Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Eddie Kingston's backstage at Dynamite

Better bundle up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zarian says Owens isn't Austin's Mania opponent

It's Goldberg :laffo: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Matthews had a great match against Okada in San Jose. He could easily slot into the upper midcard/main event. I could see him having a great run with either singles title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Zarian says Owens isn't Austin's Mania opponent

It's Goldberg :laffo: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

On the one hand, I get it, it's a dream match they never managed during Bill's first WWE run.

On the other, LOL. gently caress, at least have Austin vs Cody. (Austin could even break out his Dusty impression, a la his ECW run)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
They really didn't learn from Goldberg nearly killing the Undertaker live on PPV did they

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you have a bad neck and you’re coming back for one match it’s definitely Bill Goldberg that you should count on to make sure you’re safe.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1494058338438553601

too late

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
poo poo. I can’t miss Wrestlemania if they’re going to murder Steve Austin on live TV. Vince, you got me again.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Eddie Kingston's backstage at Dynamite

"ahhh gently caress cody partna" *crowd pops, cody is forgotten*

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Destroy My Sweater posted:

"ahhh gently caress cody partna" *crowd pops, cody is forgotten*

Hoping this is the opening segment tonight.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Drakkel posted:

They really didn't learn from Goldberg nearly killing the Undertaker live on PPV did they

steve austin with his broken neck is probably more physically capable of going up for the jackhammer than taker was

luckily this is wwe booking and goldberg is a former wcw star, stone cold is no-selling a spear and then dropping two stunners and getting a 1-2-3

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goldberg/Austin was THE dream match for every 90s kid on a playground, so of course WWE is finally doing it like 20 years too late after both guys are well and truly washed

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
brock lesnar should the special guest ref, and f5 them both

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Hoping this is the opening segment tonight.

TK told Ruckus to make an orchestral version of Eddie's theme over the weekend just in case.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can't imagine what kind of match Austin and Goldberg could have, that would be entertaining. Maybe a missed spear by goldberg, a lariat by Austin for the win?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Bell rings, they lock up, Roman Reigns's music hit and he walks down to the ring for 15-20 minutes while doctors check to confirm neither guy injured themselves in the lock-up.

He cashes in his Tribal Chief briefcase to make the match a three-way, superman punch, superman punch. ACKNOWLEDGED.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merging stone cold and goldberg to create the ultimate wrestler iceberg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dacap posted:

I haven’t been following Murphy on the indies but is he still pretty much “we have Kenny Omega at home”?

I know he had done some stuff with Malakai continuing their lore from the end of their WWE run.

the kenny omega rip off poo poo was always so loving weird to me. the guy threw knees strikes too, like that was literally it even though neither were the first or last throw knees like they do. it just felt like a comment people made because the guy was in wwe during the big decline and people said he was having great matches on 205 live that no one wanted to go out of their way to watch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really liked BM and thought it was a weird criticism considering how many wrestlers bite each others things already, he was one of the guys i was really hoping would jump to aew or at least get a njpw jr title run

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I can't imagine what kind of match Austin and Goldberg could have, that would be entertaining. Maybe a missed spear by goldberg, a lariat by Austin for the win?

they both got a ton of charisma still, i'm sure they could put on something equal parts fun, exciting, and terrifying. all you need is like 5-7 minutes of actual work, you can probably milk another five out of just them pacing around the ring, refusing to lock up, while egging on the "This. is. Awesome." chants and "You still got it!" and whatnot

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Buddy is balls deep in the Malakai Black-verse, he's been working on doing something with Buddy for months and was featured in that weird movie thing Black did before he debuted.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ReciprocalValue/status/1494155234159079426

Holy poo poo someone get Big E in this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a lot of big bois for a ladder match

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Buddy is balls deep in the Malakai Black-verse, he's been working on doing something with Buddy for months and was featured in that weird movie thing Black did before he debuted.

Buddy is also working on an 8 pack

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1494101475466883077

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Surprised that Hobbs won.

Happy he did but Dante Martin in a Ladder Match seemed like one of those things they absolutely were not going to pass up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

buff bagwell was at dynamite

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Pretty sure he's doing a bit where he's parodying Eklund, a hockey rumor blogger. He'll "break" trade or free agency stories and rate the probability between E1 and E5. He's pretty infamous because in like 15 years of doing it he's basically never been right about anything.

Weird crossover.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

look, I know Scotty Riggs has been retired since 2009, but goddamnit I want to see American Males challenging Jurassic Express, just so I can hear the greatest theme in professional wrestling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7awnRAdbPk

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

https://twitter.com/Marcbuffbagwell/status/1494448284366221313?t=ip2Y4szmjDdHDtNQV9bgtA&s=19 oh lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
actually kind of legit shocked Dante Martin didnt win so much for turning your back on team taz loser

NJPW USA Taping spoiler: Shane Haste debuted and reunited TMDK with JONAH(and Bad Dude Tito i guess)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Swerve was Jay's open challenge opponent (which was obvious from the silhouette lmao) and refused to join the Bullet Club.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave regarding Mania:

Austin's happening. Unknown on if it's really going to be a "match" given...everything, but yeah. He's considered a comeback multiple times, and previously said he needed time to get to in-ring shape
There's been talk of another major surprise
Brock came up with the title/title idea
He or Lashley are winning the men's Chamber
Bianca's winning the women's Chamber

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Feel like brock has to win the chamber for title vs title so dunno why he said lashley win for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

During the Elimination Chamber PPV, The Miz did a backstage promo stating that he was calling for someone to be his partner against Rey and Dominik Mysterio.

The word backstage at the show is that the current plan is for the partner to be Logan Paul, potentially for Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Ace Austin and Speedball Mike Bailey defeat Jake Something and Trey Miguel
Moose promo interrupted by Heath who wants a title shot. Heath attacks Moose after he says he doesn't care about his kids
Brian Myers defeats Crazzy Steve
Matt Cardona retains the Digital Media title over Jordynne Grace in a no-DQ match
Masha Slamovich squashes Rachel Rose
Bhupinder Gujjar defeats John Skyler with Myers at ringside. Postmatch W Morrissey attacks Myers. Skyler tries to help but gets put through a table as Myers escapes
Deonna Purrazzo wins an open challenge answered by Lady Frost. Postmatch Gisele Shaw stares down Frost
JONAH squashes Zicky Dice. Postmatch JONAH continues attacking him
Honor No More (Matt Taven, Mike Kanellis and Kenny King) defeat Rich Swann, Chris Sabin and Willie Mack. Postmatch Eddie Edwards says Impact showed no faith in him when Kenny Omega held the belt hostage and everyone else was trusted to challenge and try to bring the belt back where it belongs. Alisha Edwards asks how he could turn his back on family; Eddie says HNM is his family and leaves with them, not her
Cassie Lee defeats Madison Rayne
Tasha Steelz defeats Chelsea Green with Mickie James on commentary
JONAH squashes Johnny Swinger. Postmatch PCO comes out, JONAH attacks but leaves after PCO's unfazed
Steve Maclin defeats Edwards by DQ after a kendo stick attack
Heath defeats Vincent. Postmatch HNM and Team Impact brawl, Moose comes out and Heath attacks him again
Bullet Club (Good Bros, Switchblade Jay White and Chris Bey) defeat Violent By Design (Deaner and Joe Doering) and GoD (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa). Postmatch GoD attack Bey, Switchblade escapes. Tanga says a leader doesn't leave his soldiers to die, and he's coming for him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brock's the current betting odds fav to win the title vs title Mania match with Reigns :yeshaha:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

fightful says jonathan gresham is expected to be backstage at aew tonight

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vertical Lime posted:

fightful says jonathan gresham is expected to be backstage at aew tonight

Ooooooooooooh; maybe he's joining Bryan?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if the big announcement is partnering with and copromoting terminus and/or getting the ROH archives to do a streaming service i'll be extremely happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

All Elite Wrestling is set to land another big free agent.

After weeks of rumors, Fightful has learned that All Elite Wrestling is signing Shane "Swerve" Strickland. Wrestling Observer noted last week,that Swerve was expected to come to AEW, but later noted it wasn't made clear if Strickland is AEW bound, and said "there's a very chance he's coming in." Fightful has been told that since January, many within AEW were operating on the assumption that the deal was going forward, and that the deal is in effect starting the first week of March. Those that we spoke to said AEW inquired very early after his release about potentially bringing Swerve in.

We've also heard a lot of talk that AEW views Strickland as a potential crossover star. There have been numerous talent discussed over the past year for additional WarnerMedia shows, though nothing is a given. In regards to Strickland's interest from outside companies that we've reported, he's already been booked for GCW dates, and appeared for numerous high level indies. While he's appeared for NJPW, we're told he doesn't have a contract with them. Also, ROH has had interest in booking him for dates for their reboot, though that hasn't been announced and likely won't happen now.

Strickland was a top talent in NXT, and was released by WWE along with the rest of Hit Row shortly after their Smackdown debuts.