Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
i was wrong, let’s go back to complaining about D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the west just making ukraine a giant USD piñata

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CaptainACAB posted:

Yes, and I have done so before. For Germany as well.

The Japanese regime was made entirely of the Japanese people.

The Nazi regime was made entirely of the German people.

The British regime was made entirely of the British people.

They actually physically carried out all the crimes. They profited from their commission and built their societies off the blood of others, and they all tried to launder their past like loving cowards with the assistance of America. In all three cases, capital in particular was allowed to enrich themselves off slavery, suffering and mass murder with not even a thought to reparation.

The Russian regime is made entirely of the Russian people.

The Iranian regime is made entirely of the Iranian people.

The Libyan regime is made entirely of the Libyan people.

The Syrian regime is made entirely of the Syrian people.

Anyway, you get the point.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Lostconfused posted:

So is this going to end up like Afghanistan?

I don't think you can grow opium in Ukraine.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

err posted:

Why are the top comments in a thread about a conflict where many innocent people will lose their lives jokes? What the gently caress is wrong with people?

as if feeling bad about it on the internet would change anything at all.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The only thing that has actually made me mad was the news Poland is readying to welcome Ukrainian refugees if there's war.

Yeah Ukrainians get welcomes while Libyans drown in the Med and Syrians trying to cross from Belarus are literally beaten back.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Russian regime is made entirely of the Russian people.

The Iranian regime is made entirely of the Iranian people.

The Libyan regime is made entirely of the Libyan people.

The Syrian regime is made entirely of the Syrian people.

Anyway, you get the point.

I got the point a long time ago yes, you on the other hand are so blinded by your insane Yamato-damashii that you seem to think that Hirohito personally murdered 20 million Chinese, and every other Japanese person is a perfect angel.

I don't know what exactly you want to accomplish with this, if you weren't actually mentally deficient you'd realize that these fascists hate you almost as much as they hate Chinese and Koreans.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CaptainACAB posted:

I got the point a long time ago yes, you on the other hand are so blinded by your insane Yamato-damashii that you seem to think that Hirohito personally murdered 20 million Chinese, and every other Japanese person is a perfect angel.

I don't know what exactly you want to accomplish with this, if you weren't actually mentally deficient you'd realize that these fascists hate you almost as much as they hate Chinese and Koreans.

Ok dude, enough pussyfooting. Time to wrap it up. What's your opinion on the atomic bombings?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CaptainACAB posted:

Cool more victim blaming.

its more of victim bombing

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ok dude, enough pussyfooting. Time to wrap it up. What's your opinion on the atomic bombings?

Not a war crime. The real crime would have been not using every single weapon and strategy to destroy the Imperial Japanese regime which was daily slaughtering a continent of people in an industrial scale.

I'm sure you know every detail of the crimes your side carried out, but if anyone else isn't aware I can go into detail.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the simperor

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

What's the build-up dude? I want to see the end of this meltdown and I have to sleep. Are you gonna claim Hiroshima was warranted or something? Hit fast forward on this poo poo.

CaptainACAB posted:

Not a war crime. The real crime would have been not using every single weapon and strategy to destroy the Imperial Japanese regime which was daily slaughtering a continent of people in an industrial scale.

I'm sure you know every detail of the crimes your side carried out, but if anyone else isn't aware I can go into detail.

Thanks OP. I'm gonna hit the sack.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Thanks OP. I'm gonna hit the sack.

I'm sure you will sleep tight and dream about winning the hundred head chopping contest yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Anyway, Ukraine honestly has perhaps been the hardest hit of the former Republics to next to Moldova and Tajikistan.

A lot of it is was highly integrated with the rest of the Soviet Republics and once the collapse happened, it affected them more than most since Russia specifically duplicated most of what were producing while the EU had little use for most of their goods.

The war in 2014 was also a clear setback, but more than simply the damage of the war itself there was a massive loss in trade with the Russian dominated Eurasian Union. In addition, privatization has been vicious which has seriously limited the ability of the government to affect change. Most young people are leaving the country as well. There was a pretty vicious price to pay for Euromadian.

Geopolitics aside, there isn’t a lot going right in Ukraine at the moment…maybe some new bike lanes in Kiev?

——-

Hiroshima was primarily aimed at a civilian population, it wasn’t justified.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:09 on Feb 15, 2022

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

OhFunny posted:

The only thing that has actually made me mad was the news Poland is readying to welcome Ukrainian refugees if there's war.

Yeah Ukrainians get welcomes while Libyans drown in the Med and Syrians trying to cross from Belarus are literally beaten back.
Poland having owned parts of western Ukraine still barely in living memory has a lot to do with it, I believe.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

i was wrong, let’s go back to complaining about D&D

Domodedovo & Donetsk

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

CaptainACAB posted:

I'm sure you will sleep tight and dream about winning the hundred head chopping contest yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mods, free him

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

err posted:

Mods, free him
He's no cuppy tea

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

CaptainACAB posted:

Douglas MacArthur being an insane fascist doesn't make the entire LDP any less fascist though.

Every single one of the people mentioned there was a war criminal who should have been publicly executed and all their wealth expropriated as reparations for their victims.

Ishibashi was a liberal newspaper editor who argued in the 30s for home rule in Korea and Taiwan and that the military should stay out of mainland China

icantfindaname has issued a correction as of 07:16 on Feb 15, 2022

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
if i ever go apeshit, i hope i get a timeout as well.

sometimes you just get worked up and can't help yourself.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Manic racist rereg freaks ftw

For a little while anyway

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Geopolitics aside, there isn’t a lot going right in Ukraine at the moment…maybe some new bike lanes in Kiev?

You got some shiny new western looking storefronts that look entirely out of place next to everything else.

While across the street you have

Buildings in the city center look a lot nicer, like they've got a fresh coat of paint. Also new churches, and old ones got a facelift.

But the housing is still soviet era poo poo, families living in the same apartment for generations. Roads all hosed up.

And that's the big cities, the small ones barely look any different. Now than they probably did back in the days of USSR.

All of that was just an example though, this isn't Kiev.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

from the outside, those apartments look nice enough

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Those pictures look straight up nicer than lots of American cities and this isn't even meant to be an edgy post.

I'm legit laughing at that example of hosed up roads.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

that was concerning

when qcs gets a hold of this, let it be known that I am at least a little worried that poster is gonna go shoot up a supermarket

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

cant believe it is illegal to criticize the chrysanthemum throne in cspam

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i remember Frankie Boyle once did a two part documentary on Russia for the World Cup and he went to all sorts of places and the biggest takeaway he had was that infrastructurally speaking Russia was a lot better off than he was imagining it was going to be he compared it to parts of Glasgow

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Paradoxish posted:

Those pictures look straight up nicer than lots of American cities and this isn't even meant to be an edgy post.

look at all that goddamn open space and wide sidewalks

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
From what I have seen things in Russia are probably “farther” along. Moscow especially is pretty gentrified and honestly Samara (and other second tier cities) aren’t that far behind. It is honestly difficult to say since we are still talking mostly about Soviet built cities, but I feel Ukraine is lagging. I mean I saw some videos more recently of Ukraine (Kharkov) and was still rather shocked that parts of it is still looked like the 1990s. I am sure the center looked better but there is a contrast to Russia (for the most part).

That said, the Soviets did a pretty decent job all things considered and the infrastructure/apartments/open spaces etc are all still there and I am sure Ukraine has plenty of craft beer and etc.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:43 on Feb 15, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

That's because I didn't really try to take photos of them. It just stuck in my mind because it was completely torn up and getting repaved, but cars were still driving on it since there was like only lane. And looking back through my pictures, yeah most of the roads do look fine.

I do have some side walks for you though.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

i remember Frankie Boyle once did a two part documentary on Russia for the World Cup and he went to all sorts of places and the biggest takeaway he had was that infrastructurally speaking Russia was a lot better off than he was imagining it was going to be he compared it to parts of Glasgow
When I went to Munich I was surprised at how much it looked like Eastern Europe to me, lol.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Lostconfused posted:

That's because I didn't really try to take photos of them. It just stuck in my mind because it was completely torn up and getting repaved, but cars were still driving on it since there was like only lane. And looking back through my pictures, yeah most of the roads do look fine.

I do have some side walks for you though.

having sidewalks at all is an improvement on american infrastructure

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yo what the hell was that regarding japan that someone posted?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Tankbuster posted:

A retarded poster.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tankbuster posted:

That seemed like some kind of mental break. I hope CaptainACAB is alright.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Chamale posted:

That seemed like some kind of mental break. I hope CaptainACAB is alright.

his crunchy roll account lapsed

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wow looks like a real wolf warrior

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

it’s gonna take more than a nice car to gently caress China