Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
LET'S loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Alctel posted:

Hell yeah, I'm in and playing it, it unlocked early

lets goooooooooo

Holy poo poo what?

:getin:

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

QuintessenceX posted:

Holy poo poo what?

:getin:

it's out, I got the message when I got back from work

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yup, there it is.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
lol yeah it's live, holy poo poo thank you whoever screwed this up

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the gently caress it unpacked early?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Cool about the unpacking! I gotta get to bed though.

I decided to reinstall and beat a normal Oxyotl campaign. I beat the final battle tonight, but despite the patch supposedly making it easier, I still haven't been able to get the 5 required "hard" missions even after turn 115.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

lol why are these guys wandering around in a blizzard without hats

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Heck ‘n yes!

Woke up a little early and checked my phone. GG errybody! Starting coffee now while it downloads.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gonkish posted:

What the gently caress it unpacked early?

steam has been doing this a lot lately. It'll unlock in some part of the world and steam will just be like "gently caress it you're good to go". Off the top of my head, it happened with Monster Hunter and Dying Light 2 and a third game I can't remember lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This tutorial is loving sick but I feel like I should just stop playing it because it's just going to lead to disappointment later. There's no way the rest of the game is this rpgish and pays this much attention to narrative.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sweeeeeeeeeeet Warhammer 3 launched early.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just woke up and realizing unpacking is gonna take like 30 mins :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Still got like 4 hours until I'm home from work and then maybe another 30 mins to 1 hour to unpack...

Have fun everyone :negative:

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal
Do we know when the workshop will become active for this game? Totally forgot how long it took for warhams 2.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nice I just walked in from work. Time for the stinky boys to go smell the place up I think.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The trees on the campaign map look like poo poo.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It runs surprisingly well, not gonna lie. Map is a lot more readable, as well.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Greasus Goldtooth is my best friend
Edit--I really need a new gpu drat. This old 1080 isnt happy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Greasus Goldtooth is my best friend
Edit--I really need a new gpu drat. This old 1080 isnt happy

I went to a 3070 from the 1080. That thing is a workhorse and I bless it from afar.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So just in case it wasn't clear at this point, Gorgers are completely and utterly busted in-and-of themselves, let alone with the mapwide Skrag buff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Hw-CrL4Tc

Even without Skrag, they're only barely losing against far more expensive units explicitly designed to counter their unit type, and with him (once he gets some kills) they flat out beat said "counters."

-Celestial Dragon Guard Halberds: Same price as Gorgers, get utterly and completely stomped in all situations. This isn't just the Gorger's fault, as CDG apparently just kind of suck in general, but certainly not a great starting sign. This is also with CDG abusing their own currently existing bug/exploit in regards to Charge Reflection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96tk6DAM6ww).

-Bear Riders: Only barely win on the charge against unbuffed Gorgers, and flat out lose with full Skrag buffs (with middling levels of buffs probably resulting in more variance). So to wit, that's Anti-Large elite monstrous cavalry with great stats either only barely eking a win against Anti-Infantry monstrous infantry, or flat out losing... that also cost 500 more.

-Skullcrushers: Similar to the above, but these are super elite monstrous cavalry that lack the anti-large but come with even better stats and more models... and cost 700 more than Gorgers. And for test purposes, they were first tested against Ironguts, which are only 100 less than Gorgers and come with significant armor and AP - the Skullcrushers solidly won every engagement, taking decent damage, sure, but about what's expected from that matchup given the price differential, lack of relevant anti- abilities on either side and the presence of AP. Gorgers, on the other hand... see above.

-Dual Wielding Minotaurs of Khorne: A unit which, theoretically, fulfills the exact same role as Gorgers (anti-infantry) while costing 400 more. Completely dumpstered. Great Weapon Minotaurs: Again, despite being anti-large monstrous units that cost massively more than Gorgers, only barely squeak out a win against completely unbuffed ones and lose once Skrag is accounted for.

Like, there's messing up your balancing between factions due to something being slightly overtuned and not taking into account all the variables, and then there's this. Missing some unit or faction synergy that makes a unit more effective in situations it shouldn't be is one thing (and I'll toss Skrag's buff in here to give benefit of the doubt), but missing how a unit completely unbuffed and unsupported is consistently wrecking far more expensive hard counters is a huge failure by everyone involved in designing and testing them. Even aside from how unbalanced this is for opposing players to deal with, there's basically no point to taking Ironguts at the moment, because you're saving practically nothing and the main purpose for their armor (blocking damage from arrows) is mostly irrelevant for Gorgers anyways since they Stalk. And again, these fights are literally the worst possible situation for Gorgers, because in an actual battle them having Stalk and Gnoblars being ludicrously cheap chaff means competent players aren't generally going to let these ideal engagements for their "counters" happen in the first place.

tl;dr: If you want to play with completely broken units, play Ogres now. Because between poo poo like this and Ironblasters there's almost certainly going to be a heavy nerf coming down the pipe fairly quickly.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

JBP posted:

Nice I just walked in from work. Time for the stinky boys to go smell the place up I think.

yeah and play some TWW3 too

so what's the deal with unit size, is it still affecting gameplay like it used to? I remember the bigger you had your unit sizes, the less effective things like targeted spells were on them

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

The tutorial campaign should be subtitled 'a series of bad decisions'

Fun though!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Balance is always off in new releases

i remember my goblins beating phoenix guard when Grom came out :allears:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
How is battle difficulty in 3 compared to 2? Still a bunch of melee stat bonuses for hard+?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

pain

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I would assume so. It's not like they have any hidden AI secrets to unleash. Giving them stat bonuses is how they make it very hard. They release the same game with a different skin every year and they're not about to stop now.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

glad I woke up an hour before I intended because its still not done

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I would assume so. It's not like they have any hidden AI secrets to unleash. Giving them stat bonuses is how they make it very hard. They release the same game with a different skin every year and they're not about to stop now.

They could rework how difficulty bonuses are distributed, though.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I have to work now. From home. On my computer. That I've installed Warhammer 3 on. It's right there.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

cool av posted:

look protoss are fine, quit whining

Convinced me to start with tzeentch

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I put the textures to medium to get good FPS which worked nice, as long as there's less than 2 full armies fighting I'm not dipping below 60fps in battle on a 1060 6GB. It also looks just fine for both of those because I don't really zoom in.

Opening the character screens to level up and equip poo poo though...

Given the lack of other action on the screen during this part of the game, it feels like the options could afford to be more charitable.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
So far the game is having a lot of issues for me at 2560x1440. It launches in 1920x1080. I can swap to my resolution but it drifts up the screen a little bit (mouse cursor is slightly off too.) If I set it to "window" it drifts even more. Setting it back to fullscreen works until I hit a loading screen or change focus. Cut scenes also seem to gently caress it up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

QuintessenceX posted:

Do we know when the workshop will become active for this game? Totally forgot how long it took for warhams 2.

I don't remember either, but CA has to release the assembly kit for the game in order for any significant modding to be done iirc

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Mahasamatman posted:

So far the game is having a lot of issues for me at 2560x1440. It launches in 1920x1080. I can swap to my resolution but it drifts up the screen a little bit (mouse cursor is slightly off too.) If I set it to "window" it drifts even more. Setting it back to fullscreen works until I hit a loading screen or change focus. Cut scenes also seem to gently caress it up.

Going to quote myself because I fixed this by changing the UI scale to 100%. Apparently CA has had this issue with a few games. Changing the resolution was defaulting the scale to 200% which threw information off the screen and caused the cursor to not line up. It's under Advanced Settings > UI Scale

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
still unpacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEdUuD_F2Q

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Oh thank god Im in

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Zhao Ming, in dragon form, can say 30 lines at one time if you keep telling him to move on the battle map.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Ogres own. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's 2022. What the gently caress is this texture doing here?

That looks like loving dogshit from ten years ago.

Just look at this loving d-tier garbage.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 17, 2022