Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Not to continue piling on, but generally the fundamental way of making money with crypto and moreso NFTs is that you buy low and sell high to someone else, in other words someone else has to get ripped off in order for you to make money.

Or you’ve gotten in early and need to sell out later.

Where have we heard that one before, class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

Or you’ve gotten in early and need to sell out later.

Where have we heard that one before, class?

Yeah, the oft cited example is 99% of bitcoin is held by less then 10% of user addresses.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

One of the problems of the perception of regulation is that when it does its job, no one knows about it. When it fails, everyone knows about it, so people come to view regulation as not working. We definitely have a weak government in terms of regulation though. The SEC has very little power, and any fines they bring pale in comparison to what a lot of big companies take in.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of appetite in Congress to strengthen regulation on the markets.

The SEC has more power than the SEC.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Yesterday I got high and watched The Big Lebowski and it was a great idea for a weekend activity. HOWEVER, I want to buy an 18-pack of Reese Take 5 bars (an idea that was formed yesterday) but my wife is forbidding it.

I can't believe this treachery.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hot Diggity! posted:

Like half of the Canadian trucker protest funding is coming from the US

Who cares they should still have the right to protest as long as it's peaceful. Unfortunately there appear to be a lot of hate crimes, more than twice as many reported hate crimes in the last two weeks than committed in all of 2019

It's fun how the people who tried to pass laws to make it legal to run down BLM protesters who block the road now love the convoy though

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

Who cares they should still have the right to protest as long as it's peaceful. Unfortunately there appear to be a lot of hate crimes, more than twice as many reported hate crimes in the last two weeks than committed in all of 2019

I'm not saying anything about their right to do so, just another observation about what's going on.

Relatedly this whole thread is hilarious but there are a few choice items:

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1493364634556018694

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1493366898754527232

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1493372293950713858

E: Just got your edit:

Intruder posted:

It's fun how the people who tried to pass laws to make it legal to run down BLM protesters who block the road now love the convoy though

:capitalism:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm listening to it and it's a mess

https://twitter.com/herosnvrdie69/status/1493385877560692737

e: apparently it might not be the real one?

https://twitter.com/egrusze/status/1493384057585025026

e2: yeah the second one seems more realistic, they're actually talking about stuff instead of singing O Canada completely out of sync with each other

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 15, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/demianbulwa/status/1493361763286282243

wow, cool rear end country

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Normally I would say that would run afoul of 4th amendment, but with the current SCOTUS lol at that...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

In addition to this, counter-protesters have blocked off the truckers from being able to move people / trucks around, and the police have.... broken up and arrested the counter protesters.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

Normally I would say that would run afoul of 4th amendment, but with the current SCOTUS lol at that...

I’d imagine there’s an argument that it’s not an illegal search if you voluntarily give the police your DNA. I’m sure there’s 5 judges who would agree to that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh man the newest episode of Righteous Gemstones is great

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Y’all ever have one of those mildly terrifying inexplicable little life mysteries

Like me ten minutes ago cleaning up the kitchen and grabbing off of the counter my large flat Tupperware with a red lid that I use for cookies and brownies and such, of which I know only possess one of, only to see my actual large flat Tupperware with a red lid that I use for cookies and brownies and such sitting in its normal spot

Who is this person breaking into my home and leaving Tupperware and what do they want?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who? Unknown.

Why? They want you to enjoy more home baked sweet treats :)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well they shoulda left some in it :mad:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://youtu.be/i0hBNOs5K3E

Alright sure, why not.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Deleted

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 15, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't like Walsh but that's pretty obviously shopped

e: or rather, an inspect element edit

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 15, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

I don't like Walsh but that's pretty obviously shopped

Honestly I couldn’t tell from the image but I did scroll through the demented hell scape of his twitter feed and it isn’t there. Wouldn’t surprise me if it were legit though, and that’s terrifying. Dude is unhinged.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dude is piece of garbage but he's not going to tweet about wanting to gently caress kids

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

It's not even the current SCOTUS, none of them have ever really cared about protecting the 4th amendment.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1493467746880966657?t=Gll1NBgAkg7uwoQRarqylg&s=19

Man all the funny poo poo that happened in the Trump administration that won't see the light of the public eye...

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1493467746880966657?t=Gll1NBgAkg7uwoQRarqylg&s=19

Man all the funny poo poo that happened in the Trump administration that won't see the light of the public eye...

lol christ, I'm mad for that agent

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

If they turn around and actually disallow this then they should go the next step and not allow using 23 and Me and all the other DNA family history things either

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spoeank posted:

It's not even the current SCOTUS, none of them have ever really cared about protecting the 4th amendment.

Weirdly enough, Scalia would have probably dissented and said it was a 4th Amendment violation.

With the current makeup of the Court, though, Alito or Thomas would write a wide-reaching opinion stopping just short of ordering a national DNA database. (Roberts is too cowardly, Kavanaugh doesn't have the brains to do it, Gorsuch is a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal and Barrett is whackadoodle, just in different ways.)

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Happy belated Valentine's day

https://twitter.com/VaultAusir/status/1493407747022458883

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Had a phone interview yesterday that seemed to go OK (hate interviewing with HR for engineering positions), but that was the little push that has me pretty much completely shut down at work now. Probably not a great mindset, but with extra time worked July to present, I could not work for the next month straight and still end up in the red compared to the "expected" 2,080 hours a year.

Samadhi posted:

Yesterday I got high and watched The Big Lebowski and it was a great idea for a weekend activity. HOWEVER, I want to buy an 18-pack of Reese Take 5 bars (an idea that was formed yesterday) but my wife is forbidding it.

:hmmyes:

idk about the Take 5, but Lebowski is very good if you can divorce the movie from the people who make it their entire personality.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hmmyes:

idk about the Take 5, but Lebowski is very good if you can divorce the movie from the people who make it their entire personality.

That is true of most media/art, though. The extreme fanatics can detract from the work itself given enough exposure.

Take 5 are S-tier candy bars though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Samadhi posted:

You're not allowed to have that many. It's right there in the name.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Guze posted:

incredible work in leading poll questions and they Canadians still said "Yeah, crack skulls"

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1492525302370684928?s=20&t=zDryejn6U7jAU0hmPHz6cQ

Something I've been wondering is WHY can you not just ticket every single truck and car that is somewhere it's not supposed to be? I feel like someone starting to rack up thousands and thousands of dollars in tickets is going to think a LOT harder about going home. Like why do they even need extra powers when the police haven't even used the powers they have?

Anyways, only two more days at work then I got five days on the slopes! gently caress yeah

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

Anyways, only two more days at work then I got five days on the slopes! gently caress yeah

Hell yea where you going? I’m jealous

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Horizon Forbidden West comes out in 2 days, then Gran Turismo 7 comes out on my birthday in a couple of weeks. Feel like I need to pick one of these games. Or heck, I'm an adult, I could get both.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Timby posted:

Weirdly enough, Scalia would have probably dissented and said it was a 4th Amendment violation.

With the current makeup of the Court, though, Alito or Thomas would write a wide-reaching opinion stopping just short of ordering a national DNA database. (Roberts is too cowardly, Kavanaugh doesn't have the brains to do it, Gorsuch is a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal and Barrett is whackadoodle, just in different ways.)

Ehhh Scalia is the poster child for textualism and the text of the 4A coupled with the downwind effect of Smith vs Maryland being that if you give anyone any information you can't expect a right to privacy for it leads me to believe Alito would uphold the police decision.

He voted with the majority in Florida vs Riley that said police could just hover a helicopter over your yard to see what was in your greenhouse if it was too difficult to see it from the road. This feels equally overreachy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Big Jesus posted:

Hell yea where you going? I’m jealous

Pretty much the most unimpressive place imaginable, a very small resort called Snow Valley (crazy original, huh?) in Big Bear. It's only like 40 minutes from San Bernardino in socal, for me I come from the opposite direction.

The advantages of the place is that they have good jumps and rails for being such a small place, I have a cabin in big bear I can use whenever I want for free, and the season passes are only 300 bucks each instead of like, 600-2,000. I have a very elderly dog so I can't just go to any resort and stay in a hotel, I need a place to stay that can host my boy.

I'm kind of excited because more of the resort is open than I've ever seen before, so there's a bunch of new black diamonds I've never ridden before that will be open, plus they've got 40+ 'features' open in the park, really interested to see all the new stuff.

seiferguy posted:

Horizon Forbidden West comes out in 2 days, then Gran Turismo 7 comes out on my birthday in a couple of weeks. Feel like I need to pick one of these games. Or heck, I'm an adult, I could get both.

I usually go with both, I'm playing a ridiculous amount of games right now.

Won't be playing either of those unfortunately thought because I don't have a Playstation

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have so many loving games I need to finish but Guilty Gear Strive has eaten up most of that time because I want to finally git gud at a fighting game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Too many video games are too long.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Too many video games are too long.

Anything released by Ubisoft.

I got like 25-30 hours into rear end Creed Valhalla and have maybe 1/3rd of the skill tree filled out and way less of the main story done. It's loving absurd.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Those games are for kids. Those of us raised on Fallout and Final Fantasy can't exactly gripe that video games are too long. This stuff is made for middle schoolers, and their adult emotional equivalent, to totally lose themselves in.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 15, 2022

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol I was chatting with a woman on a team based in Mexico that we work with a lot and she’s pissed because all of the youngins keep quitting to go pursue their dreams of becoming…Instagram influencers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm playing Max Payne 2 and it seems about the right length.