Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

very easy after beating the game, aside from that yellow guy randomly popping up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao...a fitting end.

There’s a turbografx game called bloody wolf where every enemy dies like this

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao...a fitting end.

you better believe that it cut straight to the ending.

I actually kind of liked the last 2 levels but pretty much nothing before them. That said, gently caress this guy so much

Same thing happened to me lol. The tension while I waited to see if it would count was indescribable

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao...a fitting end.

you better believe that it cut straight to the ending.

I actually kind of liked the last 2 levels but pretty much nothing before them. That said, gently caress this guy so much

lmao awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finally decided to give this a real shot and made it to stage 3... and there's birds now???

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
3 and a half hours left

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i cant remember which ng3 i put on my everdrive but ill play that one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is getting more and more bizarre. I'm kind of getting the hang of it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Why are there zombies and uhhh animated statues.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Why are there zombies and uhhh animated statues.

Drugs.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Commander Jones is controlling the whole world through drugs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Commander Jones is controlling the whole world through drugs.

Holy poo poo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok AmGay I take it back the game isn't rear end. It's really weird to control and very unforgiving but it's fairly fun and it actually gets better and weirder as it goes on. That being said I played on easy and I don't think I'll be doing the stage 1 pacifist challenge lol. All in all I'd agree with TLD that it's about a 3/5 game with some nice graphics and music

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:hai:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ok AmGay I take it back the game isn't rear end. It's really weird to control and very unforgiving but it's fairly fun and it actually gets better and weirder as it goes on. That being said I played on easy and I don't think I'll be doing the stage 1 pacifist challenge lol. All in all I'd agree with TLD that it's about a 3/5 game with some nice graphics and music

nice, just do the stage 1 challenge though, its actually interesting

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

if you can beat the game you can definitely do the pacifist challenge, it's not as hard as it sounds

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

if you can beat the game you can definitely do the pacifist challenge, it's not as hard as it sounds

this. i got it in one continue.

the pacifist challenge was 10x more fun than the rest of the game lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just tried the pacifist challenge and game overed with the bomb at 11:59 and I think I need to rethink my life

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just tried the pacifist challenge and game overed with the bomb at 11:59 and I think I need to rethink my life

lmfao rough

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i cant remember which ng3 i put on my everdrive but ill play that one

I am going to play Ninja Gaiden 3 (US)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
can a mod update the thread title to [Ninja Gaiden 3 (NES) - 1991 - Deadline 2/22/22 11:59PM EST]

thank you

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

good luck gamer, I'll be playing the japanese one lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

good luck gamer, I'll be playing the japanese one lol

Same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Japanese version here as well, I tried to US version when it first got added to switch and it was too hosed up. Real fun game though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
forgot how floaty ryu is in this game

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Starting on the Japanese version. Let's go

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

drat these graphics are good for the NES

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
got up to about stage 3-2 on my first continue in the jp version. pretty fun and feels quite a bit easier than the previous imp club games... i'm sure i'll eat those words in time.

Joan posted:

drat these graphics are good for the NES
yeah, jeez, this game's using every piece of the buffalo that was the aging nes hardware. pretty hilarious how much worse a lot of modern retro-style indie games look in comparison...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/570/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5309/

linked by a friend, in case you dont want to deal with the us version's bullshit and still want to read text

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The Kins posted:

neat choice

here's a pair of rom hacks that reverts 99% of the difficulty changes (quicksand is a bit different) in the us version, so you can have the jp balance/passwords/continues with the english text, should that be a thing you care for

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Kins posted:

got up to about stage 3-2 on my first continue in the jp version. pretty fun and feels quite a bit easier than the previous imp club games... i'm sure i'll eat those words in time.

yeah, jeez, this game's using every piece of the buffalo that was the aging nes hardware. pretty hilarious how much worse a lot of modern retro-style indie games look in comparison...

lol, ninja gaiden games always trick you with the early stages when you hear about how hard they are

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i could easily beat this, bro

Arfjason easily beats first 2 stages wiith no continues

I have easily beaten the game.

ArfJason posted:

this game sucks loving balls

ArfJason posted:

i did it in like 20 minutes or soimething. now to beat this pile of poo poo and get the regular trophy

: It was the US version but with the romhack that restores the japanese difficulty. it counts because i say it does.

pretty fun, good music, and amazing graphics, but even this easier version has some seriously stupid moments, especially on the last stage. One thing that blows balls is that I got several runs where i did all the last stage sections in one life but the timer clearly wasnt balanced around really long uninterrupted runs so it punishes you for doing good there, especially given that it has 3 bosses back to back at the end. And for fucks sake that final stage goes nuts with the fuckin fast flying bug things. Theres a section with disappearing platforms and bugs that is completely miserable and all of this makes me definitely not want to try the US version that has limited continues.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

i dont read every post. now die.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
starting this today, haven't played NG besides 1 and Black in forever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Same. I got distracted last year after I beat the first two games, I think I got one game over on act 4 or so and never went back.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Started this today and got up to stage 6 so far. This game is sweet, I think I've only played NG 1 and 2 before

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Beat the Japanese version. The controls were refreshing after Viper and it was a lot of fun. But the whole time I was thinking about how much of a grind the same parts would be in the American version where your continues take you back to the first stage in the act and there are more enemies

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

beat the first two stages deathless, ready to get demolished by hubris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
this game is really good