Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Demon Slayer...is good!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i felt like s1 toned down the weird potato faces from the manga so i was glad to see them be pretty prominent this season

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
tiny nezuko taxiing wounded tanjiro across the entire battlefield was an amazing way to end the season

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
What a great end to the season. Gf was really concerned uzui and inosuke would die like Rengoku. The way she saw it, any character who was at all aspirational or good aside from Tanjiro and Nezuko would be offed. While I know exactly what happens, I’m glad she’s wrong, for her sake.
Was really hard to not say anything while the arc played out though. To me, the dynamic of the upper six duo vs. tanjiro and nezuko is just such a great payoff - I couldn’t say anything about the resolution at all until it was done.
Tanjiro is still such a good boy.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
God drat it, that scene of Tanjiro and the Upper Moon siblings got me again. I cried when I first read it in the manga and now the anime just made it worse for me

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
nezuko really living up to her namesake this episode. also the backstory exposition on the demon siblings had me tearing up.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Maybe I missed a lore dump somewhere but I thought the Upper Moons had never been beaten before? How was there another Upper Moon 6 in the flashback?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

dipwood posted:

Maybe I missed a lore dump somewhere but I thought the Upper Moons had never been beaten before? How was there another Upper Moon 6 in the flashback?

I assume they can advance in rank depending on accomplishments and furthering their strength.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dipwood posted:

The Upper Ranks have not changed for over a Hundred Years. They have been beaten before, but not within living human memory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

dipwood posted:

Turns out that guy is a huge loser who died in such a lame way that not even the Demon Slayer Corps count his death as a victory.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

dipwood posted:

Got caught makin fun of the Michael Jackson outfit

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
So is the next arc starting next week or do we have to wait?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

SchrodingersCat posted:

Wouldn't expect it till at least Fall season (October).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SchrodingersCat posted:

Next arc is coming later at an undisclosed date.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The true secret technique of the Sound Breath...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJvkeFdPyY

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

A good time overall, though I'm not fond of the extreme fight scene time compression that the series has (mostly) avoided so far. Nezuko got some time in the sun, even if her bits of dialogue were only in flashback.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Madurai posted:

A good time overall, though I'm not fond of the extreme fight scene time compression that the series has (mostly) avoided so far. Nezuko got some time in the sun, even if her bits of dialogue were only in flashback.

Don't give Nezuko time in the sun you loving monster, what the gently caress is wrong with you, you want her to burn????

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Fight scenes were good but everything else loving sucked, after such a good first season now we got harem ninja with honking bazongas wearing no clothes and all this loving crying jesus christ so much loving whiny bullshit, is this how the rest of the manga is? Becuase sheeeeesh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Koirhor posted:

Fight scenes were good but everything else loving sucked, after such a good first season now we got harem ninja with honking bazongas wearing no clothes and all this loving crying jesus christ so much loving whiny bullshit, is this how the rest of the manga is? Becuase sheeeeesh

God you suck.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Koirhor posted:

So what you're telling us is, you hate good things.

One of the things I like about KnY is all these motherfuckers clearly have some level of PTSD and aren't just dusting off their arms and going "just as planned".

You're going to hate Kanroji.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Crying is good, actually.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Koirhor posted:

Ninja please

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The guy that can't stop talking about being flashy loves to honk big bazongas??? No way!!!!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
One wife did look like inosuke with longer hair tho

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Leave Zenko Alone

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

One wife did look like inosuke with longer hair tho

I noticed that, and it was funny as hell that she was also the crybaby.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I thought that it was purposeful that the three wives were obviously pastiches of the three characters. Could just be author draws characters that look similar though (yellow hair, crybaby, mature level headed one)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I mentioned it before but I love how chunky the tears are in this show. If tears were that big IRL you'd die of dehydration if you cried too much.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Koirhor posted:

man this is certainly a take

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I know I sucked my tears back into my eyeballs as a 14 year-old man.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
After all, the only organ allowed to cry is the dong.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's weird that after this there's basically only two arcs left.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fabricated posted:

And like half the manga's chapters lol.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fabricated posted:

Huh, I've heard people call the manga's ending a disappointment, but yeah that sounds pretty rushed.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I will always champion the ending.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The ending loving rules

It's just that everything leading up to it is rushed as hell. Rushed in the sense that the characters you'd think would get developed never really get much development and instead it's just fight after fight after fight and people running into eachother, to fight while we get bombed with someones backstory in like 2 pages inbetween fights

Which like, is cool. And will definitely be cool with this level of animation. But also, a lot of missed opportunities tbh

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fabricated posted:

This seems fair IMO. I don't know how much more of this Tanjiro can take.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Mordja posted:

Huh, I've heard people call the manga's ending a disappointment, but yeah that sounds pretty rushed.

Well you know how in a typical shounen the heroes would be confronting all of the BBEGs generals in sequence, sometimes having multiple bouts with them, until some final confrontation where only the BBEG and their most powerful general are left?

KnY first compacted that timetable by having Muzan himself off a third of his demon generals. Since there's 5 Upper Moons and 2 story arcs left, it's no secret to say it's going to get squished further.

It still all works out well, has an actual conclusion rather than abrupt cut, and some of the best fights are still ahead but it *is* rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Mordja posted:

When you read it in one sitting it makes a lot more sense with how the show/manga handles the characters and tries to move away from shounen tropes.

MANGA: Muzan is just as tired of this poo poo as the Demon Slayer Corps.