Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I was denied my rightful sorceror frag
:negative:

Artillerist is real fun in pvp, yall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Status report: I do not know where korean fanartists put their stuff and google has given me nothing. I am disappointed.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Chaos Dungeons are real fun as bard with Prelude of Death maxed out so enemies explode on death. Also, I went to an island and fought giant chickens? What a weird, bizarre game...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wow, that's incredibly rude, game. There's a food item for the adventurer's log in the Mokoko Village that requires you to pretty much IMMEDIATELY open your inventory after buying it to register. This would be a funny joke if it didn't cost 100k silver... In general the food items in this tiny village have big dang prices, and I already spent probably way too much silver gambling on that stupid donut maiden. I hope there's nothing like, actually useful in this game that requires silver because I sure just burned all of mine here.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I finished the mirror world dungeon and dang that was way cooler than anything I saw in Diablo 3 or PoE. Game rocks, but having a 8k+ queue at 1 in the afternoon is a bit ridiculous, hope EU gets some relief soon.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The power pass basically just has you play all the cool set pieces. Probably just how they should have structured the main campaign if I’m being honest.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

:toot:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

VanillaGorilla posted:

The power pass basically just has you play all the cool set pieces. Probably just how they should have structured the main campaign if I’m being honest.

well, a few of the cool set pieces plus Armen Walking Sim 2k22 but you can’t win em all

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm just sending my boat out for random missions collecting the red yellow and green badge things, is this okay? I have no idea what these are used for yet but I figured it can't hurt. Also I think I need to read up on engravings now that I'm approaching 50, any decent video guides out there I can watch that might explain it all a bit better?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

VanillaGorilla posted:

I feel like good voice direction could have carried the main story, but seemingly nobody at AGS wanted to go thru the effort and instead hired a bunch of anime VAs to phone it in.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I realise this is dreadfully nerdy but putting the voice acting on Korean makes the whole thing less cringe

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I realise this is dreadfully nerdy but putting the voice acting on Korean makes the whole thing less cringe

I did the same thing. If I'm gonna be getting bits of VA from unskippable cutscenes or while riding around, might as well be good VA.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

yeah I'm not usually one to do it but the Korean VO is great. Makes it easy to pretend it's like some simlish or something instead of just awful english VO.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Going from 302 to like 460 ilvl in a day felt great, but then the push to 600 is a huge slog. You basically need to look up all the islands that give tier 1 upgrade materials and do them and still do multiple days worth of chaos/guardian stuff and more on alts too. I know this is a relic of the original release when there wasn’t more content to do so they wanted to slow it down but with our situation it just feels over the top compared to everything before it.

Even stuff like the Mari’s Shop barely make a dent if you’re trying to buy your way to tier 2. 50 weapon shards for 20 blue crystals when one chance at a weapon upgrade costs 850-1000 shards is pretty insignificant. Plus the 40-60% failure rate means every time the RNG doesn’t go your way, you have to wait another day for your next shot at it.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 15, 2022

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

JollyBoyJohn posted:

100%. The English VA even has lovely sound mixing and it's very noticeable, they really phoned in completely with it, which is surprising considering they did a full voice acting trailer, just to give us... This.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Haha yeah I wouldn't normally care about bad voice acting nor do I care much for Korean media or anything but I switched my dialogue to Korean for starcraft 2 and it always sounded badass

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I know were tired of the p2w discussion but after everyone making fun of it so far, where's the actual "I have a Visa card, here's hows to max out in 1 day" video. I would love to see a content creator actually do this.

edit: I agree the Korean voices improved so much! Some npc voices that repeatedly occur were so annoying.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Really? I found it worse.
German was pretty good though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mega Comrade posted:

Really? I found it worse.
German was pretty good though.

Einz zwei polizi

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

made it to level 50 (yay!) but just got to robot island so quite a ways to go (boo!)

steampunk zone is p cool though and really makes me miss scouter — hopefully they catch us up soon.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ghostinmyshell posted:

I know were tired of the p2w discussion but after everyone making fun of it so far, where's the actual "I have a Visa card, here's hows to max out in 1 day" video. I would love to see a content creator actually do this.

edit: I agree the Korean voices improved so much! Some npc voices that repeatedly occur were so annoying.

Sodapoppin is probably the closest to someone spending a stupid amount of money on the game. It’s unclear how much he’s trolling or actually dropping a stupid amount of money but he is over 1k gear score.

He does have a 50k+ gold in some streams and 1k in others so he’s probably spending a ludicrous amount of money and then clearing the AH of resource materials.

This is not a cheap proposition though. This is not I spent $1k and got the best gear. This is I spend $50k to get 2 weeks ahead.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The only thing I want is to collect all the skins for the classes I play. I don’t think I’d want to buy gear score.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish SmileGate would just drop the failure rate mechanic on honing gear. That entire thing is demotivating and unfair.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Given Korean MMO standards, you should be happy that gear doesn't have a chance to be destroyed on failure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ghostinmyshell posted:

Too shameful to post that you burned through 6k dollars and tanked the diamond to gold market to get 2 days ahead of people in the gearing phase to T3

T2 gear is so common right now you could probably jump straight into t2 item level with the gold you get from playing the game till you get the power passes

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Decrease honing failure aura only ₩50000

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wow, that's incredibly rude, game. There's a food item for the adventurer's log in the Mokoko Village that requires you to pretty much IMMEDIATELY open your inventory after buying it to register. This would be a funny joke if it didn't cost 100k silver... In general the food items in this tiny village have big dang prices, and I already spent probably way too much silver gambling on that stupid donut maiden. I hope there's nothing like, actually useful in this game that requires silver because I sure just burned all of mine here.

silver is used for rerolling skill gems in T2 and T3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-9qa_qTckY&t=205s
https://youtu.be/I-9qa_qTckY?t=205

it can cost millions to get the skill gem you want

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man Amazon just loving sucks

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
I want to try this out since I loves me some ARPGs. Couple quick (hopefully) questions-

Can you update your appearance after character creation?

Is there a class that doesn't have skill cooldowns? I just want to press buttons and watch things explode, not press buttons and watch cooldown numbers tick down.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You can but it costs some money or a currency I don't know how to get to do. All classes have skill cooldowns as far as I can tell. This ain't a typical ARPG so if you're coming into it looking for a new POE/Diablo you'll probably be disappointed.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Depending on class/build you can often just press buttons in a rotation and have very little downtime between cooldowns. My scrapper basically never needs to use her normal attack.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

jokes posted:

Man Amazon just loving sucks

i mean, i agree 100% but it's not like the KR or RU versions are less grindy

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
You get to equip 8 abilities. Assuming you slot a couple lower cooldown moves and weave them between the longer ones you'll always have something besides basic attacks to throw.

I'm playing bard and it's a really fun collection of moves even at level 20.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kaysette posted:

i mean, i agree 100% but it's not like the KR or RU versions are less grindy

I’m talking about the servers and the localization.

Though I guess if Amazon didn’t do it we couldn’t play? idk

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally got my boat last night. Is there any guidance no where to go next, or is it pretty much "go wild" at this stage? First place I decided to go was the Fallout desert, and mobs are slightly overleveled. Not that they're difficult, but I can't use the equipment they drop yet.

RTM posted:

Is there a class that doesn't have skill cooldowns? I just want to press buttons and watch things explode, not press buttons and watch cooldown numbers tick down.

Deadeye and gunslinger have the same mechanic, switching between 3 different guns that have different skill bars. It should be enough to never be caught without a skill to use.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 15, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally got my boat last night. Is there any guidance no where to go next, or is it pretty much "go wild" at this stage? First place I decided to go was the Fallout desert, and mobs are slightly overleveled. Not that they're difficult, but I can't use the equipment they drop yet.

I think the general consensus is to ignore the main "find the arks" quest and follow the world quest with the blue icon that takes you to Tortoyk

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

gandlethorpe posted:

Deadeye and gunslinger have the same mechanic, switching between 3 different guns that have different skill bars. It should be enough to never be caught without a skill to use.

You should follow the guide quests and world quests. You do this order: Tortoyk, Anikka, Artherine, Vern, Shushire then have to get gear score to do the next ones.

You can do whatever islands you want as well but I would strongly recommend finishing Vern first so you can upgrade gear.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Afaik you just follow the blue globe icon from island to island and do each island's story arc. You can go off the rails, but from all accounts there's no quests unless you follow the route they've given.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It's not nerdy, it's a survival technique. (the survival of my punch range speakers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

given I left the thread some pages ago to cash talk and came back to cash talk, I'll agree with the vote to ban cash talk - it's here, like it, hate it, ignore it, just don't talk about it because doing so won't do poo poo to the game, but will fill up pages of the thread with noise