Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
My resume is still in the first draft, but I've typed up a list of bullet points I want to include under my job. Can you help tear this apart so I can have a resume worth sending out? I'd much rather have my resume shredded to pieces here than the HR department's paper shredder.

A little bit about me: My background is in healthcare and I want to break into software testing or customer success. In case my plans to try and break into these fields don't pan out, I am currently studying for the A+ examination so I can use a helpdesk job as a jump off point. This is the only real job I've had worth mentioning, so it's going to be a bit hefty. Fortunately, I was part of a smaller clinic with only 2 other associates when I started out, so I had a chance to try on many different hats. Unfortunately, I'm having a horrible time trying to phrase certain things without sounding overly mechanical, like I copy pasted keywords from a template.

• Administered treatment for up to 20 patients a day, utilizing multiple treatment rooms to maximize clinic productivity.
  • Documented and filed detailed medical records to follow HIPAA compliance and ensure the highest quality of care possible.
  • Educated patients and healthcare professionals by authoring an educational pamphlet and organizing a lecture series about cardiac health and diet. Should I start this line off with authored instead? Wasn't sure which word had more oomph
  • Taught multiple continuing education classes to train other healthcare professionals on topics ranging from HIPAA compliance protocol to ethics.
  • Handled all documentation requests for the clinic, searching through the patient database to retrieve relevant documentation.
  • Streamlined intake process to reduce waiting room time.
  • Guided new hires through the onboarding process to ensure quality control and facilitate a smooth transition.
  • Spearheaded online marketing efforts by hiring SEO managers and creating a website to educate potential patients, leading to an increase in patient count.
  • Fielded all calls and inquiries from potential patients seeking more information.
  • Generated new leads for the clinic referral network by reaching out to new clinics in the region as a representative.

Trickortreat fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
why not separate authorship from delivery

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trickortreat posted:

My resume is still in the first draft, but I've typed up a list of bullet points I want to include under my job. Can you help tear this apart so I can have a resume worth sending out? I'd much rather have my resume shredded to pieces here than the HR department's paper shredder.

A little bit about me: My background is in healthcare and I want to break into software testing or customer success. In case my plans to try and break into these fields don't pan out, I am currently studying for the A+ examination so I can use a helpdesk job as a jump off point. This is the only real job I've had worth mentioning, so it's going to be a bit hefty. Fortunately, I was part of a smaller clinic with only 2 other associates when I started out, so I had a chance to try on many different hats. Unfortunately, I'm having a horrible time trying to phrase certain things without sounding overly mechanical, like I copy pasted keywords from a template.

• Administered treatment for up to 20 patients a day, utilizing multiple treatment rooms to maximize clinic productivity.
  • Documented and filed detailed medical records to follow HIPAA compliance and ensure the highest quality of care possible.
  • Educated patients and healthcare professionals by authoring an educational pamphlet and organizing a lecture series about cardiac health and diet. Should I start this line off with authored instead? Wasn't sure which word had more oomph
  • Taught multiple continuing education classes to train other healthcare professionals on topics ranging from HIPAA compliance protocol to ethics.
  • Handled all documentation requests for the clinic, searching through the patient database to retrieve relevant documentation.
  • Streamlined intake process to reduce waiting room time.
  • Guided new hires through the onboarding process to ensure quality control and facilitate a smooth transition.
  • Spearheaded online marketing efforts by hiring SEO managers and creating a website to educate potential patients, leading to an increase in patient count.
  • Fielded all calls and inquiries from potential patients seeking more information.
  • Generated new leads for the clinic referral network by reaching out to new clinics in the region as a representative.

Overall, it's not bad.

We need more context here, so :justpost: the resume. Particularly, what does background in healthcare mean? Front desk, MA, LPN, RN, NP, MD?

Buzzwords are noise. Use not utilize.

Also software test engineering is boring, almost as boring as it's brother, software QA...so be aware of that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

god utilize pisses me off so much

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I see a good start for a CSM resume, not much meat on the bones for a Software Testing one.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

god utilize pisses me off so much

Would you say you proactively utilize stakeholder resumes to deliver cost effective effluence removal?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

utilize deez nuts

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

utilize deez nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBw0gDS1_FU&t=30s

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

CarForumPoster posted:

Overall, it's not bad.

We need more context here, so :justpost: the resume. Particularly, what does background in healthcare mean? Front desk, MA, LPN, RN, NP, MD?

Buzzwords are noise. Use not utilize.

Also software test engineering is boring, almost as boring as it's brother, software QA...so be aware of that.
I will definitely post the resume once I am done with it, but I'm still playing around with different templates. To answer your question, I worked as a licensed acupuncturist.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

My girlfriend has been interviewing for quite a while and not having much luck landing something. When she gets rejected she usually asks for feedback but I don't think she typically gets any. I assume employers don't like giving feedback for the same reason they no longer like doing anything but confirming past employment duration? Anything she can do to try and sus out where she's falling short?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

My girlfriend has been interviewing for quite a while and not having much luck landing something. When she gets rejected she usually asks for feedback but I don't think she typically gets any. I assume employers don't like giving feedback for the same reason they no longer like doing anything but confirming past employment duration? Anything she can do to try and sus out where she's falling short?

Or get someone who hires for roles like that to do a mock interview

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Did she go to a university, can she use their career department for advice / mock interviews?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Inner Light posted:

Did she go to a university, can she use their career department for advice / mock interviews?

Have you tried this and had good results? I've seen a ton of bad advice from university career development centers ITT.

It needs to be someone who actually hires people, preferably people in that industry, not an individual contributor following a playbook.

EDIT: I remembered the post that made me form this opinion:

bee posted:

Since I'm really not liking my job, and I don't seem to be getting anywhere trying to break into the field I'm actually qualified for, I decided to use the careers counselling service offered by my university.

After explaining to the counsellor where I've worked since graduation, and that I would prefer to be moving away from front line service roles, my counsellor asked if I'd be interested in working at a recruitment agency or disability employment services. I said no, because I hate cold calling/sales, so then she recommended that I start cold calling the companies I might want to work for, asking to speak to their HR manager, and then tell them that I'm really interested in the work they do and that I want to know more about it. Then just start talking about what skills I have that align with what they've just said. "Don't ask them outright if they're hiring" she said, but "just put yourself out there a bit! But on the phone since you can't do this in person at the moment!"

:gonk:

just 10/10 advice there career counselor

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 15, 2022

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah I suppose there must be someone in a university career department somewhere who's a retired longtime hiring manager, but it's long odds against. It's almost always people who have never been interviewed for anything above entry level/academia in their lives, and have never interviewed a candidate in their lives, and thus have no useful advice to give.

Posting a redacted resume and a description of the jobs she's been interviewing us would help us identify if there's a mismatch there.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Really reminds me of careers advice I got in school which amounted to "if you know someone in the field ask them if you can take them for coffee and pick their brain on breaking into the industry". Really made it clear that it was how they got their job, and they had great success in the following decades telling private school kids to go get a job from dad or his friends in the bank. Not so great for anyone who wasn't paying their way to be there though.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
University career center quality can vary for sure, but I wouldn't dismiss them all before you've tried, especially since they're free. Speaking as someone who 1) works at a university career center 2) with a hiring manager background 3) who also has a private career coaching business. Many of my coworkers also have private coaching businesses and/or have industry experience for the programs we specialize in. Many university career services are free for alums, so I recommend at least giving them a shot if you want some help and don't want to pay a private coach. It can work excellently in conjunction with making connections within your industry so you have a professional currently employed in the field you're looking for jobs in to provide those industry-specific details and tips.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Arquinsiel posted:

Really reminds me of careers advice I got in school which amounted to "if you know someone in the field ask them if you can take them for coffee and pick their brain on breaking into the industry". Really made it clear that it was how they got their job, and they had great success in the following decades telling private school kids to go get a job from dad or his friends in the bank. Not so great for anyone who wasn't paying their way to be there though.

This isn't bad advice though, lots of people come here and don't realize things like "Your resume needs to say what you can do" or "you are applying for the completely wrong jobs". Talking to someone in an industry that you want to work in can be very valuable, mostly because most new grads/entry-level-job-seekers don't even know what they don't know yet.

That's not necessarily how you get a job though. Cold calling into a company is a dumb idea. But getting yourself out of the "You are presenting yourself in a way that won't get you considered" basement is pretty important for a bunch of people.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's terrible advice when given regardless of whether or not the person you're talking to has reason to know anyone in those fields. When I was growing up social mobility in Ireland was a new thing we were just trying out for the first time.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I mean, that's how I got my last job in finance, just asking people for informational interviews and chit chatting for a half hour about what the job is like. I didn't know anyone in the field beforehand, but maybe I just got lucky?

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Could I get some feedback on my resume, please? I will be applying to customer success positions. Would I gain any tangible benefit from listing that A+ Certification in progress? I don't see how the A+ certificate would help me in customer success, so I'm thinking about deleting it.

https://pdfhost.io/v/Lk.vsWhLK_Copy_Resume
Edit: Caught a little spacing error in the side panel and fixed it.

Trickortreat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 16, 2022

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Having an A+ cert is midly useful in CSM because it means you can talk techy talk when you need, but if its in progress I probably wouldn't list it yet.

Your skills are the softest of soft though, do you have anything harder you can list there? I guess going from acupuncture there won't be a ton of non-specific things.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trickortreat posted:

Could I get some feedback on my resume, please? I will be applying to customer success positions. Would I gain any tangible benefit from listing that A+ Certification in progress? I don't see how the A+ certificate would help me in customer success, so I'm thinking about deleting it.

Edit: Caught a little spacing error in the side panel and fixed it.

One thing you could add is stating the raison d'etre of the customer success role. Reducing churn, increasing net revenue expansion.

I’d suggest indicating in your top blurb how your healthcare organization, productivity and people skills will keep customers coming back and keep them adding on to the services supplied by your company.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 16, 2022

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trickortreat posted:

Double posting because I came back to it later to give more advice and the Doctor of Acupuncture degree threw me for a loop. Also I am assuming you're in the USA. This advice might not apply outside of the USA.

Why are you switching from being an acupuncturist to a CSM role?

IMO, you need a TIGHT story on why you're making this switch. It should be positive in tone, short, not feel like you're hiding anything. That you got a doctorate in acupuncture, entered the field with it, then are exiting that field is sus. That said, I'd prob still interview you for a CSM role. Hiring new sales people is awful. IMO you tailor that experience towards the skills a CSM needs reasonably well, and a lot of the competition are going to be retail-experience-only college kids.

If I see that someone has a graduate degree in anything science/math-adjacent from a school not ranked by USNews it's a red flag. An MBA from Strayer or Jacksonville Univsity is a negative, for example. Now this person has a doctorate, is practicing in their field, and they're applying for entry level CSM roles? Red flag. That the doctorate is technical in nature and only taught by schools that I've never heard of is even stranger. It makes me suspicious this is like...a doctorate of auto mechanicness. That may be ignorant and unfair, but I bet I am not the only person who will read your resume, see a doctorate in a field not offered by any state school, and not understand.

Did you get an undergrad degree? What school? Drop the master's for your bachelor's if its a school people have heard of.

That you worked treating 20 people per day as an acupuncturist should be driven home IMO.
Change first line to: "Provided acupuncture and other services for 15-20 clients per day, emphasizing client satisfaction". Your job is not to be as efficient as possible, and if you're seeing 20/day you're clearly already being pretty efficient. A CSM usually needs to prevent churn, increase current client revenue. Keeping clients happy is how you should start.
Move "Grew referral network" up to the 2nd bullet.

Did you work before 2016? Include one liners for previous jobs. Tighten up the white spacing if needed. For someone with a weird degree, youre gonna need to mitigate other risks as much as possible. That you stayed at one place for 4 years is a very good sign. If you have some other jobs to establish work history that MAY, depending on the details, show that you're reliable and okay to work with enough that people keep you around a while. That's hard to find in sales.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

Lockback posted:

Your skills are the softest of soft though, do you have anything harder you can list there? I guess going from acupuncture there won't be a ton of non-specific things.
I'm afraid that's the best I could come up with after brainstorming for days. I guess there's a reason I'm studying for the A+ certification as a backup plan. I know it's a long shot, which is why I'm here for help.

quote:

Why are you switching from being an acupuncturist to a CSM role? If I see that someone has a graduate degree in anything science/math-adjacent from a school not ranked by USNews it's a red flag. An MBA from Strayer or Jacksonville Univsity is a negative, for example. Now this person has a doctorate, is practicing in their field, and they're applying for entry level CSM roles? Red flag. That the doctorate is technical in nature and only taught by schools that I've never heard of is even stranger. It makes me suspicious this is like...a doctorate of auto mechanicness.
I got burnt out because of the pandemic, and no longer wish to work in healthcare. Is this something that should be addressed in my cover letter? I didn't want to mention the pandemic in the resume because why would you mention that?

quote:

That may be ignorant and unfair
Not at all! I posted my resume here to get opinions from outside of my circle of influence. To explain my education, I met the minimum number of hours to start my master's program and saw no reason to finish out undergrad. After my master's program, I passed all my board exams and became licensed through my state's medical board. The doctorate program was a natural progression as a licensed acupuncturist. It's not lost on me that a doctorate in acupuncture doesn't mean much if anything in a CSM role.

quote:

That you worked treating 20 people per day as an acupuncturist should be driven home IMO.
Change first line to: "Provided acupuncture and other services for 15-20 clients per day, emphasizing client satisfaction". Your job is not to be as efficient as possible, and if you're seeing 20/day you're clearly already being pretty efficient. A CSM usually needs to prevent churn, increase current client revenue. Keeping clients happy is how you should start.
Move "Grew referral network" up to the 2nd bullet.
This is all great advice! I will definitely utilize all of your points. I wasn't familiar with the term churn before looking into CSM, but as soon as I read it, it reminded me of all the meetings we had about patient retention and referral networking.

quote:

Did you work before 2016? Include one liners for previous jobs. Tighten up the white spacing if needed. For someone with a weird degree, youre gonna need to mitigate other risks as much as possible. That you stayed at one place for 4 years is a very good sign. If you have some other jobs to establish work history that MAY, depending on the details, show that you're reliable and okay to work with enough that people keep you around a while. That's hard to find in sales.
I worked as a street vendor while I was in grad school, then worked for my parent's mom and pop shop while I was getting situated. So, nothing worth mentioning. Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback! It's very much appreciated.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trickortreat posted:

I'm afraid that's the best I could come up with after brainstorming for days. I guess there's a reason I'm studying for the A+ certification as a backup plan. I know it's a long shot, which is why I'm here for help.

I got burnt out because of the pandemic, and no longer wish to work in healthcare. Is this something that should be addressed in my cover letter? I didn't want to mention the pandemic in the resume because why would you mention that?

Maybe. Be careful with wording. I’d not include a cover letter unless they ask. You wanna tell your story verbally.

That said I could see a one sentence, switching from healthcare to CSM due to pandemic narrative as “making sense”. Follow immediately with why you’re excited about ___.

Also, you can drop the masters in acupuncture, adds nothing to a doctorate in same. If you were at the mom and pop >1yr I’d still include it and other jobs as a one liner. You’re trying to burn down risks so you get multiple offers. Sales jobs can vary wildly in quality best to have multiple options.

Also check out work at a startup, you’ll sometimes find startups often more accommodating of people with varied career progressions.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

moana posted:

I mean, that's how I got my last job in finance, just asking people for informational interviews and chit chatting for a half hour about what the job is like. I didn't know anyone in the field beforehand, but maybe I just got lucky?
It's probably location dependant as to how viable it is, but this was advice given to people leaving the equivalent of high-school at a time when going to college was a new thing that people could afford to do.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

CarForumPoster posted:

Maybe. Be careful with wording. I’d not include a cover letter unless they ask. You wanna tell your story verbally.

That said I could see a one sentence, switching from healthcare to CSM due to pandemic narrative as “making sense”. Follow immediately with why you’re excited about ___.

Also, you can drop the masters in acupuncture, adds nothing to a doctorate in same. If you were at the mom and pop >1yr I’d still include it and other jobs as a one liner. You’re trying to burn down risks so you get multiple offers. Sales jobs can vary wildly in quality best to have multiple options.

Also check out work at a startup, you’ll sometimes find startups often more accommodating of people with varied career progressions.
Funny enough, I've also been advised to write a cover letter so hiring managers can understand why anyone would want to go from poking people with needles to CSM. I wanted to keep the masters on the resume on account of I needed that master's degree to get my acupuncture license, so it's an integral degree to my work. However, to make room, I've moved it to the side bar. Good enough compromise?

Like I said, I worked for my parent's mom and pop shop, so I was a jack of all trades, but I tried to shave it down to duties that would have some relevancy in CSM. I did work for them for most of my life (as any of you who grew up with mom and pop shop setting know), but I put down the starting date as 2008, because that's when I took more of an active role.

https://pdfhost.io/v/C2fO~36TK_Internet_Copy
Either way, here is the new and improved revised edition of my resume. Is it any better?

VVVVVV Editing to answer so I don't flood this thread: I am indeed a native speaker! I placed it in its own section in the sidebar, should I move it? Would something as easy as changing the header from Language to Language Proficiency do the trick?

Trickortreat fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 16, 2022

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Are you fluent or native in Korean? If so, add that qualifier too. That might be a big boon in a CSM role.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Trickortreat posted:

Funny enough, I've also been advised to write a cover letter so hiring managers can understand why anyone would want to go from poking people with needles to CSM. [...]
https://pdfhost.io/v/C2fO~36TK_Internet_Copy
Either way, here is the new and improved revised edition of my resume. Is it any better?

VVVVVV Editing to answer so I don't flood this thread: I am indeed a native speaker! I placed it in its own section in the sidebar, should I move it? Would something as easy as changing the header from Language to Language Proficiency do the trick?

Yea the cover letter can go either way. You def need one for when they're requested. A well written cover letter probably won't hurt you, but keep it concise, positive. Someone should see it and go "yea that makes sense now".

I've not hired a CSM but I have hired inside sales people, so similar talent pool. This would be in my top 25% of applicants, and would get interviewed. For a healthcare-related CSM role, for example at a healthcare software company or consultancy firm, I'd think you'd be a top candidate.

The things that are good:
Bilingual (For international products)
Steady job history
Data shows customer focus
Simple to read
Education

For language, try:
English (native)
Korean (native)

Nitpicky: Move "Communication" to bottom of skills. Skills should be ordered from "provides most useful data" to "least useful data". Everyone says they have communication as a skill, so its just keyword stuffing. It provides no info except for getting through filters. Public speaking and client education show some thoughtfulness about the job requirements, those should be first. HIPAA is a good idea too because you may be applying to be a CSM at an EMR company, for example.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

CarForumPoster posted:

Think about what your story is.

[...]

You want to be unique...but more like 1 in 1,000 unique...not 1 in a 1,000,000 unique.

I've made some changes to how I'm presenting the info to show a more coherent story and remove some of the bullshit smells. I worked with Danny in the resume help thread for a few sessions to make some changes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FrAu5S3mJFtCEZZf3J3QoOgctL7ZJhbE/view?usp=sharing

The biggest changes are getting rid of the summary section and skills section, instead attaching the technologies used to specific roles.

Instead of a summary, I'm trying to let my experience tell the story:

I've always been a technical person, I've studied CS at university but I explored being a lawyer instead for 10 years. In my last lawyer job, I started delivering some software applications and technical projects and then decided to go all in on software dev in 2019. I took a boot camp and entered and won several hackathons. Since then I've been working as a developer and a boot camp mentor.

JD conversion is on the way.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

I had a recruiter reach out to me about a 3 month contract to hire data sci position. The position is 100% remote but would require me to live in Colorado. She said they didn't quite have a salary range in mind and to let me know my range (I didn't give a number or anything). I asked her for the job description and she sent over a word doc with no salary listed. This isn't "one weird trick" to avoid disclosing the salary is it? I went on their website and the specific job wasn't listed but a similar one was and the salary was posted there so I think I am going to ask for that + a markup

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Just say you're interested in learning more and you'll get back to her on that detail when you've learned more.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Colorado has to disclose the salary on job postings, she's probably recruiting for that similar job and is playing some kind of game.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

I am a somewhat senior customer success person (who transitioned from academia) and the things I look for in a resume for an entry level position are: evidence of working with people, communication skills, evidence of analytical thinking, evidence of attention to detail, and an understanding that its a client facing service role.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

CarForumPoster posted:

Yea the cover letter can go either way. You def need one for when they're requested. A well written cover letter probably won't hurt you, but keep it concise, positive. Someone should see it and go "yea that makes sense now".

I've not hired a CSM but I have hired inside sales people, so similar talent pool. This would be in my top 25% of applicants, and would get interviewed. For a healthcare-related CSM role, for example at a healthcare software company or consultancy firm, I'd think you'd be a top candidate.

Thanks for the constructive feedback! I've updated my resume and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I've fired up my job hunting spread sheet and started the process of applying. I really appreciate all of y'alls help!

Upgrade posted:

I am a somewhat senior customer success person (who transitioned from academia) and the things I look for in a resume for an entry level position are: evidence of working with people, communication skills, evidence of analytical thinking, evidence of attention to detail, and an understanding that its a client facing service role.
These are some really great tips! I did some research about what it takes to become a successful customer success person (try saying that three times fast), and tried to figure out which of my skill sets carried over. If you have a moment, would you mind giving me some feedback on my resume? I would really appreciate some feedback from someone who is well established in the industry. What would your thoughts be if this came in through your inbox? I tried to throw in some industry terminology- does it sound natural?

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Trickortreat posted:

Thanks for the constructive feedback! I've updated my resume and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I've fired up my job hunting spread sheet and started the process of applying. I really appreciate all of y'alls help!

These are some really great tips! I did some research about what it takes to become a successful customer success person (try saying that three times fast), and tried to figure out which of my skill sets carried over. If you have a moment, would you mind giving me some feedback on my resume? I would really appreciate some feedback from someone who is well established in the industry. What would your thoughts be if this came in through your inbox? I tried to throw in some industry terminology- does it sound natural?

This part reads a bit clunky to me: "increase perceived value and reduce churn."

I think what you're really saying is

"Oversaw a caseload of [x clients], focused on [some words to describe a positive experience/interaction]"

Do you have any specific metrics of customer experience/how well you performed you can reference/outcomes??

Upgrade fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 19, 2022

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

Upgrade posted:

This part reads a bit clunky to me: "increase perceived value and reduce churn."

I think what you're really saying is

"Oversaw a caseload of [x clients], focused on [some words to describe a positive experience/interaction]"

Do you have any specific metrics of customer experience/how well you performed you can reference/outcomes??
Does "Managed a caseload of 15-20 clients a day, focusing on providing the best possible customer experience." parse better?

I, unfortunately, do not have any access to any clinic data. The best I can come up with is the clinic website, which I made from scratch because the old one was terrible in every way. I played a key role in increasing the patient count (enough to bring on three new associates who I trained- 2 of them burned out in the first couple of months though). I was actually supposed to head up a new branch of the clinic before the pandemic derailed everything, but I feel like that's more of a conversation for my therapist. Definitely not for the hiring manager. Thank you for the feedback!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I joined a small biotech startup 6-7 months ago.

Since then, every 2 months or so someone that really motivated me to join initially has left.

Whatever they're going after bigger things and have been there a while so I'm happy for those folks.

I was in a pretty low spot this last time someone took off and answered a recruiter and applied to another job where someone had reached out earlier this week.

I've got two interviews on Tuesday and I don't really care to go through with them anymore after thinking about it. The positions are lateral moves (based on phone calls with the hiring managers) at best, but might be a 5% raise with some reduced responsibilities.

Any tactful way to decline at this point? Just say I'm not interested? Definitely over thinking it.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 19, 2022

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Can I recommend you do it anyway just to see and for practice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

If you go through with the interview, you’ll 100% get practice and either be surprised and want to continue with the process or determine it’s not for you.

If you don’t go through the process, nothing happens.

That said, I have backed out of interviews that I just wasn’t feeling (looking at you, Meta…)