Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Wanderer posted:

Andy's EX fireball is a lot of fun too, since it's pretty big and slower than his dash. It reminds me of how SFV Laura can use her janky electric arc to cover her approach.

Yeah! I'm actually having a difficult time finding good setups for it so far though, at least from his combos that I've been using. It was easy to setup in XIV you just had to sacrifice damage to do it because of how max mode worked. I think Andy being slower and the screen size being smaller make this a bit worse, but I'm still messing around with it, it's just hard to force them to take the mixup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im gonna hold off on kof until they let me pick 3 terrys or one really big terry

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
team waku waku 7 c'mon snk

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Real hurthling! posted:

Im gonna hold off on kof until they let me pick 3 terrys or one really big terry

Terry is already ginormous in the game, haven't you seen his muscles?

But you can always buy 3 copies of the game and play on party mode, that one let's you repeat characters iirc.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Fee-fi-fiddily-kay
Bustah Wolf, are you ok?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

KoF is out on PC and for normal version PS4/5 in about two hours! Get hype!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
You know what's a fun button? Antonov's cr. D.

I played a few couch sets for the first time tonight and I kept smacking my buddy with it. It's a deceptively great poke, it hits overhead, it's safe on block...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a short to to doing qcf punch, qcb+hcf?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Just loving ONCE I would love to have a working modern KoF on PC that I can play online without issue. This is the most irritating loving thing.

If only there were some way to test this poo poo for issues before release! That would be great! But no, no such thing exists on PC, you just have to suffer and eat poo poo.

gently caress this game and gently caress SNK

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How is the PC port? Is it worth getting over the PS4 / PS5 version?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

havent tested the netcode yet but everything else about the port seems fine?

there were some netcode issues on console too but it seemed to be with crossplay between the ps4/ps5 versions.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hobojim posted:

KoF is out on PC! Get hype!

Hobojim posted:

gently caress this game and gently caress SNK

Well, that was fast.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Saoshyant posted:

Well, that was fast.

The 15 is the amount of minutes needed for a rage quit, apparently.

I wonder what the issue was?

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009
Other than having to fiddle with Steam to get my PS3 fightstick to work, I haven't had had any technical issues with the PC port, and the netcode seems like an improvement on KOF 14 from the one match I've played so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I also had good netcode matches once I booted out the clear wi-fi warriors.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

The game is still a lot of fun don't get me wrong, I'm just really salty that there are so many PC port issues after they neglected to do a PC beta again.

I can't connect to anybody online in ranked or casual, it just pops up with "An error has occurred" every time, unless for some reason it's a 1-bar connection then it works fine (but is obviously unplayable)

Room matches I can KIND OF play sometimes, but not always, and if I try to search for a room all I get are 300ms ping matches, and there's no way to tell what the connection will be like until you sit through the loading screen for the room. It's insanely frustrating

I've done the usual troubleshooting and looked online for answers but there are none to be found. I'm just fed up with getting poo poo on as a PC player.

Edit to add things so it doesn't just sound like a connection issue: Vsync is hosed up for a lot of people, the game straight up won't launch for a few that I've talked to despite demolishing the recommended specs, the game has weird slowdown the first time you do any specific super (but seems to not do it after the super has been done once, even after restart? Fuckin weird), the anti aliasing on PC is all sorts of hosed up so characters like Liz have sawtooth hair, there are basically no graphic settings beyond resolution and turning off features, you can't turn off controller vibration, you need outside help to remap some keys on the keyboard.

I'm sure there are more but that's what I've seen in my usual discord hangouts.

Hobojim fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 17, 2022

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Starts up just fine for me, but dang I don't have time to really play till after work

I gotta say though, I wasn't expecting ray tracing to be an option for KOFXV for some reason

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Hobojim posted:

I'm just fed up with getting poo poo on as a PC player.

This is not shattering my expectations of an Snk release at all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

Don't taunt though or you'll get dissin' terry

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Starts up just fine for me, but dang I don't have time to really play till after work

I gotta say though, I wasn't expecting ray tracing to be an option for KOFXV for some reason

I don't think the ray tracing is really going to help KOF15 not look like rear end.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Just your regular reminder:

Don't preorder games.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Yikes glad I waited on this one. Will be getting it on the Ps4

If at some point the PS5 becomes widely available to regular humans I'll probably upgrade to that

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Works on my machine.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
The game also works for me. I played some non-ranked online matches last night too which worked with no connection issues. I think the most confusing part about the PC port is there is no native 1440p output.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Robert has a corner "infinite" (in quotes cause he can only do it until he runs out of meter) and it's extremely easy to do. So naturally he's on my team now. Wonder how long they'll let it rock.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Kongming posted:

Robert has a corner "infinite" (in quotes cause he can only do it until he runs out of meter) and it's extremely easy to do. So naturally he's on my team now. Wonder how long they'll let it rock.

Probably forever? Touch of death combos are not uncommon in kof so like, being able to keep pumping meter into someone is basically that's kof baby!

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Kongming posted:

I believe there was a preview of an upcoming patch from SNK that had some bug fixes/slight balance changes and included was that they were increasing the recovery of his L1 Ranbu super so that you can't do the dragon punch follow up to get the loop.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tae posted:

Still need help as a kof newcomer.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Tae posted:

Probably won't help if the problem is speed, but if it's a matter of timing you can hold the button after the qcb+hcf for a while to get more generous window.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

One thing I can say about the PC version is that it seems to have better load times for matches than the console ones. It was concerning to me just how long the load times seemed on PS4/PS5 on the streams I watched the past two days, even on rematch.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I've had zero issues with the PC version so far, but your mileage may vary.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Preliminary thoughts playing just a few characters against CPU and as someone who sucks at fighting games:

Yashiro is extremely beginner friendly even for an idiot like me. Basically qcb kick to close distance and qcb punch for damage. Get into the corner and mash. Some characters are very subtle but this guy don't seem like it.

Krohnen also isn't too bad because his normals are pretty good. I couldnt really get much out of his specials but the level 2 super is a projectile with multihits and his level 3 takes up the whole screen.

Shermie is my favorite so far but is way more complex than the other two.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tae posted:

I don't think so, I'm not aware of any input parser tricks for that. I'm not a kof expert though by any means

Unlike dp+hcb being read as qcf+hcb for sorry l super purposes and stuff

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Tae posted:

So I'm not sure because I'm bad at KOF but I saw a rooflemonger video talking about doing dp, hcb qcf as a combo and I'd imagine it might still apply? Try like, qcb, hcf punch, qcf whatever. It's like, as long as you hit all the points in the input parser it'll count it or something but I think you can start with the back motion, do a different move, then finish the forward into super.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/SD_DECHI/status/1494298744988188673?t=FkxaUEeAL-f8p46GtQF1lQ&s=19

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Tae posted:

You can't use the super input for the first qcf but there are alternative inputs you can do for the qcb+hcf that might be more comfortable:

qcb,qcb+f or qcb+qcf (drop the downback input)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tae posted:

There isn't afaik but you can do the qcb hcf as qcb qcf if that makes it easier for you.

ef;b

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 17, 2022

night slime
May 14, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

You can do party mode 1v1 and pick the same character thrice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQpSMZCxLbs having the announcer hype up every fighter in story mode is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is frame data available in KOF15? How are the training mode tools?