Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Dick Wolf watching the Beer Hall Putsch: hmmm, looks to me like right-wingers are trying to co-opt this protest because it's directed at the government

In an abstract sense, yeah, I don't like people being smashed by the liberal government. But we need to use our brains for half a second before we come to their defense. Sharing an opponent or even a choice of tactics now doesn't make our goals compatible, nor does it mean right-wing movements will return that favor when we're in the cross hairs. In fact, we know that it's precisely the opposite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Venezuelan politician's commenting on the situation is very funny and cool though
https://twitter.com/jaarreaza/status/1493616620274688009?s=20&t=OetDAxRcjQOVBc0_Nog5Ug

lol and lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

watching a livestream and a bunch of truckers are streaming back into couts

idk if they're going to reinforce blockade or just slow roll through or what yet

https://twitch.tv/themayor_mccheese

i think i've counted over 100 semis, pickups, and rvs slow rolling this thing

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It's so hosed that there's a portion of Americans with money that roleplay being the working class and they do stupid poo poo that ends up influencing government at a greater scale than the real working class.

It's very much in the interest of the media and the liberal political establishment to engage with a fringe right-wing pantomime of the working class rather than actual workers, to reinforce their self-justification as an enlightened and professional elite holding back a regressive and ignorant mob. The trucker branding serves liberal interests as much as the right (well, further right), the most they're willing to undermine it is part of statements like "the REAL workers are the people who support us!"

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Dolash posted:

It's very much in the interest of the media and the liberal political establishment to engage with a fringe right-wing pantomime of the working class rather than actual workers, to reinforce their self-justification as an enlightened and professional elite holding back a regressive and ignorant mob. The trucker branding serves liberal interests as much as the right (well, further right), the most they're willing to undermine it is part of statements like "the REAL workers are the people who support us!"

:hmmyes:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

DesertIslandHermit posted:

There was a Republican woman that tried running for Congress back in 2020 and said she represented the working class and then the media found her giant megamansion. My parents absolutely loathed her. It was funny.

this is how MTG got in. crossfitter from a rich family, rented a condo in a forgotten district and adopted the good ol' girl affect and won.

ngl american carpetbagging is incredibly entertaining, and if I could I'd change my name to BIG COLT DRIVESHAFT, adopt a shitkicking accent, and my platform would consist entirely of a campaign ad featuring me blowing up a Prius labelled 'PELOSI' with a howitzer

this still makes me laugh

https://twitter.com/markhelenowski/status/1375500976170340360

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

DirtyRobot posted:

Leftists still cursed by liberalism don't understand that punching Nazis is actually a great way to build a working-class movement, because instead of trying to convert some petit-bourgeois, literal fascist you can and should turn your attention to building solidarity with those people who are subject to Nazi violence. Making excuses for Nazis doesn't do this!!

"I will fight to the death for the rights of my enemies (who would never do the same for me)" is one of the most frustrating political memes among the left-liberals.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Cold on a Cob posted:

idk if they're going to reinforce blockade or just slow roll through or what yet

lol the cops are just letting them all back in to block it again right after they were caught with a bunch of guns :lmao:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lol very nice

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

"making us all poorer" lmao incredible

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

"making us all poorer" lmao incredible

Be nice to Chrystia Freeland.

She went from being a reporter to trade minister to deputy prime minister. A position I didn't even know existed.

At this rate she will take over being the Queen when Elizabeth II dies.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Randomly read a housing market report this morning, mentioned record low supply of 1.5 months.

This is so loving stupid lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i really appreciate the non-stop hot takes on the emergencies act from people who don't even know what a parliament is

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
those Tim hortons in northern Manitoba need workers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

noted polonium enthusiast Justin Trudeau

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

skipmyseashells posted:

those Tim hortons in northern Manitoba need workers

well it's either that or being a slave in dubai, and i guess this is marginally better?

probably

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol

quote:

At a special meeting of the Ottawa Police Services Board (OPS), Ottawa police officials provide an update on the OPS response to ongoing protests in the city’s downtown. The meeting comes amid reports that Police Chief Peter Sloly has resigned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV8v01pambk

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"yeah he's gone no there's still nothing we can do sorry no we're not taking questions"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

There's our Skippy.
https://twitter.com/CBCDaveWhite/status/1493304554057781251

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

how's he gonna run for leader if he's already flip-flopping on the wingnuts?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Juul-Whip posted:

There's our Skippy.

He's such a shameless weasel.

I remember an old clip where Poilievre⁩ was in a talking heads segment on CBC defending Harper, and was spouting nonsense to the point where the dude sitting next to him just put his head in his hands and started laughing. Can't find it anywhere online tho.

Durf has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Feb 15, 2022

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

i still don't have confirmation, i think it was fake news and it was people leaving the blockade

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

What's happening in Windsor, on Huron Church Rd. right now. They are installing concrete highway barriers unbroken from the Ambassador Bridge all the way to E.C. Row expressway (about 3 miles) with only one taken out at each side street and a cop car parked across that opening, with nothing but bridge traffic allowed in. When I left this morning, I got about a couple of km up the road, before encountering the crews installing barriers in a solid wall towards the expressway. I got all the way to the bridge, without being able to get out of this newly created valley of concrete. So, I had to go to a road block and ask the cops to let me out and they said not to go onto it again.
The prevention of blockades is creating a bigger disruption for adjacent business/residents than the blockade was. Concrete barriers are across all the business entrances. Scores of them. There's a dozen flatbeds with highway barriers on them and cranes, working their way towards E.C. Row

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

He doesn't support blockades, but also wants the government to fully give in to their demands. Which means that the blockades worked. Somehow I don't think he thought this through.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Randalor posted:

He doesn't support blockades, but also wants the government to fully give in to their demands. Which means that the blockades worked. Somehow I don't think he thought this through.

no, he thought it through. he's signalling support and it is deliberate.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

yeah local business isn’t the concern for Ford or the feds. the point is to not let anyone get heavy vehicles unauthorized onto the crossing ever again

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Durf posted:

I remember an old clip where Poilievre⁩ was in a talking heads segment on CBC defending Harper, and was spouting nonsense to the point where the dude sitting next to him just put his head in his hands and started laughing. Can't find it anywhere online tho.

Were you thinking of this?
https://youtu.be/2t9ihLQhMtU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Normy posted:

oh that makes me sad :smith:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Rumors has it that Jean Charest (you know, the Quebec PM of the provincial Liberal party that instigated the 2012 student crisis) is checking his support to see if he can run against Poilievre. The moneyed establishment LOVED him there. I wonder how it would translate to a Federal run.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Popoto posted:

Rumors has it that Jean Charest (you know, the Quebec PM of the provincial Liberal party that instigated the 2012 student crisis) is checking his support to see if he can run against Poilievre. The moneyed establishment LOVED him there. I wonder how it would translate to a Federal run.

dear god no

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

oh that makes me sad :smith:

Yeah, RIP Evan Solomon's career and relevance.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wtf Trudeau called for the war measure act!?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1493684871851614210

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Popoto posted:

My hate for Charest burns eternal, if he runs I would even vote Liberal against him.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Normy posted:

oh drat I swore it was him

eXXon posted:

Yeah, RIP Evan Solomon's career and relevance.

lol I think the CBC lost Solomon, Kevin O'Leary, Amanda Lang, and Jian Ghomeshi to various scandals within the same year or so

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Man, the American leftists have their head so far up their asses with this the left should support these truckers and their legitimate grievances bullshit. This is a textbook fascist movement alliance of lumpen proletariat (the crazy antivaxx out of work people getting grifted) and the petit-bourgeois grifters.

There are real workers actually fighting to better trucker working conditions and their loving UNION has come out against the movement but they have been drowned out by the fasc.

The reactionary elements in the police forces are even facilitating this, it’s not at all hard.

Sucks when your heroes (Richard Wolff) can’t even be bothered to check in with our leftist movements before parachuting in with their hot takes.

Yankees go the gently caress home.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Durf posted:

paul dewar never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iltePwbkBD4

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

ARACHTION posted:

Yankees go the gently caress home.

[coded name of an extremely gross thing to google]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

My theory is that when they grabbed her for a psych eval a few months ago, she copped to fleecing her followers. They certified her not-crazy, just a bag a poo poo, and let her go. It's the only thing that makes sense other than her being used as a straight-up CSIS honey pot.