Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1494020020980097024?s=20&t=pGzI3K3jB0wK14YzRi0Ukw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Last episode isn't out. This is a fake out. The entire cast dies.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Awesome news!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New image from The Sandman and Gaiman talked a little about how the first season switches things up quite a bit.

quote:

Gaiman opened up about the genre-hopping, tone-switching approach of The Sandman on screen. “You watch Episode 1 and think, ‘Oh, I get this thing: it’s like Downton Abbey, but with magic,’” he says. “Then you’ll be wondering, ‘What the hell is this?’ by Episode 2, when you’re meeting Gregory The Gargoyle in The Dreaming. Episode 5 is about as dark and traumatic as anything is ever gonna get, then you’ve got Episode 6, which is probably the most feel-good of all the episodes.” It’s a notion that looks set to differentiate The Sandman from all the other lavish fantasy adaptations out there. “If you didn’t like an episode of Game Of Thrones, you probably won’t like any other episode of Game Of Thrones,” reasons Gaiman. “With Sandman, it’s all about surprising you. It’s all about reinventing itself. It’s all about taking you on a journey you’ve not been on before.”

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

New image from The Sandman and Gaiman talked a little about how the first season switches things up quite a bit.

I think it was confirmed that episode 5 is 24 hours so that makes sense. I am guessing episode one is going to focus mostly on the group who imprison Morpheus (not spoilering that cause it's in the trailer) so probably most of the episode is the people and the ritual and my guess would be the last 10 mins feature Morpheus. Episode 6 being feel good makes me think Sound of Her Wings but that means 24 hours and the aftermath would be rolled into one episode possibly.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I am so hyped for Pecemaker season 2. Gunn killed the finale.

I can’t wait to see Snyder bros having a fit.

Edit: tags just in case

Oh drat I found a guy who's claiming Gunn is racist because Cyborg wasn't in that scene. This dude is nuts. Hilarious though.

[

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 17, 2022

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

He was though! Oh, that's probably why the tweet is gone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh drat I found a guy who's claiming Gunn is racist because Cyborg wasn't in that scene. This dude is nuts. Hilarious though.

https://twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1494248995258048517?s=20&t=pK3rQlGmE7S-ni4lHKy7EQ

poo poo, so many people are already having a fit that it's trending.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Davros1 posted:

poo poo, so many people are already having a fit that it's trending.

Awesome. This is why I love the internet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

https://twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1494248995258048517?s=20&t=pK3rQlGmE7S-ni4lHKy7EQ

Thanks for the spoiler pic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yikes, time to grandpa Simpson my way out of this thread til tonight!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ruddiger posted:

Thanks for the spoiler pic.

That’s hidden on desktop. Sorry I’ll fix it.

Is there a reason desktop and mobile see spoiler tags differently? I always double check before posting. gently caress.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 17, 2022

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Stop quoting the post with spoilers

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

Stop quoting that idiot's post with spoilers

Y'all need to edit them too, the forum doesn't change quote posts automatically.

It looks like this for me BTW:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just watched Peacemaker's finale and... I think this may actually be my favorite superhero TV show? Like, all the Marvel stuff is nice but honestly I'm probably never going to watch Loki or Wandavision ever again, but I feel like I might marathon this whole show on the weekend for fun.

I was kinda surprised when the Justice League actually showed up but when they were in shadow I was like "Yeah, makes sense they couldn't get them for basically a cameo", then Momoa and Miller were actually there and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Good to know before Aquaman 2 comes out that Aquaman loving fish is canon.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I haven't watched the Peacemaker finale yet but the idea of WB/DC wanting something similar resulting in a Hitman series is something my brain has latched onto and now won't let go of

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Peacemaker was just so good and the entire cast absolutely went all-in on the insanity. Plus John Cena is a legit good actor.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It is amazing -- truly, literally staggering -- to think that 8 hours of TV ago, Peacemaker was on everybody's Top 5 Worst Superheroes Ever Devised By the Hand of Mankind list.

We're now living in a world where DC Comics is leaving money on the table by not publishing a Peacemaker solo title.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Finale was good, human torpedo fakeout and payoff was suitably Gunn, not particularly enthused about the Dexter gimmick for next season but what can ya do. momoa showing up was funny but I extremely hope that's just a one off gag. absolutely do not want a Gunn JL

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

Finale was good, human torpedo fakeout and payoff was suitably Gunn, not particularly enthused about the Dexter gimmick for next season but what can ya do. momoa showing up was funny but I extremely hope that's just a one off gag. absolutely do not want a Gunn JL

You have two choices

snyderverse

Or

gunnverse

Pick

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

BSG did it first.

But it's a nearly 30 year old plot from the comics.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm ok with it because Robert Patrick rules

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
huh, I figured they'd go to Hulu in the US for content reasons. hopefully they won't be censored, though I guess the mention of updated parental controls in the next tweet implies they might not be
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1498689548536057860

also, new Moon Knight poster

https://twitter.com/moonknight/status/1498568726941106180

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nearly every other country already has that system anyway so it's easy for them to activate I guess.

In countries without Hulu availability, Disney+ has an additional "channel" called Star that has a bunch of Hulu stuff and some other licenses Disney owns that aren't family friendly and/or don't fit into one of the existing channels. You can turn on a parental control to block Star from a kid flagged profile.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah idk how Disney plus in the states is going to censor punisher and still have it be coherent.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Aphrodite posted:

Nearly every other country already has that system anyway so it's easy for them to activate I guess.

In countries without Hulu availability, Disney+ has an additional "channel" called Star that has a bunch of Hulu stuff and some other licenses Disney owns that aren't family friendly and/or don't fit into one of the existing channels. You can turn on a parental control to block Star from a kid flagged profile.

I know, I just didn't think they'd cross the line of putting TV-MA content on Disney+ here in the US, given the lack of a separate branding. it's not completely out of nowhere, though, they already started blurring the line between Disney+ and Hulu by adding ABC sitcoms like The Wonder Years and black-ish to Disney+ recently

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah idk how Disney plus in the states is going to censor punisher and still have it be coherent.

they condense the whole season into the 5 minutes where he plays with micros kids and it's now a Christmas special

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Adding adult content to Disney+ just seems like an inevitability. Maybe someone wants to milk the audience with two services but it’s probably just smarter to build one powerhouse where everyone knows where to go. And the way the MCU is going you’re gonna start having zombies and vampires soon. Deadpool is somewhere. Someone’s gonna wanna curse or get horny. You might as well just throw a parental lock on there and be done with it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I love how clearly I can still tell that's Oscar Isaac in there. Dude has some recognizable eyes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They should have brought thr Netflix shows over sooner. Matt could've taught Wanda how to cope without vision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let Drax gently caress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

STAC Goat posted:

Adding adult content to Disney+ just seems like an inevitability. Maybe someone wants to milk the audience with two services but it’s probably just smarter to build one powerhouse where everyone knows where to go. And the way the MCU is going you’re gonna start having zombies and vampires soon. Deadpool is somewhere. Someone’s gonna wanna curse or get horny. You might as well just throw a parental lock on there and be done with it.

What If? already had Zombies in the MCU, and it looks like the new Doc Strange movie has the evil Doc Strange from that series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They should have brought thr Netflix shows over sooner. Matt could've taught Wanda how to cope without vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

:downsrim:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah if disney's really going to do deadpool 3 - which by all accounts they're committed to - then parent controls and adult content on disney+ is just a matter of course. They can't shuffle everything off to Hulu.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm kind of expecting Deadpool to be the stinger for MoM, it's a pretty logical place to bring him in

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

I'm kind of expecting Deadpool to be the stinger for MoM, it's a pretty logical place to bring him in

I think people are pinning a lot of different hopes on it. X-Men, Deadpool, the FF, lots of opportunities if you're going to crack apart dimensions and timelines.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

I think people are pinning a lot of different hopes on it. X-Men, Deadpool, the FF, lots of opportunities if you're going to crack apart dimensions and timelines.

Right but those make more sense as story things or stuff to be brought in down the road, Pool makes more sense as an after credits joke. Though I also kind of assume they'll still keep him fairly seperate from the other stuff, I'm not expecting him to be in whatever the next Endgame is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Blockhouse posted:

yeah if disney's really going to do deadpool 3 - which by all accounts they're committed to - then parent controls and adult content on disney+ is just a matter of course. They can't shuffle everything off to Hulu.

Deadpool shoots a guy in the face and turns directly to the camera "boy that sure was violent, hope Disney doesn't stick this on HULU!! *wink*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

If you have parental controls turned on your kids instead get to see Once Upon a Deadpool 2.

What a weird film that was.