Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
And maybe Reginald will come back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The_Doctor posted:

Terry’s still in the opening. :smith:

Terry owns, bring him back.

Neeksy posted:

And maybe Reginald will come back!

They've had a lot of fun over the years dancing around the reginald issue I think it's hilarious

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They can bring Reginald back as long as they go back to Tone Loc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where was klaus. Whenever klaus's not on screen all the other characters should be asking "where's klaus?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They didn’t know how to end this one, huh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They can bring Reginald back as long as they go back to Tone Loc.

Reginald was Donald Fullilove, not Tone Loc. Your central point, that not-Erik-Durbin was better, stands.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, it was good in the first half and not so great in the second.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Probably another old unused script they dug out to fill out an episode order

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I caught the episode where Stan gets hexed to be an old man and never realized that the dementia Stan gets is a callback to the episode where Stan and Francine renew their vows when Stan mentions how Alzheimer's runs in his family.

Its why I love this show so much, the writers actually pay attention to things mentioned in previous episodes as throwaway lines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stan also had multiple mentions of his fear of seagulls until Choosey Wife's Chose Smith when he and Roger got trapped on an island and he had to eat a bunch of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A Valentines Day love story:

A Roger Story
Season 19, Episode 4 - Feb 14th, 2021
Steve and Snot's friendship is put to the test when their mothers get in a fight.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

I caught the episode where Stan gets hexed to be an old man and never realized that the dementia Stan gets is a callback to the episode where Stan and Francine renew their vows when Stan mentions how Alzheimer's runs in his family.

Its why I love this show so much, the writers actually pay attention to things mentioned in previous episodes as throwaway lines.

The doctor saying "most things are real" and the Texan being confused about "Texas not being real" is one of my favorite exchanges in the show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nichael posted:

The doctor saying "most things are real" and the Texan being confused about "Texas not being real" is one of my favorite exchanges in the show.

It's a great bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyhk90mhN-s

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

limp_cheese posted:

"Roger shot Hayley?" "So? She shot me. I shot you a couple times. It's how we communicate in this family" is one of my favorite examples of this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nep-Nep posted:

"Roger shot Hayley?" "So? She shot me. I shot you a couple times. It's how we communicate in this family" is one of my favorite examples of this.

Francine: All right, I'll tell her you asked about her.

Stan: You tell her whatever you want, but that's not how it went down.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The_Doctor posted:

I thought it was a really strange episode

Like they clearly didn't have enough in the Tuttle A plot so they threw in a very random B plot that just kind of goes nowhere

You think that Jeff's plot is going to matter more but it just kind of stops midway through

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the spelling bee episode it is kind of odd that Akiko goes to a private school but Toshi goes to the local high school.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Probably only spoke Japanese during the entrance exam

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

....sometimes my hearing goes away...

...I can't hear what my friends say...

...and one of those times is today.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

muscles like this! posted:

In the spelling bee episode it is kind of odd that Akiko goes to a private school but Toshi goes to the local high school.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Also, Akiko is representing Maryland while Steve is representing Virginia. So she goes to school in a different state than Toshi too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Great ep, weird rear end ending

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Great episode.

"Looks like I poisoned them.... I wonder how that happened?"

"Floor 8 is for tush nibblers "

One of Stan's tattoos said "Sometimes you work for the CIA".

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Some good gags in this one. I particularly liked Steve throwing pebbles at Snot's first floor bedroom window.

"Alright everyone I have an announcement! This is now a real funeral" slew me.

Also WTF Toshi?!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

There were quite a few good gags and the ending was oddly sweet in its own usual twisted American Dad way.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Toshi: I speak fluent English, and have the whole time

Toshi's passive aggressive hatred of his "friend" group is getting less and less subtle.

Some fun references in the tattoos at the end.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Toshi: I speak fluent English, and have the whole time

Well knowing his family, it does make sense.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

He even keeps up the language thing with his family, too.

Even with this the Toshi mystery remains.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Rewatched the episode and I lose it every time Roger says "Sub Hub ran a promotion in the 80s when they were just sending people to hell" like its normal.

Stan's tattoos are really good and are further proof the writer's actually care about this show. One mentions that Haley knows everything about Clamato juice and another mentions Jeff is an alien. The one that said "Tip your tattoo artist" was the best one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp_cheese posted:

Rewatched the episode and I lose it every time Roger says "Sub Hub ran a promotion in the 80s when they were just sending people to hell" like its normal.

Stan's tattoos are really good and are further proof the writer's actually care about this show. One mentions that Haley knows everything about Clamato juice and another mentions Jeff is an alien. The one that said "Tip your tattoo artist" was the best one.

Roger's Person's matta'

and also:

It's okay that Roger is in ham club.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

when snot's mum and francine went into that tiny room i was fully expecting it to be revealed that roger's drug worked the whole time

i can't believe they instead just kept going lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Francine is right.

Treasure Island sucks without Muppets.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Feels like a bit of a gas leak episode but still funny.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zero One posted:

Francine is right.

Treasure Island sucks without Muppets.

Truth.

Muppet's Treasure Island is a delight and Snot's mom was wrong to read the book :colbert:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I was thinking the mothers would reunite over their love of the Impractical Jokers, but we're already in the ice creamulation inside the tv set in the basement of the punishment family of the personalized heaven of stan from american dad so why not jump timelines

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Roger's reaction to appearing on the 33rd floor was great

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

i liked the "snot's mom" running gag
"thanks, snot's mom's kid"
and snot calling his own mother "snot's mom"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeksy posted:

I was thinking the mothers would reunite over their love of the Impractical Jokers, but we're already in the ice creamulation inside the tv set in the basement of the punishment family of the personalized heaven of stan from american dad so why not jump timelines

"In a different timeline you have different tattoos" suggests the existence of an American dad multiverse.

Francine can see into these branching multiverses via her dreams, which Stan refuses to discuss in the daytime.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like the conceit that Francine is strongly in command of dream-travel, it's a good trait

I hope we get a Return of Stanferatu someday

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

There's a lot of different futures for the Smiths, and lots of branching paths. The 'And Me? Super Gay Also' universe, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Have Steve and Snot outright kissed? I know they’ve talked about practicing kissing on sleepovers.