Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the amount of corruption we just handwave away in our own country could be used as a casus belli if it happened in the third world is2g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth posted:

Liberals have such an obsession with talking about voting, they might see it more easily if someone said it's like marking "mixed" on "he was arrested for trying to vote" in an article about a black man who tried to vote during Jim Crow days.

that's tricky enough to be a question on a Southern literacy test

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Let's be careful not confuse this with the CONGRESSIONAL defense budget.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

i think they want to be able to pay lip service to economic issues without their base being up in arms, it gives them a wider donor base to grift from after all, but they've cultivated a base that can't even handle that

those are two completely separate things

their donor base doesn’t give a poo poo about their economic promises- they know it’s never gonna happen. the elites were not genuinely worried about BBB taxing them, they knew only a neutered version could pass the senate. this is the dems main constituency. as long as the fat donor checks keep coming in, winning doesn’t matter, and governing sure as poo poo doesn’t matter.

their voting base can think whatever they want, the dems don’t give a poo poo. when they’re embarrassed (as they are now), the dem leadership wants the pain to stop, sure, but they’re fine distracting the pleb masses with a Ukrainian war or starving a few million Afghans to death. yeah, a lot of their voting base is getting very mad about broken economic promises, or getting mad about biden breaking his promises to help them with money or student debt relief, but all that loses the dems is votes. they don’t give a poo poo if they lose elections, though. as long as they block any challenges from the left and keep getting paid, they’ll break promises for $2000 checks (or just refuse to give any more checks) with zero fucks given. their entire motto for decades has been “what are you gonna do, vote for the other guy??”

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

love to profit from terrorist attacks and genocide :911:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh my god now i can’t sotp screaming

what is, “grounds for impeachment if president trump did it”? loving sickos

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

the amount of genocide we just handwave away when america does it could be used as a casus belli if it happened in the third world is2g

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I will guillotine the next person to talk about Marie-Antoinette.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol I posted that screenshot in a reply to the quoted post and I made someone real mad since the mueller report didn't NOT say there was collusion

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Feb 16, 2022

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/YahooFinanceCA/status/1494006933023457283

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

how many flint water supplies would this be

how many people could get healthcare for life with 3.5 bil

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the inflation ghost appears and whispers "thanks for the sales jack"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Thinking back a few days to that socdem dumbfuck that said they hate us for our freedoms.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

look, fat, you can move down too!!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

How can the Democrats work to overcome the electorate's entirely accurate assessment of the Democrats

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

tfw something is on the move but it's not america:

ram dass in hell has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Feb 16, 2022

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Now that's what I call self dealing! :bravo:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

How can the Democrats work to overcome the electorate's entirely accurate assessment of the Democrats

https://mobile.twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1493954805840109575

Sounds like this is just more of the "the reason we are having bad polling is because people don't think we love the police enough due to those terrible activists" crap that they pivoted to the second they won in 2020 and didn't have to pretend they wanted police reform anymore.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

Let's be careful not confuse this with the CONGRESSIONAL defense budget.

Good point. Last year, Biden proposed around $750 billion in military spending, but the Democrat-controlled Congress added another $25B to that. So yeah, it'll probably be higher again.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Good news for rich libs who feel like they don't live in enough of a bubble.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1493986604561707011

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

🎵'Cause I sold my soul at the mouseketeer store

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yes, we know you're a mod

:vince:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's the Bors cartoon about gay marriage, except instead of 'Support for Gay Marriage' it's 'Support for the Democrats' ticking downwards and the Dems tripping over themselves to fellate the police.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yes, we know you're a mod

:boom:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

"making people go work and cope with depression through retail" doesn't really seem like something to brag about regardless of covid status

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
people bought stuff last quarter? well thats not a surprise because we forced everyone to go to work at gunpoint and then if they want to keep living they have to buy food to eat

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

can't tell if this is tone deaf or if "buying poo poo" is the only actual metric for the welfare of this stupid country

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao just doing straight up antiquity-style pillaging of conquered peoples at this point. Except we didn't even conquer them - we lost - but somehow walked away with all their money.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow, a $7.7 trillion spending bill. What will Manchin say?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

gently caress u!!!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do you think Biden gave back the oil trump secured in syria and iraq?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sydin posted:

lmao just doing straight up antiquity-style pillaging of conquered peoples at this point. Except we didn't even conquer them - we lost - but somehow walked away with all their money.

It's darkly funny that money isn't real to the U.S. government. The 7 billion they are stealing from the Afghan people could instead be conjured from nothing.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

finally. for too long, retreating into a demented realm of unreality where i can live unbothered by the potential for unhappy endings for myself and others, has required me to browse cspam from within a guild navigator tank full of thc vapor. now i can simply get a 1.5 million dollar mortage and have idk daffy duck deliver my mail :obama:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Vomik posted:

people bought stuff last quarter? well thats not a surprise because we forced everyone to go to work at gunpoint and then if they want to keep living they have to buy food to eat

food now costs 30% more than it used to, which is a bummer, but people are spending 30% more, which is extremely great

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

ram dass in hell posted:

food now costs 30% more than it used to, which is a bummer, but people are spending 30% more, which is extremely great

90% more profit? that's GREAT

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

It's darkly funny that money isn't real to the U.S. government. The 7 billion they are stealing from the Afghan people could instead be conjured from nothing.

also very much appreciating that the trump version ("in my opinion, we keep the oil because we won and deserve the oil") is terrible but the biden version ("i'm going to starve millions of people to death so that a lawyer i know who represents millionaire world trade center real estate tenants from over 2 decades ago can get PAID, bitches") is what grown ups back in the white house means

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Eggplant Squire posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1493954805840109575

Sounds like this is just more of the "the reason we are having bad polling is because people don't think we love the police enough due to those terrible activists" crap that they pivoted to the second they won in 2020 and didn't have to pretend they wanted police reform anymore.

Awesome I'm glad I'm helping to destroy the dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If the DemonRAT pedoarty actually stood for anything, there would be no misunderstanding about what they stood for