Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

fishing with the fam posted:

Thanks for the info! I always feel better having a jumping off point for shows I'm a late comer to.

And if you start with today's (12/20/2021), they are doing a Wacky Wednesday with Kerry Cassidy because Jordan is going to France and Dan needs a minute. It's fun, light, and super wacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I listened to maybe one full episode of knowledge fight, and while the hosts were fine, I realized I really don’t want to hear that much about Alex Jones

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Snowy posted:

I listened to maybe one full episode of knowledge fight, and while the hosts were fine, I realized I really don’t want to hear that much about Alex Jones

This is fair, I'd urge you to go listen to the Project Camelot series I linked though. There's no Alex Jones in there and every episode is gold.

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016

Grand Fromage posted:

This is fair, I'd urge you to go listen to the Project Camelot series I linked though. There's no Alex Jones in there and every episode is gold.

I just started listening to these and I can concur. "He was off-planet when the murder happened" must be strongest alibi I have ever heard someone claim to have.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hraathgar posted:

I just started listening to these and I can concur. "He was off-planet when the murder happened" must be strongest alibi I have ever heard someone claim to have.

if you want the exact cracked up details about the actual murder, again, Dollop,. Episode 9

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Currently ripped in my room and literally out of nowhere I hear Robert’s voice coming from like, the ether. I forget my sister listens to the show and is now spoiling the not bastard episode rn through the shower.

Merry Crimbus, attack and dethrone Santa, and a new year is in our hearts

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
On WYE this week, Cody basically confirmed my theory that he records it back-to-back with his YouTube show, which explains at least some of that trademark Johnston Exhausted Exasperation.

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
Is there a knowledge fight thread? In any case, their latest Alex Jones deposition episode is a hoot. It is very gratifying listening Alex constantly self-own himself.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yes there is and I adore it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990450&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've been waiting for the Melvil Dewey episode ever since I found out he was a monster

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
wow I was way unprepared for how lovely melville mielvielle mylvyl maelvialle Melvil Dewey was

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

As a librarian, gently caress yes! Well known in library circles.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

teen witch posted:

wow I was way unprepared for how lovely melville mielvielle mylvyl maelvialle Melvil Dewey was

Same. I had heard he was bad, but I had never done any research into it

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/alphabetical-order/transcript/ Becuase this was the subject of 99pi recently... Yeah, Dewey was.. bad.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Free Kobe

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

nashona posted:

As a librarian, gently caress yes! Well known in library circles.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FOUR Part series on Tsar Nicholas II let's loving gooooooo

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 15, 2022

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hopefully they touch on how he almost got sliced by a japanese policeman, a great what if historical moment

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I was into the story of Anastasia as a kid so this’ll be fun!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

teen witch posted:

I was into the story of Anastasia as a kid so this’ll be fun!

look we all know rasputin made a pact with the chaos gods and cursed them all and caused the revolution through evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNVrzNFEYs

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

look we all know rasputin made a pact with the chaos gods and cursed them all and caused the revolution through evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNVrzNFEYs

And that chaos gods name? Carl Marks.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Ooh, this'll be fun.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
OK I want to listen to this but am hoping the fake Russian accents go away soon

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

JaneError posted:

OK I want to listen to this but am hoping the fake Russian accents go away soon

I don't think it's humanly possible for podcasters (or most people for that matter) to tell stories about Russia without putting on a goofy Russian accent.

Russian, German, French and British. Those are the only accents people are allowed to make fun of and by God, you will not take that away from them.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 15, 2022

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Maybe but hoo boy it seems to be the one well this guy draws from

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't think it's humanly possible for podcasters (or most people for that matter) to tell stories about Russia without putting on a goofy Russian accent.

Russian, German, French and British. Those are the only accents people are allowed to make fun of and by God, you will not take that away from them.

I think you forgot one :discourse:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I think you forgot one :discourse:

Italian and Irish are ones that teeter on the edge due to the history of past persecution but now are fully integrated in the in-group.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

AceOfFlames posted:

What about italians?

https://youtu.be/UyFwViOiAqY

loving eye ties!

As someone from Italian ancestry, please feel welcome to ridicule us.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I just listened to the two-parter with Prop from the end of last month and, god drat, I absolutely love him as a guest and forget just how much I do until he's back.

The episodes are prompting a relisten to last years Joe Arpaio two-parter 'cause, man, the US penal system and the people involved in it are just the biggest bastards

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Vinnie Jones playing himself as usual

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bored As gently caress posted:

What about italians?

https://youtu.be/UyFwViOiAqY

loving eye ties!

As someone from Italian ancestry, please feel welcome to ridicule us.

Robert regularly shits on Italians.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Hopefully they touch on how he almost got sliced by a japanese policeman, a great what if historical moment

They do!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Robert regularly shits on Italians.

Oh I'm aware lol

So does Joe Kassabian of Lions Led By Donkeys.

I think it's hilarious.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Did anyone else get the audio cut out for about 10 seconds around 14:55?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Between the reference to Buster Bluth’s immaturity and “Her?”, reframing the Romanovs as very grimmer Arrested Development-y is starting to track. Not Roy family grim but definitely an edge.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The imagery of Alexander III wearing KISS platform boots to store a booze flask is wonderful

Robert straight up refusing to pronounce "Kshesinskaya" made me chuckle

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Also John Hercules is Jim Hercules! Apparently there was a small play called “Hercules in Russia” and wow, I’m kinda fascinated by this dude.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1494118918755024900

itshappening.gif

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Should go into vault until the phylactery breaks and the bastard goes home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

teen witch posted:

Also John Hercules is Jim Hercules! Apparently there was a small play called “Hercules in Russia” and wow, I’m kinda fascinated by this dude.

oh poo poo zouve outfits. i love those.