Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hey, new XCOM LP from Jade and Guava! Last episode was almost literally a blast, can't wait for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Wanted to say that I'm fully caught up and enjoying this LP a lot.

As far as pose packs go, I'm fond of the community pose pack that adds a bunch of poses from different video games as well as just a bunch of generally fun poses, but I think there might be too much going on with them to suit the LP.

I wish I could try the Bieber Balls but the closest Tim Horton's is in NYC and I'm not even sure the American ones would have them.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jade Star posted:

Answering questions like this would require me to have a long term memory.

Thankfully I record everything i do so I can check the tapes.

The bonus does say 'scan sites' which may be mechanically different than the sites to contact the resistance. However, even if we just take that as true for the sake of things, it wouldn't explain why contacting Europe went from 6 days to 12 days.

It really just is another 'fix your game Jake' moment.

Yeah I would agree, I've never seen 12 day contact times. But I've also never let that event that slows them down fire.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

My theory on scan times was contacting a region didn't get halved when you got the buff, but it wore off and DOUBLED the contact time.

Jake, fix your game.

Pretty sure the legendary resistance member was using the JA2 voicepack. Though that's soley based on the audio quality.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Veloxyll posted:

Pretty sure the legendary resistance member was using the JA2 voicepack. Though that's soley based on the audio quality.

Does no one watch the video to the very end? Between this and some youtube comments of the same, I'm starting to think no one watches videos to the end and that makes me sad cause I put in editing :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
hosed up that they killed Bandit Kieth like that.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Jade Star posted:

Does no one watch the video to the very end? Between this and some youtube comments of the same, I'm starting to think no one watches videos to the end and that makes me sad cause I put in editing :(

Sorry... It's a bit tedious to sit through the propaganda poster editing after a while...

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Jade Star posted:

i did and appreciated it even though i still have no idea what that reference is <3

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Boat Stuck posted:

Sorry... It's a bit tedious to sit through the propaganda poster editing after a while...

I had been worried about that. Trying to do those as fast as I could if i didn't have a snappy thing to punch in right away.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just cut them imo, unless someone in the game/commentary/thread does something deserving.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Some people really like 'em, some may want to skip. Also those that only watch on youtube wouldn't see them if i cut them entirely and only posted the thumbnails. I'm not sure what the happy medium is, but for now I'm just going to edit the videos to clip out the decision making process so it should only take 5 seconds a poster instead of 30.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i like seeing the posters get made and it gives more time for jade/guava banter too

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
You could just do a collage of them over the closing commentary.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
also can you add a Bieber Balls counter to the videos so we can track just how many times guava brings those up

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Ablative posted:

You could just do a collage of them over the closing commentary.

This is a good idea if editing it in isn't a pain in the rear end.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Jade Star posted:

I did. I just missed the tiny quiet In America at the end.

It's a shame that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw wasn't particularly good with how fun Rebel Galaxy og was.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I was wondering why Bandit Keith showed up because I pretty sure I missed the "In America" as well but had a hunch it was that.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Jade Star posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh don't know what you are talking about.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I like watching the posters get made. It's not even like Guava spends a lot time editing. I say leave it in.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

biosterous posted:

i like seeing the posters get made and it gives more time for jade/guava banter too

:yeah: Keep it in!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

How hard is it to put in a Youtube bookmark to skip that section? That would please everyone I think.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Holy crap. I loved the way that the aliens in rebel galaxy spoke some weird language with subtitles, rather than just English. I noticed that it did seem pretty structured and containing a bunch of words that sounded similar to English but not full-on loan words, which made me suspicious that it wasn't just random syllables.
OK, so I sometimes skip the propaganda postering if I'm not feeling in the mood, but I really appreciated that little tidbit. And now I'm wondering whether it's insensitive/problematic to the Swedish or whichever people's language was butchered into "alien".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Crazy Achmed posted:

And now I'm wondering whether it's insensitive/problematic to the Swedish or whichever people's language was butchered into "alien".

I'm sure that wasn't the first time that another language was slightly mangled to sound alien, so I'm not sure I'd call it insensitive as more as kinda clever.
It obfuscates the origins better than when Nien Nunb in ROTJ spoke Kikuyu for example. Which is a dialect in Kenya.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I had to google it, and it can be googled. You're apparently famous by google standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4aB1Dw7KY

Edit: I wanted to post in this thread more but I got sidetracked by like 5 other things. At episode 7 right now.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 18, 2022

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I heard Tim Horton's has retired Bieber Balls for a new celebrity tie in:

https://imgur.com/a/ZkdyQfi

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

XeeD posted:

I heard Tim Horton's has retired Bieber Balls for a new celebrity tie in:

https://imgur.com/a/ZkdyQfi

There no way Jade gets this joke. That's why I love it!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GuavaMoment posted:

Absolutely no clue why that's funny or what it's trying to convey.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

GuavaMoment posted:

Sure is flat...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jade Star posted:

even I know what corner gas is

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Did you know that even though forum avatars can be 180x180, the rightmost pixel gets cut off, making the real limit 179x180? I do now!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

you lied to me guava

you lied

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jade Star posted:

By the way, here's the reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corner_Gas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Butt

well, see ya

Psion fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 19, 2022

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Sometimes you think you can get all fancy and do things in a super awesome and neat way, even if you really don't need to. This is one of those days.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Ciaphas Cain had a normal repeater, I think the 3 damage miss was because of the Assassin weakness that she took more damage from multiple attacks in a round.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Another good example of why Skirmishers are my favorite of the new classes.

Also, chatty cat providing co-commentary.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Bremen posted:

Ciaphas Cain had a normal repeater, I think the 3 damage miss was because of the Assassin weakness that she took more damage from multiple attacks in a round.

Repeaters are instant kill chances.

Cain had a Superior Stock which does 3 1 dmg on a miss.

edit, went back and checked the tapes. musta forgot what cain had. Interesting if Bewildered counts stock hits.
edit again; Orrr does he have a superior stock, and the 1 dmg i saw on the mech was due to armor.

I should just load it up and check his gear.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 21, 2022

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Gul Duchatty

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ciaphas gets a stock, a repeater and now a hair trigger. I await the shenanigans that the Hero of the Imperium will be getting up to. :allears:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Following a signal to find Feldspar and going to Dark Bramble.

Also gently caress giant space fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm surprised you haven't named Ciaphas' gun to help keep track of it with how many upgrades it's gotten.