Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i do like that jimmy got the last laugh in some ways. reagan is in hell and his brain rotted to poo poo before he died, he used to be the chud god emperor but his body got ripped out of the golden throne and replaced with an even more hosed up idiot. meanwhile jimmy is like helping cure poo poo in other countries and building houses and doing big sunday school stuff and is happily married still to his wife.

Carter had his flaws, but he was a fundamentally honest man who told Americans the truths they didn't want to hear.

Reagan was a bullshit artist who lied through his loving teeth to the American people, but he made them feel so good while he was doing it that he ended up winning the day (unfortunately for our generation).

For once, the good didn't die young and we still have Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Carter also still gets presidential briefings and gets to consult with the President on occasion. Trump doesn’t get briefings and Biden is probably never going to call him in to consult on anything.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Xenocides posted:

Carter also still gets presidential briefings and gets to consult with the President on occasion. Trump doesn’t get briefings and Biden is probably never going to call him in to consult on anything.

I would call Trump just to do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zil posted:

I would call Trump just to do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

It would be pretty hilarious to call Trump up to solicit advice on Ukraine, wait for him to start a long-winded spiel about "many people are saying that Putin is a tremendous guy" only to interrupt with "We don't give a poo poo what a loser like you thinks!" and hanging up.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

No you fools! It'll take 10, or maybe even 15, flushes to get those down, thanks to the Democrats' low-flow toilets!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Samovar posted:

And who was the president who read a kids book as the twin towers were attacked?

That's the point of their post. Conservatives will deny reality to meet their prejudices. Right up to the point until they get killed by it.

I seem to recall reading a poll back in like 2014 that something like 20% of Republicans blame Obama for the terrible handling of Hurricane Katrina. There is a significant portion of the Republican electorate for whom a Republican can literally never be at fault for anything, and those who can admit it still vote for them regardless.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Carter had his flaws, but he was a fundamentally honest man who told Americans the truths they didn't want to hear.

Reagan was a bullshit artist who lied through his loving teeth to the American people, but he made them feel so good while he was doing it that he ended up winning the day (unfortunately for our generation).

For once, the good didn't die young and we still have Carter.
I thought I had one quote about Jimmy Carter saved, but it was two.

"(Jimmy) Carter’s like an ex-boyfriend you stayed friends with; looking back, you realize it wasn’t so bad."

and

"Jimmy Carter is, not even kidding, personally responsible for the near-eradication of the guinea worm. God willing he sees the species extinct before he dies."

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

You also get Erotic Almond, but no one points that out!

There ARE almond M&Ms now, and they did just cancel the sexy green M&M

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm surprised some youtube pranker hasn't called Trump yet pretending to be Biden to ask advice on something, honestly.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

The only abomination is his lovely rear end music.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's the most frustrating seeing things like this isn't that they're doing it it's that the other side isn't doing it right back a thousand times over.

..Unless they are. Actually I have no idea if the dems pull this kind of poo poo too. I suspect I'd have heard about it though.

Yes. If they had proof of Democrats actually doing similar, I suspect Republicans would have mentioned it one or two trillion times.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zrBgzuNjs

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Asterite34 posted:

It's less a thing he believes in the sense that he thinks it's objective fact, so much as a thing that will be true if he says it loud enough. It's the combination of having a lovely dad who taught him that love and positive affirmation are conditional and transactional, as well as a belief in the power of positive thinking a la The Secret, that you can just will things into existence by asserting them hard enough (being a spoiled scion of wealth probably helped reinforce this delusion). He has to be the best or in his own mind he is worthless scum, and the best way for him to do that is to simply Karen out at the universe and assert that he's the best at all times to everyone within earshot.
quoting this because I want to think about it and re-read it later. It reminds me of some things that Prestor Jane posted, I think in D&D about six years ago. I do not know the whole story of how she got kicked off the forums but she predicted a bunch of stuff with surprising accuracy.

Cat Hassler posted:

Trump is already miserable. Got humiliated in his election loss and banned from Twitter and NYC hates him and his family (and NY has him on the run) so he’s stuck living in Florida with a wife who hates him. He’s reduced to making dinner time and DJing appearances to guests at his poo poo golf resort to feed his ego

Jail would be funnier but if he dies alone and unloved down there and leaves his kids hosed financially and legal :lol:

I will be happy only with a complete screaming tantrum during a perp walk. Nothing less. I'd rather spend the rest of my life unsatisfied than settle for less than I deserve.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/MrPaulBae/status/1494042904238518272

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Forgiato Blow, the Suburban Legend and Trump doll rapper mans

His real name is Kurt Jantz.

Imagine being named Kurt Jantz.

Also he mouth is upside down lol

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 17, 2022

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hazo posted:

Travel vaccination requirements have been a thing forever, as have vaccinations for schooling and no-shirt-no-shoes rules.

Literally nothing out of the ordinary is happening mandate-wise, but suddenly these fucks are terrified of SLIPPERY SLOPE because trump brainworms ate holes in them and being an unapologetic performative jackass is okay now.

Yes, but that was those "other vaccines". The covid vaccine is still too new, has 5g nanobots, makes you magnetic, makes your balls swell, is a democratic plot, "You can't tell me what to do", etc. I didn't ever say they were smart, just that this is what they're railing against for whatever reason

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Steadiman posted:

Let's have aircrews be waiters/waitresses of the sky again so they can serve me peanuts instead of their current primary job of keeping me safe!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1494044326481076229

All planes should have an airlock. You get one warning to be good and wear a mask at the beginning of the flight. gently caress around, find out as the aircrew dumps you at 30,000 feet

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Cat Hassler posted:

Trump is already miserable. Got humiliated in his election loss and banned from Twitter and NYC hates him and his family (and NY has him on the run) so he’s stuck living in Florida with a wife who hates him. He’s reduced to making dinner time and DJing appearances to guests at his poo poo golf resort to feed his ego

Jail would be funnier but if he dies alone and unloved down there and leaves his kids hosed financially and legal :lol:

Does he even have sufficient self awareness of his situation to be miserable about it? He’s surrounded himself with so many bootlickers and yes men he probably gets told hourly that NYC are simply intimidated by his wealth, his family think he’s a majestic father figure and that he won the election. His Twitter ban is probably the only thing he’s genuinely mad about because it’s the one thing his yes men can’t actually lie to him about.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lol, who was it flying Nazi flags at the trucker rallies again?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1494166432887701511?s=20&t=iAyFVeB_cCQA2n-yPtc8KA

This lady just announced her retirement from broadcasting during the Super Bowl, and apparently it was so that she could let her chud flag fly.

Great job! :thumbsup:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Last Call posted:

I'm totally not running away scared of the cops and coming up with excuses, please don't bother me at my home .

https://twitter.com/ItsDeanBlundell/status/1494072212004950018

I don't think bouncy castles are on wharves either.

Lol, after spending weeks protesting around other people's homes. I hope someone burns his house down, honestly

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Outrail posted:

There's a desperate need for a group of people to take turns camping outside his house with an air horn a week or three.

Yeah, but all the people that would do that work for a living

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1494166432887701511?s=20&t=iAyFVeB_cCQA2n-yPtc8KA

This lady just announced her retirement from broadcasting during the Super Bowl, and apparently it was so that she could let her chud flag fly.

Great job! :thumbsup:

To be fair her departure was known well in advance and her politics have been known for quite some time now, so it wasn't a big surprise if you follow football commentators and NFL broadcasting news. An interview in 2015, linked below, has her describing her weird mix of libertarian politics.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/12/06/media-circus-michelle-tafoya-sunday-night-football-lorne-rubenstein

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, but all the people that would do that work for a living

Lol I was actually thinking about whether I'd do something like that or not and the first objection was 'gently caress I don't have time for poo poo like that'.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Is that… really Ricky?

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE

trickybiscuits posted:

I thought I had one quote about Jimmy Carter saved, but it was two.

"(Jimmy) Carter’s like an ex-boyfriend you stayed friends with; looking back, you realize it wasn’t so bad."

and

"Jimmy Carter is, not even kidding, personally responsible for the near-eradication of the guinea worm. God willing he sees the species extinct before he dies."

Jimmy Carter also personally saved Ottawa from nuclear meltdown in 1952

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Let me tell you a tale, the epic saga of a Florida Woman.

Cindy Falco-DiCorrado is a white woman from Florida, United States born in 1973. She has lived in Palm Beach County all her life. Palm Beach County is not one of the shittier counties - it's 28% republican, 40% democrat. It is still Florida, however.
She's a registered Republican. I'd give you two guesses where this is going, and you'd be right.

Our story begins in 2017, when she was a volunteer board member for community development, when the issue of Sanctuary cities came up. As CBS 12 puts it, she "resigned a week after making what some called racial remarks."

quote:

resigned a week after making what some called racial remarks.
DiCorrado did not want to talk on camera but told CBS12she’s is going to be teaching floral design in another city.

What did she say? okayplayer is a bit more frank in their description

quote:

The incident took place back on December 5 during a commission meeting where the city’s leaders discussed the issue of becoming a sanctuary city. According to a report from the Palm Beach Post, volunteer board member Cindy Falco-DiCorrado told one resident, Mathi Mulligan, that he should speak “better English,” as well as told a group of black residents “You’re lucky we brought you over as slaves, or else you’d be deported, too.”

Falco-DiCorrado said that her comments were misunderstood and she did not mean any harm. Although she initially declined a request for resignation from the city’s vice mayor, Justin Katz, Falco-DiCorrado ultimately resigned after she informed a city clerk that she received a new career opportunity.

“I also heard that the City of Boynton Beach is being attacked through my stance on sanctuary cities and things that I said that were taken out of context and it just keeps getting worse as those who have hate in their hearts only can hear and see hate,” she wrote. “I ask if anyone was hurt by things that I said that could of been misconstrued, taken out of context or due to misunderstandings to please forgive me. For the record I am NOT a racist nor a white supremacist (which I had to look up what it meant) I forgive them too.”

“I see that a lynch mob was put out on me which keeps Boynton Beach in a negative light. I do love the City of Boynton Beach and I don’t want to see lies and vileness spewed for an agenda of a certain group,” she added.

Why am I bringing up a story of a racist in 2017? For several reasons, but the first and most obvious is that of course she attempted to leverage that into a run for mayor. And she's a Trump Supporter. And she's an anti-masker. And a hilarious Karen. Who was arrested twice. The first time outside of a flea market in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGguVNRnpo

There were a lot of people in that first video, I'd forgive you for not immediately recognizing which one is her. Perhaps these pictures would help:

No? Perhaps she'd be more recognizable from this angle
https://twitter.com/gbennettpost/status/1105484847684952070?s=20&t=yHpSUYrHTI7ZZt71ajb-KQ
Hell, you may have even seen her before in this classic outfit:

Here's her best Karen moment (January 14th, 2021), captured in full video, in your choice of two formats, a twitter thread with a few shorter video highlights, or a wonderful nine-minute long compilation video on youtube (every moment is gold)
https://twitter.com/crazykarens/status/1350140253181517826?s=20&t=wxgLaXGzJ2PxdDwexRX4hg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCi8FdPSXF8

She was arrested for this, of course. (entertaining but not recommended on account of laughs to length ratio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folXDhIwlTk

I want to remind you, she was arrested at Einstein's Bagels. I'm not impressed. On the other hand, she decided to post $2000 bail, plead not guilty to misdemeanor trespass and nonviolent resisting arrest. As a very stable genius, she served as her own lawyer at trial. She was found guilty after a mere hour of deliberation

quote:

DiCorrado unsuccessfully served as her own defense attorney, refusing a plea deal that would have required that she completes 50 hours community service. She reportedly attempted to have charges against her dropped on the grounds Florida is a “fictional entity” that lacks “territorial jurisdiction.” DiCorrado is not a lawyer.

Fini:

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 17, 2022

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

LordSloth posted:

I'd give you two guesses where this is going, and you'd be right.

She isn’t dead from COVID so my guess was wrong

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 17, 2022

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/NickKnudsenUS/status/1494188741904068613

This isn’t even unusual with all the rebel groups out there but Russian domestic media and all their bots were all over this story very fast. Casus belli being established.

The Russian backed rebels claimed Ukraine’s military fired first and Ukraine claims it was the rebels. Russian bots and influencers are pushing a narrative that the US told the “Kiev junta” to do this. They are also being intentionally sloppy and implying that Russian troops have been hit.

A few hours ago Russian agencies claimed they discovered a mass grave of people killed by Ukraine’s military.

Could be nothing or could be something.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's something because they're gonna invade because they're doing a lot of loving poo poo for a country that's not about to invade another one.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

gently caress off Lahey!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

bad_fmr posted:

gently caress off Lahey!

The "gently caress you, and gently caress you" was very Ricky. I'm from Nova Scotia and can confirm that every third word in a sentence is usually gently caress.

His frustration is palpable.
Over here we've got a few big rigs with Canadian flags plastered all over them, and a few with signs signalling support, but for the most part these protestors have been considered fools by most everyone in my area.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheNoel_N/status/1494239512247115779

Never occurred to you that you could just sit this one out?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He needs the hundreds of millions of souls to maintain his life force. Of course he can't sit it out. What do you expect him to do? Just die like a regular mortal? After all the blood he's offered up to the Old Ones? Get real.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
In a just universe he’d be tossed out of a plane on the tarmac at Phnom Penh airport and torn to shreds by Khmer Rouge survivors

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Xenocides posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNoel_N/status/1494239512247115779

Never occurred to you that you could just sit this one out?

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1494118918755024900?s=21

Gonna have some fun with that.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1494243185836576769

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1494246235515011073

Ukrainian school was hit. Russian influencers and bots are spreading the story that it was a separatist school hit by the Ukraine military but this is not true. No casualties reported yet but a lot of video of artillery fire.

The Biden administration has made it clear they are not buying this pretext.

I am ready for Tucker to be the Tokyo Rose of this conflict.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well, that's ww3 started. Flee the city you live in before the rush starts. No really. Do it. If you live in a city or anywhere near a military base - don't. Feel embarrassed for overreacting later.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Feeling bad for Ukrainians right now

Not the Nazi ones though

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

LordSloth posted:

Let me tell you a tale, the epic saga of a Florida Woman.

Cindy Falco-DiCorrado is a white woman from Florida, United States born in 1973. She has lived in Palm Beach County all her life. Palm Beach County is not one of the shittier counties - it's 28% republican, 40% democrat. It is still Florida, however.
She's a registered Republican. I'd give you two guesses where this is going, and you'd be right.

Our story begins in 2017, when she was a volunteer board member for community development, when the issue of Sanctuary cities came up. As CBS 12 puts it, she "resigned a week after making what some called racial remarks."

What did she say? okayplayer is a bit more frank in their description

Why am I bringing up a story of a racist in 2017? For several reasons, but the first and most obvious is that of course she attempted to leverage that into a run for mayor. And she's a Trump Supporter. And she's an anti-masker. And a hilarious Karen. Who was arrested twice. The first time outside of a flea market in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGguVNRnpo

There were a lot of people in that first video, I'd forgive you for not immediately recognizing which one is her. Perhaps these pictures would help:

No? Perhaps she'd be more recognizable from this angle
https://twitter.com/gbennettpost/status/1105484847684952070?s=20&t=yHpSUYrHTI7ZZt71ajb-KQ
Hell, you may have even seen her before in this classic outfit:

Here's her best Karen moment (January 14th, 2021), captured in full video, in your choice of two formats, a twitter thread with a few shorter video highlights, or a wonderful nine-minute long compilation video on youtube (every moment is gold)
https://twitter.com/crazykarens/status/1350140253181517826?s=20&t=wxgLaXGzJ2PxdDwexRX4hg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCi8FdPSXF8

She was arrested for this, of course. (entertaining but not recommended on account of laughs to length ratio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folXDhIwlTk

I want to remind you, she was arrested at Einstein's Bagels. I'm not impressed. On the other hand, she decided to post $2000 bail, plead not guilty to misdemeanor trespass and nonviolent resisting arrest. As a very stable genius, she served as her own lawyer at trial. She was found guilty after a mere hour of deliberation

Fini:

SovCit too, impressive lineup of stupidity on that resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Xenocides posted:

A few hours ago Russian agencies claimed they discovered a mass grave of people killed by Ukraine’s military.

Yeah, they tried pulling this bullshit in WWII at Katyn. Claimed it was the Nazis in the summer. The bodies were all Polish officers in cold weather gear executed by the Russians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 17, 2022