Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Randarkman posted:

See, the impression I'm getting is that Tzeentch would still be very good with their magic, devastating short-ranged shooting (most of which is either fire damage or imbues fire weakness) and flying mobility even if the barriers were significantly restricted or limited compared to what they are now, poo poo they'd still be very good probably if they didn't even have the barriers.

e: Also, anyone have that Steam release map? Events have transpired to give me a day off tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

DaysBefore posted:

Pretty sure my computer's crapping out the day before Warhammer 3 launches which is one hell of a nasty Tzeentchian prank. All these like red lines running across the screen which, sure, will certainly enhance the mood of Khornate battles but isn't exactly preferable. I'm tech illiterate so if this sounds fixable to anyone else please let me know! :(

Try changing/tightening the monitor cables, esp if it's VGA

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Scott Forstall posted:

Here's the unlimited magic trick Legend's been mentioning in streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-pj5XXFaY

Seems like you could almost stumble upon it with the right combination of skills, especially for a Kairos campaign.

You need a death wizard with life leech or a life leech-esque effect and at least one arcane conduit. Legend shows the effect with a bunch of arcane conduits. Know to be possible with Tzeentch, Nurgle, Cathay, possible more.

"Almost" stumble on it? You're pretty likely to take life leech if you have access to it I think, and unless arcane conduit is significantly worse in TWW 3 than 2 you always want to take that. And if you have a dedicated death caster rather than Kairos you'd want the lore attribute, surely. And then you just have to run out of reserves. Unless it's fixed in the release version I'm sure a lot of people will do it without knowing about it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ravenfood posted:

Each reinforcing lord/army earns chivalry separately from the main army, though I think they get less. Also, Bretonnia doesn't get a supply line penalty for some reason. These two facts combined mean that 2armies of 10 units each costs about as much as 1 army of 20 units, but earns substantially more chivalry. 3 armies of 7 units each earn even more. Also, each lord and hero will need babysitting for Vow progress, so you might as well start earlier. And lastly, reinforcing an army will eventually earn the reinforcing lord the "savior" trait which increases chivalry and army-wide charge bonus.

Drown the enemy in reinforcements. Just watch out for Sniktch, Skaven ambush stance will gently caress you up fast that way. Once he is off the table, you can easily win the Vortex campaign in under 100 turns.

Unless I'm missing something about how it works, the barrier regenerates substantially faster than HP gained from regen and won't regenerate while in combat. Regeneration is much better for sustained combat, whereas barriers are better for hit and run attacks.

thanks, managed to wrap it up in a couple hours.
god that system sucks though, a small province getting destroyed with a lord sitting there will set you back a lot of chivalry, you shouldn't lose chivalry for defeats imo, particularly valiant defeats

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also daisy chaining lords around the map is tedious

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Warhams 2 Question:

Has anyone ever seen Loyalty do anything? I've played Pirates and Rats, and in both campaigns I have never seen a Lord rebel against me, ever.

I fondly recall this actually happening in the Way Old Total Wars of Yore, but it seems in this game almost nothing triggers them into fighting me.

I suppose the Loyalty Stuff says you can prevent disloyalty by giving them a strong army and some treasure, which is basically the exact thing you do with every Lord anyway. I also roll my eyes at the concept of giving someone access to thousands of powerful soldiers as something that makes them LESS likely to launch a coup.
If your LL faction leader gets to level 40, any other lord affected by loyalty will start losing loyalty if they get to level 40, due to being equal level with the faction leader.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 16, 2022

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its more bearable now that rats get chieftains but honestly loyalty on anyone who isnt vampire coast is something to just mod out. its nothing but a pass/fail series of dice rolls that inevitably trends up or down, outside your control, by the power of the law of large numbers

and yeah its also got a ton of mechanics that make absolutely no sense if you try to think about them in any context that isnt just Extremely Video Game

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

does it come out tonight?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Midnight pacific, 3am eastern

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Randarkman posted:

Is there any lore or tabletop justification for the Tzeentch barriers?

The Tzeentch Lord of Change is the most durable greater daemon in 40k right now because of all the magical poo poo you can throw on him. It might be the hardest model in the game to kill.

you can get a 3++ invulnerable save (if you roll anything but a 1 or a 2 you don't take damage from anything in the game) a flat damage reduction for when your invulnerable save fails, and then he has a 33% chance to ignore any damage that happens to make it through.

once you've chewed through all that she can heal a handful of wounds per phase. it's so durable that the best counterplay is often to ignore it.

Tzeentch in general has a few durability tricks in 40k that imo would be better represented by a ward save as someone else mentioned but the barriers are cool too.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Make barriets regenerate only when you cast spells, IMHO. With the amount of barrier regained based on Wind of Magic cost.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im guessing the gamepass version doesnt let me mess around with ogres right? im gonna save myself the 80 bucks and just play on that for now until the big map comes out.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Yeah, ogres only come with the purchase.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Make barriets regenerate only when you cast spells, IMHO. With the amount of barrier regained based on Wind of Magic cost.

Couldn't you just fiddle with the max barrier number?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tzeentch has pretty crap replenishment, so messing with the shield will need to take that into account

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

genericnick posted:

Couldn't you just fiddle with the max barrier number?

Obviously, but that's a boring solution.:colbert:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
If a lord is about to defect because of loyalty, you can move them out to the water then disband them and they won't generate a rebel army. I've seen Legend do this in his shaven streams.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Game unlocks 8am where I live...have a meeting at 9.30 and then nonstop Events until late afternoon, but maybe I can get 90 mins in to start a campaign before that...

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

queeb posted:

im guessing the gamepass version doesnt let me mess around with ogres right? im gonna save myself the 80 bucks and just play on that for now until the big map comes out.

There’s an entry for ogres as an add-on in gamepass so my assumption is that you can get the game “free” but pay for ogres if you want. I’ve played other gamepass games where I bought the DLC but not the game and it worked.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Cowardly move

Let them rebel, fight them, take their money

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Not that many years ago I’d have been planning an all nighter for when it unlocks at 2am here.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I've just got the bad feeling that CA'll goof up the release times like they sometimes do. Would be worth it to relive the Bretonnia Meltdown, though.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 16, 2022

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Unironically considering waking up at 3am to play this before work

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
i'll be staying up till midnight, playing 1 to x-many hours, and of course +3 hours of "one more turn..", then waking up for a 9 am meeting somehow. I'm... scared, tomorrow is going to hurt.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeh the big brain move is going to bed super early, then playing til work starts

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

queeb posted:

Keep in mind, Ogres are only "free" now. If you buy the game later you will also have to pay for them separately.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
invent a dead relative, contract a rare tropical disease.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

uber_stoat posted:

Say you got the rona

Actually get the rona

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

uber_stoat posted:

For real, do none of you have sick days or something?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Feral Interactive (the porting company) has been frustratingly silent on when we can expect the Mac/Linux release. I had hoped it'd be close on the heals of the PC release but that seems extremely unlikely. So I guess this solves me "Elden Ring vs WHH3" dilemma.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

it's a video game. not actually that important to play day one. my friday is free tho

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it's a video game. not actually that important to play day one. my friday is free tho

post name combo smh!!!!!!

for real though I can't imagine how messy launch day's gonna be lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mordja posted:

Not to waste on a literal video game, but I do work from home and I have nothing but clerical work to do tomorrow so you better believe I'll be sticking it to the man (by playing a literal video game)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Mordja posted:

so, Nurgle will be your first campaign?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Dramicus posted:

Keep in mind, Ogres are only "free" now. If you buy the game later you will also have to pay for them separately.

You can probably get the game (and ogres) on sale later pretty easily and save more than by getting free ogres, though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it's a video game. not actually that important to play day one.

M-mods?!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If you don't have kids they should let you take M/P-aternity leave on game release days and no one can say anything to you about it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

Not to waste on a literal video game, but I do work from home and I have nothing but clerical work to do tomorrow so you better believe I'll be sticking it to the man (by playing a literal video game)
:h5:

Omnicarus posted:

If you don't have kids they should let you take M/P-aternity leave on game release days and no one can say anything to you about it
No.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ugly, but avoidable bug with Slaanesh's campaign mechanics apparently. Hopefully will be hotfixed quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just made sure to ask for the day off way ahead of time.