Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whoever did the least damage becomes dps, whoever took the least damage becomes tank, flip a coin for the remaining two spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

are the default hotbars incredibly cursed for PC users like on console?

They're just placed on the hotbars in the order you learn the abilities so absolutely cursed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WrightOfWay posted:

They're just placed on the hotbars in the order you learn the abilities so absolutely cursed.

Along with sprint, return, teleport, and the playguide for some reason.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Been doing the Vanu Vanu beast tribe quest and one of them has me collecting Korrigans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljv6A36Nf1k

what the gently caress

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Subjunctive posted:

Whoever did the least damage becomes dps, whoever took the least damage becomes tank, flip a coin for the remaining two spots.

Tank is whoever takes least damage.
Healer is whoever took the most damage.
The other two have to be DPS.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

YggiDee posted:

You should be able to hotswap jobs but the party composition has to stay the same. Like if you swap from healer to DPS another DPS player is automatically changed to a healer. Do they not have any levelled healer jobs? They're a White Mage now and they'll learn what the buttons do the hard way.

That Hojo guy who dies pretty quietly comes back as a trial or raid boss. People have to stand in squares for one mechanic, and then everyone gets their soul kicked to a different square and occupies the body of the person who was standing there. You get their hotbars.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Been doing the Vanu Vanu beast tribe quest and one of them has me collecting Korrigans

what the gently caress

I had the exact same reaction.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

next expack needs a Freelancer class that lets you pick from all class skills like the blue magebook

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Decided to dust off BLM which I haven't played for a while and was never great at & thought I'd do a Trust before inflicting myself on other people. It went so well Urianger committed suicide on the first boss of Mt Gulg.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 17, 2022

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I got all these god drat jobs to 90 and now I am going to shitpost about them as a casual scrub.

Best Jobs: Reaper, Sage, Gunbreaker - There's a lot to be said about being new I guess. All these jobs feel great to play and don't have the baggage that some earlier jobs have. Reaper is so stylish and satisfying, the way the screen shakes with so many of your attacks. Sage is pure joy, the most frictionless healer to me and I love all the sounds and effects. Gunbreaker is a million buttons (especially since I refuse to cabe in and have gnashing fang taking up 3 different buttons like a real combo) and also a giant gently caress-off 1200 potency nuke with surprisingly little dropoff. Also really good sustain. Not as good as warrior, but it's also not horribly boring like war is.

Worst Jobs: White Mage, Paladin, Dragoon - They all just suck to me, and they don't do what I want out of the role in a way that I find cool. Whitemage fails my only healer metric which is having a spammable instant cast aoe attack but they also don't have the suite of ogcd's that the other healers have so I hated it. Paladin's rotation is a series of having to hit the same button 3 times in a row and you just kinda rotate through which button that is but that's boring and their rotation is rigid and I hate it. Dragoon should feel fine, it was fine before and pretty much nothing changed, yet I hated it the most out of all the dps jobs this time around. I can only assume this is because the other jobs I have classically hated got improved and is no longer sitting there looking bad to make drg look better.

Most Improved: Monk, Black Mage, Summoner? - Monk rework helped a lot. Removing most of the positional really helped with the stress of the job and the perfect balance enders are all sweet. Enochian becoming a trait helped black mage out a fair bit! I still don't like the job but now I only mildly dislike it instead of completely hating it. Summoner has a ? because my total summoner playtime prior to EW was like 3 hours worth of gimmick book club runs in ARR and however long it took to do the job quests. But I leveled it instead of using sch this time and I actually really enjoyed it! Might use it for overworld farming.

What the gently caress: Dark Knights, Machinist - So I actually liked DRK a fair bit while playing it. I may even have had the most fun playing it over the other tanks, so I think the EW changes are good. But every other tank getting completely absurd sustain and dark knight, a job that has historically had sustain in the series, was pretty questionable. To say nothing of the endless bitching from drk's over the past 2 years on the OF. Extremely surprised they didn't do anything with the job. Machinist is here because their DPS is loving dire for the "pure" dps ranged physical.

Role Quests: They were all poo poo. Ranged physical and Melee dps were the least poo poo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The secret to drg is that it's the class with the most positionals after the mnk rework so you move as part of your rotation, and moving is fun

The real way it got worse this expansion is that the ogcds no longer have any fluidity whatsoever. Every single delay grates. The GCDs have been very rigid since ARR but for a long time, the class was kind of loosey goosey with the ogcds in a way that it no longer is at all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm also the role quests liker. They were all good. Tank was the least good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Electric Phantasm posted:

what the gently caress

Mandragoras just like screaming.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

PLD kicks rear end, sorry.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm also the role quests liker. They were all good. Tank was the least good.

That's correct. And tank was only least good due to Gridania's dearth of characters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Role Quests: They were all poo poo. Ranged physical and Melee dps were the least poo poo.

I've only done three so far.

Ranged DPS had a pretty great story, and brought back Gosetsu.. Healer was alright; I'm that one guy that likes spending time with Fordola and helping her turn her life around. Caster was kinda dull, though it was nice to have Artoriel actually SAY SOMETHING, unlike in the MSQ. I also felt bad for the clone. It's weird how the quests have this weird issue of both going on too long, but also addressing all of the raised issues extremely quickly.

Working on the Melee DPS Role Quest now, and then I'm gonna have to work up the urge to level a Tank to 90.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 17, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YggiDee posted:

You should be able to hotswap jobs but the party composition has to stay the same. Like if you swap from healer to DPS another DPS player is automatically changed to a healer. Do they not have any levelled healer jobs? They're a White Mage now and they'll learn what the buttons do the hard way.

Ah, the Role-Play parts of the MSQ! :v:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

Whitemage fails my only healer metric which is having a spammable instant cast aoe attack

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anybody say that Holy is why they disliked WHM. Holy is the king of healer AOEs to which all others aspire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
WHM needs triplecast for more holy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

:hmmyes:

That said, I do think they should shorten the cast time of it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

:hmmyes:

That said, I do think they should shorten the cast time of it.

It's fine with its current cast time. There has to be some disadvantage to being the absolute best healer AoE by a country mile in dungeons.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Khizan posted:

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anybody say that Holy is why they disliked WHM. Holy is the king of healer AOEs to which all others aspire.

Naw, holy sucks. 6ish seconds of stun is cool but it's not as cool as the 600+ potency per monster of damage I can do as a sage or sch by being able to aoe on the run as the tank runs between groups. Nor is it as cool as being able to weave ogcd heals between nukes as required instead of clipping gcd's constantly like holy does.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Holy's great. It's cool and good that jobs have different abilities.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Holy needs to have like a 3.5s or 4.0s cast time and a commensurately huge potency.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it was one of my goals to get 95+ on every dungeon and i finally got it tonight (wasn't getting Dead End for like a month in edxr lol)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ferrinus posted:

Holy needs to have like a 3.5s or 4.0s cast time and a commensurately huge potency.

It used to be 3.5, and hit like a bus. It was better then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Failboattootoot posted:

Since you obviously didn't do the healer one you should make sure you fix that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Madmarker posted:

I mean Jenova is a "calamity from the skies," and (Endwalker Spoilers) we now have an established means of space travel and knowledge that other extraterrestrial civilizations beyond just the dragons and Omega at least existed. So who knows what Meteion's chorus and now silence has caused to stir from tombs and worlds long since abandoned to their fates.

Combined Jenova and Lavos imo

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This would be cool as gently caress for a deep dungeon, let people switch jobs between floors.
You can already do this in map dungeons!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Vermain posted:

It's fine with its current cast time. There has to be some disadvantage to being the absolute best healer AoE by a country mile in dungeons.

Kind of a weird way to spell Phlegma III. (Seriously though, all of SGE's AoEs are massively powerful in dungeons, and all for the same reasons.)

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Got Vanasputi in a Roulette today. It was the first time this expansion I had to drag a group over the finish line with Clemency. PLD remains the best.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Time to get your hands dirty with Professions in the HW LP

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I didn’t try SMN at all before the EW changes but after EW I resolved to get all jobs to at least 50 (and currently getting them all to 60) and SMN was a rollercoaster of emotion for me. At level 20 I was really digging the job: it felt like it had something going on even at low level, and the rotation felt good in a way that very few other low level rotations DPS rotations feel good. So I was very excited about the levelling experience. Unfortunately, the higher level I went, the more I realised that the rotation was boring me. At least from level 30 to 60, the SMN rotation is very limited, and you end up pressing the same button over and over, for every single summon that you make. The changes between which summons you have also feel boring, since the effect is either an insta-cast, an insta-cast with faster GCD or a hard cast with more damage, but it’s still pressing the same button for all three. The last thing that I unlocked was Dreadwyrm Trance and even that is just a modifier on a button that you spam. The only other thing you do is press energy drain to get access to an oGCD.

I’ve heard that it does get a bit better once you are near the 80s but the contrast between my early exciting for the job compared to my current feelings about it is stark. I don’t think I’ve touched SMN for any content and just have been doing content with SCH to level the job.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 17, 2022

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SMN basically doesn't change between 60 and 86. Whether that is good or bad is going to vary from person to person. I will say that it feels significantly better once you do get to 86, but it's still one of the simplest jobs in the game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

WHM needs more poo poo before 45. I'm leveling WHM right now purely through frontlines because I can't deal with low level WHM.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Give me back Aero III. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

But Holy doee indeed rule just because it's an AoE centered around yourself instead of a targeted enemy so jump into that huge crowd and start exploding.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

asylum and sacred soil, along with offensive puddles like doton and salted earth, still show on Limited. they're possibly invisible if you turn effects to Off, at which point you're still trolling your healers, or if you're tank the ninja putting down doton

Weird, I tried it again, and at least my own effects it's visible on limited now :shrug:. I'll experiment some more next raid night.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, why isn't Ruin II upgraded for Scholar yet? I feel like it should be Broil VI or something by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

WrightOfWay posted:

SMN basically doesn't change between 60 and 86. Whether that is good or bad is going to vary from person to person. I will say that it feels significantly better once you do get to 86, but it's still one of the simplest jobs in the game.

I know they like to put new abilities in the added level range of an expansion, but given the complete rework of SMN it feels like a mistake to put the skill that makes their rotation even a little interesting all the way at level 86. Like, it's the kind of thing that should be at level 50, to make summoning egis more significant and fill out your rotation, not all the way at the end of the curve.

It's frustrating how that and RPR seem like they're designed around the idea that your rotation should be braindead simple until you're almost at max level. Meanwhile, monk and ninja are practically complete at 50!