Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'd say that 60 is the feature-complete rotation for MNK. Although I guess at 50 you get a bit of a taste of ShB MNK and how clunky the rotation was then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Yesterday was kind to me, yielding the Diamond Weapon mount and card (on the same run, no less) as well as the Varis card and some miscellaneous ShB EX materials.

Titania then spent the rest of the night refusing to give me anything. :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is it possible to share or import HUD layouts at all? guessing no

either way does anyone on controller want to show me what they've got going? here's mine atm. my problem seems to be i have trouble noticing animation tells (89 trial, what's his face in the 2nd tier of Eden with the Burn Strike thing, among others), so I was going to shrink the whole UI and move things toward the edge more? what say you

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Actually, your config is an explicit file you can download but I don't know if it's intrinsically tied to you or anything.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing that ties a setup to an account as I've seen people putting up their layouts for download (here's Quazii's, for example, which also includes where to look for your own setup) but I definitely know they're not tied to characters as I've copied layouts between alts with no issue.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Onean posted:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing that ties a setup to an account as I've seen people putting up their layouts for download (here's Quazii's, for example, which also includes where to look for your own setup) but I definitely know they're not tied to characters as I've copied layouts between alts with no issue.

oh cool, cheers for that!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Did they always send you an email/have popups on login to notify you that you only have 5 days left on a sub?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

White mage should be more like black mage

Healer leylines

Hell, most of the WHM quests are about people screwing with aether flows and messing up the forest, why can't we make some use of that flow?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Did they always send you an email/have popups on login to notify you that you only have 5 days left on a sub?

not exactly the same thing but I always get an email a few days before they charge my card every month

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zomborgon posted:

Healer leylines

:whitewater:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
White Mage Leylines is just Presence of Mind because healers are smart enough to move the buff with them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

healers are all a leyline for everyone else to stand near

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Give me back Aero III. :(

I badly miss Aero III. Sticking a DoT onto an entire pack of monsters just feels like you're getting so much value, even if they tweak the numbers so that it's not worth using on single targets.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

I badly miss Aero III. Sticking a DoT onto an entire pack of monsters just feels like you're getting so much value, even if they tweak the numbers so that it's not worth using on single targets.

Miasma 2 was a weirdly interesting healer ability because it was fun to find places where it was a single target DPS gain over just mashing Broil, mostly because it was instant cast, short range, DoT, and had a potency between Ruin 2 and Broil

It's gone, but now I can do similar movement optimization with Phlegma/Toxikon (although now it's resource rationing instead of finding places where it's worth a GCD)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
give whm enochian

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
white mage now does a self-centered damage pulse whenever anyone else in the party uses a healing action
everyone now pops second wind during the burst phase for optimal dps

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

i realize we're talking healers but Reaper being able to apply its DoT via single target or aoe is just the best derp

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 17, 2022

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Reapers don't have a dot.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's functionally the same as a dot

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

i realize we're talking healers but Reaper being able to apply its DoT via single target or aoe is just the best

Technically that's not a dot, it's a debuff

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Allarion posted:

No it's nothing like a dot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

eh? i could've sworn it had an actual damage component, not just the +10% damage taken

(e) nope, appears my memory is getting worryingly bad :ohdear: not a dot at all, forget i said anything

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 17, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For the longest time I thought it was a dot too, don't worry bud

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Ryanbomber posted:

Miasma 2 was a weirdly interesting healer ability because it was fun to find places where it was a single target DPS gain over just mashing Broil, mostly because it was instant cast, short range, DoT, and had a potency between Ruin 2 and Broil

It's gone, but now I can do similar movement optimization with Phlegma/Toxikon (although now it's resource rationing instead of finding places where it's worth a GCD)

I also really appreciated the brief moment that they were really trying to lean into Scholar as a DoT class such that it had Bane to spread DoTs, its spammable AoE was a tiny DoT, etc. Alas!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

real quick gonna run over and throw a whorl of death on the other 2 sunbirds before going back to my lp's sunbirds. don't thank me just doin my job :)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

might as well keep it up like a dot

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

playing shadowbringers and il mheg is offensively bright

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

keep playing for the good news

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Vitamean posted:

keep playing for the good news

what a relief I figured it would happen eventually but not this soon and I certainly aint complaining

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Reapers don't have a dot.

Allarion posted:

Runa posted:

Technically that's not a dot, it's a debuff

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

No it's nothing like a dot.
This seems like a good time to repost this helpful diagram

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm a purist but autos are clearly a dot :colbert:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ciaphas posted:

i'm a purist but autos are clearly a dot :colbert:

Same but also living shadow.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
anything but the Sonic Break definition renders the term so vague as to be useless

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The whole fight is “damage, over time”, so getting too precious with the definition is probably going to lead to unsatisfactory places.

Similarly, I do some damage per second regardless of job, and in this essay I will

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Surprised "party members" aren't on there.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Optimizing my rotation is damage over time

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Messing up my rotation is healing over time on the boss

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Surprised "party members" aren't on there.

they'd have to be doing or contributing to damage tho :v:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hogama posted:

white mage now does a self-centered damage pulse whenever anyone else in the party uses a healing action
everyone now pops second wind during the burst phase for optimal dps

If this were real, WAR+WHM would be an incredible DPS option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WAR+WHM would just be those old school healers in D&D, right? The ones with the maces.