Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

fadam posted:

I hope we all didn't forget the OG SF card:

i have never seen this card before but its obvious why...

also i like the animation on that ... would be kinda cool if they did an actual anime for the set.. hopefully that netflix one is good??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Went to both weekend pre-releases and went 3-0 both times and had an absolute blast. Thought it might just be victory bias but have done a dozen drafts on arena since then, with varying results and almost every draft game I feel like I was outplayed or misplayed myself, not just beaten by a bomb or something. Most fun I have had in limited in khans and probably top 5 limited sets ever imo.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Fucker posted:

i recognize this singer from the opening to 91 Days. i remember thinking that song sucked but then it grew on me, so that might happen here too

anyways, cool trailer. no idea wats happening, tho, guess i should have read the lore. plus no tamiyo compleation? fail.

Echoing the general feeling which is that Neon Dynasty owns. Happy that they really leaned into the setting. Makes me bullish for the gangsters in new capella set.

Adun fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 16, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

So what's the right number of new Legendary lands to run? My gut says 1

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Froghammer posted:

Depends on your colors and the rest of your mana. I stand by that it's two in most mono cases.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Having two of them as your only lands in your opening hand is probably an instant mulligan so just math that out and see whether it's worth it for the upside of seeing the card more often. I wouldn't play two but I am also currently not playing any constructed formats because limited is insanely good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Katana Gomai posted:

Having two of them as your only lands in your opening hand is probably an instant mulligan so just math that out and see whether it's worth it for the upside of seeing the card more often. I wouldn't play two but I am also currently not playing any constructed formats because limited is insanely good.

Nah, having two in your opening hand means one's a lotus petal/spell. If you have a third land the hand is fine.
And the odds both will be in your opening 7+3 more draws is 2.5% 5.7% for limited.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

rickiep00h posted:

I legit had to check to make sure that was real, since m15 was during a major break.

it was a whole thing in that set, they had Notch and Penny Arcade as well https://scryfall.com/search?q=set%3Am15+ft%3Adesigned&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The street fighter cards are cool. Christ I'm a boomer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The street fighter cards are cool. Christ I'm a boomer

I like them too

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

it was a whole thing in that set, they had Notch and Penny Arcade as well https://scryfall.com/search?q=set%3Am15+ft%3Adesigned&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name

Did any of these besides Waste Not and Chasm Skulker end up seeing play?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Genesis hydra was a huge standard staple

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'm a huge Binding of Isaac fan and remember being excited for Edmund McMillen's card, only to find out it was some creature that's unplayable in anything ever.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My first ever standard deck was a Yisan deck but probably not high-level play

Ob Nix was pretty obnixious with fetchlands in standard but again probably not actually good

Genesis Hydra as mentioned was great against control because the cast trigger was uncounterable

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Like most things involving Dave Sirlin, the sphinx looked super interesting and wasn't

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yisan is a staple in green EDH, and a major combo piece for many cEDH decks

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yisan feels all wrong. I guess it’s technically possible, but adding counters as part of activation rubs me the wrong way.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think the Notch one saw play?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Arivia posted:

Yisan feels all wrong. I guess it’s technically possible, but adding counters as part of activation rubs me the wrong way.

any planeswalker with a + ability is adding counters as part of activation. Also most cards that add -1/-1 counters to do a thing, like Devoted Druid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dhalsim really should have been B/G or B/R/G imo

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Where is grixis m bison

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think the Notch one saw play?

It was attempted for sure, dont think it ever made it in a good deck tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mae posted:

Where is grixis m bison

definitely the extra card

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

RNG being super sus. Opened 6 packs so far from this set booster box and got three borderless Kyodai's and 2 borderless Sokenzan's. I have no delusions of completing a full set of rares/mythics in 2 boxes but come on bro!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
There were 5 Kami War pulls on the pre-release day I went and on the previous day everyone was pulling Boseiju, Who Endures.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Arivia posted:

There was a trick you could do with Kiora's Follower of activate ability > untap in response > activate again to get two of the same CMC

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I have opened dozens of draft booster boxes back when I collected 2009-2014. I'm coming back with Kamigawa and I bought two boxes of Jumpstart to sleeve and make a little battle box, and two boxes of set boosters for Kamigawa. Just opened the second box and this is THE best booster box I have ever opened. With my limited understanding of card distribution in sealed product, I am absurdly lucky.

30 packs yielded:
The Wandering Emperor (showcase)
Jin-Gitaxias (showcase)
3x Boseiju, Who Endures (all borderless)
All the mythic dragons in borderless, with two copies of the black and red ones
Tamiyo (borderless)
Tamiyo (phyrexian text)
Tezzeret (borderless)
2 copies sokenzan, 2 copies takenuma, 3 copies eiganjo, 1 copy otawara, (all borderless)

sorry if luckposting is no good but this seems wild

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I snagged a Go-Shintai of Life's Origin, looks like I'm making a shrine commander deck now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Reynold posted:

I snagged a Go-Shintai of Life's Origin, looks like I'm making a shrine commander deck now.

:hmmyes:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I received my secret lair drop today. Both read the fine print normal and etched foil editions contained a stained glass liliana dreadhorde general as the bonus card.

(I didn't get the normal foil one.)

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Froghammer posted:

I'm defaulting to 1 because I only play commander these days

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Totally forgot about the Minecraft card. Magic's original Hatsune Miku collab.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/dixonij/status/1494121914612137986
A good reminder, never volunteer for a for profit company.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
They also volunteered to mod a twitch chat. Complaining about not getting paid after the fact is loving bizarre.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Its lovely to rely on free labor and its stupid to volunteer for it. NEXT

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

big cummers ONLY posted:

I have opened dozens of draft booster boxes back when I collected 2009-2014. I'm coming back with Kamigawa and I bought two boxes of Jumpstart to sleeve and make a little battle box, and two boxes of set boosters for Kamigawa. Just opened the second box and this is THE best booster box I have ever opened. With my limited understanding of card distribution in sealed product, I am absurdly lucky.

30 packs yielded:
Jin-Gitaxias (showcase)
Tamiyo (borderless)
Tamiyo (phyrexian text)
Tezzeret (borderless)
2 copies sokenzan, 2 copies takenuma, 3 copies eiganjo, 1 copy otawara, (all borderless)

!!! Nice! I'd way rather hear good luck posting than bad luck posting but all have their place

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Twitch mods do it for the love of the game, it's not a job.
Although I do it executively during my working hours so maybe?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

!!! Nice! I'd way rather hear good luck posting than bad luck posting but all have their place

when I have good luck it's the game working as intended

when I have bad luck it's because the game is loving rigged bullshit

neaden posted:

A good reminder, never volunteer for a for profit company.

:owned: :lmao:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Twitch mods do it for the love of the game, it's not a job.

Must be horrible to have zero self respect and self worth to dive into twitch cesspool for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

big cummers ONLY posted:

30 packs yielded:
Jin-Gitaxias (showcase)
Tamiyo (borderless)
Tamiyo (phyrexian text)
Tezzeret (borderless)

this is from opening a single set box, not both? that seems unreasonably heavy on mythics and duplicates for how boxes usually get laid out. interested to see if that's more the norm rather than a rarity/mispacked box when more people start opening theirs.