Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

10000000000000000% chance the secret SL card is going to be Akuma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Street Fighter background art lands WHEN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just played a match against an opponent who got Wrenn and Six and Boseiju going (I was playing affinity). Am I gonna have to start sideboarding stifle

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

fadam posted:

Based how well the revealed cards mix SF flavor and magic mechanics I definitely want to see how they do Shun Goku Satsu on a magic card.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Based how well the revealed cards mix SF flavor and magic mechanics I definitely want to see how they do Shun Goku Satsu on a magic card.

A hosed up activated ability cost to raging demon (exile) a creature.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
he should have ninjutsu. and thats obvious

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
actually, he should have ultra ninjutsu, where he gets in if theres an unblocked creature but does not replace it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should have an M. Bison card where you can cast him without paying his mana cost if it’s Tuesday

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fadam posted:

IMO it's a huge flavour fail that Guile gets the charge counters from attacking. He should get them for not attacking or blocking.

This mf out here not using ROLLING SOBAT or KNEE BAZOOKA, a shameful Guile

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope we all didn't forget the OG SF card:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

This mf out here not using ROLLING SOBAT or KNEE BAZOOKA, a shameful Guile

You're right, but the platonic ideal Guile is a man holding down+back.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fadam posted:

It's gotta be Bison or a stax enchantment simply called "Zoning"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Instant called Daigo Parry that prevents damage from any target, if you have 5 or less life you may copy it any number of times and choose new targets

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Instant called Daigo Parry that prevents damage from any target, if you have 5 or less life you may copy it any number of times and choose new targets

lol good

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Strong Sauce posted:

Chun-Li, Countless Kicks

Multikicker W/U

ha ha ha

Still bummed for MTG overall, but it is fun to see fan-art cards that aren't made by eight year olds.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

Guile, Sonic Soldier - 1URW

Legendary Creature - Human Soldier

Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, put a charge counter on him or remove one from him. When you remove a counter this way, choose one -
Sonic Boom - ~ deals ??? damage to any target.
insert ability here - ~ gains ?? and indestructible until end of turn.

4/4

Guile's second ability is almost certainly Flash Kick.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I really love these phantom drafts. I stress myself out over my choices in regular drafts, here I just relax and have fun.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Guile's second ability is almost certainly Flash Kick.

And I bet the first ability it adds is First Strike.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I also kind of love that Hadoken requires untapping.

It's downright fierce.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I always thought a Daigo card would be a enchantment or some type of permanent where if you are dealt lethal damage you could instead announce a card type, then draw off the top of your deck, if it is that card type you may discard and prevent 1 damage to yourself while also dealing 1 damage to your opponent. You could keep repeating this until you prevented all damage dealt by that target that turn.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When Vega deals combat damage to a player, secretly choose left or right. Target opponent guesses which you picked, If your opponent guessed wrong, tap all non-land permanents they control, they don't untap during their opponent's next untap step.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The only card with parry in its name is soul parry

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well yeah, they'd have to change its name if they added another one

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The only card with parry in its name is soul parry

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ryu being White/Red is okay but definitely not right imo. He's not really got much going for him that matches the "White" mtg colour profile thematically. He's a solitary warrior who travels the world simply training and looking for a good fight, he doesn't really care about justice or community.

But i knew they'd mess that up so it's not a huge issue.

Personally, I think Chun looks wildly fun (the fact that it's exile with kick counters means you can build up her attack with extra casts by continuing to multi-kicker her), as does Blanka and Zangief.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ryu being White/Red is okay but definitely not right imo. He's not really got much going for him that matches the "White" mtg colour profile thematically. He's a solitary warrior who travels the world simply training and looking for a good fight, he doesn't really care about justice or community.

it's so he's in the same colors as ken

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I wonder how the non-ub versions of these cards will handle the flavor keywords. they might remove them but maybe they'll just leave them there because :effort:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

zangief should have been mono red

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

resistentialism posted:

Going into the woods to fight bears is very green, so at least he has that part.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

resistentialism posted:

Agreed

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The black in his cost is because only bad people play grapplers.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRzttwZf40

snipe edit beaten

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7oS2IjkJEI

The song really sucks (please don't cancel me Japanese fans if they are popular) but they made a really gorgeous anime-opening for Neon Dynasty

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So how’s that netflix show coming along? Lmao

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7oS2IjkJEI

The song really sucks (please don't cancel me Japanese fans if they are popular) but they made a really gorgeous anime-opening for Neon Dynasty

i recognize this singer from the opening to 91 Days. i remember thinking that song sucked but then it grew on me, so that might happen here too

anyways, cool trailer. no idea wats happening, tho, guess i should have read the lore. plus no tamiyo compleation? fail.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
btw, kamigawa neon dynasty is a really good set. i think i havent had this much consistent fun drafting a set since like eldraine or ravnica allegiance. gj wizards

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

They seem to have struggled to include black. Dhalsim seems like a natural pick since he wears a necklace made of skulls.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

fadam posted:

I hope we all didn't forget the OG SF card:

lmao i forgot that david "low kick" "yomi" "play to win" sirloin designed a magic card

Edit: i can't wait for the followup 4 Heavenly Kings and New Challengers secret lair(s?)

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 16, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brewing some affinity poo poo and Patchwork Automaton is an MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Silhouette posted:

lmao i forgot that david "low kick" "yomi" "play to win" sirloin designed a magic card

I legit had to check to make sure that was real, since m15 was during a major break.