Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Riddler is put into Arkham Asylum.

Guard: Heh, you're gonna love your new cellmate, Nigma! He's a real laugh!

Riddler looks at a man, concealed in shadow, playing solitaire on the floor.

Mystery Man: They call you Riddler... have I got a riddle for you!

Man turns over the next card in the deck, revealing a joker. The man comes into the light, revealing a CGI Heath Ledger.

Joker: Why. So. Serious? Hahahahaha!

Edit: Then it turns out that there are other versions of the movie where the Joker is revealed to be Jared Leto or Joaquin Phoenix, and you don't know which version of the movie you're going to see. It's all to set up Batman & The Three Jokers, coming out 2025.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I'd pay so much money to see people's reactions if at the end they reveal the Joker, but it's the Cesar Romero Joker and he's just alliterating like crazy while holding a cartoon bomb.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 15, 2022

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

The should do Crazy Quilt for Batman 2.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

The United States posted:

Surprise Reveal!

Robert Pattinson will have turned out to be playing the Joker the whole time, he's so crazy he just thinks he's Batman. Riddler is trying to get him to wake up.

It would rule if it was just a straight edgy dark Batman for 85% of the movie, and in the last few scenes he's ranting about how he's trying to stop super criminals with complex plots, and then the movie shifts perspective and we see that he's been the criminal the whole time, and the plots are all imaginary. Not that he's become as bad as the criminals, just that it's all been him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There was a rumor going around that test audiences were shown a version of the film with Joker in it and one without. I don’t know if this was ever confirmed, but there have been a lot of reports that Barry Keoghan is playing Joker.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was a rumor going around that test audiences were shown a version of the film with Joker in it and one without. I don’t know if this was ever confirmed, but there have been a lot of reports that Barry Keoghan is playing Joker.

gently caress you don't make me excited for Joker

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Didn’t Barry’s brother accidentally confirm it?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Killing of a Sacred Deer Joker would be really interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6a68PJ1FS4

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok if it's Keoghan I'll be less mad I guess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Keoghan plays Druig in the Eternals as a very creepy godlike borderline villain at points

I could definitely see him as the Joker

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Keoghan plays Druig in the Eternals as a very creepy godlike borderline villain at points

I could definitely see him as the Joker

Watch Killing of a Sacred Deer. That goes for the rest of yous

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dude has a literal slave camp that no one in the group even comments on

he's a villain

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh but Wanda does it and it’s just grief.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even suggestion of the Joker makes my interest in The Batman get even lower than it already was. gently caress the Joker, gently caress all his fans that just want every bit of Batman content to just be Joker delivery systems.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

twistedmentat posted:

Even suggestion of the Joker makes my interest in The Batman get even lower than it already was. gently caress the Joker, gently caress all his fans that just want every bit of Batman content to just be Joker delivery systems.

:same:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

twistedmentat posted:

Bottom text

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pictures of some toys for Love and Thunder have appeared showing the designs of the uh...Thors.
So assuming they're accurate I guess we have a first look at the MCU Jane Foster Thor and what dude Thor is going to look like in this.

I'll put them in spoiler tags, I guess?

https://gizmodo.com/thor-love-and-thunder-jane-foster-thor-toy-first-look-1848553781

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They gonna make her blonde in this one, or does the hammer do that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gotta be the hammer.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the hammer made her blonde in the comics too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

site posted:

the hammer made her blonde in the comics too

It also, more notably, gave her hair

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
whoever shall wield this HAMMER shall possess the power, the might, and the beautiful, flowing locks of THOR

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I swear, I'm a grown adult, and I still cannot get my head around how it was supposed to work in the original Thor comics. So he's a human doctor, with his own life and personality, and then he strikes his cane and he becomes Thor, an entirely separate person with his own personality. But they are still two separate people, yet also not because only one can exist at a time, and...

I'm so lost. loving funny book from the 1960s making me lose any self-belief that I'm smart.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fairly sure a recent Thor arc went into that, the doctor was not happy.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
IIRC in the first couple issues it was kind of like Donald Blake just had "the power of Thor" but still had his own mind (and the whole "walking stick is secretly Thor's hammer" was standard "disability is secretly a superpower" stuff, like with Iron Man's heart or Daredevil's super-senses). But pretty quickly Jack wanted to bring in all the other Norse mythology with Odin and Loki and everything, which mean's he's "really Thor", so the identity just stuff got really muddled. It took until Simonson in the 80s to say that Blake was never a real person and have it just be Thor all the time.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I always liked the idea that Thor had to learn humility and maturity by living a life as a human. It made him distinct from the other distant gods of this world; they never had the human experiences he had, so it makes sense that they're not hopping around being superheroes in the same way Thor is (except for Herc, who was originally human). I really dislike the modern idea that Donald Blake was somehow not Thor after all and that, worse, Donald Blake even being created at all was somehow some kind of mistake. It wasn't! Thor wouldn't be who he is today if he hadn't been Donald.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BrianWilly posted:

I always liked the idea that Thor had to learn humility and maturity by living a life as a human. It made him distinct from the other distant gods of this world; they never had the human experiences he had, so it makes sense that they're not hopping around being superheroes in the same way Thor is (except for Herc, who was originally human). I really dislike the modern idea that Donald Blake was somehow not Thor after all and that, worse, Donald Blake even being created at all was somehow some kind of mistake. It wasn't! Thor wouldn't be who he is today if he hadn't been Donald.
Feels very influenced by Greek Mythology funnily with the story of Apollo being forced to be a human to learn humility

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Omnomnomnivore posted:

IIRC in the first couple issues it was kind of like Donald Blake just had "the power of Thor" but still had his own mind (and the whole "walking stick is secretly Thor's hammer" was standard "disability is secretly a superpower" stuff, like with Iron Man's heart or Daredevil's super-senses).

Also borne out of the tendency to give powerful heroes a big capital W weakness. Iron Man's energy levels were always so precarious in those early days and he would need to plug in so often, like when your phone battery stops holding a charge.

Thor needed Mjolnir in his hands at all times because if he didn't have hold of it for 60 seconds he'd convert back to Blake. It was a huge weakness and it allowed for classic secret identity hijinks.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm really hoping they get Jeffrey Combs to appear as Doctor Mordrid in Multiverse of Madness.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

On a scale of 1-10, how smug and contrarian is it to think that

1. Pattinson Batman looks like a thoroughly joyless slog, and
2. Lego is the best Batman movie?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"well personally," he said, smugly, "I happen to think that Lego Batman was the best one."

I don't know, doesn't quite fit

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lego Batman is the best one tho?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It really is wild how little consistency there was on whether or not Donald Blake was a real dude for like twenty years

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I like Lego Batman pretty good but annoying improv comedy Robin makes me give the edge to Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker

I think Pat-Bat at least looks more colorful than Nolan's stuff (and Reeves seems to have a grasp of actual human emotion by comparison) so while I understand being skeptical based on the marketing, my projection is... It won't be that bad. Probably high-mid tier as far as Batman movies go.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Reeves's Apes films are incredible which garners him truckloads of good faith in my book.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bees x1000 posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how smug and contrarian is it to think that

1. Pattinson Batman looks like a thoroughly joyless slog, and
2. Lego is the best Batman movie?

I'd say about a 4 as neither of those are particularly hot takes. I think you'll find way more pushback on the Lego thing than the Pattinson one

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You could maybe be smug saying Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman movie. (Only because it's true.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Bitches we all the 66 Batman movie was the objective best

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Bitches we all the 66 Batman movie was the objective best

I'm glad that someone else has the correct opinion.

I want this new movie to flop super badly, but be talked about forever on message boards just so that I can sagely declare, "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a great impression of the smug contrarian take. Good job, guys.