Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mordja posted:

To be fair, I don't think there's all that much to pull from in 8th ed. Tzeentch in general has always seemed to me to have the least model representation, with Khorne and Nurgle getting all the love.

they need some inspo from the warhammer mmo, the inevitable city was dope.

in general when i think of mortal tzeentch design, i think mirrors, pearlescent and laminate surfaces, fluted armor and flame motifs. Stick some eyes on free space

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
When they get around for making DLC for the deamons I hope something completely new to the IP instead of just new mortals.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Lucinice posted:

When they get around for making DLC for the deamons I hope something completely new to the IP instead of just new mortals.

I mean sure, but more mortal units and characters are like 100% something that's coming, probably even alongside an update to Warriors of Chaos (which may very well be free). In this case it's not a zero sum game. Second, Khorne/Tzeentch/Nurgle/Slaanesh aren't Daemon factions, they are god-specific, but they have a mix of Daemons and mortals. At the moment the Daemonic side of that roster is more or less complete as regards stuff that arleady existed in the setting.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 15, 2022

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Giving all the demon factions the same mortal units would be incredibly lame and disappointing.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Again, not Daemon factions. And that list I laid out of what I think is likely for all of them to at least get based on what the others already have in their rosters, is something I think is incredibly likely to happen and in line with the tabletop game (and again almost certainly doesn't rule out other more unique units). Also there's no reason Khorne and Slaanesh marauders or Tzeentch and Nurgle Chaos Warriors, need to be the same thing in terms of their stats, abilities and weaponry.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 15, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Randarkman posted:

Again, not Daemon factions. And that list I laid out of what I think is likely for all of them to at least get based on what the others already have in their rosters, is something I think is incredibly likely to happen and in line with the tabletop game. Also there's no reason Khorne and Slaanesh marauders or Tzeentch and Nurgle Chaos Warriors, need to be the same thing in terms of their stats, abilities and weaponry.

Indeed they shouldn't. That's the entire point of marks of Chaos. A unit dedicated to a god is different to the baseline unit. Like we don't have normal Chaos warriors in game, but I would be shocked (and upset honestly) if they had the same stats as Khornate warriors.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
+2 MA khorne warriors

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Randarkman posted:

I mean sure, but more mortal units and characters are like 100% something that's coming, probably even alongside an update to Warriors of Chaos (which may very well be free). In this case it's not a zero sum game. Second, Khorne/Tzeentch/Nurgle/Slaanesh aren't Daemon factions, they are god-specific, but they have a mix of Daemons and mortals. At the moment the Daemonic side of that roster is more or less complete as regards stuff that arleady existed in the setting.

Yeah true, I'm just personally not as interested in chaos marked mortals as potentially new deamons. Probably why I haven't been as annoyed at the reskins as some others.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Marked mortals have the potential to be far more different now that they are not physical plastic toys. The art was always far more differentiated than the tabletop armies (except for people really into conversion)

Tzeentch knights compared to the others are the exception that proves the rule

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Does anyone know which units can't be recruited through the outpost mechanic on the WH3 map? Are DLC units like rattling gunners available?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fuligin posted:

they need some inspo from the warhammer mmo, the inevitable city was dope.

in general when i think of mortal tzeentch design, i think mirrors, pearlescent and laminate surfaces, fluted armor and flame motifs. Stick some eyes on free space

Mirriors are a more a Slaanesh Thing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Like all prior DLCs, I'm expecting them to come with a couple mortal units that fill some of the roster's gaps, and a big centerpiece unit or two.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mercrom posted:

Does anyone know which units can't be recruited through the outpost mechanic on the WH3 map? Are DLC units like rattling gunners available?
I believe I have seen that there are no restrictions what-so-ever. You just have to have the diplomatic currency built up to have the Outpost.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mordja posted:

I posted it in the last thread, but I love that Tzeentch Chosen design from the old Warham MMO I never played.

hot for Tchar

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

MonsterEnvy posted:

For those who know the Fantasy Rules. How do both incarnations of Nagash here compare to Teclis.

In both cases, Teclis is about as powerful of a spellcaster. Where both Nagashes shine is in being a top tier spellcaster AND a high-toughness high-strength monster able to shrug off damage and carve up faces in melee. Teclis is a frail weakboy in combat

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I’m preloaded and very ready to not get much sleep this weekend.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Goddamn just browsing the age of sigmar models for Slaanesh makes me so excited for future dlc

Even cooler looking Keeper of Secrets

Yeah give me that floating head

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mirriors are a more a Slaanesh Thing.

...huh

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Holy poo poo that harp guy rules

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Holy poo poo that harp guy rules

Yeah 100% but I wonder if he can sneak past the ratings system...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think that floating head is a spell...

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mercrom posted:

Everything is recruitable. You are only limited by:

1) The buildings the ally has. So if they can't recruit steam tanks, neither can you.

2) Allegiance points. Each unit you recruit from an ally costs some special currency that you generate from being allied to, and doing missions for them. Also some buildings generate them too, like the Grand Embassy for Cathay.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Laughing Zealot posted:

Goddamn just browsing the age of sigmar models for Slaanesh makes me so excited for future dlc

Syll'Esske is probably out of the question, but I'd love to see them in action

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Winklebottom posted:

Syll'Esske is probably out of the question, but I'd love to see them in action

Yeah it’s a Daemon Prince and Harald that really love each other and have a very wholesome relationships. (Not even by Slaanesh standards by normal ones)

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
does steam still take a while to decompress a pre-load?

I'm on fiber and 120GB should only take ~20 minutes or so based on a test I did today. It might be faster to just wait for 3:01am ET and download/

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The actual download is only 65GB. It unpacks to 120GB.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah it’s a Daemon Prince and Harald that really love each other and have a very wholesome relationships. (Not even by Slaanesh standards by normal ones)

It's incredibly cool that one of the powerful leaders of Slaanesh is just two demons in love who's main quest was to get revenge on all the snobby demons that looked down on one of them uplifting a mortal. Slaanesh gets some of the heaviest case of the fans reducing them to one single 'thing' (I guess tied with Khorne at times) and it genuinely sucks when people boil Slaanesh down to 'the horny chaos god' because 'an insane toxic but also very genuine relationship of a demon and a mortal they ascended straight up slaughtering anyone who looks down on their relationship' is such a loving fun concept.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

V for Vegas posted:

The actual download is only 65GB. It unpacks to 120GB.

It will still need to decrypt on launch day. Could take up to 30 minutes depending on your system.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The recent Slaanesh stuff coming out of GW has been an utter triumph of aesthetic and thematic cohesion, and pushing back against the stupid fan conceptions about Slaanesh's spheres of influence.

Really can't wait to see the stuff they have in store if/when they give Emperor's Children the same big expansion/overhaul they gave Thousand Sons and Death Guard in 40k. Any day now. Plz.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ethiser posted:

Giving all the demon factions the same mortal units would be incredibly lame and disappointing.

Randarkman posted:

According to Andy Hall in the most recent interview, CA thinks of the monogod factions as Daemon factions with a side assortment of mortals to cover any gaps, they didn't want to give everyone the same tools and that's why there's no, for example, Warriors for anyone but Khorne. I assume the less popular mortal lords like Festus may go to WoC over their monogod factions, and the most popular mortals like Valkya will go to Daemons because of the shiny factor. In terms of units though, yeah, no more non-mortals left to add unless they start making new daemons up.

Azran fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 15, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope they do something to make warriors of chaos more interesting in IE but not holding out too much hope.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
To me the idea of playing Chaos without Chaos warriors is a bit like playing wood elves without elves. I mean, yeah, you can have a tree army if you want but you are missing an important and iconic part of the faction.

I'm not worried about it though because there's certainly going to be "Chaos Warriors for all chaos factions" mods that will resolve this.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JBP posted:

I hope they do something to make warriors of chaos more interesting in IE but not holding out too much hope.

They're almost definitely going to have at least some ability to hold settlements now since the minors can, and I think they're pretty much guaranteed to get a DLC at some point since they, Norsca, and Vampire Counts are the only factions from game 1 that never got anything. I think some sort of ability to dedicate to a monogod or stay undivided for different bonuses would be cool, though I don't know if it really makes sense for Archaon to play that game. Or Sigvald, for a different reason. But even just having them with different committed places on the track would make them distinct and would be cool.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
One hundred and twelve gigs of DEMON ASSES

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
VC actually got a rework that made all units and heroes accessible earlier, got a new start pos for Kemmler and the whole bloodline system + reworked tech tree. They still need some more stuff, though. There's no point to 2/3s of their regular lord, for instance.

Given the quality of their reworks so far, I expect Norsca and WoC to get a decent amount of love at some point in the future.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dramicus posted:

To me the idea of playing Chaos without Chaos warriors is a bit like playing wood elves without elves. I mean, yeah, you can have a tree army if you want but you are missing an important and iconic part of the faction.

I'm not worried about it though because there's certainly going to be "Chaos Warriors for all chaos factions" mods that will resolve this.

I think it's more like playing a "Tree Spirits" faction without having waywatchers. Like, sure, there's an argument there but it's totally understandable to exclude them in favor of having more of the titular unit types.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

Given the quality of their reworks so far, I expect Norsca and WoC to get a decent amount of love at some point in the future.

I'm sure they will get a great rework, but just having the allied outpost system for Norsca will almost make them a new faction on it's own. Being able to get friendly with Demon factions and recruit demons would totally change the way they play.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Azran posted:

VC actually got a rework that made all units and heroes accessible earlier, got a new start pos for Kemmler and the whole bloodline system + reworked tech tree. They still need some more stuff, though. There's no point to 2/3s of their regular lord, for instance.

They got a rework but no DLC, unlike all the other WH1 races, eg Wulfhart, Grom, Thorek, Repanse, or even DLC races like the Sisters or Taurox.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 16, 2022

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there any indication of how the old Chaos invasion is going to work in Mortal empires 3, given the new poo poo that's been added to differentiate the chaos factions?

I am sort of presuming that it's going to remain the same - I haven't kept up with the roster changes, but none of the new chaos factions have subsumed anything from the OG Chaos roster, right?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ravenfood posted:

They got a rework but no DLC, unlike all the other WH1 races, eg Wulfhart, Grom, Thorek, Repanse, or even DLC races like the Sisters.

Have faith in Nagash, friend.

tithin posted:

Is there any indication of how the old Chaos invasion is going to work in Mortal empires 3, given the new poo poo that's been added to differentiate the chaos factions?

I am sort of presuming that it's going to remain the same - I haven't kept up with the roster changes, but none of the new chaos factions have subsumed anything from the OG Chaos roster, right?

Short answer is we don't know. The new chaos factions are considered very much separate from Warriors of Chaos by the devs, so in theory we will have another new rework for Archaeon and friends. So who knows what's in store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dramicus posted:

I'm sure they will get a great rework, but just having the allied outpost system for Norsca will almost make them a new faction on it's own. Being able to get friendly with Demon factions and recruit demons would totally change the way they play.

It was never the units that were the problem with Norsca, it was the campaign mechanics that were a pain to interact with.