Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

You’re welcome to join!

We’ve been getting more and more organized each war, with steadily growing population, though this war promises to be a burnout inducer for a war or two. We’ve got excellent lines of logistics and budding builders, and enough supplies to essentially support any playstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Which hex are you playing in?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

WhenInRome posted:

I've been in the same hex for a literal week now watching the same zones repeatedly flip sides because those fuckoff huge concrete bases seem impossible to kill and neither team can ever get enough momentum for a sustained push. When I first started playing I could seriously just join up with some randoms in a tank or doing partisan poo poo or whatever and end up being a huge contributor in taking a zone, now it feels like nothing I do really matters because I'm not in a clan and I don't know how to build. Blowing up Wardens is still cool even if it's inherently meaningless, but at this point I kinda don't even care who wins I just want it to end so I can experience the early war again
this is exactly how i feel about the game right now, right down to the "trying colonials next war to see how it is". frontline stuff right now feels unproductive at best, actively un-fun at worst.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The game pop can't support this number of hexes and required VPs, simple as.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We've got 20+ person queues in multiple zones

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

RocketRaygun posted:

We've got 20+ person queues in multiple zones

You know what else ? Colonials don't have Cuttail Station anymore :doit: :getin: .

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
We rampaged through Shacked Chasm tonight with barley any resistance. Their victory points is the lowest count they've had in the war, SC are apparently decaying and keeling over.

If this keeps going we may win this. Shoot, scroop or truck to victory!

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

some pics from tonight's tankery in Shackled Chasm:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fun fact about the new engineering bridge thing, you can use the Colonial mobile 120 howitzers on them.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
well that changed quickly, just checkin the map once a day or so and green gettin absolutely rolled now

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, we were in most of those fights. Crossing the bridge into Silk Farms and linking up with the Reflection push was just :discourse:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

nice, nice.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I proceeded to bayonet charge a Colonial that was firing one of our own soldiers, instead of moving around at a different angle the soldier I was attempting to help shot me in the arse, stunned me and the guy I attempted to stab put me in bleed out state then killed him.

Warden infantry truly needs to stop skipping boot camp.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

I proceeded to bayonet charge a Colonial that was firing one of our own soldiers, instead of moving around at a different angle the soldier I was attempting to help shot me in the arse, stunned me and the guy I attempted to stab put me in bleed out state then killed him.

Warden infantry truly needs to stop skipping boot camp.

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I get into a good position as a machinegunner, begin butchering some Collies and suppressing the rest, and then have, one after another, a bunch of Wardens run directly in front of me and get cut down.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Last night during the supporting the gun/push gun line chaos I watched one player assume it was fine for him to just stroll in front of our high velocity 40MM field gun with the crew working feverishly to put out as much fire as possible.

We all witnessed him being scattered around the front of that gun barrel much to our bemusement.

I feel the developers vision of expecting people to patiently follow signs and read signs might be a wee bit out of touch with reality. So many new players just get game, deploy and oh god poor bastards.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah this ain't CoD the RTS you gotta have a wee bit of training

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

it's very easy to be careless. the other night buddy was sitting in a tank talking poo poo so i pulled out my pistol and emptied it at the tank. anyway, some other guy runs between the two of us while this is happening and gets shot. these things happen.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Foxhole continues the weird meta just like real life thing in many many forms, which why the stupid game is so unique.

And also to be fair now to the average Steam user when the game gets suggested, the game coasts on the same stupid suggestion code as Men of War/Running With Rifles. I imagine many get the 'I'm in over my head' feeling when they drop into home island right away.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I very very extremely had the "in over my head" feeling coming into home island

I got through it by just going to whatever big base I could find and being like "I'm newbie as gently caress, how can I help" but a lot of people are unfortunately not going to be as self-startery as that. I've heard there are a bunch of discords and outreach efforts to help with that kind of on-boarding but I never really tried them to know how good they are

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Well the 1st nuke V2 rocket of the game was successfully fired off about 4 hours ago. Warden rocket from Farranac Coast, target was Saltbrook Channel. Colonials are now down a seaport town that also had 2 factories and a garage. There are still 4 rockets the Wardens can use to the Colonials three, but one of the three is in Endless Shore which is in the process of getting obliterated so who knows how long that one will last. Significant parts of Allods Bight and Terminus map hexes are also either blue or neutral currently.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
jade cove lives

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So last night was busy, some sort of weird blur of things.

Replacing harvestors at nodes, scrapping 20k scrap, refilling the fuel on the auto mines in several locations, helping set up and be part of four truck goon convey to Clotho's, small trucking a series of crates to a frontline BB under fire and a town hall being constantly blown up by one prick with a charge, firing artillery with goons and non goon spotters, filling in shell holes, putting up several Pillboxes, setting up a HMG, firing a mortar, moving shells to fire or driving into trucks directing goons to locations invites to squad passing the star on and attempting to both fire, occupy, blow up several trench lines and Bunker core of concrete.

It was quite a day.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

NUKE #2, RADIOACTIVE BOOGALOO

So the Colonials got off their 1st rocket of the war about an hour ago. They fired it at the town of Scurvyshire in Allods Bight. The significance of this town is that it has a Refinery right next to it. If the Wardens are able to take & hold this town they will have a forward refinery to use & wont have to literally drive all the way back to Westgate or Stonecradle for bmats.

Unfortunately the rocket was a total WELP due to some confusion involving the spotter and the code to launch the rocket. Net result ? Town hall and refinery untouched, spotter literally dropped the rocket ON HIMSELF:

https://medal.tv/games/foxhole/clips/b9Ioo7BvLXTZt/tkDe4ljdap2n?invite=cr-MSxWRkssNDA3ODYzNDQs

:eyepop: :stonklol: :stonkhat: :wtc:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

MREBoy posted:

NUKE #2, RADIOACTIVE BOOGALOO

So the Colonials got off their 1st rocket of the war about an hour ago. They fired it at the town of Scurvyshire in Allods Bight. The significance of this town is that it has a Refinery right next to it. If the Wardens are able to take & hold this town they will have a forward refinery to use & wont have to literally drive all the way back to Westgate or Stonecradle for bmats.

Unfortunately the rocket was a total WELP due to some confusion involving the spotter and the code to launch the rocket. Net result ? Town hall and refinery untouched, spotter literally dropped the rocket ON HIMSELF:

https://medal.tv/games/foxhole/clips/b9Ioo7BvLXTZt/tkDe4ljdap2n?invite=cr-MSxWRkssNDA3ODYzNDQs

:eyepop: :stonklol: :stonkhat: :wtc:

:discourse:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The spotter didn't even have binos. They hipfired a nuke.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

RocketRaygun posted:

Dr. Strangecolonial, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Callahan

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

rip the two salvage mines and the oil well

this is a grave setback

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

Poor guy has allegedly been bullied out of the Colonial discords, now Warden groups are all open arms. This could be the start of a strange legend or perhaps the most clever double agent of all time.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
You know wardens would do the exact same thing, this game is goofy toxic at times

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

War is hella funny

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SeanBeansShako posted:

Poor guy has allegedly been bullied out of the Colonial discords, now Warden groups are all open arms. This could be the start of a strange legend or perhaps the most clever double agent of all time.

i love this

id do that tbh and be just as dumb and confused that guy owns

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Welp the rockets have been flying fast and furious, Wardens nuked the keep in the middle of the Great Warden Dam for whatever reason and the Colonials just nuked the town of Axehead (along with all of the industrial buildings there including a MPF) to deny them from the Wardens. As of now the Wardens are one town away from winning the war. So its highly likely this one will be over in the next 8 hrs or so. ALSO did you know ? Foxholestats plays the NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED voice clip from Starcraft if you have the window open when a rocket is launched :haw: .

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this is exactly how i feel about the game right now, right down to the "trying colonials next war to see how it is". frontline stuff right now feels unproductive at best, actively un-fun at worst.

I'm already going to switch to Collies next war, we should do it too. I've obviously had enough of the other clans loving with us, and I've had to deal with it for a few too many wars if you can't tell. I'm taking a break from the game until next war and I'll be jumping to colonials and logging in when it does.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Wardens win!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Stereotype posted:

Wardens win!

I'm free!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

What a roller coaster ride of a war, we've not won one since War 83 which which started with Entrenched and last until early October (incidently the longest war with this one trailing behind just!) and yeah this was a long one.

Big thanks to Roy and Pokchu for going to the extra mile setting us up in Sundial and going for broke engaging in clan to clan and peer to peer diplomacy. Extra thanks goes towards the non goon redtags in the Discord, FMAT, the better people of V who helped the push last few days, 82DK and CL who legit kept the Deadlands alive.

And of course major props to the goons who kept chipping away at the frontlines and doing the tiring endless job of scooping, factory production, hauling and of course building the latter tasks in major need of a QA update for some mechanics still.

So yeah, I think that was our 4th? 5th win as Wardens since we revived the goon presence in the game almost a year ago now. Neat. Understandibly if you are breaking in the next war that is cool, if you are going Colonial I hope you will be fighting on the other fronts to us next one would sort of suck to shoot you.

For the next day or two game is in resistance mode which resets the map and keeps the end game tech going for a few more days so if you want to experiment in building or driving vehicles now is the time.

Fingers crossed they'll keep East/West wars down for a month or two and we'll return to North/South again next one. Some sort of content preview or devstream would help prop up the long term morale too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Next war I'm making an officer car and driving it forever

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

You know wardens would do the exact same thing, this game is goofy toxic at times

Okay so last summer in the hell wars where we had no answer to the terrifying sudden realisation the Ballista together kill concrete fast we went a little rocket crazy with the drat things our side.

I recall multiple rockets splashing either missing or killing one building and at least one Warden civil war with ONE more or less refusing to use their rocket for anything good and at least two cases of nuking ourselves.

In short Foxhole nerds who can't be trusted with a drat scrap harvester should not be armed with V2 rockets.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
2018 Jade Cove really set the tone for future Warden rocket use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Long live jade cove