Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mozi posted:

uh you're forgetting about a certain action/adventure star named TOM CRUISE :rolleyes:

That reminds me. According to some leaks (which the source has been nearly 100% accurate) Dr. Strange 2 is going to feature a cameo of Tom Cruise as a Tony Stark/Iron Man from another multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mordja posted:

Has Tom Holland been in anything good? I just find him annoying in Spidderman.

The Devil All The Time was alright.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sunk Dunk posted:

i knew skipping work due to a mental breakdown and watching the review while mindlessly clicking on lost ark and smoking weed was a great idea

Are you me? Am I you?

We should hang.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah that was me yesterday as well -_-;

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I remember reading an interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he claimed the death of the true action movie stars ended with Michael Keaton in Batman '89 since the studios learned you didn't need to cast a body builder to lead and instead could just put anyone in a suit with muscles painted on.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Moola posted:

I dont think you can call someone 5.5ft "lanky"

i dont have an exact word for him then, he's just way too thin

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog did a better job being a movie than Uncharted. Sonic "I kissed a human woman and then got shot in the back and died" the Hedgehog

Excuse you, the shooting happened first. That goose necked human girl made out with the cold, lifeless corpse of an amusement park mascot suit

E: Unless you mean the actual Sonic movie which I still haven't seen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jose Oquendo posted:

That reminds me. According to some leaks (which the source has been nearly 100% accurate) Dr. Strange 2 is going to feature a cameo of Tom Cruise as a Tony Stark/Iron Man from another multiverse.
I have seen that but I am skeptical

I think people are misreading trailer shots and it’s a different character entirely

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

twink

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If a series can never just fuckin die, I am 1000% more onboard with Brendan Fraser continuing on as porky Indiana Jones than goddamn Christ Pratt

This would unironically own.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vakal posted:

I remember reading an interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he claimed the death of the true action movie stars ended with Michael Keaton in Batman '89 since the studios learned you didn't need to cast a body builder to lead and instead could just put anyone in a suit with muscles painted on.

Terminator 2 post-dates batman 89 tho

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Vakal posted:

Joke's on him because what they actually do is juice up some schlub and put him on a gingerbread house diet and then put him in a costume without muscles on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cat turds, gingerbread houses and piss lasers.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Terminator 2 post-dates batman 89 tho

Arnold was already an established star when T2 came around.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I hit play on the teaser, it says it's 2 minutes long, I close it

Then I see this and feel justified. How depressing

Tubi is free

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I didn't see gadget hackwrench in there even once. what are her horny fans supposed to do

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jerk off a bunch to deviantart i'd imagine

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

I didn't see gadget hackwrench in there even once. what are her horny fans supposed to do

:getin:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

quote:

Thirty years after the end of Rescue Rangers, Chip and Dale are living a mediocre life, in a world where humans and cartoon characters live together. Meanwhile, traditionally animated characters are struggling to live, once remakes and reboots with realistic computer graphics become the new normal. Now, Chip and Dale must renew their partnership to save a friend from falling victim to video piracy.

LMAO. Imagine still being mad about "video piracy" in tyool 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:thejoke:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

He's had a gag in every spiderman where he gets caught in his underwear in a situation that looks sexual but isn't, and he is not a thin dude.

But he looks like he's 16 and has for like 7 years now. It makes him a great choice for spiderman, a character perpetually in high school, and a terrible choice for Nathan Drake or James Bond or whatever other round hole they want to shove his square peg into.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm just now realizing this. Were Chip and Dale not characters on Ducktales? Were those two different shows? Did both shows have a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show squirrel woman?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I'm just now realizing this. Were Chip and Dale not characters on Ducktales? Were those two different shows? Did both shows have a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show squirrel woman?

I think they started out in Donald Duck shorts but afaik weren't on Ducktales

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You know in your heart that it isn't. Some crotchety old turd of a producer, who genuinely believes that the industry is on the verge of collapse because of millennial streaming criminals (or "striminals"), probably insisted on that plot point.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I though it was Talespin that had a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show squirrel woman, but then I realized on that show it's a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show bear woman.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And yet it's a Disney Plus gig.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

You know in your heart that it isn't. Some crotchety old turd of a producer, who genuinely believes that the industry is on the verge of collapse because of millennial streaming criminals (or "striminals"), probably insisted on that plot point.

The disney corporation does not joke about video piracy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I assure you that the Disney film made by a committee of boomers is completely sincere in its messaging about IP pirates being the villains.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have more slop for your trough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE0OhFAQ__Y

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

And yet it's a Disney Plus gig.

Yes, and Disney+ is a paid service provided by the Disney corporation.

Hollywood is mad about sites like free-movies-tv-online.me where Striminals can watch what they want, when they want, without paying for any of it :ghost:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Tron 2’s message was “data just wants to be freeeere maaaaaaannn” and it flopped.

Lesson learned, movies should have the villain be software piracy.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Sagebrush posted:

I though it was Talespin that had a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show squirrel woman, but then I realized on that show it's a fat pilot and a too-sexualized-for-a-kids-show bear woman.

This is supposed to be a cat.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

X JAKK posted:

This is supposed to be a cat.

That's not the one from Talespin

The one from talespin had like a turtleneck and parachute pants, idk what that one pervert is projecting about his cartoon fetishes

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Dwarves are cool, elves suck. I would rather watch hobbits hang out and have petty squabbles

The Wire in the Shire basically

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1493737124167880706?s=20&t=edBX3QAxw3UU61yHT72S6A
https://twitter.com/cdude9590/status/1493738121569181697?s=20&t=edBX3QAxw3UU61yHT72S6A

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Victis posted:

That's not the one from Talespin

The one from talespin had like a turtleneck and parachute pants, idk what that one pervert is projecting about his cartoon fetishes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
wtf is Talespin?

There was a third one of these shows?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

wtf is Talespin?

Right, so all the animal characters from Jungle Book now wear clothes and fly 1930's seaplanes, because they must.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

wtf is Talespin?

Jungle Book in the 1930s. Baloo flies a sea plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

wtf is Talespin?

https://youtu.be/rVTD-LtpW0M

What if the Jungle Book, but aviation in the 30s?