Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's spelled roast beef, but pronounced roast'd be'f

However it doesn't refer to roasted beef, which is something different altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s the roast beef paste for?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

so everyone can get up their own rear end about an arby's joke from the daily show

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Data Graham posted:

Cool, that's a much more authoritative looking (and sensible) source, thanks.

Wish I knew what site I actually found at the time, no longer googleable but making a fool of me from beyond the grave

For your tribulations, I dub thee "Sir Loin of Beef"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

OwlFancier posted:

Same reason you don't say stirred fried or curried chicken.
I have bad news from across the pond.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I worked at Arby's as a teen and it gets entirely too much poo poo. The roast beef is actually whole muscle beef that is seasoned and cooked for like 16 hours on site, and sliced to order on the line. The quality of the food is really good (for fast food).

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Because roast beef has fewer syllables and everyone knows what it means. Same reason you don't say stirred fried or curried chicken.

Unless your Montgomery Burns.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I worked at Arby's as a teen and it gets entirely too much poo poo. The roast beef is actually whole muscle beef that is seasoned and cooked for like 16 hours on site, and sliced to order on the line. The quality of the food is really good (for fast food).

:agreed:

It's tasty and you get a ton of it. I think it's a casualty of comedians using it as a punchline because the name sounds kind of funny

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

There's layers to the myth, really. The beef comes in a marinade pouch that really does look kind of unpleasant and gelatinous at a cursory glance, but the same is true for any chain fast food chicken that isn't breaded. But also, a lot of that flak started coming up as noise when other chains were getting roasted (beef) for other dead cow things, like the old Jack in the Box kangaroo meat thing.

Granted, it's also a fast food place which means even if the corporate method isn't actually play doh meat like the urban legends say, your particular local chain might be a cesspit of disease.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Arbys is the most convenient way to try sou vissled roast beef. Beef en sous vide roast. Beef en roast sous vide. gently caress it's happening again.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
everyone shut up about roast beeves and get a load of this

https://twitter.com/jeanettehayes/status/1493403426906066947?s=21

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The unclear question is, though: is the roast beef roasted in this cooking process?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PERMACAV 50 posted:

everyone shut up about roast beeves and get a load of this

https://twitter.com/jeanettehayes/status/1493403426906066947?s=21

that has to be fake and just too much of a lovely hollandaise sauce or something but I adore the idea of blasting oysters under a salamander or something to melt the cheese and then putting them on the ice bed, so you have cooked oysters that are covered by cold cheese, the absolute worst possible application of both.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
A metric foot is 12 metric inches i.e. 12x2.5cm i.e. 30cm

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I like it a lot. My only problem with the RB is that its quality drops of fast as it cools.

Also they're like one of two places I can get consistently good fast food mozz sticks, and the rest of the food at the other place isn't great.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Glueing bits of roast beef together.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Glueing bits of roast beef together.

Build your own roast beef adventure

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Kinda want arbys rn

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

It does not taste like cereal milk. My disappointment is immeasurable, etc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

Yabba-dabba-dooooon't

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Unforgiveable heresy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVOS4CJIls

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Looks like a white chocolate nestle crunch, but with fruity pebbles instead of rice crispies.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Eh, would.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Eww, Britannia

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

teen witch posted:

Eww, Britannia

I had no idea folks were memeing beans all the way back in the 70s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Eww, Britannia

What the gently caress

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

teen witch posted:

Eww, Britannia

Never has an image made me more resolute in the fact that the US made the right decision to leave the empire.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I say we give the brits a chance

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Hygiene posted:

I had no idea folks were memeing beans all the way back in the 70s

Captain Hygiene posted:

Meme beans and a shitpost pie. what a nation

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It’s called Stargazey Pie and looks inedible, it’s the most british thing imaginable.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I would 100% eat a stargazy pie, sardines are delicious.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Where does adding cream cheese to alfredo sauce fall on the Italian food wrath scale?

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

KataraniSword posted:

There's layers to the myth, really. The beef comes in a marinade pouch that really does look kind of unpleasant and gelatinous at a cursory glance, but the same is true for any chain fast food chicken that isn't breaded. But also, a lot of that flak started coming up as noise when other chains were getting roasted (beef) for other dead cow things, like the old Jack in the Box kangaroo meat thing.

Granted, it's also a fast food place which means even if the corporate method isn't actually play doh meat like the urban legends say, your particular local chain might be a cesspit of disease.

Remember seeing people complain about Panera soup because it came in bags... Did they expect each store to make it from scratch every morning?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You especially need the Italian seasoning if you want an "Italian fill"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cornwall made some weird food. They also made the cornish pasty though, so they get a pass.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Kinda want arbys rn
I went to one for the first time in like 20 years recently, and was pleasantly surprised by the Mediterranean wrap. Went back another time and tried the gyro, also not bad for fast food.

teen witch posted:

Eww, Britannia

I;m not thinking about thos beans

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Zero_Grade posted:

I;m not thinking about thos beans

I am, but I really wish I weren't

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
obsessively ruminating about thos beans

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MuscaDomestica posted:

Remember seeing people complain about Panera soup because it came in bags... Did they expect each store to make it from scratch every morning?
Reminds me of people who are aghast when they find out that places like Dunkin Donuts get premade donuts shipped to them that they put in the oven. Like, did people seriously think that chain donut places are making everything from scratch every day?

I blame it on the fact that so many people don't cook anymore that they have no idea how long things actually take to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Haifisch posted:

Reminds me of people who are aghast when they find out that places like Dunkin Donuts get premade donuts shipped to them that they put in the oven. Like, did people seriously think that chain donut places are making everything from scratch every day?

I blame it on the fact that so many people don't cook anymore that they have no idea how long things actually take to make.

Dunkin’ used to make them fresh in the shops back in the day, and it was a big part of their advertising. Of course that was when there wasn’t 30 shops per square mile.