Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

zoux posted:

It's 15 years later and you still remember it, they got their money’s worth outta that one
Well it's not like I ever bought one. The Honda Fit was the superior eggcar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

As part of their event today ViacomCBS announced that they're changing the name of ViacomCBS to just Paramount. (Technically Paramount Global but expect everything to just call them Paramount.)

Jesus Christ, they're going all in on the Taylor Sheridan production deal as well.

Not only did Season 2 of 1883 get a second season order, they're also doing ANOTHER prequel titled 1932, in addition to a bunch of other stuff. Sheridan now has his hands involved in:

- Yellowstone (season 6)
- 1883 (season 2, or at least more season 1 episodes ordered)
- 6666 - The Jimmy/Texas spinoff of Yellowstone
- 1932 (As above)
- Mayor of Kingstown (season 2)
- A Bas Reeves show starring/produced by David Oyelowo
- Land Man, show based on the subject matter of the Boomtown Podcast starring Billy Bob Thornton
- Lioness, female CIA spy shenanigans - also exec produced by Nicole Kidman and starring Zoe Saldana (this appears to actually be a movie, not a show)
- Tulsa King, starring motherfucking Sly Stallone which appears to be a modern day Kansas City mob show, co-created by Terrance Winter

gently caress me, the man is busy.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 16, 2022

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'd be interested in another Dustbowl show. Carnivale had a cool setting.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Looten Plunder posted:

Jesus Christ, they're going all in on the Taylor Sheridan production deal as well.

Not only did Season 2 of 1883 get a second season order, they're also doing ANOTHER prequel titled 1932, in addition to a bunch of other stuff. Sheridan now has his hands involved in:

- Yellowstone (season 6)
- 1883 (season 2, or at least more season 1 episodes ordered)
- 6666 - The Jimmy/Texas spinoff of Yellowstone
- 1932 (As above)
- Mayor of Kingstown (season 2)
- A Bas Reeves show starring/produced by David Oyelowo
- Land Man, show based on the subject matter of the Boomtown Podcast starring Billy Bob Thornton
- Lioness, female CIA spy shenanigans - also exec produced by Nicole Kidman and starring Zoe Saldana
- Tulsa King, starring motherfucking Sly Stallone which appears to be a modern day Kansas City mob show

This is one of those things where he writes a couple of ideas down on a napkin and sends people off to make them happen, like Ryan Murphy during his prime Fox/FX days, right?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I think there is probably varying degrees - He seems pretty drat involved with the Yellowstone-verse stuff, and the movies that he writes/directs but the other stuff I assume he's pretty hands off with. Although that Land Man show and the Bas Reeves show seem right in his wheelhouse so he may be super involved in those too.

And I just read now, that he owns the real life 6666 ranch in Texas.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 16, 2022

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Mu Zeta posted:

I'd be interested in another Dustbowl show. Carnivale had a cool setting.

Of all the cancelled-too-soon shows Carnivale has to be near or at the top of my list in wishing it had more seasons. Still haven't seen another show quite like it

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Someone should take that discussion between Saul Goodman and Tuco Salamanca in Episode 2 and edit on Fallout dialog boxes with Saul trying to pass the speech checks

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Hiro. We have to get a car qui--

NISSAN VERSA! NISSAN VERSA!!

It was funny how in the Season 2 premiere they looked like they were gearing up to do the same thing with the Nissan Rogue with Claire being gifted one only for it to be stolen after like 10 minutes and a few episodes later it's being used to smuggle people across the border into the US.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh hey, Wunmi Mosaku is gonna be in the new David Simon. Loved her since her role on In The Flesh. So great that she's finally been breaking out in Hollywood but keeps picking (mostly) interesting projects.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

Turns out you can make all sorts of conservative reactionary shows if they're period pieces.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just finished Murderville, and of all the guest stars, the one that made me laugh the most was Jennifer Aniston, for presumably getting paid a decent amount just to use a picture of her.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/sesamestreet/status/1493616094275194880?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Why does the trailer make her look glamorous. I thought she was known for dressing like a slob to sell the "too rich to care" vibe.

Looks like a set photo from a budget Ilsa She-Wolf of the SS remake.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Been doing a rewatch of Seinfeld. Long story short it still holds up.

By the 4th season when you have Seinfeld's comedy bits interacting with an episode's plots, and the serial nature of the show really comes thru with the characters dating or commenting on dates thru a slew of episodes, and alot of the comedy just being these friends hanging out and silently reacting to what's going on with each other....and I can't think of another comedy that has ever reached all that.

Like Seinfeld felt very real, very silly, and kinda avant garde. What an amazing show.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Shageletic posted:

By the 4th season when you have Seinfeld's comedy bits interacting with an episode's plots, and the serial nature of the show really comes thru with the characters dating or commenting on dates thru a slew of episodes, and alot of the comedy just being these friends hanging out and silently reacting to what's going on with each other....and I can't think of another comedy that has ever reached all that.

Like Seinfeld felt very real, very silly, and kinda avant garde. What an amazing show.

Out of all the television I've watched in my life, I've never seen a single episode of Seinfeld. Lots of clips, sure, but never a complete episode. I may have to remedy that soon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shageletic posted:

The thing about Seinfeld is it's a pretty good depiction of friendship in your early 30's.

George and Jerry went to high school together, Elaine is Jerry's ex, Kramer is a neighbor, plus a rogue's gallery of reoccurring acquaintances, and everyone is mean to each other.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Looten Plunder posted:

:( I liked Vinyl

Bobby Carnivalle (I know if probably spelt that wrong) is one of those actors that transfixes me. He is so goddam intense.

Him being married/together with Rose Byrne is one of the biggest Hollywood odd couples to me as well.

There is an episode of Boardwalk Empire where his character is almost killed by an assassin that ambushes him while he's getting choked during sex. He then walks around shooting people while naked and covered in blood, belt still around his neck.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just recently started watching it for the first time because it's finally on Netflix.

I'm somewhere in S2 now or maybe S3. drat there's a fuckton of it

It's a little hard to keep making headway, though probably only because there's so much else I need to catch up on, and most of it is so much more serialized that it takes that much more concentration and commitment. Seinfeld is so bite-sized it doesn't build up any of that momentum.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seinfeld is the best multicam sitcom ever made

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So three episodes into Inventing Anna and this is absolute trash. I have no idea what people see in Julia Garner because every scene she is in is just terrible. And she's the girl from the "YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL ME" bit from Ozark? Double yuck.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The thing about Seinfeld is it's a pretty good depiction of friendship in your early 30's.

George and Jerry went to high school together, Elaine is Jerry's ex, Kramer is a neighbor, plus a rogue's gallery of reoccurring acquaintances, and everyone is mean to each other.

Yeah its shocking how true to life it feels sometimes. Prob the most realistic comedy ever made outside of Roseanne and Malcolm in the Middle.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Was channel surfing the other day and found that Lifetime is doing a marathon of Castle. I watched this forever ago and yet got sucked in again, and am now on to season 3. Was reading some behind the scenes stuff about why the show ended the way it did (after 8 seasons they fired Stana Katic for "budget reasons" and were going to move forward with only Nathan Fillion, then the show was cancelled entirely) and the story seems to be that Katic and Fillion absolutely hated each other and were not even on speaking terms off-camera by the end of the show. Their on-screen chemistry is insanely good so I can't tell if they're just that good at acting or if that rumor is complete bullshit. My usual read on that kind of story is Fillion was a sexpest, but as far as I know those kinds of stories haven't cropped up from other sets. I know he's a big Joss Whedon supporter though...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has Fillion said anything in support of Whedon? He hasn’t offered any criticism of him, but that’s different from support.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Maybe I'm mixing him up with somebody else. I could have sworn I'd read something a ways back about him coming out in support of Whedon, but searching for that now isn't bringing anything up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No, that was Baldwin.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Support from Adam Baldwin is an incredibly damning mark against a person imo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You're thinking of Alan Tudyk, he was unfortunately pretty vocal in his defense of Whedon. Then again, this was when poo poo first started coming out over a year ago, he may feel differently now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Escobarbarian posted:

Seinfeld is the best multicam sitcom ever made

Frasier and Cheers would like a word.

Also NewsRadio.

(That's not to disparage Seinfeld, which is one of my favorite shows ever, but there are better multicam sitcoms.)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No there aren't.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

Frasier and Cheers would like a word.

Also NewsRadio.

(That's not to disparage Seinfeld, which is one of my favorite shows ever, but there are better multicam sitcoms.)

I love all those shows very much but I still prefer Seinfeld to all of them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Escobarbarian posted:

I love all those shows very much but I still prefer Seinfeld to all of them

:emptyquote:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You're thinking of Alan Tudyk, he was unfortunately pretty vocal in his defense of Whedon. Then again, this was when poo poo first started coming out over a year ago, he may feel differently now.

YES thank you it was Tudyk I guess not Fillion, now I feel bad because I've been watching Castle the last two weeks thinking Fillion was probably lovely irl.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I can't recall ever seeing any sex pest stuff about Fillion. That's not great to hear about Tudyk though. I was just thinking I should get back to Resident Alien.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish I got to hang out with friends as much as they do, evern if everyone was as rear end in a top hat. In my defense this period got ruined by covid but still.

I did like Seinfeld though, good show. I had no idea who Larry David and only watched Curb afterwards, but it immediately made sense where the humor is coming from.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The only bad thing I can think of for Fillion is him not saying anything after one of his costars on The Rookie quit after a season due to racism on set and he didn't say anything. Or maybe he did eventually but he didn't at the time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Tudyk apologised not long after for commenting on a situation he knew nothing about

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No one on the Rookie said anything. It was pretty weird situation with the one main character quitting and then another black main character also quitting the following season.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just like a real police station. Except neither one mysteriously committed suicide via Colombian necktie six months later.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Escobarbarian posted:

Apparently Tudyk apologised not long after for commenting on a situation he knew nothing about

Yeah. There was a single tweet after the Ray Fischer stuff first broke that said this.

quote:

Wasn't there, but I have known Joss for 17 years, I honestly can't even imagine it and I have a pretty good imagination."

He then later apologized for commenting on a situation that he wasn't witness to.

So it was a single knee jerk tweet made right when the first accusations came out from Ray Fisher that he probably shouldn't have made and then walked back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Double post somehow?