Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Tatooine efforts of caring for oil covered wookies washed up on the coasts, victims of the empire's oil spills, too weak to roar, has gone too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, this is terrible. Why’s it so shiny? Is there no matte black plastic?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Holy poo poo that’s bad

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I really wanted to be excited, loved the character from the Aphra comics and now the live action, but yikes. Try again Hasbro. What’s been going on with the Black Series team?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They needed a product out after the show ended to go with the hype

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
When did they find out he would be in the show? I feel like they'd have enough time to make an effort on a no brainer fan favorite.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That is beyond horrible. :lol:

Like, dude is THICC - not this little skinny Chewbacca.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Chewie in blackface.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

We never got a figure of him did we?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

They put a weird harness on him, but yeah here he is:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Sadly not. Playmates need to rectify this oversight.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Someone earlier posted about having a long delayed 100% Soft x KC Green - This is Fine Dumpster Fire.

100% Soft says it's back in stock in his shop.
https://twitter.com/100soft/status/1493644400714399745?s=20&t=JJzhOQcNJ0Se4YiT8vkiyA

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I see the listing on BBTS for BK says (comic) but he doesn’t look like that either. Comic BK is huge as well, hell the art showing that is right there on the package.

Now this one will excite Rhyno:

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1493649719217860616?s=21

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 15, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The sickness continues. I own yet more He-Man toys.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

I see the listing on BBTS for BK says (comic) but he doesn’t look like that either. Comic BK is huge as well, hell the art showing that is right there on the package.

Now this one will excite Rhyno:

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1493649719217860616?s=21

I just paid a premium for the drat original Bane Black Series and he arrived yesterday

:negative:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just paid a premium for the drat original Bane Black Series and he arrived yesterday

:negative:

The original is much better, simply because it's his iconic look and without the squint.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I like the squint though. And I’m assuming that head will also have the metal plate on his forehead.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I got a response from Dorkside about whether or not my Hunter wave will ever arrive, here it is if anyone is interested:

quote:

Bo-Katan and Elite Squad Trooper have been reserved to your order. Hunter and Crosshair are estimated to arrive in March. Asajj Ventress is estimated to arrive in April. Dates are merely an estimate and we cannot guarantee as the matter of arrival is simply out of our hands. Should you find items in-stock elsewhere and decide to cancel, we can only be understanding. Otherwise, we will begin shipping the moment they arrive. Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns. Thanks for shopping Dorksidetoys!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like the squint though. And I’m assuming that head will also have the metal plate on his forehead.

I think the squint looks great at some angles and not so much in others. Interesting that the promo pics were taken without his breathing tubes attached.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

RevKrule posted:

Someone earlier posted about having a long delayed 100% Soft x KC Green - This is Fine Dumpster Fire.

100% Soft says it's back in stock in his shop.
https://twitter.com/100soft/status/1493644400714399745?s=20&t=JJzhOQcNJ0Se4YiT8vkiyA

That was me. I signed up for email notifications and ordered it within a minute of receiving the mail. Fitting because it was the day my office decided we need to fully reopen in 2 weeks because Covid. Is. OVER.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The squint seems like an odd choice for a character with huge expressive red eyes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

The squint seems like an odd choice for a character with huge expressive red eyes.

Clint Eastwood

that's really it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Lee Van Cleef was a master squinter

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah, 90% of any spaghetti western gun duel is intense squinting.

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004
Is Dorkside my only option right now for the Dragon Ball Super SH Figuarts Vegeta? Seems like it’s preorder sold out at most places.

a skeleton fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 16, 2022

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

a skeleton posted:

Is Dorkside my only option right now for the Dragon Ball Super SH Figuarts Vegeta? Seems like it’s preorder sold out at most places.

You looking to import or wait 2-3 months extra for US release?

If you’re importing, just keep your eyes on places like Amazon.JP, amiami, HLJ, 1999.co.jp, Nin-Nin-Game closer to his release in June.

If you’re going the domestic route, same thing applies to BBTS, Amazon, Dorkside, etc. around his release in maybe August or September.

What I’m getting at is that this Vegeta is a regular release, meaning you don’t explicitly need a preorder since they’re not made-to-order and may even end up in Targets and Wal-Marts.

Joe Fisto posted:

I got a response from Dorkside about whether or not my Hunter wave will ever arrive, here it is if anyone is interested:

That’s more than most companies would bother to say, I tell you what.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

That’s more than most companies would bother to say, I tell you what.

Yeah, as frustrated as I am about the delays, I'll be keeping the order open. Though there is a Ventriss sitting at a local Walgreens, or was anyway.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
One shouldn’t wish their life away but gosh, I’d kinda like to speed up time a bit so I can faff about with Destroyer Conan, the One:12 Big Chap, Din & Bob, 90s Jean, and AzBats.
#Pre-OrderBlues

What are you folks most looking forward to that’s ages away?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sentinel Red posted:

One shouldn’t wish their life away but gosh, I’d kinda like to speed up time a bit so I can faff about with Destroyer Conan, the One:12 Big Chap, Din & Bob, 90s Jean, and AzBats.
#Pre-OrderBlues

What are you folks most looking forward to that’s ages away?

I'm not legally allowed to talk about the Dragonzord any more until it has released

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Dorkside has good customer service at least, even though they are seemingly getting screwed in distro. I got my money back from them for the TMNT Wave 1 Ultimates re-release, and the order I made on BBTS shipped this morning.

The order of 2 extra foot soldiers from EE are actually arriving today. Kind of wish I had just cancelled my preorder with Dorkside earlier and had all six figures arrive at the same time, but c'est la vie!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Dorkside has good customer service at least, even though they are seemingly getting screwed in distro. I got my money back from them for the TMNT Wave 1 Ultimates re-release, and the order I made on BBTS shipped this morning.

Yeah at the least DS has good customer service and the owner has been very up front with how often they get snubbed by Hasbro and other distributors on allotments compared to other larger retail sites. Still, it makes the wait annoying when you see so many others getting their stuff on time, and they can improve this with more transparent communication on where orders stand.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I hope everyone who wanted Squint Bane got one, poo poo sold out in 20 minutes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm never getting a Bane figure :(

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I'm never getting a Bane figure :(

I dunno, McFarlane probably still has some in stock

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Come on man, you know who I mean

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Come on man, you know who I mean

I'm joking Nod

Stalk around BBTS, they'll probably get him in there

gregday
May 23, 2003

I am extremely on the fence about buying an all metal Rocketeer jetpack, hand made with a blowtorch and a hammer. But I know if I do, I’m going to want the whole getup. I don’t really have the space for more large props, and the price is definitely territory of getting forgiveness afterward rather than permission from the wife.

On the other hand, good Christ:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Amazon exclusives have a tendency to pop in and out of stock until they release, even sometimes after they release. Just keep an eye on it and you may find you are able to order one.

I don’t know how much you might use Twitter but follow this account it’s very good at informing people when things come in to stock up

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1494014186124361731?s=21

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Thanks, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004

Nanigans posted:

You looking to import or wait 2-3 months extra for US release?

If you’re importing, just keep your eyes on places like Amazon.JP, amiami, HLJ, 1999.co.jp, Nin-Nin-Game closer to his release in June.

If you’re going the domestic route, same thing applies to BBTS, Amazon, Dorkside, etc. around his release in maybe August or September.

What I’m getting at is that this Vegeta is a regular release, meaning you don’t explicitly need a preorder since they’re not made-to-order and may even end up in Targets and Wal-Marts.

Thanks, that’s good to know!