Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I appreciate the content warning, in the future please spoiler the corresponding passage and not the warning itself, that's a bit backwards. I went ahead and did it for you.

Thanks and noted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Olive Garden guy graduated cum laude from the Dr. Robert Underdunk Terwilliger Jr. School of Rake Stepping. Christ dude

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Kurieg posted:

r/relationships: It wasn't just about Olive Garden, but it was a lot about Olive Garden.

It was actually about the breadsticks

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Regardless of whether or not they actually like Olive Garden: Olive Garden sucks, but if your partner is a culinary genius and not too much of a snob to eat cheap restaurant food, that's a big win.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I'm going to repost a classic because there's a fresh update (thanks r/bestofredditupdates again).

AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

UPDATE - AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

And now, the latest:
the best woman in the world left me a few years ago and it was my fault. I still blame her. (CW: transphobia? maybe?)

This is my favorite set of schadenfreude posts ever.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Kurieg posted:

r/relationships: It wasn't just about Olive Garden, but it was a lot about Olive Garden.

Wasn't that the title of an earlier thread for a while?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

When You're Here, You're Family, And Conversely If You Don't Come Here, You May Not Be Family Much LongerTM

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Captain Hygiene posted:

When You're Here, You're Family, And Conversely If You Don't Come Here, You May Not Be Family Much LongerTM

Catchy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I'm going to repost a classic because there's a fresh update (thanks r/bestofredditupdates again).

AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

UPDATE - AITA for very rarely/almost never wanting to go to restaurants because my girlfriend makes food that's just as good, if not better, than restaurant food?

And now, the latest:
the best woman in the world left me a few years ago and it was my fault. I still blame her. (CW: transphobia? maybe?)

I'm glad she's (he? I don't know their pronouns and the OP ain't a reliable narrator) is living their best life and flaunting it because this dorkass couldn't see what a good thing he had going

Captain Hygiene posted:

lmao :golfclap:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And now, the latest:

For some reason the line about gum is intensely funny to me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm glad she's (he? I don't know their pronouns and the OP ain't a reliable narrator) is living their best life and flaunting it because this dorkass couldn't see what a good thing he had going:

Try "they" if you don't know.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm glad she's (he? I don't know their pronouns and the OP ain't a reliable narrator) is living their best life and flaunting it because this dorkass couldn't see what a good thing he had going

lmao :golfclap:

Yeah I was unclear on that point too, but I like that the ex got a packer bigger than op's dick. Alpha poo poo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You're never going to be secure in your masculinity if you think dildoes are competition. They can make them as big as they want.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Honestly next time they meet up with the OP they should pack this for maximum schadenfreude

:nws:https://www.amazon.com/Doc-Johnson-Classic-American-Challenge/dp/B002E9I0F2 :nws:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
r/relationships: it makes me feel emasculated that my ex-girlfriend has a bigger dick than me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly next time they meet up with the OP they should pack this for maximum schadenfreude

:nws:https://www.amazon.com/Doc-Johnson-Classic-American-Challenge/dp/B002E9I0F2 :nws:

This remains my favorite dildo name, which, thank you for asking I do have a list and I regularly update it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Girlfriend (27) was poly when I (M27) when I met her. She has been monogamous with me, but she has gone back to being poly without telling me. Is it cheating?

quote:

When I met my girlfriend, she had a girlfriend. I almost cut of things with her given I wasn’t comfortable with that, but something told me to stay and give it a shot. It was fairly easy because her girlfriend wasn’t good to or for her, so I became a central focus. Before she and I became official, 11 months ago, she broke up with her girlfriend. She never spoke of a desire to be poly again. She even joked about how difficult it was and that she knew she wanted to be with me and that it made it easier to break apart from her. We have spoke about marriage, kids, and are looking to move in together. However the past few weeks she has been acting a little bit different, and off. She is now very active on social media (tik tok and Instagram in particular, and not posting about her and I at all) and I notice her Snapchat does not stop blowing up. I did that thing and looked through her phone, she was messaging about 10 different girls, and the messages were extremely flirty, even talking about going on dates. She doesn’t know that I know any of this, and I feel like if I bring it up to her, she will hit me with the defense of “remember I am poly”. I think there’s a like to draw of going back to being poly without telling me, though in the past few weeks I have been giving her the opportunity to get whatever was on her chest off, but she has just told me everything is fine and okay. So even though she is poly by definition, is it cheating? She went back into that lifestyle without my knowledge and pretty much behind my back.

TLDR: girlfriend was former poly and became monogamous with me through our whole relationship (11 months) only for me to find out she is talking to other women now without telling me

Nowhere does he say there was an actual conversation they had about becoming strictly monogamous. :shrug:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Girlfriend (27) was poly when I (M27) when I met her. She has been monogamous with me, but she has gone back to being poly without telling me. Is it cheating?

Nowhere does he say there was an actual conversation they had about becoming strictly monogamous. :shrug:

Both have terminal dumbness for not having that conversation and/or changing an existing aspect of their relationship without having a conversation, the relationship should quietly die in peace

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"I didn't tell you I wasn't seeing anyone else" is lovely regardless of whether you identify as poly or not. So she sucks. And he sucks for snooping instead of just asking her.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for refusing to pay for a meal at a restaurant?

quote:

My girlfriend and I recently went out for dinner. It took them a while to seat us as they were short staffed.

We ordered an appetizer to split as well as a meal each. I noticed that they were really trying to rush us along, bringing out our meals at the same time as the appetizer. The server kept grabbing things off the table, asking, "All finished with this?" and beginning to walk away with it in her hand, before I stopped her and told her we weren't finished. After the third time, first the bread, then my half filled beer, and then the appetizer. I had enough.

"I understand you have a job to do. Please do not touch anything in front of me until it is cleared and off to the side. Stop interrupting our meal, please go away," I said very sternly.

A friend of mine came in and was seated at a table nearby, I turned around to greet him and engaged in chit chat for about two minutes. When I turned around my meal, which I had barely touched, was gone. My girlfriend hadn't even noticed it go missing. I called the waitress over, who handed me the check and asked, "Will there be anything else?"

I told her my meal had disappeared.

She blankly replied, "Oh, I thought you were done."

I said, "No, I am still eating. Go get my dinner and bring it back here."

She replied, "Ummm... it got thrown out? Because you looked like you were done, so yeah..."

I told her to go get her manager. She responded that he didn't have time to see me. I told her that he needed to make time because I was about to make a scene in four seconds.

She left and a minute later came back and said that he was too busy. I told her to reprint the check without my meal on it. She refused saying I ordered it, I had to pay for it, and walked away.

I let my girlfriend finish her meal. Took the check, put a line through the cost of my meal, pulled cash out of my wallet to cover the appetizer, drinks, and my girlfriend's meal, wrote, "No Tip: Your server was rude, incompetent, and threw out my dinner", and handed it to the cashier as one bundle as I walked out.

My girlfriend thinks I went a bit overboard and that I should have at least tipped for the other employees involved. My mother, a retired waitress, is furious that I took it upon myself to alter a check and leave without paying for food I ordered. She thinks it was an honest mistake and I need to be more understanding.

That's a really weird behavior, wonder what that's all about...

quote:

I really don't want to think this, but my girlfriend and I are a different race than the server and most of the people that were in the restaurant. I've been tossing around whether I should ask my friend that I spoke to if he received similar treatment.

I don't want to be that guy and I really don't want to make something of this publicly, but that thought is lingering in the back of my mind.
Ooohhhhhhhh

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hughlander posted:

AITA for refusing to pay for a meal at a restaurant?

That's a really weird behavior, wonder what that's all about...

Ooohhhhhhhh

Colored folks ain't welcome at the Kountry Korner Kitchen, nohow noway

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I haven't been in the dating game for a while but isn't it common to have a brief convo where you agree to be exclusive? Not deep and emotional with it, just "hey I'm not seeing anyone else, are you?"

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And now, the latest:

I wish them a very good luck on their series 7 exam. Ex is an idiot.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

I haven't been in the dating game for a while but isn't it common to have a brief convo where you agree to be exclusive? Not deep and emotional with it, just "hey I'm not seeing anyone else, are you?"

Normal people who do normal things don't turn to reddit for relationships advice.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its cheating but he's is a moron if he never concretely laid down expectations because she can just rationalize her behavior as "you knew what i am"

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And now, the latest:

"My partner was miserable being my domestic food-slave, but now that we've broken up they've gotten their life together and seem a lot happier. And I HATE IT!"

My mom can cook meals that are gourmet quality, and it would actually be kind of annoying some nights when she'd plan a fancy, elaborate meal and it wouldn't be ready until 8:30 at night. That poo poo takes a lot of time and effort, and I found my teenage-self enjoying the nights that my dad would throw simple dinners together (or the times when I was just allowed to feed myself and started to learn how to cook) a bit more. Fixing fancy meals takes a tremendous amount of time and effort, and nowadays when I visit my mom and she's fixing something elaborate I immediately start helping her with the prep-cooking.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

A real life version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxLQZPqI2M

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

hey y’all, I’ve noticed an uptick of stories being posted twice so maaayyybe read a few pages before posting a recent story

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Thank you, some of you people have me wondering if it's actually last Tuesday with this poo poo.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
This thread would be a lot shorter if people didn't comment on posts they didn't read all the way through. A lot more readable too

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Did shark like and powerful ever update? I hope she threw out the fiance. I tried to check but her account is suspended on reddit.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Here's some heartwarming content.

I'm not my parents bio daughter, I feel terrible about it and ruined an important moment for her

quote:

I know that I'm probably the TA, but I feel so upset and confused I just needed an outside opinion.

Last year, a child service worker contacted by parents to ask if they would be willing to take a child (15 F) who was recently orphaned and had biological ties to them. What was even weirder was that she (Sofia) was a genetic match to both of my parents. After some investigation, it turned out that she was their real daughter: the hospital messed up and accidentally switched me with her. I'm not actually their daughter.

Obviously once my parents found out Sofia was their daughter they took her in. It's been around a year since she moved in, and everyone has been so happy since she came. I know that I'm a terrible person for being so self-pitying when Sofia is going through so much more, but ever since the truth came out I've been feeling really terrible.

I never really fit in with my family and have always been very self conscious about it. When I was little, people used to call me the ugly duckling (which is a pretty good description if I'm being honest, except I never grew up into a swan). My parents and my older siblings have always excelled at school, they're naturally gifted athletes and really popular. I'm pasty, pimply and have a lot of social anxiety. I have a hard time fitting in at school and used to get bullied which caused everyone a lot of problems.

And now there's Sofia, who has the same clear skin and shiny black hair and poise as them, and even though she just joined the school last year all the teachers and students love her. We're in all the same classes and I can't help comparing myself with her. She's so obviously a better fit in the family, even my cousins commented on it.

A month ago, I got a small award (not the big 3) for some digital art, but because we hadn't gotten booster shots yet my parents said we couldn't go to the exhibit. Now Sofia just won a student leader award, and my parents are throwing a party for her. I get it's not the same situation, and that her award is much bigger than mine, and everyone got their shots now but I just started feeling so terrible when I saw how proud and happy my parents looked with an arm around her, that I couldn't take it and had to leave. Sofia saw I was going from across the room and asked kind of loud where I was going, and then everyone turned to stare at me and just I started crying and ran away.

It's not sofia's fault I'm insecure but I hate this, I hate that I'm not the real daughter, that I don't fit in and that I'll never be able to meet my bio parents who could have fit in with.

I was swapped at birth

quote:

A while back I posted about how miserable I felt because I didn't feel like I belonged to the family that raised me. I had been struggling with insecurities for years, and it got so so much worse when we learned I had been switched at birth, that my biggest fears came true and really wasn't part of this family. I couldn't stand to be around their real daughter, Sofia. It didn't feel like we were sisters, it felt like I was an imposter, and she was a princess. I ended up breaking down during a party for her and ran away. I posted here because I wanted someone, anyone to tell me that it was going to be okay, that I was loved.

Someone did. I found out later that Sofia left the party as soon as she saw me crying, that she spent hours searching for me before finding me in the old treehouse. I was miserable and embarrassed, tried to give some type of apology, but dissolved into more crying and a word vomit of my insecurities. She hugged me, and let me sob all over her. She told me the party didn't matter, that I was more important to her.

It hurt so much to hear that, because I didn't expect it, didn't feel like I could believe it. It felt like too much, like it was more than I deserved. For the next week relatives scolded me about 'overreacting', but it didn't hurt so bad because someone was on my side.We went to the art exhibit with my work later because she couldn't believe I hadn't gone yet. We got ice cream, and she gushed about how talented I was. She's at the top of the class, and captain of the girls varsity volleyball team -- she's a thousand times more talented, but she spoke like I was the rebirth of the renaissance.

Sofia took me shopping, and showed me the cream my mother used to use because she figured our skin types would be similar and guess what-- I don't have acne anymore! She told me I'm beautiful, that I have my father's eyes and laugh, and my mother's button nose. After that she cried because it hurt to remember them, and I cried with her. She defends me at school and at home -- when a cousin took a crack at my weight, Sofia went positively glacial. "That's my sister you're talking about." until he turned red and apologized. When I'm sad she rolls a blanket around me and calls it a burrito.

It doesn't hurt me now when people compliment Sofia or comment how she's my parents 'real' daughter, because she is their daughter and she really is amazing, she deserves compliments. I've stopped feeling bad that my parents connect with her so much more easily than they've ever done with me, that they take more interest in what she's doing than they've ever done with me. Because now I have someone who gets me. She tells me nice things about me everyday, and I'm starting to believe her. We weren't born to the same people, or raised by the same people, but she's my sister and that makes me feel so, so lucky. I'm going to be a better sister, the best sister, I've never felt so much like family before.
OP's original family sound like garbage people but I'm glad she and Sophia found each other.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for calling my wife a bad host for not including me and my co workers in dinner?

quote:

throwaway.

Alright, I'm keeping this short and simple.

Yesterday, I (m33) had a couple of co workers come over to work on an important project. We were way behinf schedule and needed every minute we could get to complete the project.

We lost track of time and my co workers ended up staying til 9pm. My wife was home the entire day, my co workers and I were so hungry but I couldn't leave the office so I texted my wife to ask if she could make us something to eat. well, it turned out that at 7 pm she went into the kitchen and made burger and fries for herself for dinner and did not include me or my co workers. I waited til my co workers left and asked her why she didn't make us burgers seeing how busy amd exhausted and hungry we were. her defense was that A, I didn't ask, B, I could've ordered from the restaurant if I needed. And C, she wouldn't find enough time or ingredients to make me and my co workers burgers and fries. I told her it was just 3 of us me, and other 2 coworkers so that is just an excuse. I called her a bad host but she argued that those were my guests not hers but I insisted it's her house too and she could've been a bit generous but she had this "I don't owe anyone time or favors" attitude the entire argument. She just threw her hands up and walked out. I think that it wouldn't have affectef her to include me and my co workers on dinner but instead made me look bad and acted sefishly. she still sees nothing wrong with what she did even after I reversed the roles. AITA?
I have housekeeping books from the fifties where the wife is advised to put canned goods for one meal on the shelf, then paste paper over the shelf so that the food is always available to cook for last-minute guests. This guy would obviously be happier in that time period.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Sisal Two-Step posted:

And now, the latest:

They are a single person with a kid to support. Sounds like they took a job with a good salary and benefits to make sure they don't have to worry about how they're going to support themselves and the kid.

Gum also IS wonderful for keeping you awake when you're tired and studying material for what I know from experience is a hard and boring exam.

And, dude, she just don't want you contacting her at work. Especially not thru her manager. Hell, my partner doesn't have my managers phone number. For what loving reason would he ever need it?

Therapy time!

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for calling my wife a bad host for not including me and my co workers in dinner?

I have housekeeping books from the fifties where the wife is advised to put canned goods for one meal on the shelf, then paste paper over the shelf so that the food is always available to cook for last-minute guests. This guy would obviously be happier in that time period.

This man would absolutely never.

If the situations were reversed, he wouldn't have made food for her and her coworkers, absolutely not. I won't believe otherwise unless there is a portal to an alternate universe exactly like ours, except for one difference: that in this one instance the two of them were swapped in this exact situation, and he made them all dinner.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my cousin and her husband they should consider stopping their IVF treatment?

quote:

My f28 female cousin Lauren f35 and her husband have been struggling with having kids and are suffering from health issues. They've begun IVF treatment which is expensive where I live. So far they've had several rounds but no luck.

They visited on my mom's birthday yesterday, We don't see each other much now but mom tells me about how they're doing in general. We were conversing at dinner and the IVF got brought up. Lauren said she and her husband are about to undergo another round of IVF. Everyone at the table said a prayer and wished them luck, but I told Lauren that after spending this much money and after having already gone through several rounds in addition to other factors contributing to their infertility issues, she should really consider stopping IVF and taking a break and also saving money. Lauren and her husband looked offended, Lauren then said that they aren't struggling with money so it's okay. I explained that they may not be struggling now but will be in the future seeing they'd spent thousands and wasted money for no benefits while they could've financially helped some struglling family with kids. Lauren got quiet, I stated that this was just my opinion after all. Lauren's husband looked at me grudgingly and said "I think you should just mind your own business and keep your opinion to yourself". from there the argument ensued. I told him he was being disrespectful and he kept talking back. shortly after, He and Lauren left. Mom started asking me why I caused a scene on her birthday. I said we were just talking but Lauren and her husband blew this way out of proportion. Mom said that I had 0 say in anyone's reproductive choice and should've kept my mouth shut. My sister who rarely agrees with me sided with me saying I was good. But mom is insisting I call Lauren and apologize to her. my husband too sided with me and told me to give it few days and Lauren will call. I see lauren as my sister and I respect her but we have our moments.

AITA in this situation?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my cousin and her husband they should consider stopping their IVF treatment?

lol "he kept talking back"

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I'm not my parents bio daughter, I feel terrible about it and ruined an important moment for her

I was swapped at birth

OP's original family sound like garbage people but I'm glad she and Sophia found each other.

I like it, but it feels like someone is describing a made-for-TV movie tbh.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I was swapped at birth

I wonder what happened to OP's bio parents.

Edit: Oh nvm it says right there, they died. whoops.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Soylent Pudding posted:

It sounds like the couple should have a conversation about taking a break or stopping since they have had so much trouble and the break might ease off on the stress and help.

That being said lol at this "brutally honest" genius here that decided the best way to do that was badger them then get pissed off when they didn't like their opinion.

Edit: Does anyone have that story where a woman came home early to find her husband and his friends recreating slleepovers from their youth that ended with them jacking off and screaming "Super Mario Brothers" when cumming or something like that? A conversation in the Schadenfreude thread reminded me of it.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 17, 2022