Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i loved it but i am disappointed how fast the nazis died and how quick daddy went out. i was hoping for checkovs rear end in a top hat but nazis getting owned is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I mean they are going into the butterfly base next ep, chekov's butthole is still in play

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Repeat: Chekov's Butthole is still on the field :madmax:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

That being said, having one enter you through there is especially brutal

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
True, now that all the nazis are dead I don't know if anyone else in the show really 'deserves' it enough.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Organic Lube User posted:

The cow is just a giant tardigrade. Star Trek: Discovery is now DC canon.

Disco shouldn't even be Star Trek canon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Someone is gonna go inside of the cow and bust out of it, and my money is on Eagly.

Takes No Damage posted:

Repeat: Chekov's Butthole is still on the field :madmax:

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Disco shouldn't even be

fixed this for you

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh god, it's going to be this, isn't it? :gonk: Countdown to the entire cast getting You Can't Do That On Television slimed: 3 days.

Fanelien posted:

fixed this for you

Counterpoint: A Gunn show with a deep cut Disco soundtrack would jaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViN2bRGrBx8

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

That's more of a hotline miami thing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://youtu.be/3MMMe1drnZY

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

I love the little kid the next episode who points out that Kite Man was going to be defeated anyway.... by gravity!

Also I hope Peacemaker's "niece" doesn't get bullied because her cool uncle she bought to show-and-tell ended up being the most wanted man in America :ohdear:

John Cena interacting with children is pretty much TV gold.

She brought a bad-rear end supervillain to Show and Tell. Figure she'll be loved/feared by her classmates from this point forward.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Everyone posted:

John Cena interacting with children is pretty much TV gold.

Yeah the WWE did it for over a decade.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Takes No Damage posted:

Counterpoint: A Gunn show with a deep cut Disco soundtrack would jaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViN2bRGrBx8

I can't find my favorite use of this song in Hot Rod where Andy is creeping through the forest

But my second favorite use of the song is on Yacht Rock -- but on probably my least favorite episode of an extremely good series if you like Good Smooth Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYMu2bpUyE&t=58s

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah the WWE did it for over a decade.

:thurman:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

True, now that all the nazis are dead I don't know if anyone else in the show really 'deserves' it enough.

Especially since their current mission is just to kill the cow. I get why, but at the same time... whats the cow done wrong? Like obviously killing nazis is good and wholesome, and yeah if you killed all the nazi's cows they couldn't have cheeseburgers anymore, but idk, I don't think the cows are Nazis even if their exploitation helps the Nazis. The Nazis are already dead and the "badguys" are just adorable aliens with fascinating biology and the jury is still out if they're better than humans or not.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

My god, it’s a double reverse Checkhov’s butthole. In Soviet Russia, you go in alien butthole.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am extremely concerned with the placement and number of these teat lights

itry
Aug 23, 2019

An unusual light fixture for sure. Also they aren't on. Maybe they were put there by the production as a weird gag?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

itry posted:

An unusual light fixture for sure. Also they aren't on. Maybe they were put there by the production as a weird gag?

It's almost certainly just an awkwardly renovated location (note the awful wall framed below the drop ceiling, gross) and the dp told the production designer they wouldn't see the ceiling during the tech scout. I'd have more questions if that scene was shot on a stage. There's also not a ton of reason to mess with clashing color temperatures when you're blasting 12Ks through the windows already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No obviously they have to fight the triple-boob woman from Total Recall in the next episode.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rewatching all the episodes before the finale. Thing I noticed in the first episode: Chris tells his dad that Bloodsport's rat phobia came from his dad locking him in a cage with a buncha rats and he nearly has a drat heartattack. That's an obvious parallel that is easy to miss.

"This fag who was afraid of the rats. Please, god, don't tell me he was the one who shot you."

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rhyno posted:

No obviously they have to fight the triple-boob woman from Total Recall in the next episode.

No, no. It's teats. Like a space-cow's.

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's almost certainly just an awkwardly renovated location (note the awful wall framed below the drop ceiling, gross) and the dp told the production designer they wouldn't see the ceiling during the tech scout. I'd have more questions if that scene was shot on a stage. There's also not a ton of reason to mess with clashing color temperatures when you're blasting 12Ks through the windows already.

Likelier. I was just going along with the premise.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 16, 2022

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/johncena/status/1494020154535067650?s=21

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:hellyeah:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
drat I was kinda hoping they would all die like how Vigilante was fantasizing about

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

drat I was kinda hoping they would all die like how Vigilante was fantasizing about
Sledge Hammer's season 1 ending.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Best news I've seen in a while. gently caress yes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
100% they all die and this is a fake out

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He posted this 2 hours ago on instagram so maybe one of those die in this universe -> emerge in new one

or it's a butthole

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh i guess thats fortnite and im old

Heffer
May 1, 2003

The teleporter misfires and beams them all to the past/future/alien planet

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1493997862841204744

James Gunn posted:

"Peacemaker is an interesting character because he's so f*****-up in so many ways, and then in other ways, he is kind of weirdly forward-thinking," Gunn explained. "John does improv all the time, and he just turned Christopher Smith into this hyper-sexualized dude that is open to anything sexually. I was surprised by that. But I thought, 'I guess it makes sense that this guy isn't one-dimensional.'"

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 16, 2022

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeehaw season 2 better have him fight kite man on screen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peacemaker seems like he would be a pretty decent guy if he wasn't so hosed in the head, and the show kinda backs that up.

John Cena is great too, and that can't be said enough. Guy is basically a saint.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

HebrewMagic posted:

Yeehaw season 2 better have him kiss kite man on screen

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

it's hbo they can just hang dong post-tryst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Thundercracker posted:

My speculation on how Peacemaker will get out of being the most wanted man in America is that the final mission will go completely tits up and the existence of Butterflies will be fully revealed to the world much to the chagrin of Amanda Waller.

For a hot moment Peacemaker will become the hero he always wanted to be except there's going be a twist of the knife.

There’s a quote I read a while ago from somebody who I can’t recall that was something like Ernest Hemingway and Glenn Danzig are complete self-parodies. But occasionally those parodies are met with just the right occasion, and the results are incredible.

I’m expecting something like that with the Peacemaker.