by dropping an ornate chest on the MB.

You don't even need to drop an Ornate. Just advertise you have one on the PFer (obviously use the other section) and you can reserve a decent price from a static chasing world first if you're willing to log on asap. Probably better than having to fight on the MB to get it sold.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fiye posted:

You don't even need to drop an Ornate. Just advertise you have one on the PFer (obviously use the other section) and you can reserve a decent price from a static chasing world first if you're willing to log on asap. Probably better than having to fight on the MB to get it sold.

True!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just got to the final zone in EW and was immediately slain by dissonance when i realized there're aether currents :playdead:

(e) ok that seriously needs to work here, and if i can spend $20 on a mount i can spend $30 on a smiley

(e) 90x25 pixel limit? bugger that i'm not even gonna try

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 15, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

just got to the final zone in EW and was immediately slain by dissonance when i realized there're aether currents :playdead:

You shouldn't be. There are only Aether Currents after Estinien sacrifices himself. (Don't click this if you're still at Deka-okto.)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:doh: again i jump to conclusions re: plot

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

(e) ok that seriously needs to work here, and if i can spend $20 on a mount i can spend $30 on a smiley

(e) 90x25 pixel limit? bugger that i'm not even gonna try

drat is the play dead emote really $30?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i don't remember, i meant $30 to purchase a smilie here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Lol no it's normally $7 (it's like $4 or something right now)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I mean to be fair play dead is totally worth 30 bucks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What are some other good emotes to pick up during the sale?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What are some other good emotes to pick up during the sale?

I haven't checked if they're on sale at the moment, but the set of Cheer emotes and the Go Go Posing Rangers poses are definitely worth it. I also like Pantomime, Toast, and Backflip.

e: Pantomime is not on sale, which makes sense because it's pretty new. The Posing Rangers poses also are not, unfortunately.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'd consider the mounts more seriously if they weren't so expensive, I'll always choose four emotes over a single mount

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

honestly the emote image of playdead is worth much more than the actual act of using it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Play dead, the cheers, dote, a bunch of the dances, there's a lot of good emotes

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Playdead is the only thing I've bought on the mogstore, and while it's extremely good and useful, having unironically bought an mtx in a subscription mmo still kinda makes me want to delete my account.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The splash emote is one you gotta buy, right?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alxprit posted:

honestly the emote image of playdead is worth much more than the actual act of using it

I'm not so sure, given how powerful the option to use /playdead while swimming is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh yeah /snap is very good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember how I wanted to buy every Mogstation mount when I first started playing this game. What the hell was I thinking?

That said, I am tempted to grab that Paissa mount, even if it's undoubtedly going to be pricey. The Chocobo Carriage also seems like it'd be nice to carry a bunch of friends around with.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I get a lot of use out of /playdead, /dote, and the cheer set. Always /dote your faves.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I remember how I wanted to buy every Mogstation mount when I first started playing this game. What the hell was I thinking?

That said, I am tempted to grab that Paissa mount, even if it's undoubtedly going to be pricey. The Chocobo Carriage also seems like it'd be nice to carry a bunch of friends around with.

If the paissa mount can force everybody standing near it to /doze when you use the mount action, I'll have no choice but to get that too despite me already having too many cash shop mounts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mymla posted:

Playdead is the only thing I've bought on the mogstore, and while it's extremely good and useful, having unironically bought an mtx in a subscription mmo still kinda makes me want to delete my account.

doesn't it, though :smith:

being able to /playdead and maintain it while taking damage for the boring wait-y parts of encounters (stares pointedly at end of Praetorium) is always amusing

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 15, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
/toast is my favourite mog station emote. It would probably be playdead if the male lalafell one wasn't bad

Weedle
May 31, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

If you're not the type to mute your mount bgm, which would you prefer to hear while flying around with a buddy - Exponential Entropy or Good King Moggle Mog XII?

that's the problem: both of those songs are amazing

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Don't forget that /playdead can be used in the water too

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wish there was a easier/faster way to get to all your emotes on a controller, besides having to add it to your cross hot bar

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah there's the favorites list, and most recently used list. But still, I agree. I'd also have to get Into job switching macros if I bought snap

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

The ranger emotes did that to me; all my class switches are like little sentai transformations now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macaluso posted:

Oh yeah /snap is very good

Especially if you macro it to all your job changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like to use playdead to "pass out" around my FC estate when I am afk for a few minutes and don't want to bother logging out/logging back in.