Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks we are D A Y S away from this game coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zakharov posted:

Let's pretend I'm a huge idiot who doesn't buy many games. For this day 1 patch, if I've already downloaded the preload does that mean I'll have to wait for another giant file to download before I can play?

Yes, but the patch will probably not be anywhere near the size of the full install

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

No romance, but also, more gay.

This is all I'm hoping for. Game will be a resounding success.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i would also like to pet the robots.
okay this too

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/JesseCox/status/1493434884953559040

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Folks we are D A Y S away from this game coming out

It's all I can think about I've been sitting around bored on my free time because I just wanna be playing Horizon lol

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Apparently, Jeff G from Giantbomb described Aloy as an annoying atheist who can't wait to tell you they're an atheist. When I read that I was all "drat about time, she let too many shitheads walk all over her in the first game."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

It's all I can think about I've been sitting around bored on my free time because I just wanna be playing Horizon lol

I honestly can’t even bother with playing games these past few days because what’s the loving point I’ll be dropping them like a ROCK on friday

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

I can relate. I’ve had a couple other projects I’ve been working on lose their luster this week because Friday is too close.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've managed to dodge any major plot spoilers up to this point so I'll be very excited to go into it with a fresh set of eyes on Friday. I'm intrigued by some of the reviews that say the narrative "gets too sci-fi" because it makes me wonder what in the world those people were thinking when they played Horizon Zero Dawn.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Regy Rusty posted:

ShadowedFlames posted:

I can relate. I’ve had a couple other projects I’ve been working on lose their luster this week because Friday is too close.

Absolutely killing me right now. I am having a hard time keeping attention on work, and I almost want to take a sick day since I feel so unproductive but it's like, wtf, wait til Friday and take the sick day then obviously

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I honestly can’t even bother with playing games these past few days because what’s the loving point I’ll be dropping them like a ROCK on friday

*cut to me frantically trying to move my rear end through Origami King after realizing I started it about a week too late and I'll probably forget to come back and finish it if I don't win by Friday*

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phenotype posted:

Hah, really curious about this. What spoiler could have possibly been on the Goose page? I just looked up Goose on the two biggest Horizon wikis and nothing there I can see that's at all spoilery.

Okay, granted, it could have been some other animal page or it could have been edited, but I do remember it was some sort of bird and it then suddenly going into some details about Project Zero Dawn by association.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.seagate.com/products/gaming-drives/playstation-gaming/game-drive-ps5/

Why.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

drat, the PS5 can model peach fuzz? impressive

people in HZD often looked a bit... plasticine

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Sign up to be notified when pre-orders are available for a special edition tie-in hard drive to a game that's out in two days!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can I get that decal spray-painted on the hood of my car instead?

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
Also feeling the excitement. I just keep picturing myself starting and getting into hunting robot animal and exploring. These last few hours are going to be torture.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Getting through Friday won't be easy for me, either. The three day weekend right after will help

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

isk posted:

Getting through Friday won't be easy for me, either. The three day weekend right after will help

Lol, I thought I had a three day weekend, but we got an email this morning saying "just to address the confusion, staff do not get the day off"
:negative:

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I cleared my work schedule for Monday so I could play video game and yesterday I got subpoenaed as a witness in a murder trial that starts Monday. Someone parked a homicide victim's car in front of my house, and I have to be ready to testify that I didn't see a god drat thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've double checked my Regalla Edition order like four or five times in the past week just to make sure it's still on track and the wait on Friday is going to be especially awful.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I thought I had a three day weekend, but we got an email this morning saying "just to address the confusion, staff do not get the day off"
:negative:

Big Bidness posted:

I cleared my work schedule for Monday so I could play video game and yesterday I got subpoenaed as a witness in a murder trial that starts Monday. Someone parked a homicide victim's car in front of my house, and I have to be ready to testify that I didn't see a god drat thing.

Oof. Sympathies; actually having holidays off is a newer development for me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big Bidness posted:

Perfect time to bring your focus and solve the crime yourself

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Story stuff is starting to come out so beware if you care about spoilers. The story definitely sounds more interesting than the 1st game to me

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Technically it unlocks in the "morning" of Friday so I guess I'll be playing at work via my iPad. RIP my mobile Hotspot data

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I hope Sylens plays a big role. He was easily my favorite character from the first game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Technically it unlocks in the "morning" of Friday so I guess I'll be playing at work via my iPad. RIP my mobile Hotspot data

Yep, I wasn't sure how it would work out but it says 1d8hr for me, so technically 10PM Thursday evening :toot:

e: oh hey, and it even preloaded the ps5 version all on its own :toot::toot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IcePhoenix posted:

I've double checked my Regalla Edition order like four or five times in the past week just to make sure it's still on track and the wait on Friday is going to be especially awful.

You know, I don't normally buy Collector's Editions or anything, but I liked Forbidden West so much, I kinda regret not buying that.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I am now officially 66%+ completed with HZD and I've heard Lance Reddick speak exactly once. I have spoiled the story for myself so I know what I have waiting, but TBH this is the absolute first open world game where I've ran around doing side missions exclusively. I don't even like the combat in this game that much, but everything just comes together to make me keep chasing the next coffee mug shaving oil receptacle

:gbsmith: I'm gonna end up hunting down a PS5 just for HFW

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Wiltsghost posted:

I hope Sylens plays a big role. He was easily my favorite character from the first game.

I want more segments where he and Aloy and sniping at each other while you are traversing something.

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel you. I honestly don't know why they don't just ship it early. Since it's only giving a digital code, we won't be able to play until the release time anyhow. I wish they could at least give us the code early.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Life imitates art etc: https://www.wired.com/story/deepmind-ai-nuclear-fusion/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

I want more segments where he and Aloy and sniping at each other while you are traversing something.

If Sylens isn’t hacking your focus constantly to gain whatever intel you’re finding while also giving you poo poo about the intel you’re finding is he really Sylens?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So in HZD, the signal is definately sent by a Ted Faro clone or ai programmed to be Ted Faro right? There is no way it wasn't Ted Faro's fault yet again right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RC Cola posted:

So in HZD, the signal is definately sent by a Ted Faro clone or ai programmed to be Ted Faro right? There is no way it wasn't Ted Faro's fault yet again right?

There are a couple of possibilities. The pre-Zero Dawn AI Vast Silver which was supposedly destroyed. The colony ship Odyssey which was supposedly lost after launch. Or it could be a new thing which hasn't been introduced yet, but those are the loose threads we know of.

It seems likely we'll visit the site of Faro's death but I kinda hope he's not part of the live present-day plot. He died hundreds of years ago, going beyond the reach of the present day, thinking he saved the world. You can't do anything about this or even express your anger at something approximating him like you're the AI in roko's basilisk. You just have to live with what he did. gently caress him.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 16, 2022

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

RC Cola posted:

you know Sylens did mention they were experimenting with cryogenics during the clawback era...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

It seems likely we'll visit the site of Faro's death but I kinda hope he's not part of the live present-day plot. He died hundreds of years ago, going beyond the reach of the present day, thinking he saved the world. You can't do anything about this or even express your anger at something approximating him like you're the AI in roko's basilisk. You just have to live with what he did. gently caress him.

I dunno, you could at least pee on it as a matter of principle

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Big Bidness posted:

you know Sylens did mention they were experimenting with cryogenics during the clawback era...

I hope he froze himself. Sylens greedily pushes the button to open his chamber to commence interrogation and Ted flops out nude, dead as a doornail.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

What are you on about? Are you implying that AI are inherently bad and shouldn't be trusted with scary concepts like hot fusion plasma? It's not like they can redirect the heat to rebel against their creators, since a plasma reaction is ridiculously feeble. The slightest error turns it off like a candle flame in a hurricane. That's also why an AI control is useful here.
Think less of the murderbot and more of the AI keeping the Yellowstone volcano stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

JBP posted:

Ted pours out, dead as a doornail.