Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game was the best?
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Ace Combat 2
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
SHOOT VISARI
View Results

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i keep trying to fix the thread title but crow keeps mucking it up wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

This mission owns. Not even gonna shitpost. Until the DLC it was my fave.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Crow still flew The Wrong loving Plane though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

phone posting atm. wont have buttons untill i get home. have been marking posts though. i woll execute the kill order when i am on my desktop

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also I love how the counterweight brace flinches a tiny bit when the cannon fires. That's a great attention to detail.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Also after watching the vid and seeing it not mentioned, would like to mention- these 'ruins' are why Full Band got himself killed.

Its subtle, but I like how the game establishes that Osea has put a fair bit of time into reactivating Stonehenge.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

can gifs be probation images

a wave of Stonehenge probations would be confusing to those unaware and might possibly prompt a QCS thread from some idiot, which is the ultimate endgoal any gimmick on this site should aspire to

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Psycho Landlord posted:

:haibrower:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Just look at my probe when I dared to mock the gods mods

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
In retrospect, I kinda of didn't like this mission.

Not that it wasn't a rad setpiece but the mission itself was pretty boring; you are over halfway through the game and your objectives are to smite from the heavens one or two clumps of ground units a side, two clumps of bombers, and either another clump of ground units or a bunch of air units and then the bird.

it's extremely low intensity. actually, until you get to hitting the propellers I think the only thing that can realistically attack you is the drones

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Gamerofthegame posted:

In retrospect, I kinda of didn't like this mission.

Not that it wasn't a rad setpiece but the mission itself was pretty boring; you are over halfway through the game and your objectives are to smite from the heavens one or two clumps of ground units a side, two clumps of bombers, and either another clump of ground units or a bunch of air units and then the bird.

it's extremely low intensity. actually, until you get to hitting the propellers I think the only thing that can realistically attack you is the drones

If you aren't equipped with the right kind of sub-weapon, this mission turns harrowing really quickly. You basically need a healthy supply of at least bombs or even if you're busy literally all of the time you're going to come down to the wire. Crow doesn't really do the scramble justice with his bombs that can lock on to a target from 5 kilometers away.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HIT, DAMMIT!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Materant posted:

If you aren't equipped with the right kind of sub-weapon, this mission turns harrowing really quickly. You basically need a healthy supply of at least bombs or even if you're busy literally all of the time you're going to come down to the wire. Crow doesn't really do the scramble justice with his bombs that can lock on to a target from 5 kilometers away.

I dunno, the times he had to intercept the bomber streams looked pretty intense. And still let one of the heavies get their bombs off.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

You know what must be done, for crow will not

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:zpatriot:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Paingod556 posted:

I dunno, the times he had to intercept the bomber streams looked pretty intense. And still let one of the heavies get their bombs off.

if he'd been flying the Mig 21 and used guns (well, if he'd just used guns knowing they're stronger than two missiles) he would have got them.
But we know Crow is too much of a coward to fly a real plane or probe people for more than 6 hours.

What really sucks is even with improved standard warheads anything that takes 3 missiles to kill still takes 3 missiles to kill. You never reach the breakpoint to save a missile. And our missile wizardry doesn't let us stick more than 2 at a time on our plane.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 15, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

And our missile wizardry doesn't let us stick more than 2 at a time on our plane.

Something I really appreciated PW let you do. Sure it cost you an SPW slot but being able to ripple fire four STDM's in quick succession was really nice at times.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

One thing I wanted to mention since you almost ran out of missiles here is that the game actually gives you infinite standard missiles (at least on normal difficulty, not sure about higher ones). They just take something like five times as long to reload once you run out. I just thought that was a really nice touch.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ace 100% does, I've had to lean on those in the DLC missions, and doing Long Day in an A-10 (the Hog is surprisingly light on missiles)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993578

this could have been about us but you playin :pensivecowboy:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993578

this could have been about us but you playin :pensivecowboy:

https://i.imgur.com/PVa60tN.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://i.imgur.com/JYJcAGz.mp4

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:yeshaha:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make sure to unmute.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Make sure to unmute.

:discourse:

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

Materant posted:

Yep, just did this last night with no really good subweapon for ground. It was quite harrowing.

Went back afterwards with a DLC plane and the FAEB for a much more relaxing experience and money farm. Now I'm trying to hit the Arsenal Bird with it.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

:cheers:

Also where's my J-35j Draken?

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

Cooked Auto posted:

Something I really appreciated PW let you do. Sure it cost you an SPW slot but being able to ripple fire four STDM's in quick succession was really nice at times.

There is sort of an exception to this that lets you do a close equivalent in AC7. The XFA-27. They gave it MSTMs as one of the SPW slot options to replicate it's ability to fire four STDMs in other titles. Obviously this exception requires DLC (Original Aircraft bundle or the individual plane itself), and it would have been rather nice to see the MSTMs added to other aircraft alongside the DLC release, but it does scratch that itch. I don't think the MSTMs get the part boosts from the STDMs tho, so you would burn the SPW and parts to boost them...

Close doesn't quite count, I suppose?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Close but no cigar I feel.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Lmfao I didn't even read the thread to see what was being whined about

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

Also after watching the vid and seeing it not mentioned, would like to mention- these 'ruins' are why Full Band got himself killed.

Its subtle, but I like how the game establishes that Osea has put a fair bit of time into reactivating Stonehenge.

Yeah, I forget where it's talked about, or even if it's outright said, but what happened with Full Band was that he found out sometime after Cyclops landed at the 444 base, that they were being sent to scout Stongehenge prior to Osea moving in to take it. Because the entire plan relied on them being able to get the weapon operational and fired before the enemy could get a major offensive off against it, leaking the information that Osea was planning to take it was a risk Bandog could absolutely not allow.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

https://youtu.be/XCoKHq6WaQs&t=6m5s

First Contact, before you relieve the LRSSG

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

SALVATION! PICTURE IT!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Stonehenge! Where a man is a man, and the angels dance to the pipes of Pan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/904091355012280411/943548099744370738/I_woll_be_back.mp4

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I guess “no probations” technically counts as part of “variable length” :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its just Sally.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

:(

I appreciate the probe Sally gave me, at least.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lmao :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i follow through on my AC7 probes like i update my LPs